• Published 8th Jan 2013
  • 8,348 Views, 135 Comments

The Queen's New World - Moon_Skritch



After being sent out of Equestria Chrysalis is sent to a new world and meets a strange creature.

  • ...
19
 135
 8,348

Chapter 6: On Their Own

Thanks to Selkowitz for editing!

Chapter 6
On Their Own


[/hr]

Changelings

“How could our queen do this to us? She’s supposed to help us! Take care of us!”

The group of changelings sits in the middle of the human’s living room, angry as ever at their ruler. “Why is she off mating with that human? Doesn’t she care about us?”

“I say we just leave, it doesn’t look like she is going to help us anymore,” a changeling standing away from the group chitters.

“But how will we survive?” another one asks.

“Don’t you remember what the human said, Xena? He said there is love everywhere in this world. Just like Equestria.”

“But Doppel, don’t you also remember how he said we could possibly get caught by the other humans?”

Doppel walks over to the female changeling and flaps his wings slightly. “You do remember that we can cast magic and fly… right? I don’t think any human is going to catch us.” He stares at her as she shies away slightly.

“Where will we go?” one questioned as it jumps off the couch, its wings flittering as he lands.

“I don’t know, Asura, and I don’t really care. I don’t trust our queen anymore. I think we would do fine on our own. If you guys wish to stay here and starve, go right ahead. I am leaving.” Doppel turns to the door and opens it with his magic, peeks out the door to see if any humans are out, and takes off out the door.

“We should go with him. We are stronger together,” Xena says as she takes off after him.

The remaining ones look at each other for a moment then take off also.


Claude & Chrysalis

Claude is the first to hear the pounding on the door. They had both fallen asleep after all the fun they just had. He grabs his clothes and puts them on as he runs from his room to the door, almost tripping multiple times. He buttons his jeans and opens the door.

“Uh, Claude… I saw some weird ass creatures come from your house… What the hell is going on?” Tim asks.

Claude then immediately noticed how quiet and empty the living room was. “Oh… Crap…” he says as he runs back off to his room. “You can come in!” he calls to Tim as he goes into his room.

Chrysalis wears the biggest smile she has ever had in her life. Everything is just perfect. Nothing can go wro- “Chrysalis! We have a problem!” she hears her lover's voice call her name in a loud whisper, enough to wake her up.

“What’s wrong, my love?” she asks in a soft voice, still hazed by the last half hour.

“Your subjects… they’re gone… and… someone saw them.”

“What?!” The haze immediately dissipates and her voice changes to a more angered one. “Who saw them?”

“Well you remember that guy at the party? Yeah… him.”

She sighs and throws the covers off of her and starts to make her way to the main room.

“Wait! What about your disguise?”

“He already saw my subjects, so I don’t think he will be fazed much by my appearance.”

Do they not understand? They are in a world they have never been and they are just going to run off…

Claude leaves to the living room, followed by Chrysalis, still in her changeling state.

“What the hell?!” Tim yells as the queen walks in. He jumps up to his feet.

“Do not worry. I won’t harm you. That’s not me anymore.” She smiles at him, showing her fangs. This, however, did not ease his fear as it only creeped him out even more.

“Just don’t eat me!” he cowers.

Claude looks over at Chrysalis and sighs. “Tim… I dunno if this will make you feel any better, but this is Chrysalis. She is a changeling. Also, she is… uh…”

“His lover,” Chrysalis finishes for him.

“Wh-what? Claude... you’re in love with this… whatever it is?!”

“Changeling,” Chrysalis states as she looks at him with her eyes squinted a bit. She does not like this human at all so far.

“Yeah… That’s just… weird. Anyway, I saw a group of small, four-legged creatures leave your house a couple minutes ago.”

Chrysalis then runs to the window and looks toward the sky. She can see the ten smaller changelings take off. “We need to catch them! There is no telling what will happen to them or what they will do to other humans.” She flashes her horn and changes shape into her human form.

“Wait, so you were Chrissy at the party?!”

