• Published 23rd Jan 2013
  • 1,714 Views, 70 Comments

One Trip We Didn't Plan - That Pegasus Over There



After two friends go on a day hike, they take a small fall and realize they're not in a Mississippi forest anymore.

  • ...
14
 70
 1,714

To the Dungeon... Again...

One Trip We Didn't Plan

Chapter 7

"So Doug How'd it go?" Kevin asked.

"Just peachy"

Doug was being levitated into the air next to Kevin in the blue-lightning-handcuffs. Once Doug was floating next to Kevin, the brown unicorn, who had escorted Doug to Celestia and Luna, huffed and trotted out the dungeon cell. he closed the door behind him.

"What did you do this time?"

"Celestia asked me to show her what I'd shown Twilight back in Ponyville. She apparently doesn't like picture of her and Twilight partying together... That or she hates Katy Perry."

"Doug... Who's Celestia and Twilight? And where the hell is Ponyville?"

"Twilight was the purple unicorn we met back in the other cell. Celestia rules over Equestria, the country we are now in; and raises the sun. Ponyville was where the woods were where we came here and the first cell we were in."

"Ohhh...."

The two boys hung in silence for a minute. kevin noticed Doug playing with something in his right hand.

"Whatcha doing?"

"Finding suitable dungeon music..."

"Oh... Wait... Why do you have dungeon music?"

"Its nice when you play RPGs and you have music to go with- there you are!"

Doug played the song on his phone.

"This is a favorite of mine. I usually play it for when players are walking in a crypt. It works for dungeons too."

They hung there listening to Midnight Syndicate. Other songs began to play each with the creepiness that should be saved for fiction. They were not the only ones listening to the music. Guards started to listen in. The song echoed through the hallways making it impossible to find out where it came from. Ponies began to panic. A ponies started to scream at little noises. the screams were heard throughout the entire dungeon, both male and female.

Kevin and Doug started to enjoy the fear the songs were instilling in ponies.

"I like this." Doug said.

"Me too." Kevin replied.

"Is that bad thing I like to scare ponies shitless?"

"Probably."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Sister! Why did thou send him away?"

"Because that was insulting!"

Celestia and Luna were sitting in the throne room. Doug had just been taken away but Luna wanted him to stay and talk. celestia would have none of it.

"It was harmless! Thou had asked him to show you what he showed Twilight and he did! Was that not in the letter Twilight sent you?"

"She sid not inform me of what was in said letter. She made it very clear that I should see it for myself."

"Sister the humans come from a different culture than we do, is it not possible he did not know that he had insulted thou?"

"...I suppose you are right, Luna."

Celestia sighed. She did not want the human back in her throne room. It had insulted her and her student by putting them in pictures that were never taken. Celestia would never be that intimate with Twilight.

"Luna... If you wish to talk to the human... You can go see him. i do not want him back in here though."

"We are glad you see it that way, sister. Truth be told, we were going to visit him even if thou said we could not."

Before Celestia could say anything to her sister, Luna got up and made her way from the dais to the door. She really wanted to meet this human. Just before the unicorn guards were about to open the great doors, a earth pony guard burst open the doors. Luckily, he stopped right before Luna.

"Your majesties, there is music in the dungeon! Nopony can find the source anywhere. Ponies are beginning to think it is haunted!"

"What's so bad about music?" Celestia asked as she made her way over to the earth pony and her sister.

"Your highness, its creepy music to play in a dungeon. And there is also laughter. Sounds like two monsters that laugh harder at every scream."

Luna looked at Celestia.

"Does thou think what we are thinking?"

"The humans?"

"Yes the human- wait! Did thou say humans?" Luna placed extra emphasis on the s.

"Yes. Why?"

Luna's eyes lit up. Now Celestia was puzzled. Why was Luna so interested in there being more than one human?

"Igottagoseethemnowbye!" Luna qucikly rattled off before bolting out of the throne room entirely headed for the dungeon. Celestia just stared at her sister as she raced down the hallway.

"Something fishy is going on..."

"My apologies, princess. The griffons have arrived and one of them asked me to bring him a fish... And now I smell like it."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Where is it coming from?! Where!? Where!"

Doug and Kevin listened as ponies throught the dungeon were terrified. They couln't help but smile as they listened to the chaos they caused. They wanted to cause as much harmless panic as they could. And they would.

"Kevin?"

"Yeah?"

"You can still do that evil voice that you did a few campouts ago, right?"

Kevin smiled. He knew exactly waht Doug was thinking. Make the ponies belive that there is a spirit in the dungeon.

"Oh hell yes!" he cleared his throat. "BWHAAAAHAHAAHAA!!" Kevin cackled and the dungeon went quiet. Doug stopped the music. "Its soooo good the be free!! Now I can finally get the hell out of here and nothing will stand in my way!! Darkness will once again rule!! And nobody, nohow is going to stop me!!

Several more screams were heard. Kevin and Doug laughed until their sides hurt. They knew that they had instilled fear in the ponies of the dungeon. They laughed until they heard hooves racing toward their door. They quickly collected themselves. They did not anybody to know they were the ones making music and laughing like sociopaths.

The door slowly opened and Luna walked in. She saw Doug then Kevin. She looked estatic.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"...and then you sent them to Canterlot." Sea Breeze was sitting in her small house on a cushion with Night Air across a table on anoher cushion. She owned a small but cozy home. She was currently in her dining room sitting with Night Air. She had just finished telling him everything she knew about the humans that had recently arrived in Equestria.

"So...thats all we know?"

"Yep."

"So let me get this straight-" Night Air cleared his throat, "-you are telling me that, from all the things you know and have read about, all we know is that they came here; they went to jail; scared you and some other ponies; and then I sent them to Canterlot?"

"Pretty much."

"Is there anypony in this town that has any bucking clue what a human is? Beyond just knowing the common stories-I'm talking mythology professors and ponies like that."

"Well..." Sea Breeze looked up at the ceiling. She was obviously thinking about all the ponies she knew. She looked at Night Air and smiled. She knew exactly who to find. "Two ponies I can think of, and you already talked to one."

"Let me guess-"

"Twilight." They said together. It made sense that the famous purple unicorn would know something about the human mythology. It was no secret that Twilight had read every book in her library at some point.

"Who's the other?"

"Her name's Lyra Heartstrings, she-"

Night Air was shocked. "LYRA! Thatcrazy pony? Nuh-uh. Not doing it."

"Yeah, that a problem?"

"We dated for a while in Canterlot, before I went to the Academy. We broke up because when I had to leave."

"...and this is important because?"

"She hates my guts. She said if I truly loved her, I would have stayed."

"Oh... So... You told her you loved her?"

"Maybe... I was young and stupid back then, I didn't know what I was saying."

"Ahhh... Thats why you were a little zipper-lipped when it came to mares... Before I met you at least."

"She was bonkers! I'm telling you! She has al these crazy conspiracy theories and stuff... Oh and she thinks I'm dead."

"what." Sea Breeze deadpanned.

"She kept sending me letters so I... I kinda... I kinda faked my death to her and got a couple of guys to join in."

"A little extreme don't you think?'

"You don't know the half of it... I have a tombstone in Canterlot with my name on it."

Author's Note:

Constructive criticism welcome!