• Published 8th Jan 2013
  • 8,348 Views, 135 Comments

The Queen's New World - Moon_Skritch



After being sent out of Equestria Chrysalis is sent to a new world and meets a strange creature.

  • ...
19
 135
 8,348

Chapter 7: Discovered

Thanks to Selkowitz for editing!

Chapter 7

Discovered


A week has passed and no luck. They still haven’t found them. Chrysalis sighs and hides her face in her hooves. All the while, Claude is holding her, hoping to make her feel better. Tim is sitting in a chair from the kitchen across from them.

“It’s my fault. I should have helped them,” Chrysalis wept.

“No, it’s not your fault. They decided to leave on their own. They weren’t accepting to your change of heart,” Claude said, trying to be more reassuring.

“B-But it was m-my fault from the start. If I-I never attacked C-Canterlot, my whole race could still be al-live.” A tear falls from her cheek. She sobs louder. “I-It’s all my fault.”

“If you never had that plan, we never would have met. You changed my life Chrysalis. I don’t care what it takes, I want to be with you.” Claude smiles and holds her tighter. “I love you. Don’t worry I will help you no matter what it takes.”

She moves her hooves away and turns her head to him and clears her throat. “I-I love you too. Thank you.” she snuggles into him.

All the while this is happening, Tim sits there pondering life. He coughs and turns the chair around to the television, which has been turned on as background noise.

Claude and Chrysalis turn their heads in his direction and chuckle softly. “I think we were too mushy for his liking.” Chrysalis whispers. Claude laughs.

“You do know I can hear you.” Tim says, not looking at them, he flips through the channels. “Wow you have crap TV...”

“I don’t really watch it too much. I usually would just lay in my room and think about life. Until recently that is.”

“So you two hungry?” Tim asks, turning off the TV.

“Not really, but I could eat.” Claude shrugs.

Chrysalis looks at Tim, and chuckles softly.

Tim looks at her and remembers. “Oh, that’s right, you don’t eat normal food.”

“Well I can, but it won’t do anything for me. It’s usually for appearances, so I don’t look odd being the only one not eating anything all the time. So others don’t suspect that I am not normal.”

“Not normal is right,” Tim says quietly. Chrysalis glares at him, and he chuckles. “Jokes, jokes.”

“How about burgers, guys?” Claude suggests.

“Sure sounds good.” Tim nods.

“Um… I don’t really like meat too much…” she tells them. But they don’t hear her.

------

The whole way there, Chrysalis stares out the window hoping to spot her subjects flying by, she sighs and looks away from the window and leans into Claude. “Don’t worry, Chrissy, we are bound to see them again soon.” he says as he wraps his arm around her and hugs her close. She smiles and closes her eyes.

The car comes to a stop, Chrysalis opens her eyes and leans up. “Whoa we arrived here pretty quickly. Did I fall asleep?”

Claude smiles, “Yeah, it’s funny, I didn’t know you fell asleep til I started hearing you snore softly.”

“I don’t snore.” Chrysalis scoffed.

Tim laughs, “At first I thought it was something with the car, but apparently, it was your snoring.”

She glares at him and repeats with more emphasis, “I. Don’t. Snore.”

Claude laughs, “Don’t worry about it Chrys, I snore too. My parents used to tell me I did, but I never believed it at the time…” he pauses for a second. “A-anyway, let’s get some food.”

They get out of the car and head into the restaurant. The place is packed full of people, and the aroma coming from the kitchen fills their nostrils. Chrysalis crinkles her nose a bit at it. Claude looks over and sees her expression, “Something the matter?” he asks.

“Meat,” is all she says.

“Oh that’s right, you don’t like meat. They do have salads and other vegetarian friendly foods.” Claude says.

Tim whips around, “You don’t eat meat?!” he says a little too loudly, causing the restaurant to quiet down as the patrons direct their attention to the outburst. He stands there for a moment in the same position he was in, he stands up straight and clears his throat. “Uh. Yeah.”

Not a second later, people go back to their meals and conversations. “What do you mean you don’t eat meat? I saw those fangs you had,” he whispers.

“The fangs are for if we ever get into a battle. It’s a pretty decent weapon, though I haven’t had any need of using them, yet.” She glares daggers at Tim. “In Equestria-”

“Equestria?” he asks interrupting her.

“Dude, come on, let her finish…” Claude says, getting annoyed with Tim’s random outbursts.

“Sorry.”

Chrysalis starts to continue, but a waitress comes up to them, “Hi, welcome to Celestial Diner. How many in your party?” she asks sounding cheery, but you can hear how bored she is. At first Chrysalis thought the girl said “Celestia” for a second, but she realized what she said and shook off the feeling.

“Three.” Tim says turning around to the girl.

“Alright, follow me.”

Chrysalis looks around the restaurant noticing lots of pictures of the night sky, certain stars brighter than others. Closer inspection shows a brass bar with the name of the constellation written in. She notices how these constellations have a lot in common with the ones in Equestria.

