• Published 8th Jan 2013
  • 8,348 Views, 135 Comments

The Queen's New World - Moon_Skritch



After being sent out of Equestria Chrysalis is sent to a new world and meets a strange creature.

  • ...
19
 135
 8,348

Chapter 3: Learning More

Chapter 3
Learning More
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Claude

Claude shifts around in his sleep, dreaming of the dark figure standing before him, it talks to him in that strangely familiar voice. “You need not fear me Claude, I will help you.” It says to him.

“Why do you help me?” He asks the dream figure.

“Do not worry about that; just know that I will help you.” It’s eyes glow at him and he sees it smile at him and fade.

He awakes as the sunlight comes through his window onto his face. He rubs his eyes to get the gunk off of them and sits up. The dark figure still is in his mind, he shakes his head swiftly, making his hair whip around. He realizes how quiet it really is in his house when all of a sudden he hears a knock at the front door. He looks at his alarm clock, seven thirty. Sighing, he gets out of his bed, still in the clothes from the day before, and walks down the hall, through the living room, and up to the door.

Opening the door slightly to look out, he sees a familiar girl standing on the other side. “Hey Claude.” the girl says smiling a bit.

“Oh, Hey Chrissy!” Claude says, excited to see that she is okay. Though he realizes something, how does she know where he lives? But he decides not to ask.

“I want to apologize for last night, I don’t really know what happened, I just started to feel strange and I had to go.” She says.

“Hey, it’s no problem, I am glad you are okay though.” He smiles. “Wanna come inside?” he opens the door more.

“Sure.” She walks inside and smiles. Claude can’t seem to get over how beautiful she looks. Her hair, her figure, just everything about her is… perfect. He watches as Chrissy examines the room, he doesn’t mind though it gives him time to think of what to say to her, since he isn’t really good at talking to girls, even though he is comfortable around her.

Chrissy then walks up to the mantle where the family photo sits. She looks at it closely, “Is this you?” She asks.

Claude walks up next to her looking at the picture also and sighs, “Yeah, that’s me, a few months ago in fact.”

“Who are they?” She asks, pointing to Claude’s parents.

“I had a feeling you would ask… th-they are my parents…” He pauses a moment, trying to not let emotions take him over. “They died recently… a few weeks after that photo was taken actually…” He looks down and his eyes start to water. “Give me a sec…” He says as he walks over to the couch and sits down putting his face in his hands.

Chrissy goes over to the couch and sits next to him, “I’m sorry that they are gone…” She says, putting her arm around him. She pulls him into her, giving him a hug.

Claude lets his emotions overtake him and the tears start pouring out and he starts to sob. He leans into Chrissy, “I’m sorry that you have to see me like this…” He says in between sobs.

Chrissy hugs him a little tighter. Claude is absolutely sure now; Chrissy is the girl he loves. After a few minutes he stops crying. Chrissy lets go of him and he sits up with a sigh. “Feel better?” Chrissy asks.

"Yeah, much better thanks..." he says with a smile. He hopes that she doesn't think of him any different. "You are really awesome you know that?" He gives her a quick hug.

She hugs him back, "I'm not that special Claude..." she says.

"You are to me." He hugs her a bit tighter. After a minute of hugging a sound breaks them apart. They both start to laugh a bit, "Stomach, why do you have to ruin good moments..."

"Are you hungry?" He asks her. She is silent for a moment then nods."Alrighty, I'll go make some eggs and toast wait here." He gets up and goes into the kitchen and starts up breakfast.

As he is preparing the food he is thinking about Chrissy, and how much he has fallen for her over the past few days. He starts to think he is going into the relationship too fast, but Chrissy doesn't seem to mind.

Just then he hears a sound at the table. Looking over, he sees Chrissy sitting there, "You okay?" He asks her. She nods, "Yeah, the smell brought me in here, smells really good."

"Well, good thing you are in here, cause they are done." He says, dipping eggs from the pan onto plates. He puts the plates on the table with some silverware. He then gets them some milk and places it on the table.

As they eat Claude asks, "So, how long have you been around here?"

"A couple of days ago." She says taking a bite of egg.

"Where'd you mo-" he starts to ask but remembers from the party, she doesn't want to talk about that.

She sighs, "If I told you, you would think i was insane or something."

"Try me." Claude is really interested in Chrissy. He's not sure why though, it is just that there is something about her he finds
interesting, which he is why he really likes her. He has always liked mysterious girls, he likes meeting new people, but he never talked to them. He has also noticed that he is more comfortable around her.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I find you very interesting." He says, and smiles a little.

Chrissy sighs once more, "Actually, how about I show you something first, but not right now, I want to show you at night. I will be more comfortable then."

Claude nods, "Alright, as long as you don't turn into some strange creature and try to kill me or something." He says, chuckling.

"I would never hurt you Claude. I don't hurt anyone I like, especially ones I really like." She says and hides her face in her teal hair to hide the blush. It takes Claude a moment to realize what she just said, he thinks she just said she liked him, and he thinks it's that way too.

“You like me?” He asks, to see if thoughts are correct.

Chrissy stays silent for a moment then nods her head slightly. “I- is that bad?” she asks kind of worried.

