• Published 21st Jan 2013
  • 575 Views, 13 Comments

Legion-An Unforgettable Tale - c1charge



Waking up in a white room, Legion finds he has no memory left of anything. Only by working with others can he uncover the mysteries of his past and learn that even the one's you trust the most can betray you.

  • ...
 13
 575

Chapter 6

I started my flight in the morning, and it was already turning dark. I was just passing the Great Mountains, which meant I still had many hours to go. I spent most of the time in the air thinking. I would think about everything and anything to pass the time; trying to figure out why this mission was really so important. After a while, I quit worrying about it. This was really was almost like a break, and a needed one. There has been a lot of protest towards the princesses over the past few weeks, and it was nice to get away from it all. Maybe by the time I get back everyone would be over it, and I could go back to my regular duties.

The moon had now reached its highest point in the dark cloudless sky. I had always liked the moon; it always looked so peaceful. I would think about the night my father came home when I was a small foal, explaining what had happened. Celestia’s sister, Nightmare Moon, came down to evoke eternal night onto the ponies of Equestria. A group of six ponies had wielded the Elements of Armory to defeat the evil Nightmare Moon. Father would talk on and on about actually seeing these heroes.

“Son,” he would say in his scruffy voice. “One day, I only hope you can see such young ponies that bring so much hope. It makes your whole military career worth it.”

Thinking of father reminded me of how much I missed him. I needed to keep my head clear, so I focused on where I was at. Not much to look at, just rolling hills of sand. After another 10 minutes of flying, I finally spotted lights on the horizon. As I neared it, I realized how small of a town this really was. There couldn’t have been more than a couple of hundred ponies living here. I looked around for the one house with a white chimney. Seeing how every other house looked the same as the last; all a light tan color with brown roofs and chimneys, it was not hard to find the right house.

I swooped down, landing in front of the door. I looked up and down the street to make sure there was no around. I turned back, and gave three solid knocks on the wooden door, paused, and gave two more. This was what I was told to do to signal to the ones inside it’s me. I heard the sound of a lock being turned, and then silence. I turned the handle on the door. It felt unusually cold. The door almost opened without me even pushing it, and I walked in.

It was dark, no lights were on. I used my rear hoof to close the door behind me. Still, no one turned on a light. I listened very carefully. I could hear ponies breathing, I wasn’t sure how many, but I could make out at least 3 different ones. I took a step forward, and opened my mouth to speak. A light came on the moment I placed my foot down. I winced, and closed my eyes. The light was blinding! Before I could reopen them, I was flung to the floor. I grabbed the back of my head, an extreme pain emerging. I felt more blows to my sides while something cold was plunged into my neck. I could feel a liquid entering my blood stream. I knew what was happening, an ambush! They were drugging me, and I struggled to stay awake. I could no longer feel the pain in the back of my head, or the blows being dealt to my sides. My limbs felt heavier and heavier as I tried to move them to get up. Right before I blacked out, I heard a voice. It was a heartless voice, one that belonged to pony who knew no good.

“Take him below”


I awoke, sweaty and still tired. I felt extremely hot, and slipped out of my robe while I stretched. I looked down at my hooves and found light brown hairs on my legs. I examined them, unable to understand how they could have grown back so much. They weren’t full, but they were a good length. I looked over at my flank and back legs, to find the same thing. They had grown almost a week’s length just overnight. It didn’t make any sense. I trotted over to the mirror, and looked over my whole body. Other then the metal wings on my back and my black eye, I looked fairly normal. I looked at my cutie mark; ashamed that I had actually forgot what it looked like before. I felt a little better by seeing those binoculars on my side. I was happier that it also wasn’t turned to metal. I must have awoken Lux with my movements; he was slowly lifting himself off the ground. I walked over to him with a smile. He looked at me, and I lost that smile. He looked worse than he did yesterday. His eyes were paler, and his movements were slower. He said nothing to me, and I said nothing to him. I could hear him breathing, and he sounded wrong, almost old. I finally decided to break the silence.

“How much bread do we have?”

He glanced at his pouch, which was lying on the couch next to him. “There is still that half piece, and that’s it.”

“Do we have money for more?”

“The only money I had was what I stole, which was only enough for one loaf.”

I flinched at the word, stole. I know he did what he had to, but it was still a habit to look down at it. “Do you still think you will be able to…steal… some more?”

“I doubt it” He replied. “I only got lucky the first time.”

