• Published 23rd Jan 2013
  • 1,714 Views, 70 Comments

One Trip We Didn't Plan - That Pegasus Over There



After two friends go on a day hike, they take a small fall and realize they're not in a Mississippi forest anymore.

  • ...
14
 70
 1,714

Let's Meet Luna

One Trip We Didn't Plan
Chapter 8

Luna beamed. Finally, two humans, right in front of her! She could barely contain herself, let alone her wings. She was just too happy for her own good, and it showed.

*squee* "We can't believe you're actually here! We've -I mean- I've been wanting to talk to one of you ever since I heard about you!"

Kevin was dumbfounded. Doug was wearing one of the biggest smiles he had ever worn. Before Kevin could get a word out, Doug spoke.

"Hello Princess Luna, didn't think I'd be seeing you so soon."

"Yes, after the way our sister treated you we had to come and talk to you. Then we found out there were two of you! We could not be happier!"

"Well... perhaps if you let us down... we could give you a hug or something. Would that make you happier?" Kevin piped in. Doug took a look at Kevin as if to say 'back off, I'm talking to her!'

"That tis a splendid idea Mr...?"

"Kevin ma'am."

"Mr. Kevin! What a great idea! Guard? Please come let the humans down."

The brown unicorn that had escorted Doug walked in the room. The unicorn looked uneasy. It was clear he did not like the idea of letting the humans down from their suspended positions.

"Yes, Princess." He quickly said and released Doug and Kevin from their blue-lightning-bonds. The both landed on their feet. Doug and to lean over and touch the ground to keep form falling over. Kevin was fine.

"Thank you, Princess." Doug said politely.

"Yeah, thanks. You want that hug now?"

"More than ever!"

Luna ran up to Kevin and gave him the biggest and hardest hug he had ever received in his life. Doug quickly ran up a hugged Luna, taking extra care to avoid her wings.

"Group hug!"

*squee*

The three hugged in the center of the room while the unicorn guard stood in the doorway. The guard didn't know what to think. He was watching as two of the possibly most dangerous creatures in Equestria hug one of the princesses.

I wonder if I should tell Princess Celestia... Nah, they'll be fine... I hope.

"So what are we doing first?" Doug asked, eager to venture forth into Equestria.

There was a pause. Doug looked to Luna expectantly, like a dog would to a treat held before it.

"Well... What would thou like to do?"

"Get out of this dungeon for starters." Kevin said. He said it with the smallest hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"Yes! Thou will need a place to stay, somewhere far better than this grotesque dungeon." Luna looked off toward the wall for a moment thinking. She didn't know where she would house the humans. Then it hit her.

"We have had a glorious idea!"

"Great. What is it?"

"You can sleep in the Ambassador Apartments! They are well furnished, and not too far away from our chambers!"

"...what?"

Luna laughed. "We art just messing with you! One thing we learned from scrying on Earth for a thousand years is that humans love to play pranks!"

Doug thought about what he had just heard. He knew what scrying was, and it involved incantations and pools of liquid that would peer into other parts of the world... At least that's what he knew from watching movies and playing video games. Kevin had no idea what scrying was, so he didn't ask and passed it off as magic stuff. Which it was.

"Luna?" Doug finally worked up the nerve to ask.

"Yes, my little human?"

"...Have you been spying on us back on Earth?"

Luna looked at Doug and smiled deviously. "Maaaaaybe... Maaaaaaaybe not."

"Kevin, you know what this means?"

"That Luna has been somehow spying on us?"

"Yes, and do you know how?"

"She's been doing it through 'scrying.' Whatever that is."

"Okay. Glad your'e following this conversation."

"I'm not stupid, ya know."

"Right, right. Just checking." Doug smirked.

"We find it amusing that one from a world where there is no magic can know so much about it."

"Well, I aim to please."

"Not to disrupt this moment or anything, but when can we get to our rooms? I rather not hang around in this dungeon any longer- your majesty." Kevin quickly added.

"Thou art quite right Kevin, we should go and set up rooms for the two of you. As well as more... formal wear, perhaps?"

"Sounds good to me." Kevin said.

Doug agreed, and the trio made their way out of the dungeon. They received some strange looks from the guards around the dungeon, but no pony dared say anything. Doug and Kevin did take note of them being seen. Luna paid no attention to the strange looks.

"Hey, Doug," Kevin whispered, "why do ya think they're starin' at us?"

"'Cuz we are from a different dimension, and we only exist in legend." Doug deadpanned. he really didn't want to talk about the strange looks. He was a little self-conscious about being seen as weird.

"WAIT!" Luna shouted. doug and Kevin jumped back not expecting the sudden outburst. "Why didn't we think of it before, we could just teleport us to the rooms!" Luna beamed at the thought of her own brilliance.

"Wait, Luna, I don't know if tha-" Doug was trying to stop her from using magic on him and Kevin. Coming from a world without magic, he feared that they may be horribly injured from the exposure to raw magic. He thought of it as being exposed to high levels of radiation-without a HAZMAT suit.

In a flash they were gone. Doug and Kevin had shut their eyes. They both opened their eyes slowly. They found they were (thankfully) in one piece and in a small apartment.

"...This is not at all how we remember the Ambassador Apartments"

Author's Note:

I can't tell you guys how long I have been working on this! I mean it's taken me forever!
Let me know what you think about it in the comments.