“No, it’s just no one has ever liked me that way before… Most of everyone just ignores me…” he says looking down at the table.

“Really? You have never been… loved?” she looks from behind her hair.

Claude shakes his head, “No… except by my parents, but that’s kind of normal.” I think no one really likes me because they don’t know me at all. They are nice to me but they just don’t know the real me.” Claude says with a sigh.

After a moment Chrissy moves her hair out of the way and puts her hand on his, “Well, I know you and I like you for who you are, even though we just met yesterday, I feel like I have known you forever.”

Claude turns his hand over to hold hers, her hand is warm and soft to the touch. “You are one nice girl you know that?” He says. Chrissy blushes once more and smiles.

They sit there for a moment in silence, holding each other’s hand, when the clock chimes the next hour, snapping them out of it. Claude looks at the clock, Nine o’clock. He lets go of Chrissy’s hand and picks up the plates, cutlery, and the cups and places them in the sink.

“So what do you want to do now?” Claude asks.

“Is there any places around here that are interesting?”

“There’s the mall, but there is a lot of people there including the people who bully me...”

“Well let’s go then.”

Claude looks at her strangely, “Why do you want to go to the mall knowing that those people are there?”

“We could just ignore them, plus you’ve got me.” she smiles.

What’d she mean by that? Claude has a bad feeling that he isn’t going to like this. He sighs, “Alrighty then, let’s go.” he says. He picks up the house keys and his wallet off the table beside the door as they walk out. Eventually Claude is going to need to get a job, the money he got from his parent’s isn’t going to last forever, he also needs to get a car of some kind.

As they are walking down the sidewalk, Chrissy grabs Claude’s hand and holds it. Claude feels his hand tingling from the touch, he has never really been this close to a girl before, let alone hold a girl’s hand.

They continue to walk until they see bench and a sign next to it that says “Bus stop”. Just as they walk up to the bench to sit down the bus drives up and stops in front of them. Claude pulls out his wallet with his free hand and gets out two dollars. He climbs up the steps to the bus, Chrissy following hesitantly, he puts the bills into the slot to pay for the ride. Claude looks at the other passengers, not many people. “Where ya headin?” The bus driver asks.

“The Mall.” Claude replies. The driver nods his head, and Claude and Chrissy find a seat. Claude lets Chrissy get the window seat, she wants to see more of this town anyway.

The bus lurches forward and takes off to its next destination, the mall. Chrissy grabs his hand and holds it again, the nice feeling reappearing in his hand. He smiles at Chrissy and squeezes her hand lightly. She smiles in return and squeezes back then she leans her head on his shoulder. Claudes heart is just exploding right now, it seems like he has finally found his dream girl.

After about ten minutes of riding, the bus stops in front of the bus stop to the mall. Chrissy and Claude get off and walk down the parking lot toward the mall. It’s still early so there isn’t that many people here.

They walk up to the doors and Claude holds the door for Chrissy, she smiles at him and enters. “This place is huge, I’ve never been to a mall before.” She says looking around.

“Yeah it is pretty big.” Claude says as they begin to walk past the shops.

The mall time goes by quickly, Claude noticed Chrissy really wasn’t interested into the shops and what they had. They go through almost all the shops, passing the ones that were either too small or too dark, like that Hollister Shop, It was too dark plus it had a million different odors in it that made it smell horrible.

Being the normal human Claude is, hunger gets to him. “Hey Chrissy?” he asks as she is looking at some knickknack on a shelf in one of the kiosks.

“Yeah Claude?” She replies looking up at him.

“You wanna get something to eat?”

“Uh, Sure… I guess.” She says.

They walk to the food court and Claude decides to get a burger and fries, such a normal meal when going to the mall. He notices Chrissy sneering at it. “Not a meat lover huh? That’s okay Vegetarians are cool people too.” He smiles. He gets her a salad and they find a table to sit.

As they eat their food. Claude notices some people in his peripheral vision coming toward them. He doesn't even need to look to see who it is.

"Hey, quiet boy, how's it going?" It's the guys from last night, Claude ignores them and looks at Chrissy shaking his head.

"Whoa-ho looks like quiet boy has gotten himself a lady friend." The guy leans in close, "Is she quiet too?"

Claude feels his anger increase, he drops his burger whips around to face the guy. "Look, I don't want to have to punch you in the face again, so do us all a favor and go away." Claude says through gritted teeth.

The guy stands up, "Oh yeah that reminds me." He then kicks Claude right in the shin making him fall out of his chair clutching his leg in pain. "That's for punching me." Chrissy goes around the table to him and holds him. "Where is your freaky creature now?" He says.

Next thing the guy knows is that he is being picked up high in the air by nothing it seems, then is thrown away from Claude. He crashes into one of the tables breaking it. The other guys panic, "Oh god, it's here!" One of them says and they all split. A couple of them go and help their leader, then they leave.

"You okay?" Chrissy asks him. Kinda seems like a dumb question since he just got kicked in the shin, hard.

Claude coughs, "Yeah, what happened, i was in too much pain to notice what was going on."

"Something picked up one of them and threw him. Funny thing was there was no one there, it was like he was floating or something." Claude gives her a strange look. "I'm not lying, ask them." She looks over at a couple of people, who nod, still freaked out by what just happened.