“Come on Chrissy,” Claude says. Chrysalis turns away from the picture and quickly walks up to her love. The waitress takes them to a table close to the bar where people sit on stools, with a drunken haze about them. As they sit down, Chrysalis looks up at a television hanging from the wall. On it shows other humans running back and forth on a green field in weird uniforms. Then out of nowhere the people start screaming at the television, scaring her half to death.

“Chrys?” Claude waves a hand in front of her, snapping her attention away from the people.

“Hmm? What?” she says.

The waitress looks at her, kind of annoyed but still having a slight smile on her face. “What would you like to drink?”

“Uh…” She has no idea what humans drink. “What do you have?”

“We have Coca-Cola products.”

That helps… She sighs. “Just water, please.”

The waitress shrugs, writes it down, and gets everyone elses’ drink order and walks off. Tim and Claude hold up their menu.

Chrysalis looks back over at the bar and at the people watching the television intently. She smiles and glances at the people on the screen and picks up her menu.

It’s quiet for a second, then the bar patrons start to get mad. “Hey, what’s with the jokes, barkeep! We just missed a great play!” She looks back over and sees that the channel has changed and her face drops.

The bartender, who is holding the remote says, “You gotta see this though. Some dude just found some strange bug looking things in the park. I saw it on the news this morning.”

“But that play! We won’t know if he made it or not!” an older looking man wearing a cap and beard yells, slamming his fist onto the bar.

“Guys, check this out!” another patron closer to the TV says. The screen shows a dozen black figures frantically trying to get out of the tree and away from the camera, blue eyes shining in the early morning sunlight. One of them chitters, and the ones that were still asleep wake up. They each start to buzz their wings and fly away from the man filming them, heading toward the rising sun.

“Claude,” Chrysalis says quietly, in a panicky voice.

“Hm?” he says not looking away from the menu.

Tim looks up, and his face freezes. In a level voice, he says, “At least we know where the changelings are now.”

Claude looks around in confusion.“What? How?”

“The TV!” Chrysalis points out, nearly yelling.

He and Tim put down their menus and look at the TV in question. They see the video of the changelings hastily running away from the camera again. Claude quickly gets up and rushes to the TV to hear what they are saying. Chrysalis and Tim get up and follow.

“The creatures in the park appeared to be bug like,” the woman on the screen said with a small picture to her right showing a still image of the changelings running away. Chrysalis frowns at the mention of her kind looking like bugs.

The small picture on the right fades and another woman appears with a man holding a camera. It zooms in on them and the woman speaks up. “Here, with me, is the man responsible for the video you just saw.” She turns to the man. “So these creatures, what do you think they are?”

“I have no clue. All I know is when I took my daily walk in the park, I looked up in this tree behind me and saw these strange black things moving in it. My first thought was a bird, but then I realized it was too big to be a bird. I grabbed my camera, hoping to catch a snapshot or two, but the rustling in my bag must have awoken them and they started to open their eyes. I knew right away they would run off, so I decided to get the camera quickly and video it. You might not have noticed in the video but they seemed to look a bit like a bug-like horse.”

Out of nowhere, this man in black with sunglasses walks into the shot and says, “Alright, turn off the cameras. This is now official government business. Sir, I need you to follow me.” The man looks at the camera once more, speaking sternly, “Turn off the camera! I will not ask again.” The tape then cuts off and everyone is left speechless.


The light of early morning illuminates the park, and the sound of footsteps can be heard clacking on the stone walk. The changelings stir a bit in their sleep, a soft snore escapes from Asura. He fidgets slightly, making his wings buzz.

The footsteps get louder and closer to the tree they sleep in. The steps decreases a bit and stops.

“What the…” the unknown passerby mumbles. The man set his bag down on the ground, making a soft thump sound. He unzips the bag and starts to rummage around for something.

Xena’s eyes open suddenly at the sound. She quickly looks over and sees the human fumbling in his bag. She clicks out to everyone in the changeling language. The human looks up quickly from his bag at the sound and pulls out a strange device. Xena chitters loudly to the others.

Wake up! Wake up! We have been spotted! Xena jumps from her branch, taking flight.

Doppel fidgets a bit as the others jolt up from their slumber.

Five more minutes…” Doppel mumbles into his branch, still asleep.

Xena groans and rushes over to Doppel. “Do you want to get captured by these humans?! GET YOUR CHANGELING BUTT UP RIGHT NOW!

He shakes his head swiftly just as the human walks closer, pointing the device in their direction.

In a panic, he yells to the group, “We need to get out of here… NOW!” His wings buzz as he takes off toward one of the buildings, and the rest of the group follows after him.

Xena looks back at the human as she flies off. The human stands there, holding the device pointing it at them.

They reach the roof, and Asura peeks over the wall, looking toward the park. “He’s leaving, so we need not worry about him anymore,” he says without using the changeling chitter.

Doppel looks over the side as well. “I wonder what that thing was he had.”

“I don’t know, but I think we need to get away from here,” Xena pipes up. I have a funny feeling about this area. She looks around the area, something on the floor catches her eye. Interesting. Why is the letter H up here.

“Away from what? I think we are pretty safe here,” Arcelia says as he stands close to his sister, Malwyn.

“Uh… do any of you know what this is?” Xena says pointing at the letter on the ground.

“The letter H, duh,” Trance says, sticking his tongue out.

