• Published 8th Dec 2012
  • 700 Views, 17 Comments

My Little Reflection - Skyward Gaze



Pinkie finds that there may be some pony trapped in the Mirror Pool Cavern. can she rescue them?

  • ...
1
 17
 700

chapter 3

“What do you think your doing!” Twilight exclaimed. “We cant risk unleashing another pinkie swarm!” Pinkie curled up preparing for a stern lecture, while Rarity began fidgeting not knowing weather to defend her friend, support Twilight, or simply slink away back to her boutique. Spike began to climb back into Rarity's bag when Twilight began levitating him back to her against his will.

“Whoa whoa whoa!” spike cried as he desperately as he made swimming motions in a final attempt of escape.

“And you mister!” Twilight lectured. “Just where do you think your going!” Spike nervously swallowed, and began to sputter half baked excuses but Twilight was not buying any of them. “You were supposed to bring the books the princess sent me. I waited, and waited, until I got worried and came searching for you!” Twilight recalled aloud. “And what do I find? I find my books left in the middle of the street all trotted upon, and scuffed! I have never known you to mistreat a book like that Spike! What do you have to say for yourself?” The baby dragon could only let out a small whimper as he dangled helplessly in the air before the enraged mare. Just then before Twilight could continue there came a dull thud.

“What was that?” Rarity asked both as a distraction to draw Twilight's attention from spike, and out of her own curiosity. Then there was another thud.

“That's it” Pinkie shouted as she sprang up off of the ground. Twilight finally took her piercing eyes off of spike and turned to face her pink friend. Her attention had successfully been diverted. So much so that she completely forgot about Spike, and had released him to free fall into some bushes producing a loud crack of a breaking branch, and a groaning dragon.

“That's what Pinkie?” Twilight asked completely ignoring the disobedient assistant she had carelessly cast aside.

“Its the a knock knock knocking that I was trying to tell you about earlier!” Pinkie exploded. “Doesn't any pony ever listen!”

The thuds continued at a steady pace. Each one just as dull as the others, rhythmically pounding away as if it were an amplified pulse.

“Its coming from under the boulder.” Pinkie explained. “That's why I wanted you guys to come help me figure out who Is down there and see if they need any help! I mean we all know there is no other way in or out of the cavern except by moving this rock, so whoever is down there must be trapped.”

“Maybe it's a ghost?” a battered Spike added with a stutter.

“No spike.” Twilight replied. “There is no such thing as ghosts.”

“How do you know if its not a ghost?” Pinkie blurted out. Then Spike began to shiver. “Don't worry Spike I'm pretty sure its going to be a friendly ghost. I mean really if it was a meanie pants ghost it would be moaning like this.” Pinkie proceed to put her hooves to her mouth, and let out a silly moaning sound.

Spike stopped shaking and said with a laugh. “Well then, what have we got to worry about.”

“There is no such thing as ghosts!” Twilight then repeated. “Ill open up the cavern and prove it!” and just like that Twilight's horn began to glow, and with a nod of the head she cast the boulder out of the way hurling it into the bushes. The crash of the might boulder caused alarm for all the nearby animals sending them darting in all different directions out of fear. “Now go on spike. Go down, and see that there is no ghosts.” Twilight said confidently.

Spike peered down into the cave nervously. He had a fear lurking in his gut that both of his friends were wrong and there could be an angry ghost that is not looking to make new friends. Maybe the ghost was looking for lunch instead. Spike froze and place for a moment before the darkness. What if.... he wondered. What if there is more than one angry hungry ghost down there!

“Oh of course you will need some light Dear to make sure you don't fall and get all dirty.” Rarity added as she levitated a lantern from her bag into spikes claws.

“Its OK really.” spike began, attempting to formulate a way to avoid facing his fears. “I agree with Twilight there is no way there are any ghosts down there so I don't think there is any reason for me to go looking for something that is not real.”

Upon hearing his words Twilight smirked. Finally some pony for once trusted logic, and reason. Then Pinkie sprang up and began pushing Spike into the mouth of the cavern. “Well then you wouldn't mind going down there for us and telling whoever is down there knocking that the way is clear to come back out.” Spike planted his feat but it was of no use. The energetic Pinkie simply continued to slide him. He opened his mouth to argue but before he knew it he was swallowed up in darkness, and he no longer felt anything beneath his feet. He had been pushed right off of an edge and fell deeper within the cavern with a scream.

Pinkie returned from the mouth of the cave, and put an arm around Twilight and said “Thanks for coming out hear and helping us move that boulder even though you said you didn't think it was a good idea.” Just then Twilight's confident look melted away as her eyes widened. “Without you we would have never been able to move it. You are a true friend.”

Comments ( 6 )
Comment posted by Skyward Gaze deleted Jul 18th, 2013
Comment posted by reader238 deleted Jul 18th, 2013
Comment posted by Skyward Gaze deleted Jul 18th, 2013
Comment posted by reader238 deleted Jul 18th, 2013
Comment posted by Skyward Gaze deleted Jul 18th, 2013
Comment posted by Skyward Gaze deleted Apr 10th, 2013
Login or register to comment