Claude can only nod, unsure of anything right now, his leg hurt too much. "They also said something about a creature, what was that all about?" She asks.

Claude remembers last night, the dark figure with the glowing green eyes that helped him. He gets back up in his chair, with Chrissy's help. She goes back to her chair and listens to Claude as he explains everything that happened last night.

He explains everything about that night after she left, the guys trying to hurt him, the creature coming out of the forest and taking
care of them, even to the part where he got home.

"So a dark creature came out of the woods and saved you? What was your reaction?" She asks.

"I didn't really have time to react, it all happened so fast, I can barely remember what it looked like." He says and sighs.

She nods her head, "Well, I am full." She says, Claude looks at her salad, it looks as if she barely touched it, he decides to not point it out. He starts to get up, the pain in his shin subsiding. He picks up both of their trays and walks over to the trash can and throws them away.

He looks down the path at the doors, and notices it's getting dark outside, time sure does fly when you go to almost every shop in the mall and look around. He then looks back at Chrissy, who is sitting there and smiling at him cutely. This day was worth it.

Claude walks back over to Chrissy, "Hey, you wanna head out of here?" He asks. She nods and they walk out of the mall back to the bus stop.

They hop on the bus when it arrives, Claude puts the money in and tells the driver where they need to go. The driver nods and they sit down.

"So are you going to show me what you wanted to show me?" He asks.

"Let's wait until we get back." She says as she holds his hand.

He sighs, "Alright then." He says.

Another ten minutes or so of riding goes by and the bus finally stops at the bus stop near his house. They get off and walk back to his house.

"Come on Claude, remember we have to go to the woods so I can show you." She says as she starts to walk off to the woods across the street.

He excitedly follows her, he really wants to know more about her, she is so mysterious and he loves it.

They walk into the dark woods quite aways until they find a clearing, "One thing I ask of you... don't freak out..." she says as she steps back into the moonlight.

Claude is half excited half worried of what she is going to show him. He watches her as she takes a deep breath and closes her eyes, a green glow goes around her. Claude's eyes widen as she completely changes to a dark four-legged creature, just like the one from last night. The glow goes away and she stands there in the moonlight her eyes glowing green in the darkness.

In the moonlight Claude can see more features about her. He sees the holes in her legs, her hair, and her tail. "Wh-what are you..." he says his voice shaking a bit with fear.

"I am a changeling, obviously not from your world." She explains with that strange voice that makes his skin stand on end.

"A what?"

"I can change into any creature like you."

"So you never were a human, it was all a disguise." It hits Claude like a ton of bricks. "Was that love fake to? Was it all a disguise?" He says in a sad tone. He can't believe he fell in love with just a mask.

"No, i-it wasn't fake... even though you and me are not the same, I actually really like you, maybe even love you." She says softly.

"R-really? So when you said you would never hurt me, you were telling the truth?" He asks, Chrissy nods. She takes a step toward him. He stays still and keeps his guard up just in case.

She reaches him, she notices she is still the same height as him almost. She remembers back on Equestria, one way two ponies could show affection for each other was by hugging, she wonders if it will work on Claude. She raises her two front legs and wraps it around him pulling him into a hug, "I would never hurt you." She whispers.

After a moment of silent hugging he raises his arms and lightly puts it around her, not squeezing, but just holding lightly. She sighs, "Now you know my true self... you probably don't want to see me any more... I'll just go now..." she says and starts to pull away, knowing that she will never be loved for true self.


"No, don't leave, you are the only being that has ever loved me. I don't care about how you looked as a human. Now that I know your true form, I can love the real you." He hugs her tighter.

They break the hug, and Claude is able to see her face fully. She maybe a bit strange looking, but she has her own type of cuteness. "Yo-you still love me? After all of that? After ev-" Claude interrupts her with a kiss. It was Claude's first kiss, and he is glad it was with her.

After a few seconds go by, they break the kiss. Claude smiles and hugs her again, "Does that answer your question?" Chrissy nods.

"I should probably explain where I am from, and what I am before we rush into things." She says. Claude nods.

"Wanna head back to the house? We would be more comfortable there." He asks.

"What if some of the other humans see me? I don't want to get too much attention."

"Don't worry it's late, no one is up right now, come on." He gives her a quick kiss on the cheek and they start walking through the forest back to the house.

They trudge through the forest and out through the opening. Just before they go out fully, Claude sees a flash of green light. Turning
around he doesn't see anything. "Chrissy?" He says worried that she left.

"Don't worry I'm right here." Said an invisible voice. "I just don't want to take any chances."

Claude nods his head, and they walk across the street to the house, he unlocks the door and lets the invisible Changeling in first. She flashes green once more revealing her true form in the brighter light.

Claude can see even more of the changeling, the colors, the structure of the body, she kind of resembles a pony, but more bug like. In his eyes he doesn’t care how she looks, she looks adorable to him.

"So I guess i should start explaining myself then..." Chrissy says. Claude nods and sits on the couch, he motions for her to sit down. Pretty much she has to lay down, because she can't sit up real well. She lays her head on Claude's lap and she begins.

"First thing though, my name isn't Chrissy, though it is very close. My real name is Chrysalis. I was a queen back on my world, Queen of the Changelings."