Before Xena can retort, a whirring sound stops her.

They all look to the sound as it progressively gets louder and see a helicopter getting closer to their location. “What is that!?”

“I have no idea, but I think that human had backup!” Malwyn yells

“Oh, I highly doubt th-” The helicopter hovers right above them and starts to descend. “SCATTER!” Doppel yells.

Xena watches as the others buzz off toward another rooftop. Something is making her want to stick around and watch. “Come on, Xena!” Doppel yells.

“You go on ahead! I’m gonna stick around and watch what happens,” she yells over the whirring of the blades.

“Then I will stay with you!” Doppel lands next to her. “Behind here! No one will see us.” They dive behind an air conditioning unit and watch as the helicopter lands on the roof. The doors open and two humans walk out wearing black suits, a pair of sunglasses, and a cord leading from their ear to a small device on their suit. “Who are these humans? They look very important,” Doppel says to Xena.

Another human runs out after them. “I’m telling you guys, I saw them! The changelings are real! Why do I have to come here?!” he whines. Xena almost yelps at the mention of their race.

“How does he know about us?!” Doppel almost shouts.

“Yes, yes, Mr. Johnson, we’ve seen your photos on the internet. The reason you are with us is you seem be the only person who knows the most about these creatures and have clear photographs that aren’t blurry. People have been seeing these creatures everywhere.”

“I just want to go home and forget this ever happened. All I did was take some pictures.”

The darker haired man in the suit sighs. “These ‘changelings’, as you call them, may be a danger to the city. You did say you saw them downtown when that couple collapsed.”

The chopper blades die to a stop and everything is quiet again for a moment. “I saw the changelings do it! I saw them in the alleyway behind those poor people. They looked like they were trying to suck the life force out of them.

Doppel’s brow furrows at that. “We do not suck the life force from others…” Xena pokes him, telling him to be quiet.

“Why should we even believe you… this sounds like something a madman would say.” The other suited man says.

“How else would you explain those people just all of a sudden passing out. There has been other times it’s happened too.”

Doppel and Xena look at each other. “Other times? But we’ve only done it once… unless some of the others went off while we were asleep last night.”

“Uh.. Doppel. I think I’m going to sneeze.”

“No, Xena! We’ll get caught.”

“I’ll try to hold it in.”

“Let’s go, Mr. Johnson. We may need more info on this from you.”

Mr. Johnson sighs. “Alright. Hopefully whatever inf-” A small sneeze cuts him off. “What was that?”

Doppel covers her mouth with his hoof. “Stop!”

She sneezes again.

“It’s coming from over there sir.” The three men start to walk to the air conditioning unit.

Xena stops sneezing and she nods to Doppel and both of their horns light up and slowly they become invisible.

“Did you see that green glow!?” Mr. Johnson yells. “It’s them!” They quicken their pace to the other side of the unit. Just to see the green glow disappear.

“Where’d they go? Nothing can just disappear like that.” The dark haired man says.

“Mr. Johnson, didn’t you say they could turn invisible?”

“Yeah! I saw them do it when the people collapsed!”

Oh no… Don’t walk closer… Don’t walk closer… Xena and Doppel start to panic, which is starting to break their concentration on the spell.

The dark haired one holds out one of his hands and starts to move closer to them. Just as he is about to touch Doppel, Xena shoots forward and bites the man’s hand. “Ow! Son of a bitch bit me!” he screams.

“Whoa, are you bleeding?”

“What does that show ya” he holds his hand up. Two holes, blood pouring out from both. He reaches for his side and pulls out a pistol. “I know you’re there! Just show yourself, and I will consider not shooting you here now!”

“I’ll show you something alright!” Xena yells and jumps at the guy, uncloaking herself. She punches the guy, breaking his glasses and knocking him out.

“Stop! I will shoot!” The other man yells. He presses a button on the device on his suit. “I’m gonna need some backup; those creatures that people have seen are real… and they just bit Tom.”

Xena gets off of Tom. “You don’t know anything about us. Stop making assumptions.”

“Xena, Lets go! We don’t have time for this! We need to get back to the others!” Doppel yells.

“So your name is Xena, and you can speak English? Oh, this is grand,” The unnamed man says.

“Just go Doppel! I’ll deal with this guy!” She starts to charge at the human.

“That’s right. Come closer…” The man pulls his pistol up.

Just as Xena starts to charge more humans storm from a small building on the roof, all pointing their guns at her. She stops dead in her tracks. “Go, Doppel! Don’t worry about me!”

Doppel looks over at her, still invisible. “But I do worry, I care about you…” He sighs and buzzes off away from the roof, leaving Xena to the mercy of the men.

I care about you too Doppel.

“Zap it!” someone yells, then everything goes black for Xena as she falls to the ground.

Doppel uncloaks himself and flies to the rooftop with the others. Tears fall from his eyes. “We need to find Queen Chrysalis. Right now.”

[End of Chapter 7]

Author's Note:

100 LIKES! WHOAAA!!!! I am so happy! THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE! You have no idea how much this inspires me to continue this. Thanks so much! *hugs everyone*

/)

I will continue this No doubt!