• Published 21st Jan 2013
  • 575 Views, 13 Comments

Legion-An Unforgettable Tale - c1charge



Waking up in a white room, Legion finds he has no memory left of anything. Only by working with others can he uncover the mysteries of his past and learn that even the one's you trust the most can betray you.

  • ...
 13
 575

Chapter 2

I investigated the silver rectangle farther. I found a thin line running down the middle of it, and a small grey button about the size of my hoof to the right of the door. I stepped slowly to the right, and centered myself to the button. I didn’t trust myself enough to balance on three legs, so I slowly moved my nose closer to the button. My face finally found the button, and it felt cold against my nose. It took almost no force to push it in, and as soon as I couldn’t push it in any farther, I withdrew my head. I stood there, expecting something to happen. At first, nothing did. Suddenly, there was a loud, monotone, buzzing sound, followed by a computerized female voice.

“Door 105 locked, security code 2B.” said the voice. After a short pause, it continued with, “Security override required.”

Following the message was the same monotone buzz, and then silence. I pressed the button again, only for it to repeat everything. I at least knew it was a door, it just won’t open. Perfect. Figuring I have some time to waste, I turned around. There, in the middle of the room was a shinny, metallic table. I walked over to it to get a better look. It looked almost like a surgery table. It was spotless, had skinny table legs that were bolted to the floor, and a rack in between the floor and the bottom of the table. What was I doing on this? Why am I even here? Just then, there was that buzzing sound again, followed by the female voice.

“Security override accepted, unlocking door 105.”

As expected, there was the buzz again. I waited for the silence, and turned towards the door. It was still closed, and still looked the same. I moved my eyes to the button, and made my way towards it. As soon as I got in reach of it, and without thinking, I moved my hoof up to press the button. Without any delay, the door opened as I pressed the button. It made no sound opening, and split at the small line in the middle, and the two sides pulled apart into the wall. Cautiously, I peeked my head out of the door. First, I looked to the right, only to find a hallway that was pitch black. Then I switched to the left. I found this direction had a white hallway with light running down most it. Farther down the hallway, the light stopped, and was replaced with darkness like the other direction. I decided to go left, and follow what little light I had. I was a fairly long hallway, with a few doors similar to mine here and there. There were no buttons on the outside to open them, which seemed quite odd.

As I neared the darkness, I stopped. Should I go through it? Figured I didn’t have much of a choice, and I stepped closer. But then, I saw this dark hallway to my left, and another lit one to my right, which eventually was replaced by more darkness. I made my way down that hallway, which looked eerily similar to the other one, and found another lit hallway going off to the left this time. It almost seemed purposeful. This hallway was different though, it had some kind of lump next to the wall halfway down it. As I came closer to this lump, and stopped dead in my tracts. I felt the blood run from my face, and my heart speeding up.

It was a dead earth pony. He was wearing white clothing similar to mine. The only fur I saw on him was what on his head. He had soft brown fur, and not much of a mane. It was short, neatly combed dark brown mane, that didn’t even reach the back of his neck. I shifted my eyes towards his cloths, and found a small red stain on his gown around his neck. I moved my head closer to his to get a better look, and then slowly lifted his head. Now that his head was no longer leaning down, I saw what killed him. He had what seemed to be a perfect, straight cut across his neck. I quickly dropped his head, took a couple fast steps back, and quickly spun around.

There was nothing there, so I spun back the other way again. Still, nothing was there. But I was worried now. All I could think was what killed him, and was it still here? I began to panic, knowing if whoever, or whatever killed him found me, I wouldn’t stand a chance. I was still weak and disoriented, and would be an easy target. So, I found myself walking as fast as I could down these hallways, each one looking the same as the last, some having more dead earth ponies in it than others. All of these ponies were killed the same way, wore similar clothing, and had the same mane styles. The only differences were the color of their fur. Some were white, brown, gray, and even a few dark blues. This made me wonder about my fur color, I couldn’t remember what It was, and haven’t had a chance to really see myself. I looked behind me, and then quickly stopped. I stretched my right leg out far enough for the white sleeve to roll up some. I gave my leg a quick glance, looked behind me, and kept walking. I didn’t want to think about what I saw until I was moving.

I didn’t have any hair. I saw peach colored skin, with little dark specs from newly grown hair. Why was my body shaved? None of this made any sense. I got so off tract thinking about this, I didn’t even realize I had walked a few feet into an unlit hallway. I stopped, and listened. Slowly and quietly, I let out small breaths. I turned my head around, and judged how many steps to get back to the light. Turning my head back in front of me, I took one step backwards, turned my head behind me, looked back in front of me, and took another step back. I repeated this process for almost 10 steps. Once out, I turned back to the direction of the lit hallway, and started walking fast, very fast.

I went down a few more hallways faster than before, and came into a big circular room. It had about 4 other hallways jutting off from it, none of which were lit up. Along the walls were a few benches with fuzzy red cushions. To my right was what appeared to be a window into an unlit room, but no door I could see to get in. Across from the window were some silver railings, which each started at a point where the curved wall ended, and moved toward the other railing, leaving a gap only big enough for two ponies to get between them. I stepped towards them, looking down each hallway every other step. I finally reached the gap. There was another room here. It was round, had no hallways leading away from it, and had no ceiling. The walls just kept going up, with large tracts going up them. I looked back down, and saw a platform rising from the floor with a button on it. I walked over to it, and looked back to the room with the window. I pressed the button, and heard a buzz.

“Departing” said the computerized female voice, “Goodbye.”

The floor began to rise, which took me by surprise, and almost caused me to lose my balance. Once I regained myself, I looked back at the room with the window as the gap from the rising floor and ceiling of that room got smaller. I looked to the middle of the room, and saw something that wasn’t there before. There seemed to be a body right in the middle of the room. But it wasn’t lying on the ground it was standing there, facing me. The gap closed, leaving me nothing more to look at than the wall sinking under me.