"So your kind was the only species there?"

"Not exactly, I came from a world named Equestria."

"Wait, so it's a world full of nothing but talking horses."

"Ponies, they like to be called ponies, but anyway there are four types: Earth, Unicorn, Pegasus, and Alicorn."

"Where do you come in?"

"I, uh, well, for us to survive we feed on the love they give out. So when they love for each other, that feeling, we feed upon that."

Claude raises an eyebrow, "I don't follow."

"Back at the party when we first shook hands you had feelings for me, and I could feed on it."

"Wait, so you knew that I liked you from the beginning?"

Chrysalis nods, "Yes, and I have fed on it."

"So that's all I am to you? Just food?"

"No! You are more than that, so much more. I can't really stop feeding on it, it's involuntary, I don't control it. Claude you are the only being who hasn't ran in terror of my appearance or knowing what I am, and that makes me so happy."

"Well, you have your own type of cuteness, others may find you scary, but I find you adorable." He puts his hand on her cheek and
caresses it, she smiles up at him. "So how'd you end up here?"

She points her eyes down and her eyes start to water, "Because, I am a failure... I have failed my kind, I was supposed to be a queen and help my subjects, but... I failed them." She buries her face into Claude and sobs.

“What happened?”

“Well, please don’t think of me different, but well, ponies thought I was evil, and I was, I tried to take over Canterlot, tried to take the groom away from Cadence. I did it all so I could feed my subjects, we all need food or else we die… And I didn’t want my subjects to die, but I guess it’s too late for that…” She cries even more now.

Claude slowly, warmly, and comfortingly hugs her, not saying a word, but speaking through his heartbeat which was almost audible due to the sheer passion that he was emitting.

After a brief eternity, he lets go of her. She smiles at him, “So you still love me? Knowing what I am, and what I did?” She asks.

Claude replies with a nod, and a peck on her forehead. “What happens in the past is just that, the past. You can’t change it.”

“Claude… you are amazing. You know that? You really are, I am normally used to feeding off of love not actually feeling it, and you know… feeling it is much better than just feeding.”

“Love is powerful.” He says smiling. Chrysalis then lets out a yawn. After which he yawns. Yawns are pretty contagious no matter what you are, human or not. “We should probably get some sleep.”

Chrysalis nods in agreement and gets up off of his lap, Claude stands up and stretches. “So where do you wish to sleep Chrysalis?” he smiles when he says her actual name.

“Well… I was wondering if… I could… you know…” She says shyly.

Claude knows exactly what she wants to do, “Yes, come on.” He smiles. She smiles back and gets up off the couch. As they walk out of the living room Claude cuts off the light making the room dark. He looks to Chrysalis and sees her eyes glow, “How do you do that?”

“Do what?” she asks.

“Make your eyes glow that’s really awesome.”

“Oh I have no idea, they just do.”

“Huh, well that’s pretty cool, I find your eyes very… intriguing. Also the fact that my favorite color is green helps there also.” He says with a chuckle.

They walk into his bedroom, flicking on a lamp upon entering, and he lets her climb into the bed first, thank goodness it’s a double bed, otherwise one of them would be on the floor.

“Lemme change into my pajamas real fast, it won’t take long.” He says and throws off the clothes he is wearing, tosses them in the hamper and looks in the drawer for some others, though he is unlucky to find any clean. He looks at his hamper once more, it is filled with clothes. “Crap, I knew I forgot something…” he says under breath.

“What’s wrong?” she asks.

“Oh, it’s just I forgot to do laundry… so I have no PJs… So I’m going to have to go to bed like this.” He says. He wasn’t going to sleep in normal everyday clothes, because that’s uncomfortable. Last night didn’t bug him because he was exhausted.

He flicks off the lamp and climbs in the bed with her. He pulls the covers on them both and puts an around her, pulling her closer, he looks at her, seeing her green eyes glow at him dimly. Next thing he knows he feels her lips touch his, he sighs softly and smiles. They break the kiss and Claude has this urge to taste his lips, he licks them and tastes raspberry, wait raspberry? That’s a bit odd, but he isn’t complaining.

Claude scoots even closer to Chrysalis to where their bodies touch; her skin is smooth, slick, and warm. He leans her head against her feeling her hair tickle his face and neck, he smiles and squeezes her lightly and closes his eyes. Sleep takes him and he falls asleep after a long day of greatness.

‒‒‒‒‒‒

Chrysalis

Chrysalis' ears perk up at the sound of nature awakening to the new morning. She opens her eyes to see the sun slowly rising in the east. She stands up on her four hooves and stretches. Sleeping on the ground is not fun.

She looks over to Claude's house, hoping she didn't scare him too much last night... she wants to go over to the house and see him and see if he is okay, but she worries that he is still asleep.

She waits around for another hour and changes into her other form, the one that looks like the female creatures. She walks across the street toward Claude's house, and up to the front door.

She hesitantly reaches her hand up to the door and knocks, she sighs and waits. She sees the door handle jiggles and the door opens slightly, Claude pokes his head out a little bit and sees her, “Hi Claude.” She says with a smile.

“Oh, Hey Chrissy!” He says in an excited tone.

