• Published 23rd Dec 2012
  • 4,745 Views, 139 Comments

The Rainbow Blitz Disaster - arglefumph



With tryouts for the Wonderbolts just a few days away, Twilight Sparkle decides to find the perfect coach to train Rainbow Dash. Unfortunately, the pony she finds is Rainbow Dash's male counterpart from the Stallion Universe.

  • ...
13
 139
 4,745

Best Party Ever!

The Interdimensional Pinkie Pie Party Bubble Berry Bash was quickly renamed "The Mare Universe Party", once the group showed up. Most of the stallions in Stallion World were extremely happy to see so many pretty young mares join the party.

"BEST PARTY EVER!" Pinkie Pie and Bubble Berry shouted.

"This party has been horrible so far," Rarity confided in her friends. "Thank Celestia you're here."

"You're welcome," Princess Celestia said.

Rarity's jaw dropped open, as she tried to think of a proper response to that.

Pinkie Pie giggled. "Rarity, I thought you were having a great time here in Stallion World!" Pinkie said.

"Yeah, what happened to finding the perfect stallion?" Rainbow Dash asked, nudging Rarity with her elbow.

Rarity sighed. "Here, let me show you," she said.

Rarity walked about eight feet away, where a group of three colts were chatting.

"Oh, I like this song!" Rarity said loudly. "Let's dance!"

"All right!" the green pony said enthusiastically.

A larger colt hit the first pony. "Hey, she was talking to me!" he said.

"No, she was talking to me!" the first pony said.

"You guys are both idiots!" the third pony said. "Clearly, she wants to dance with me!"

As the three stallions broke out into a hoof fight, Rarity sighed and walked back to her friends.

"You see?" Rarity asked. "Colts are fine, but too many of them at once is a problem. A lady has to have her mare time, you know?"

"So your decision to stay away from the colts here doesn't have anything to do with your crush on Elusive?" Pinkie teased.

"You have a crush on your colt self?" Twilight asked, shocked.

Rarity blushed. "I didn't know he was me when I asked him out!" she said.

"But...how could you not know?" Twilight asked. "The two of you are practically twins!"

"...I don't want to talk about it," Rarity said.


In the fillies' area, the Cutie Mark Crusaders were excitedly comparing notes with their colt selves, trying to see if there were any cutie marks they hadn't attempted yet.

"So you tried fencing, fence building, and fence climbing?" Sweetie Belle asked. "But nothing?"

"Nothing!" Applebuck said. "What cutie marks did you try to get today?"

"Weren't you paying attention?" Silver Bell admonished his friend. "They were too busy fighting Eris to get cutie marks!"

"Yeah!" Scooteroll said. "I never knew fillies could be so cool! You should get cutie marks just for that!"

"Cutie Marks for saving Equestria?" Scootaloo wondered.

"Yeah!" Applebloom said. "Maybe we got our cutie marks in Discord Defeating!"

"Or Interdimensional Travelling!" Sweetie Belle chimed in. "Let's check!"

Applebloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo all turned around and shoved their flanks together, up in the air. When this happened, the male CMCs turned bright red and looked in another direction.

"Awww..." Scootaloo said. "Nothing!"


The two dragons were cutting a rather large rug on the dance floor.

"You know, we make a pretty good team," Spike said.

"Yeah," Spines agreed. "I got the Elements of Harmony, and you figured out how to use them!"

"If it wasn't for us, Equestria would have been doomed!" Spike said. "Dragons rule!"

The two of them did a high-five with their tails, which looked rather nice. Their tail spikes accidentally got tangled together, though, and they had to spend five minutes getting unstuck.


"So, Elusive, see any mares you like?" Rainbow Blitz asked.

"Don't be ridiculous," Elusive said. "I'm not going to try anything romantic with the female version of one of my friends."

"I dunno," Blitz said. "I tried putting the moves on Rarity, you know. She kicked me in the face."

"Rarity is certainly a classy lady," Elusive said. "I wonder if she'd be offended if I designed a gown for her..."


"This is certainly more fun than the Grand Galloping Gala, isn't it?" Princess Celestia asked, as she took the last slice of cake.

"Assuredly," Prince Solaris said. "Nopony got to have any of the cake at our gala, after Elusive picked up Princess Bluebelle and threw her into it."

"Did I ever mention how glad I am that I missed that gala?" Artemis asked.

"You're not fooling anypony," Solaris said. "I'm sure you would have loved seeing that."

"It did sound like an entertaining rampage," Artemis allowed.

The royal conversation was interrupted, when Rainbow Dash came up to the group. "Um...Princess Celestia?" Rainbow asked. "Can I talk to you for a sec?"

"Hello, Rainbow Dash," Celestia said. "What can I do for you?"

"Well...it's about the Wonderbolts Tryouts," Rainbow Dash said. "I made the tryouts here in the Stallion Universe, but not in our home. Do you think they'll still let me join the training program?"