He turned around, and walked towards the door. I was able to get a glimpse of his side that I could not see earlier, and gasped. He stopped walking and turned to look at me.

“Lux, I need you to be still for a second.” I said, speaking gingerly.

“What?” He asked, confused.

I walked over to his side, and stared in disgust. There, on his hip, was a huge sickly looking bubble. It didn’t stick out much, it more of just replaced the skin. The area was almost the size of my cutie mark, and seemed to be filled with some kind of brown yellowish liquid. Lux looked over and saw what I was staring at, and began to panic. His breathing became very heavy, and he was having a hard time keeping his balance.

“Lux, I need you to relax. We don’t want you falling on it!” I quickly warned.

“Relax? How am I supposed to relax?” He yelled in between breaths.

“Look” I hastily responded. “I need you to sit down and then work on your breathing.”

He did as I said. While he was sitting, I inspected the cyst. It must have just grown overnight. I couldn’t tell how deep it was, but it apparently didn’t hurt him any. The liquid inside seemed to swirl around on its own. He was finally able to relax himself some.

“Legion, what is it?” He sounded like he was just a foal, afraid and unsure.

“I…I really don’t know. It almost looks like some kind of infection.” I looked over the rest of his body, and found a very bad sign. Every spot where patches of hair had been shaved off, small similar looking cyst were forming in the middle. They were on every spot, some bigger than others, but not as big as the one on his hip. I choose not to tell him about these.

“Maybe there is an antidote?” Lux asked, looking for any hope.

I looked at him, unable to tell him there probably wasn’t.

“If there is… it would be down in the facility.” I told him, almost afraid to bring up that possibility.

He looked away from me. I knew he was waiting for me to make a decision. I sighed.

“I’ll go down.” I said with a sigh. It was the least I owed him.

He continued to frown while he looked at me. “I’m going with you.” His voice was quite.

“No you’re not!” I said, with a stern voice. “You need to move as little as possible.”

“I refuse to leave you down there alone, and plus, you will need the key to the security office. I still have it, and you can be sure I’m not giving it to you.” He responded, just as stern.

I thought about it for a second, and grew angry that he wouldn’t listen to me.

“Fine!” I spat out. “But if something happens to you, it’s not my fault!”

He sat up, and walked over to a book case that was half full of books. Without saying a word, he started to pull out the books, one by one.

“Now what are you doing?” I loudly asked.

“There has to be some kind of switch to open the elevator, and something tells me it will be hidden.” He replied, speaking softer.

He made a good point. I said nothing back, and joined him in his search. I walked around the whole house, moving all the items that could be moved; Paintings, pots, and even chairs. After searching for almost half an hour, I finally found it. It was the family picture of the ponies on the end table by the door. All I had to do was tilt it back, and a small click could be heard. The picture returned to its original spot, and the floor separated. While waiting for the elevator, I started to think about that picture. Was that a real family? Had they actually lived in this house, and then taken away, possibly even down below?

We stood on the edge of the elevator, not yet ready to step on the shinny white floor. We looked at each other. Lux had his pouch back on, and was positioned on his side without the cyst. He pulled out the half loaf, and split it, giving me one half. I nodded to show my thanks, and ate the bread while staring at the floor. The bread felt like it disappeared too fast, leaving me no other choice then to step onto the elevator. Lux stepped with me, our hooves making clanks with each step. Once we were both on, I turned to the platform that rose from the ground. I made no hesitation to hit the button, for I feared I wouldn’t if I waited. The light above us turned off, and we were submerged in darkness. I felt myself slowly moving.

Down we went under the innocent house.

Down we went under the ground.

Down we went to Hell.

Comments ( 6 )

evil lab, pus filled spots, mutilated changelings. what kind of equestrian are you running here?:rainbowhuh:
still likening it though

2283484 One that lives and thrives in the deepest pits of my mind.
One that should never see the light.
One that can change all of equestrian history.
One that questions trust and loyalty.
OR
Just something I made up because I got bored. Take your pick. :raritywink:

2288862

One that lives and thrives in the deepest pits of my mind.

I like this one I think. Reminds me of my fic. :pinkiecrazy:
One thing though, the Title should be Legion - An Unforgettable tale, not A unforgettable tale. Just sayin'

2289220 How did I not notice that yet? Thank you! I will change it immediately. And, ill give your fanfic a try tonight :pinkiesmile:

2289524
Thanks. Keep up the story though, its really well paced, which is rare in a lot of stories.

Any updates pending?

Login or register to comment