“I want to apologize for last night, I don’t really know what happened. I just started to feel strange and I had to leave.” Chrysalis explains.

“Hey it’s no problem, I am glad you are okay though.” He smiles, He actually does care about her, her heart warms a little bit. “Wanna come inside?” he says opening the door fully and he stands there wearing the same clothing from the night before.

Chrysalis smiles and says, “Sure.” Homes here are not that different than Equestrian ones. It has the same basic furniture and everything, kind of odd really. She walks around the room looking at random stuff, being her normal nosy self. She comes across this picture on top of the mantle.

“Is this you?” She says pointing to what looks like him in the frame.

“Yeah, that’s me, a few months ago in fact.” He says with a sigh. She then sees two other creatures in the photo that look a bit older than he does.

“Who are they?” she points to the other two creatures.

“I had a feeling you would ask… th-they are my parents...” he says, Chrysalis can see water forming in his eyes. “They died recently… a few weeks after that photo was taken actually…” He looks down and his eyes start to form more tears. “G-give me a sec…” He says, walking over to the couch he sits down and puts his face in his hands. Chrysalis thinks he can hear sobs coming from him.

She walks over to the couch and sits next to him, feeling really bad for him, being alone can’t be good. “I’m sorry that they are gone…” she says. She puts an arm around him and pulling him into a hug, hoping it will make him feel better.

She can hear him continue to cry even more, she feels him lean into her a little bit, “I’m sorry that you have to see me like this…” he says in between sobs.

She hugs him tighter, she cares for him deeply and she doesn’t like to see him cry, but she feels he needs to let it out. She feels the love for her increase more from him. A few minutes go by and he stops, she lets go of him and he sits up and sighs. “Feel better?” she asks him.

“Yeah, much better thanks…” he says with a smile. Chrysalis has never comforted anything before. Most of the others in Equestria were scared of her mere presence, so no one ever saw her true self. “You are really awesome you know that?” Claude hugs her. She has never been called awesome before.

“I’m not that special Claude…” she says.

“You are to me.” He squeezes a little tighter, but not too much, Chrysalis’ heart warms at that, she has never been special to anyone… and that’s when she realized, even though Claude was a different being than she was, she is falling for him. A sound comes from Claude’s stomach, and they both laugh. “Stomach, why do you have to ruin good moments…” he says.

“Are you hungry?” He asks her. Chrysalis never needs actual food, since she feeds off of love. Love is all she needs to survive. She can eat the food but it won’t really do anything to her, it still has taste but that’s about as much she will get from it. It just goes right through her, like nothing is even there. She doesn’t want to say no because Claude will think it is odd she isn’t hungry.

She nods, “Alrighty, I’ll go make some eggs and toast, wait here.” He gets up and walks into another room. She can hear him clattering around with stuff in there. Claude is so nice to her, she is actually considering showing him her true self, just to see if he will still love her after he knows what she is. Just that mere thought makes her worry a bit. What if she did show him, and he didn’t want to see her again.

The smell from the kitchen comes into her nose, even though she doesn’t need to eat, she can get cravings every now and then. She gets up and walks into the kitchen and sits at the table.

“You okay?” Claude says looking over at her from the pan.

She nods, “Yeah, the smell brought me in here, smells really good.”

“Well good thing you are in here, cause they are done.” He says, serving the eggs on plates. He sets up the table with milk eggs and silverware, not much food but that’s okay, she’s not going to eat much anyway.

They begin to eat and Claude asks, “So, how long have you been around here?”

“A couple of days ago.” She says taking a bite of egg, which is really good.

“Where’d you mo-“ he cuts himself off.

Chrysalis immediately knows what he was going to say, “If I told you, you would think I was insane or something.” She sighs.

“Try me.” He says. She doesn’t want to tell him about Equestria yet, in fear of the fact he would think she was nuts and wouldn’t like her anymore.

“Are you sure?” She asks.

“Yes, I find you Interesting.” He replies with a smile.

Chrysalis sighs again and gets an idea, “Actually, how about I show you something first, but not right now, I want to show you at night, I will be more comfortable then.”

He nods, “Alright, as long as you don’t turn into some strange creature and try to kill me or something.” He says, jokingly.

She tenses up when he says that, strange creature... Why did he have to say that… “I would never hurt you Claude. I don’t hurt anyone I like, especially ones I really like.” She says but is immediately embarrassed she said that last part, she didn’t mean to... She hides her face behind her hair to hide the blush marks.

“You like me?” he asks.

She is worried now, “I-is that bad?”

“No, it’s just no one has ever liked me that way before… Most of everyone just ignores me…” he looks down.

Chrysalis is surprised, a nice being like him, never been loved? “Really? You have never been… loved?” she looks from behind her hair.

He shakes his head, “No… except by my parents, but that’s kind of normal. I think no one really likes me because they don’t know the real me.” Claude says with a sigh.

Chrysalis now knows her purpose for being here, to be with him, he needs to be loved… Moving her hair out of the way, she puts her hand on his, “Well, I know you and I like you for who you are, even though we just met yesterday, I feel like I have known you forever.”

Claude then flips his hand over and holds hers, his hand is warm and rough, but she doesn’t mind. “You are a nice girl you know that?” he tells her. Chrysalis blushes, she’s never been called nice before. She smiles at him.