Chrysalis nods. “Come on!” She starts to go out the door.

“We can use my car,” Tim says as he starts to run out the front door.

“Wait. Why are you all of a sudden being so helpful?” Claude asks.

“Cause I am curious about all of this. Even though it is strange as hell, I find it quite interesting.”

Claude stands there for a second trying to get his mind straight. So much was going on at one time. Chrysalis grabs his hand and gives him a quick kiss, which snaps him out of his daze. “Hey, at least we had some fun today, right?” She smiles and kisses him again.

“Yo, quit smooching and let’s go!” Tim yells, honking his horn. “Or did you forget we are chasing after something?”

“Oh, right.” Claude and Chrysalis both chuckle, then rush to Tim’s car.


“Doppel, wait up!” Xena calls to him.

The changeling stops and turns around to see the rest of the group fly up to him.

“So you decided to come?” he says.

They all nod.

“So…um… where are we going?” Althyna asks.

“Anywhere we can find love to feed on, and away from the queen,” Doppel states. A couple of the changelings look back and sigh softly.

“What, you miss her already? Forget her! She has completely changed and is no longer one of us. We don’t need her!”

The changelings look back at Doppel and nod. “Let’s go. I see a large city over there. Where there is a large population, there is a large amount of love,” he says as he zooms toward the tall buildings in the distance.


“So, where do you think they are going?” Tim asks.

“Anywhere there is a lot of love. Basically, any large populated place,” Chrysalis explains.

“They are heading toward the city… they will be seen in no time…” Claude says. I wish this wasn’t happening… This is beginning to be too much for me… He looks over to Chrysalis and all her beauty. It’s worth it.

When I find those changelings…I will show them that I am their queen! Chrysalis sighs and looks over at Claude who is looking at her also. She puts her hand in his and he squeezes it. She is still trying to get used to this human body. She squeezes his hand back and smiles as she feels her chest warm.

“There they are!” Tim exclaims making both Claude and Chrysalis jump. They both lean forward to see where Tim’s finger is pointing. Small black dots are moving toward the city, getting closer to the buildings.

“Step on it!”


“There,” Doppel pointed to one of the taller buildings.

They made their way to the top of the structure and gathered together.

“So what’s the plan? Where will we get our food?” Asura asked.

“Calm down… I sense a strong source nearby,” he said and looked over the edge, spotting two humans sitting on a bench holding each other’s hand. “There they are,” he points again to the unsuspecting couple. He nodded to the others. “Let’s go.” They turn invisible and zoom to the alley behind the bench.

Each of them drops their invisibility; very sure they won’t be caught. Their horns light up one by one and they begin to siphon the love from the couple. Unknown to them, the two humans slowly start to become weak. As soon as they start to feed, they could no longer siphon anymore. They were sustained enough for a good amount of time…

“Uh oh…” Doppel said as he looked at the bench. “We need to get out of here.”


“Whoa what happened here?” Claude says as the car pulls into a parking spot in front a shop. They don’t get out but just watch from the windows at the scene.

“They’ve been here. I can sense it. They fed too much off of them. They will be fine, but it will take them a while to recover.” Chrysalis looks at the couple, who are on stretchers and being loaded onto the ambulance.

“What’s wrong with them?” Tim asks.

Chrysalis sighs and explains, “Changelings feed off of love. It can be any kind, one po- person loving another person or the person loving the changeling. Any type of love for anything, we changelings feed off it. Though, these ignorant ones apparently forgot that if too many feed off of one love at the same time, it will weaken the subject, making them unconscious. Don't worry, they will be fine, but they will be out for a good while."

"Will their love be completely gone?" Tim asks in horror.

"No. Love is kind of like blood. Kinda strange, I know. Feed too much at one time, the being will die or become unconscious, like here. Unlike blood, love is infinite, because love is an emotion, not a thing. The only time that it really can run out is if the emotion ceases, which would mean the subject is dead or unconscious. Death is really, really rare though. I've only witnessed it once, and it wasn't my doing."

