• Published 5th Dec 2012
  • 1,521 Views, 19 Comments

Fall Of Equestria - Pinkamena666

  • ...
6
 19
 1,521

INTERLUDE: Malice

93 Years Ago...

A peach-colored young mare with yellow hair, around 10 years old, ran into the living room and jumped onto her sister, who was laying on the couch. She let out an "oof".

"Blossom..." said the mare. "What are you..."

"Can we play a game, sis?" asked Blossom. "Pleeeeaaase..."

The mare let out a long sigh. "Fine. What would you like to play?"

"Hide And Seek."

Her sister stared at her for a few seconds.

"Go hide." she finally said.

Blossom let out a gleeful squeal and took off. The mare rolled over.

"1... 2... 3... 4..."

Blossom ran into her bedroom and looked around.

"No... Too obvious."

She ran back out into the hallway.

"11... 12... 13..."

Blossom arrived in the storage room. She looked around the room, her eyes resting on a trunk. The lock had been broken for a couple years now, so there was no danger of getting locked in.

"Perfect..." she said with a smile.

"20! Ready or not... here I come!" the mare called out, getting up from the couch.

She checked all of downstairs, which included Blossom's bedroom and the bathroom. She then made her way upstairs and checked all the rooms.

Blossom covered her mouth when she heard her sister enter the room. She could hear the mare checking behind boxes and whatnot. She then approached the chest and tried to open it. It wouldn't.

"That's odd." said the mare. "Thought the lock was broken."

Blossom let out a gasp

"Girls!" yelled their mother's voice. "Time for dinner!"

"Coming!" the mare yelled back, running out of the room.

"H-Hey!" yelled Blossom. "Get me outta here!"

The mare sat down at the kitchen table.

"Where's Blossom?" asked the mother.

"Not sure. We were playing Hide And Seek, and..."

"Well, I'm sure she'll come out when she gets hungry."

Blossom continued banging on the chest.

"PLEASE!!!" she cried. SOMEPONY HELP!"

She started to panic, looking around for anything that may be useful. Nothing in the trunk but her. She let out a cry of fear and started kicking frantically.

"NO!!!" she wailed.

"Mom?" asked the mare. "Did you get the lock fixed on that trunk upstairs?"

"The one in the storage room? No. It's still broken, why?"

"Couldn't get it open."


3 Days Later...

The mother lay in her bed, crying. The older sister stood in the doorway.

"Lilly?" asked the mother.

"I'm here, mom."

The mother hesitated. "Where could she have gone?"

"I don't--"

"Why weren't you watching her?"

Lilly stared at her mother, taken aback by her comment. "Wh... What?"

"You were supposed to be watching her!" the mother cried. "This is your fault!"

Blossom lay still in the chest. Her throat dry from the depravity of water. Her breaths came out in wheezes.

"This is all your fault!" she heard her mother yell at her sister.

"S... Sis..." she wheezed, a tear falling from her eye. "It's... not your... fault..."

Her eyes closed as she let out her last gasp for air.


Blossom opened her eyes and sat up. She looked around and let out a yell of fright. She was in some fiery world with black ponies trotting about.

"Wh... What's going on?" she thought aloud.

"You're in the Netherworld." said a voice. Blossom looked over her shoulder. "The Realm Of Demons... Welcome."

"D... Demons?" asked Blossom.

The mare nodded. "Look at yourself."

A gothic mirror appear in front of blossom, blocking her view from the mare. She saw that she, herself, had changed. Her skin was now black and her hair was gray. Her eyes had also become red.

"Wh-What?!" yelled Blossom in surprise.

The mirror shattered and disappeared. The mare was gone. Blossom suddenly felt a hoof on her back.

"You're dead, kid." said the mare.

Blossom let out a gasp. "Mom... Sis... Gone... Alone..." She started crying.

The mare knelt down next to her. "You're one of the youngest Demons in this realm..." she said, almost thought-like. She let out a sigh. "Listen, uh..."

"Blossom."

"Blossom. How would you like to live with me?"

Blossom hesitated before filling up with what was left of her happiness.

"You... You mean it?"

The mare nodded. "But, you're gonna need a new name. Ponies usually change their name when they become a Demon."

"Change it? To what?"

The mare thought for a second. "For some reason... the word 'malice' has always been one of my favorites."

"Malice?"

The mare nodded. "I like it... Malice..."

Blossom thought for a second. "O... Okay... Malice it is."

She seemed uncertain by this. The mare stood up.

"Don't worry, Malice." she said. "You'll get used to it."

Blossom rubbed the tears from her eyes and nodded. The mare started to trot away.

"So..." said Blossom, standing up and following the mare. "What's your name?"

The mare looked down at her. "I'm Kyra."