A moment goes by, they hold each other’s hand, just then a sound chimes from the other room, making them both jump, Chrysalis turns around and looks at the object that made the noise, they don’t have anything like that in Equestria. Claude lets go of her hand and he cleans up the table.

“So what do you want to do now?” He asks her.

She didn’t care, only if she was with him they could go anywhere, “Is there any places around here that are interesting?”

“There’s the mall, but there is a lot of people there including the people who bully me…”

“Well, let’s go then.”

Claude looks at her strangely, “Why do you want to go to the mall knowing that those people are there?”

“We could just ignore them, plus you’ve got me.” She smiles. If anyone starts anything with Claude she will use her magic to take care of them.

“Alrighty then, let’s go.” He says, he picks up some object off a table that jingles as it moves and some flat object and stuffs it in his pocket, Chrysalis really needs to learn more about this world…

As they walk down the sidewalk Chrysalis grabs his hand and holds it like they did earlier at the table. She holds all the way down the road until they reach a bench and a sign that says "bus stop". She still cannot understand how they know the Equish language. They start to sit down and then out of nowhere this strangely large metal carriage comes up the hill. What is really strange about it is there are no ponies moving it, it's like it is controlled by magic or something. She didn't think they had magic here.

Claude pulls the black flat item out of his pocket and pulls out two pieces of green paper with writing on it. The doors to the carriage open and they step on, Chrysalis is hesitant about getting on at first but she gets on and follows Claude after he says something to the driver, she wasn't really paying attention, and sits next to him.

She looks around her and notices there aren't that many other creatures on the carriage. She grabs Claude's rough hand again and holds it, she feels more secure when she holds it, even though she can almost take down anyone with a mere glimmer of her magic, but still she feels good when she holds it.

The metal carriage moves forward down the street, passing houses, then plains, and other structures. She is awed by it all. Minutes go by and the carriage finally stops in front of large open area filled with other carriages, but they are much smaller than the one they are on.

They walk down the open area toward the building she presumed to be the mall. They reach the doors and Claude opens one for her, such a gentle being. She walks inside and the room is massively open, "This place is huge! I've never been to a mall before" She exclaims.

"Yeah, it is pretty big huh." He says.

They start to walk around going into random shops, Chrysalis doesn't really want to buy anything from the shops, nothing interests her, but she doesn't care, she is with Claude so she is happy.

They continue to go through different shops skipping those that were just too dark, like that one shop, Hollister, that place was too dark and had a horrible odor creeping from it. Other than that they went to most of them.

They are at one of the random kiosks, Chrysalis is looking at some little knickknack on the shelf when Claude says, "Hey, Chrissy?"

"Yeah?" She puts the knickknack down and turns to him.

"You wanna get something to eat?" He asks. She of course was not hungry, but she didn't want to weird Claude out.

"Uh...sure, I guess." She says and follows him to an open are where the smell of cooked meat filled the air. She was shocked at first at the fact that these creatures were also meat eaters. They walked up to one of the food counters and Claude ordered a thing that had a meat patty of some type with bread on top and below it, in the middle had lettuce, tomato, and pickles.

"Not a meat lover, huh? That's okay, Vegetarians are cool people too." He says and orders a salad for her. Claude is probably one of the most nicest beings she has ever met, he just keeps getting nicer and nicer, she isn't complaining at all.

They take their food over to a table, sit down, and begin to eat.

"Hey, quiet boy, how's it going?" It's the guys from last night, the ones she thought she had taken care of... she told them to leave him alone but it doesn't seem to register in their small brains.

"Whoa-ho looks like quiet boy has gotten himself a lady friend." The guy leans in close to Claude's ear, "Is she quiet too?" She heard him say that and she is ready to fling him across the room with her magic.

Chrysalis can see that Claude is ready to explode; he drops his burger whips around to face the guy. "Look, I don't want to have to punch you in the face again, so do us all a favor and go away." Claude says through gritted teeth. Chrysalis does an internal cheer for Claude, for him standing up to the jerks.

The guy stands up, "Oh yeah that reminds me." He then kicks Claude right in the leg making him fall out of his chair clutching his leg in pain. "That's for punching me." Chrysalis immediately gets up and goes to Claude's side. "Where is your freaky creature now?" The guy says. Freaky creature? Well this freaky creature can kick some tail.

Chrysalis uses her magic, even though her horn isn't here, and levitates the guy up and throws him across the dining area. He crashes into one of the tables breaking it. The other guys panic, "Oh god, it's here!" One of them says and they all split. A couple of them go and help their leader, then they leave.

"You okay?" Chrysalis asks him. She kind of feels dumb at asking that since he just got kicked hard in the leg.

Claude coughs, "Yeah, what happened, I was in too much pain to notice what was going on."

"Something picked up one of them and threw him. Funny thing was, there was no one there. It was like he was floating or something." She can't tell them she was doing it otherwise he will definitely freak out. Claude gives her a strange look. "I'm not lying, ask them." She looks over at a couple of people, who nod, still weirded out by what just happened.

Claude nods, "They also said something about a creature, what was that all about?" She asks.