"Most likely not," Solaris said.

"I'll tell you what, though," Princess Celestia said. "I'll help you submit an application to the Wonderbolts Training Academy."

"But I already did that, like, a year ago!" Rainbow Dash said. "Their waiting list is super long!"

Celestia leaned in towards Rainbow Dash. "I think I can make sure your application goes up to the top of the waiting list," she whispered.

"Really?" Rainbow Dash asked. "That's so awesome! Thank you! Thank you!"


Not everypony was enjoying the party. The two shyest ponies were grouped together, and neither of them liked it very much. Whenever their teal eyes met each other, they instantly shied away.

"So..." Fluttershy said eventually. "Do you like...animals?"

"Yes," Butterscotch said.

"Me, too," Fluttershy said.

She pawed the ground awkwardly, while Butterscotch focused his attention on the ceiling.

Pinkie Pie bounced over. "Hey, you two chatterboxes!" she said, pulling them both into a group hug. "Having a good time?"

"Oh...oh yes, this party is lovely," Fluttershy said.

"I...I'm enjoying it a lot," Butterscotch said.

"Great!" Pinkie said. "Let me know if you need anything! I'm the party host!"

Pinkie bounced away, and Butterscotch watched her go. He bit his lower lip. "Pinkie is...nice," he said.

"She's a good friend," Fluttershy agreed.

"I like her," Butterscotch said.

"Me too," Fluttershy said.

The two of them were silent until Bubble Berry popped out of Fluttershy's mane (causing the yellow mare to shriek in surprise). Bubble leaned in towards Butterscotch, a suspicious look on his face.

"Did I just see you hugging my sister?" Bubble asked.

"N-no!" Butterscotch said. "She—she hugged me!"

"I said you could make friends with her, not touch her!" Bubble Berry said. "If you even think about putting the moves on my sister, I am going to—"

"Hey!" Pinkie Pie said, popping out of Bubble Berry's mane. "Are you threatening my Butter Buddy?"

"No! Well, maybe!" Bubble Berry said.

Pinkie did a backflip off of Bubble's back and landed on the ground, so she could glare directly at her colt self.

"I just don't want him to hurt your feelings!" Bubble Berry said. "I mean, look at him! He's obviously a mare chaser! He's got the 'strong and silent colt' thing down pat!"

"Nuh uh!" Pinkie said, poking Bubble with her hoof. "He's just shy, and you're not helping!"

"Um...I can go away now, if that's okay..." Butterscotch said, shrinking backwards.

"Yes!" Bubble said.

"No!" Pinkie said at the same time.

The two pink ponies began arguing with each other, while Butterscotch and Fluttershy discreetly went somewhere else. The argument lasted for five minutes, and it ended with both of them in tears, hugging each other for dear life.

"I'm so sorry!" Pinkie Pie said. "I'll never yell at you again!"

"I'll never make fun of your weight again!" Bubble Berry said. "Besides, I'm way fatter than you!"

"You got that right, Tubby!" Pinkie Pie said.

Bubble Berry bounced once. "I'm so glad we're best friends again!" he said. "Want to get some cake to celebrate?"

"I think Princess Celestia and Prince Solaris ate it all," Pinkie said.

"What? No way!" Bubble Berry said. "I baked a lot of cake!"


Applejack shook her head, as she saw Big Macintosh chatting away with Red Gala. She hadn't seen her brother talk so much since...well, for a long time. Applejack turned to the right, when Twilight Sparkle popped up in front of her.

"Ack!" Applejack said.

"Hey, Applejack!" Twilight said quickly. "Don't go here!"

"Huh?" Applejack asked.

"You really don't want to go here!" Twilight said, trying to block Applejack with her body. "Let's just move on and—"

"What are you trying to—?" Applejack asked, as she tried to peer over Twilight. Over Twilight's back, Applejack got a good look at the corner of the room. Even though it was somewhat obscured by shadows, anypony could clearly see that Rainbow Dash was busy kissing the male Applejack.

"WHAAAAAA?" Applejack shouted. She quickly shoved her way past Twilight "OH, HAY NO!"

Rainbow Dash and Applejack broke off the kiss and looked at the disturbance. Rainbow Dash paled when she saw her angry friend.

"Gotta go now, BYE!" Rainbow Dash said, taking to the air, where nopony could reach her. She flew directly towards the door.

"RAINBOW!" Applejack shouted.

"I'm on it!" Twilight said. She focused on her magic, particularly, her levitation spell. A purplish aura surrounded Rainbow Dash and dragged her back to the Applejacks.

"You're not getting away that easily," Twilight said.

"Thank you," Applejack said. "Now can somepony explain what's going on here?"

"Uh...Nope?" Male Applejack offered.

"Applejack and I kind of have...a thing together," Rainbow Dash said.

"A thing," Applejack said. "You have a thing fer an apple farming pony who looks like me, talks like me, and, oh, has the exact same name as me?!"

