• Published 20th Jan 2013
  • 2,025 Views, 78 Comments

Life,Death,and Rebirth - Shadow-Dancer



A mans journey to recovery, self discovery, and of things long hidden

  • ...
26
 78
 2,025

Chapter 1: Were The F**k am i

Chapter 1: Where the F**k am I

Twilight Sparkle’s POV

It was a nice crisp night the moon cast a beautiful glow on equestria it as if a blanket covered equestria and beckoned all the ponies and animals to sleep and rest to prepare for Celestia’s morning sun. I personally liked the night, at night the land was quiet and peaceful, all in a temporary hibernation.

As I was stargazing looking for any new consolations that Luna may have put up tonight, I saw what looked like a comet coming out of the sky. No wait that wasn't a comet it was a meteor, I thought to myself as I watched it fall I noticed it was falling towards the area where we found the elements of harmony about a year back.

It was also shaped like a pony could fit inside it. When it disappeared behind the everfree forest I heard a loud *BOOM* that shook the ground violently, I’ll ask my friends to come and check it out with me tomorrow, I thought to myself. So I finally decided to sleep.

Marcus’s POV
Around the same time

People say death is the end but sometimes I think it is only the beginning of a new chapter of life, and I swear that God wanted to prove just that. When I opened my eyes (yes somehow I still could feel that I had eyes) I seen myself falling into a area surrounded by a forest and it had what looked like an abandoned castle in the middle of the clearing. I landed a few feet away from the castle and heard a loud *BOOM* after that I was knocked out.

Twilight Sparkle’s POV

About eight hours later I woke up from a dream that there was a bipedal creature in the meteor. The Biped had four long limbs the two connected to either side of what probably was a chest on the two limbs there was something that resembled spikes clawed hands. Unlike the hands that spike had the “claws” on the bipedal were not sharp.

I also noticed the Biped had some oddly colored clothing that covered almost the whole body. It also had what appeared to be two legs, on the bottom of the legs were not hooves like ponies had the again resembled feet like what spike has. I also noticed that on top of the chest of the creature was a relatively short neck and a head shaped like a small oval, its ears were on the side of the head and on the surface was what looked like a mouth, nose, and two eyes that were closed. On the top of his head he had what seemed like a small brown mane? The dream ended when the creature’s eyes opened.

I sat for a few minutes before getting up to ponder what I saw the creature did not seem native to any place on this planet, at least not that I have heard of. I get up to go and get the others. So we can investigate what that meteor is and so I can figure out what the meteorite has to do with my dream.

Spike sees me about to walk out the door and asks, “What are you doing Twilight?”

“I’m going to get the girls and see if they want to investigate that meteor that crashed last night.” I replied.

Spike took a moment to think and said, “You heard that bang as well?”

Twilight walked towards spike and said’ “Yes I was stargazing when I saw a meteorite falling towards the old castle ruins.”

Spikes face reveling his surprise as he responded, “Wow that will be some creepy trip.” I nodded in agreement and said, “The first time was creepy indeed”

“Well spike I better be going so we can leave before dark” I said. I opened the door and walked outside, I went to all my friends and they were too busy to go or did not want to go. So I went back to the library and gathered supplies for the one day journey. By the time I was ready it was dark so I decided to sleep and leave tomorrow morning.

Marcus’s POV
Five hours after landing

I woke up feeling a bit drowsy and my head hurt, ignoring the slight pain I got up and went to explore the castle. When inside I noted how restively good shape the castle was in. Interestingly enough there were 6 pedestals when I went up the stairs to the second floor.

I decided that it would be best to settle here on the second floor of this castle so I can make sure that almost nothing can get to me. I should go hunting after I make a weapon and than if I can make a bed I thought to myself. I went down stairs and outside to the meteor I was in and see a jagged shard of the meteor’s stone Well step one getting a weapon is finished now time to hunt or trap and find some water, I thought.

I start on making traps to catch any animals, during that I also set markers for were the traps are so I don’t trap myself. During my way back to the ruins I find some stream. Nice now I have water, I think to myself. I later kill some water predators that look somewhat like eels.

I still don’t truly know where the fuck I am, all I know is I am near some ruins and that is surrounded by a forest of some crazy nature. To top it all off this place looks like if I take a bad step ill die, I don’t even know what that weird blue flower like plant is best not to touch it any way. The only thing I know is this is not earth. If I find a local i'll have to ask where the hell I am, I thought. I gathered some wood and made my way to the ruins.

Once I was at the ruins I built a fire by using one of the torches on the wall to light the wood. I skinned the eel like creature and put it over the fire. Once that was done I ate my meal it tasted somewhat like some turtle I ate back on earth with my family. The memories that my family was dead pained me the fact that I would never see my family or friends again brought tears to my eyes. It was getting dark so I got on my makeshift cot I made and drifted to sleep

Twilight Sparkle’s POV

As I made my way to the ruins I had to hide from Manticores, Hydra and other animals which slowed me down more than what I would have liked. But I eventually had the ruins in sight and next to the ruins was a big broken hollow rock with a black glint to it. Usually meteors are not hollow, so why would this one be,I thought.

I trotted forward than just before I stepped forward I saw some type of trap. I was lucky that I noticed it poking out of the leaves or I would have got caught by it. Wait a minute since when did the inhabitants of the forest used traps to catch prey, this is weird first the hollow meteorite than somepony or something placing traps!, I thought

I went further towards the ruins dodging the traps when I was in the clearing about a few feet away from the ruins I smelled a weird scent smelled like something was burning. The smell came from the ruins. I went to the source of the smell and there I saw the corpses of sea snakes.

When I looked up I saw the Biped from my dreams. “Well I found out three things one that this bipedal eats meat, two that the said bipedal is intelligent due to it being able to make a trap to catch prey and three that the meteor and my dream was connected,” I whispered to myself.

I also noticed this was the room where the elements once were before the nightmare moon incident. There were six pedestals for some reason even though they were never there before. I will have to ask the princesses about this occurrence. Does it have anything to do with the creature’s sudden appearance here? I continue to ask myself. I was tired so I found a dark corner so I could stay hidden. I laid down and eventually drifted off to sleep.