Claude gets up to try and sit in his chair, Chrysalis helps him and she goes back to her chair and listens to Claude as he explains everything that happened last night, while using a bit of her magic to heal his leg slowly.

He explains everything that happened from the part where she left, to the part where the figure helped him, even to the part where he got to his door.

"So a dark creature came out of the woods and saved you? What was your reaction?" She asks.

"I didn't really have time to react, it all happened so fast, I can barely remember what it looked like." He says and sighs.

She nods her head, "Well, I am full." She says, she hasn't eaten much of it, mainly because she is never hungry. She watches as Claude gets up and cleans up the rubbish still using her spell to make his leg better.

It must be late they have been there forever, she is ready to head back to his house and show him. From what he told her about seeing her like that he wasn't terrified, at least she hopes he wasn't terrified.

Claude walks back over to Chrysalis, "Hey, you wanna head out of here?" He asks. She nods and they walk out of the mall back to the bus stop.

They hop on the bus when it arrives, Chrysalis watches as Claude the paper currency into a box. Claude tells the driver, who was different than the one before, the address of the other stop, he nodded and they took to their seats.

"So are you going to show me what you wanted to show me?" He asks.

"Let's wait until we get back." She says as she holds his hand. She has really started liking to hold his hand, the warmth; the roughness; it gave her a nice feeling.

He sighs, "Alright then." He says.

Another ten minutes or so of riding goes by and the bus finally stops at the bus stop near his house. They get off and walk back to his house.

"Come on Claude, remember we have to go to the woods so I can show you." She says as she starts to walk off to the woods across the street. Worry starts to creep over her.

They walk into the dark woods quite aways until they find a clearing, "One thing I ask of you... don't freak out..." she says as she steps back into the moonlight.

She ignites her magic, and a familiar green glow surrounds her, her body morphs back into her original scary form, during the green glow she could see Claude's face change from happy to awestruck, but there was fear in the face too. Worry rises higher in her.

The glow fades and she stands there on all fours, she lets a weak smile over to Claude, who looks as if he has seen a ghost.

"Wh-what are you..." he says his voice shaking a bit with fear.

"I am a changeling, obviously not from your world." She explains. She notices her voice is back to normal now, she never really noticed before when she first changed. Claude obviously notices.

"A what?"

"I can change into any creature like you and other things too."

"So you never were a human, it was all a disguise." His face changes to a sad one, "Was that love fake to? Was it all a disguise?"

She immediately speaks up,"No, i-it wasn't fake... even though you and me are not the same, I actually really like you, maybe even love you." She doesn't want to lose him at all.

"R-really? So when you said you would never hurt me, you were telling the truth?" He asks, Chrysalis nods. She needed to do something more to show him that her love for him is true. She takes a step toward him. He tenses up.

She reaches him, she notices she is still the same height as him almost. She remembers back on Equestria, one way two ponies would show affection for each other was by hugging, she wonders if it will work on Claude. She raises her two front legs and wraps it around him pulling him into a hug, "I would never hurt you." She whispers.

After a moment of silent hugging he raises his arms and lightly puts it around her, not squeezing, but just holding lightly. She sighs, "Now you know my true self... you probably don't want to see me any more... I'll just go now..." she says and starts to pull away, knowing that she will never be loved for true self.

Next thing she knows she is getting pulled back into a hug, She feels his hand rub her back.

"No, don't leave, you are the only being that has ever loved me. I don't care about how you looked as a human. Now that I know your true form, I can love the real you." She gets hugged tighter. Is he being serious? Does he still love her?

They break the hug, "Yo-you still love me? After all of that? After ev-" Claude interrupts her with a kiss. It was the most magical feeling ever for her. This was her first kiss with anyone ever...

After a few seconds go by, they break the kiss. Claude smiles and hugs her again, "Does that answer your question?" Chrissy nods and blushes.

"I should probably explain where I am from, and what I am before we rush into things." She says. Claude nods. Since now he knows what she is, he should learn everything about her

"Wanna head back to the house? We would be more comfortable there." He asks. She didn't care where they were, she just wanted to be with him.

"What if some of the others see me? I don't want to get too much attention." She doesn't the whole world knowing that she is a Changeling...

"Don't worry it's late, no one is up right now, come on." Claude kisses her on the cheek which makes it tingle. She smiles and follows him through the woods. She is relieved of the fact that he doesn't hate her. The kiss comes into her mind and her smile grows even more.


Just before they reach the opening, Chrysalis' horn lights up and she goes invisible, she doesn't want to take risks. "Chrissy?" Claude says looking around frantically.

"Don't worry I'm right here. I just don't want to take any chances." She says. Claude nods and they walk across the street to his house. He pulls out his keys and unlocks the door, opens it, and lets her walk in first. Such great manners.

She walks in, ducking down so her horn doesn't get caught on the door threshold. She checks if the curtains are closed, they are, and she flashes green and drops the invisibility spell. Her jagged horn almost touches the ceiling. Claude closes the door and walks over to her.

"So I guess i should start explaining myself then..." Chrysalis says. Claude nods and sits on the couch, he motions for her to sit down. She can't really 'sit' on the couch like he can, so she just lays across the couch, laying her head on his lap, being careful that the horn doesn't stab him.

