• Published 23rd Jan 2013
  • 1,714 Views, 70 Comments

One Trip We Didn't Plan - That Pegasus Over There



After two friends go on a day hike, they take a small fall and realize they're not in a Mississippi forest anymore.

  • ...
14
 70
 1,714

Friends, what do ya need 'em for?

One Trip We Didn't Plan

Chapter 18

So how's my brain look chief?

It looks fine. Luna looked up at the suspended human. She found something, and inkling of something she didn't like. "We think we are done here."

"Great! So you'll let me down?"

"Not yet," Doug's face sank as he realized what she had found in his mind. The deeper darker secrets that only he knew about.

"Hehe, okay, Luna. Prank's over, you can let me down now."

"We certainly did come across some interesting memories."

"Uh... Wha'd you find?"

Luna strolled about the room looking rather smug with herself. "Oh, things."

"Like what?" Doug was pale now. He looked a little sick. "Whatever you saw doesn't mea-"

"Oh, but it does. We wouldn't have taken you for someone that... kinky."

Doug was sheet white now. All blood rushed out from his head at what he thought Luna saw in his mind. The images and ideas that only he was supposed to see. The secrets only he was supposed to know about himself. "Okay, haha.We've had a good laugh, but this isn't funny anymore."

"We're certainly having a good time"

"Yeah, but you see- wait. What did you see?"

"You like very specific things~" She drew out the last word as the night princess smirked at the helpless human.

"Oh Fu-"

There was a flash of light in the small cell, and Twilight, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Discord materialized in the middle of the room. The ponies that had just teleported in were all wearing their respective Elements of Harmony.

"There. You see we're already here! No need to bother with trains- they're boring." Discord said as he looked about the cell. "Ah Luna! Long time no see!" He slid over to Luna smiling.

"What arest thou doing here!? We are in an interrogation!"

"More like probing." Everypony and Discord turned to Doug with varying mixes of shock and confusion on their faces. "Mental probing."

"Thou wouldst make that joke." Luna snickered.

The mane 6 backed up to the far wall opposite Doug and watched him intently. Discord smiled and flew right into Doug's face.

"Oh look what we have here! A human! Haven't seen hide or tail of you for a long time!"

"You know about us?"

"Yes! What'd you think I did while I was in stone? I was universe surfing!" Discord exclaimed as he pulled a surfboard out of nowhere. "You are quite the interesting race! Which uni did you come from hmm?"

"I-"

"Oh that's right- you don't know any other than your own. That's so boring! This all must be new to you isn't it? Flying through another's world completely alien to your own? Why I-"

"Actually its not." Luna spoke up determined to get back to taunting Doug.

"Come again?" The confused draconequus said turning around to face Luna.

"This one knows of our universe. Through an invention they call TV."

"Oh yes television! I love it! A new universe in every show!" With a snap of his clawed hand, a blue couch and television appeared under the Mane 6. Discord wedged himself between them and pulled a Tv remote out from Rainbow Dash's ear. "Let's see what's on, shall we?"

With a click of a button, Discord turned on the TV to show another human staring at the screen. "Oh you must be the author! TPOT for short right?"

The human staring at the screen blinked, raised a finger, and looked like he was about to say something before sighing and dropping his finger. He proceeded to facepalm and rub his temples with his thumb and middle finger.

"Something wrong?"

The human glared back at the draconequus. "This never happened. Got it?" With a snap of his fingers, the screen went to static. Everyone in the room shook their heads. Twilight was the first to say anything.

"Wha- What just happened?"

"Hmpf. Stupid author." Discord mumbled to himself.

"Oh don't worry Dissy! I'm sure we'll see him again someday!" Pinkie piped.

"Wrong universe Pinkie."

"Oh yeah."

"Would somepony please tell me what the hay is goin' on?" Applejack hollered.

"Oh, its quite simple Applejack." Rarity mused. "Pinkie Pie and Discord are having another one of their odd conversations again."

Discord and Pinkie looked at each other and smiled. They both turned to Rarity and said together, "Close enough."

"-for government work." Doug chimed in smiling.

"Ah! We see what thou did there!" Luna said, chuckling.

"Would someone in Equestria make sense already!" Twilight yelled as she jumped from the couch.

"Relax, Twilight," Doug started, "we're just having a little fun."

"Oh can it you!" Twilight snapped. "That's no way to talk in front of the Princess! Why you should-"

"Twilight Sparkle." Luna said commandingly.

"Yes, Princess Luna?"

"This human is an ambassador. He shall be treated as such." She looked up at Doug still suspended in the air by the glowing cuffs. "Ah. We see your eyes are back to normal."

"They are?" Doug asked.

"Yes, they are young one."

"We're going to get an info dump very soon aren't we?" Discord deadpanned.

"Probably." Pinkie chirped. "I bet Luna's going to tell us about eyes and secrets and demons!"

"Yes, but first I need Discord and you six to do something."

"For that chump? No way!" Rainbow Dash shouted flying up from the couch. "He's the one who scared- I mean, started me to death back in Ponyville!"

"Oh yeah..." Doug said thoughtfully remembering the video he had showed.

"Why should we help you?"

"Calm down sugercube, Ah'm sure this here, uhh..."

"Human." Pinkie supplied.

"Thank ya, Pinkie. This human is sorry for what he did."

"Actually, no. I'm not, and you'd know if I was lying."

Applejack frowned. "Now if you'd just let Luna finish, maybe you'd all be willing to help."

"The human is right, as much as I hate to admit it." Rarity began. "Letting Luna speak would speed things along. Luna?"

"We thank thee, Rarity. My sister called you here because Douglas here has had some...trouble with some changelings. Long story short, we had to fix Douglas's eyes and the result might have had terrible side effects. Which is why I want Discord to look into his mind with me."

All eyes turned to Discord. He was eating pretzels he had gotten from somewhere. He looked around, confused before realizing she was talking about him. "Oh, uh, yes! Yes I'd be happy to help read the poor scrap's little mind!"

Discord disappeared and reappeared, roped around Doug. "Well let's look in there shall we?" Discord head-butted Doug and peered into his mind. He pulled away much faster than Luna did. "I don't see anything wrong with him." The draconequus proclaimed. "Was there something wrong with him?"

"That's just what we expected." Luna said smiling. "Girls, would you care to use your elements on Douglas here?"

"That's it, I'm out." Discord said as the mane 6 charged their elements.

"Discord you might want to leave." Doug said. Luna could see he was scared though she did nothing to stop the girls.

"I am." Discord spoke as he phased through the ceiling.

"Mother f-AAAAHHHHHHH!" Doug screamed as the power of friendship and harmony washed over him.

Author's Note:

This chapter was LONG overdue.
I'll be honest, toward the end I got lazy and just wanted to finish it.
Next chapter will be another dream chapter.
We are finally getting closer to the Winter Gala- I have been waiting to write that forever!

Please comment any criticism you have or anything you want to know.
-actually just post whatever you want.