"Yeah...that makes me feel so much better..." Tim rolls his eyes. He looks over at Claude. "And how are you so calm about this? You haven't said a single damn word about her explanation.”

Claude shrugs. "It makes sense, so I’m not really bothered. And since this is the last of her kind apparently." He looks over at Chrissy, who sighs. He puts his hand in hers, “Besides, she says she would never do that to anyone, so I don't think we need to worry too much."

“You may trust her Claude, but I don’t.” He gives Chrysalis one more look and turns back around and pulls out of the parking space.

Claude turns his head to Chrysalis, smiles, and squeezes her hand as if to say, “Don’t worry, he’ll come around.”


“What were you thinking Doppel?! We could have killed them!” Xena yells as they fly to the top of a building. The sun was starting to set and night was approaching. Clouds started to roll in, and the smell of rain was strong.

“I apparently wasn’t. It’s never happened to me before, so I didn’t know it would do that,” he sighs.

She shakes her head. “We should have just stayed. She would have helped us somehow. I know she would have.”

“Why would she want to? We are against her wishes. She wants to be more kind and such while we still want to take over.”

“I never really wanted to…” Althyna says quietly. “I just want to make the queen ha-”

“She isn’t our queen anymore! If she was the same queen we knew and loved, we wouldn’t be in this situation. She’s changed, don’t you get it? Look, let’s just find a place to rest before this rain starts. We will figure this out tomorrow. Don’t worry guys… we will find a way to take this place. I promise.”

Xena scoffs and looks over the edge of the building. “There’s a tree down there we could use to stay for the night. I don’t think anyone will notice us in there.”

Doppel nods and flaps his wings and zooms down there, the others follow. The rain begins to pour rapidly, and lightning strikes across the sky.

They each lie down on a branch, wrapping their holey hooves around them to keep themselves from falling.

Doppel looks around to his teammates. I will figure something out. Don’t worry everyone. He sighs and rests his head on the branch. His gaze moves over to Xena. I will. He closes his eyes. Maybe then you will understand...and maybe I’ll have a chance…

Xena opens her eyes and looks at Doppel who is already asleep. I really hope he knows what he is doing. I don’t want to end up dead or captured.


Light flashes across the sky, making it seem like daylight for just a split second. “I can’t see a damn thing through this rain,” Tim says.

“Maybe we should just go back home and continue tomorrow. Besides, I doubt they are out and about in this weather,” Claude suggests.

Chrysalis sighs. “Alright. I just hope they don’t get into too much trouble.”

“We’ll look for them tomorrow, bright and early. I promise,” Claude says.

Chrysalis smiles. “I sure hope we find them.”

Claude wraps an arm around her and she leans into him. “Me too.”

------

The rain beats down heavily on Claude and Chrysalis as they exit the car. “Thanks, Tim!” Claude yells over the rain.

“Hey, no problem, and don’t worry, I’ll come by and help you find them,” Tim says. “All of this is damned interesting. Also I am your friend. No way am I turning away from this now and leaving you to handle this on your own.”

Chrysalis smiles and nods at Tim, who smiles back. “Thank you, Tim. You’re a great friend.” She’s never really had friends before, except Claude, but it’s more than that now. She looks over at her now soaking wet lover. Her heart warms at the sight of him.

Tim nods his head and says farewell before backing out of the driveway and going back home.

“We should probably get inside before we get any wetter than we already are, and so you can drop your disguise. It must be uncomfortable to do that for a long period of time.”

“It just makes me really tired because of the long usage of magic,” she says as they start to walk to the front door. She can already feel her eyelids start to droop a bit.

The house is quiet as ever, except the background sound of rain outside. Claude closed the door behind them and Chrysalis dropped her disguise. Dropping her disguise doesn’t drop the fact that she is still soaked and smells musty.

“Maybe you should take a shower first,” Claude suggests with a laugh.

“Only if you join me,” she winks.

Claude chuckles and they both leave to the bathroom to be cleansed. That is... if they don’t get dirtier in the shower.

[End of Chapter Six]