"First thing though, my name isn't Chrissy, though it is very close. My real name is Chrysalis. I was a queen back on my world, Queen of the Changelings."

"So your kind was the only species there?"

"Not exactly, I came from a world named Equestria."

"Wait, so it's a world full of nothing but talking horses."

"Ponies, they like to be called ponies, but anyway there are four types: Earth, Unicorn, Pegasus, and Alicorn."

"Where do you come in?"

"I, uh, well, for us to survive we feed on the love they give out. So when they love for each other, that feeling, we feed upon that."

Claude raises an eyebrow, "I don't follow."

"Back at the party when we first shook hands you had feelings for me, and I could feed on it."

"Wait, so you knew that I liked you from the beginning?"

Chrysalis nods, "Yes, and I have fed on it."

"So that's all I am to you? Just food?"

"No! You are more than that, so much more. I can't really stop feeding on it, it's involuntary, I don't control it. Claude you are the only being who hasn't ran in terror of my appearance or knowing what I am, and that makes me so happy."

"Well, you have your own type of cuteness, others may find you scary, but I find you adorable." He puts his hand on her cheek and caresses it, she smiles up at him. "So how'd you end up here?"

She points her eyes down and her eyes start to water, she had to tell him sooner or later, "Because, I am a failure... I have failed my kind, I was supposed to be a queen and help my subjects, but... I failed them." She buries her face into Claude and sobs. She actually really misses her subjects... but they are probably all dead.

"What happened?"

"Well, please don't think of me different, but well, ponies thought I was evil, and I was, I tried to take over Canterlot, tried to take the groom away from Cadence. I did it all so I could feed my subjects, we all need food or else we die... And I didn't want my subjects to die,
but I guess it's too late for that..." She cries even more now. She knows now that being evil gets you nowhere.

She feels Claude's arms wrap around her head and he hugs her. She nuzzles him and let's the tears run out.

After a brief eternity, he lets go of her. She smiles at him, "So you still love me? Knowing what I am, and what I did?" She asks.

Claude replies with a nod, and a peck on her forehead. "What happens in the past is just that, the past. You can't change it."

"Claude... you are amazing. You know that? You really are, I am normally used to feeding off of love, not actually feeling it, and you know... feeling it is much better than just feeding."

"Love is powerful." He says smiling. Chrysalis then lets out a yawn. After which he yawns. Yawns are pretty contagious no matter what you are, human or not. "We should probably get some sleep."

Chrysalis nods in agreement and gets up and stands on all fours, “So where do you wish to sleep Chrysalis?" Claude asks.

She didn't exactly want to sleep on the couch..."Well... I was wondering if... I could... you know..." She says shyly.

"Yes, come on." He says with a smile. As they walk toward the hallway he flips a switch, causing all the light in the room to vanish. Chrysalis still wonders if they have some kind of magic. Claude turns to her, "How do you do that?"

"Do what?" she asks.

"How do you make your eyes glow? That's really awesome."

"Oh I have no idea, they just do." She honestly had no idea her eyes glowed in the dark, she would have to see for herself sometime.

"Huh, well that's pretty cool, I find your eyes very... intriguing. Also the fact that my favorite color is green helps there also." He says with a chuckle.

They walk into his bedroom, Claude turns on a lamp, she knew what those were, though the ones they have in Equestria have flames, not just pure light coming out of an orb like this one. She looks over at the bed, it's rather large. She notices Claude motioning for her to get in first. She gets up on the bed and she lays on her side facing Claude. She waits for him to join.

"Lemme change into my pajamas real fast, it won't take long." Claude takes off the clothes he is wearing and throws them in a container. She watches him as he looks through his dresser for some other clothes. "Crap... I knew I forgot to do something..."

"What's wrong?" she asks.

"Oh, it's just I forgot to do laundry... so I have no PJs... So I'm going to have to go to bed like this." He says. She didn't really mind at all, since she wore no clothing at all.

He clicks off the lamp and the room is almost pitch black, the moonlight seeping through the window illuminates the room a bit to where she can see Claude's silhouette.

She feels him climb in the bed next to her and his arm go around her she puts one of her forelegs around him. "A kiss good night?" She asks. Her question was answered by Claude's lips touching hers. Chrysalis feels as if she is floating, yet she isn't moving her wings. It is amazing.

Still holding the kiss they scoot their bodies closer together, Chrysalis can feel Claude's chest touch hers, his skin is warm and smooth but dry. Finally they break the kiss and they cuddle each other. Chrysalis closes her eyes and thinks about what has happened over the course of the past couple of days.

When she first came into this world she had no idea she was at, now she feels like she is home. She notices the tightness of the hugging from Claude has decreased. She opens her eyes and sees him sleeping. Smiling, she lightly nuzzles him and closes her eyes again, sleep comes soon and she is out.

[End of chapter 3]

Author's Note:

Finally Got it out... I am deeply sorry for the long wait, My editor has been sick, and he still is so...

This Chapter will more than likely have a TON of errors in it... Grammar wise. I can't seem to get anyone else to be my editor.

Hope you enjoyed it.

--Gareth

Edit: Oh my god my story did a weird formatting thing... Sorry about that. Fixed.