Rainbow Dash tried to hide behind Male Applejack. "Please don't kill me," she said.

Twilight stepped forward, in case her intervention would be needed. "Calm down, Applejack," she said.

Applejack took a deep breath, then loudly exhaled it through her nostrils.

"Hey, somepony call my name?" Rainbow Blitz asked, sticking his nose into the area.

"Ah caught our doubles here, kissing each other!" Applejack said.

"What?" Rainbow Blitz asked. He looked intently at Applejack and Rainbow Dash. "Applejack kissed Mare Me? That's gross, dude!"

"Ah didn't kiss her 'cause she's you!" Applejack protested. "Ah kissed her 'cause she's the purdiest, nicest, most considerate—"

"Totally doesn't sound like me," Rainbow Blitz interrupted. "I think he's lying."

"Ah agree!" Applejack said. "They're obviously up ta somethin'!"

"I disagree," Twilight Sparkle said. "They must like each other. Why else would they be kissing for so long?"

"Twi, no offense, but this here is a personal matter between the Applejacks and Rainbows," Applejack said. "We'll take care of it from here."

Twilight frowned and walked away, as Male Applejack started talking about how love knows no bounds, while the two Rainbows began growling at each other.

The lavender pony shook her head. She was so glad that she made the decision to forswear dating, so she could focus on her studies. Colts were nice in their way, but Twilight definitely had no intention of become one of those mindless stallion-chasers she had as roommates in college.

Twilight made her way around the dance floor, when she spotted her double, sitting against a wall and looking forlorn.

"Dusk?" Twilight asked.

"Oh, hey, Twilight," Dusk Shine said, looking up. "How's it going?"

"You don't look so good," Twilight said. "What's wrong? Don't you like the party?"

"No, the party's fine, I guess." Dusk sighed and got up from the ground. "It's just...it's kind of hard to explain."

"Let me guess," Twilight said. "You're sad, because you don't want to see me and my friends leave."

"Exactly!" Dusk Shine said. "How did you know—oh, right. You're me."

Twilight giggled a bit. "I know exactly how you feel," she said. "I'm going to miss you a lot, too."

"It feels like we didn't get any real time to spend together," Dusk Shine said. "I mean, there's so much for us to talk about! I want to know everything there is about you and the mare universe! I bet the magical theories you mares have are totally different than ours!"

"I know!" Twilight said. "I mean, you said that Eris has been released three times, when Discord was only released twice in our world. I want to know why!"

"Rainbow Dash has been here for a week, but you've only been here for, what, two hours, tops?" Dusk said. He pawed the ground angrily. "It stinks that you're here for such a short amount of time."

"Hey, don't be upset!" Twilight said. "I'm sure we can stay in contact after I go back to my universe! I can try sending you a letter and—"

Dusk Shine's ears flattened, as he frowned. "It won't work," he said. "I spent the last three days, researching other dimensions for Rainbow. I didn't make any progress at all."

"Oh," Twilight said. "But maybe...what do you mean, no progress?"

"The most I've done is send a letter to another dimension," Dusk said. "And even then, it didn't work, because I never got any response. My letter must not have gotten through."

"Hey, that's just one failure," Twilight said. "You have to keep trying! And don't forget, I'll help, too! With both of us working together, I'm sure we can get a solution!"

"That's the problem, though," Dusk said. "We won't be working together. And unless we both find the same solution, all our communication will be one-sided."

Twilight leaned forward and nuzzled Dusk Shine. "We can worry about that later, okay?" she said. "Let's enjoy the party while we still can."


Dusk Shine's mood lightened a bit, but it went back down again, once the party ended and Princess Celestia announced that they were leaving.

Tears and hugs were shared, as our pony friends said their last goodbyes. As it turned out, Pinkie Pie wanted to leave the least out of the entire group. She didn't like the prospect of leaving all of her new friends behind, so she lingered more than anypony else.

"Pinkie, it's time already!" Twilight said, when she and Pinkie were the last ones left. "Are you ready to go or not?"

"Uh huh!" Pinkie said. "Let's go back—wait, no! I forgot something!"

Pinkie ran over to the yellow pegasus colt. "I'll especially miss you, Butterscotch!" she said.

"R-really?" Butterscotch asked.

Pinkie Pie was a silly pony at most times, but she wasn't stupid. She knew that Butterscotch had a small crush on her. And since he was basically the same as Fluttershy, Pinkie had no qualms with helping him out.

"You're the kindest colt I've ever met," Pinkie Pie said. "I hope you can find a nice marefriend someday."

She kissed him on the cheek. Butterscotch immediately turned a darker shade of red than Big Macintosh.

"Guh...gah...uh..." Butterscotch said.

"Bye!" Pinkie Pie said. She turned around and walked away.

"YAHOOOOOOOOO!" a voice shouted from behind her.

Pinkie Pie smiled to herself as she trotted out the door with Twilight.