• Published 5th Dec 2012
  • 1,519 Views, 19 Comments

Fall Of Equestria - Pinkamena666

  • ...
6
 19
 1,519

An Unexpected Love

2012, Present Day

Kyra, a red mare with long black hair, sat at a stone table in a stone chair. Her head was resting on her hoof which was resting on the table. She was tapping the table with her other hoof. A sigh of boredom escaped her mouth. She was in a large, circular, black-stone room. There were stairs at the edge of the room that spiraled downwards. A bed on the opposite side. There was an archway between the stairs and her bed that led outside to a balcony. The balcony circled the room on the outside, giving Kyra a view of every direction. The land outside was heavily tinted with the color red as if the land itself were on fire.

The red mare was thinking about the past...


Amber couldn't keep her eyes open any longer. The heat was burning them.

"Any... thing... Just... please... Help me..."

"Excellent." echoed the voice.

Amber was suddenly struck with an invisible force. A strange new energy coursed through her body, causing her great pain. She let out a yell as black smoke shot from her eyes and mouth. A burst of black smoke erupted from her, causing the shack to explode. The blast sent wooden shards in every direction. Amber sat up and let out a loud gasp for air. Her skin had changed from a light red to a dark red. Her hair was longer blue, but black. And her eyes, red. She looked around. She saw her sister unconscious and trotted over to her. She then looked to the right and saw the three colts who bullied her. Her eyes narrowed as she trotted towards them. They stared at her, wide-eyed in fear as she got closer.


Their screams of pain echoed in her head as she stood up and headed outside on the balcony. She looked out over her land of Demons. The land itself looked as though it was falling apart. Large portions seemed missing, leaving only narrow walkways in some parts. Some walkways were merely bridges and some of the sections of solid land were merely floating rock islands. Boiling lava and fire burned below. Black ponies trotted about. The Demon Ponies that inhabited this world.

Kyra heard a noise behind behind her.

"That you, Deva?" she asked, sounding either depressed or lost in thought.

"You always manage to impress me." said a gray mare, smiling deviously.

She trotted up next to her and rested her forelegs on the railing. She looked almost exactly like Kyra but with a shorter mane and tail.

"Everything okay?" asked Kyra.

"Yeah. Nopony's looking to take you on, Kyra. They're all afraid."

"Good... Good... And you?"

"Me?" asked Deva.

Yeah." said Kyra. She looked at the gray mare. "You."

"I have no reason to be... Do I?"

Kyra smiled deviously. "No, I guess not." she said, looking out at the land again. "So long as you do what you're supposed to."

"My loyalty lies with you, Kyra." she said. "I have no intention of turning against you."

"Happy to hear that, Deva. But, I am worried about your sister."

"Amante?" asked Deva.

Kyra nodded. "She just became an Elite not too long ago, and I think it's going to her head."

"Not sure about that, but... If it makes you feel any better, I'll keep an eye on her."

"That'd be helpful, thanks." said Kyra. "How is she doing in that place I made for her?"

"Her, uh... fun... house?" asked Deva. "She's, uh... having fun."

"Good. That should keep her mischievousness to a limited location... Don't want a repeat of last time."

"You mean when she... had her way with a group of--"

"Yes, Deva. I remember it well."

The gray Demon nodded. "So... How's your project coming?"

"It's going well, actually." said Kyra, turning and heading back inside. "I should now be able to cross realms."

"Are you gonna try it?" asked Deva, following her.

"Of course." said Kyra, turning to face her. "Right now."

"Right now?"

Kyra nodded. "Keep an eye on things for me while I'm gone."

"Oh, you don't have to worry about that." said Deva. "I got ya covered."

"Right, then... See ya later..."

Kyra concentrated until her eyes turned red and she burst into a cloud of black smoke that soon disappeared.


Kyra suddenly appeared in an alley and looked around.

"Wood and brick." she said. She ran he hoof across the side of the building. "I'm in the right place."

She slowly crept to the edge of the alley and peered out. A colorful assortment of ponies walked by, going about their business. There were homes and businesses everywhere, but one caught her eye. The one across the street. Sugarcube Corner. She left the alley and nonchalantly trotted up to Sugarcube Corner. Once there, she opened the door and entered. She was suddenly filled with disgust at all the cheery and frilly decor, along with the depictions of sweets. Just then a mare trotted up to her. She was a magenta mare with purple and pink hair.

"Can I help you?" she asked.

"I'm new in town." said Kyra. "Looking for a place to stay. Know any?"

"Sorry, no."

Kyra looked around. "Nice place you got here. You here alone?"

"No." said the mare. "My big sis and I run this place ever since the Cakes moved away."

"I see... And who's your sister?"

"Pinkamena Diane Pie. Why?"

Kyra eyed her. "Pinkamena?"

"Um... Yeah... Heard of her?"

Kyra hesitated before sitting down. "Is she around?"

"She's... downstairs."

"Can you tel her I'd like to see her?"

The mare hesitated before heading to the basement stairs. "If you want."

The mare disappeared for a few seconds before approaching hoofsteps could be heard. Kyra watched the spot where the mare had gone when she suddenly saw a pink mare with long magenta hair appear. She headed towards the table that Kyra was at. The other mare appeared, too, and trotted over as well.

"My sister said you wanted to see me?" she said questioningly.

Kyra smiled. "Hello, Pinkamena. So... this is what you look like." she said, looking Pinkamena up and down. The pink mare stared at her, confused. "You have the look of a killer but your home is... sad."

"Killer?" asked Pinkamena. "I don't know what you're--"

Kyra's eyes flashed red and Pinkamena shut up. The red mare stood up.

"I know who you really are, Pinkie... " said Kyra, staring her down. "I know what you do. Stop lying to me."

Pinkamena's half-smile faded into a frown and her eyes became narrow. "Who are you?"

"Me?" asked Kyra. "I'm the one that goes bump in the night."

"You say you know who I am and what I do... So, why shouldn't I kill you right now?"

Kyra grinned. "Go ahead and try it."

Pinkamena hesitated before pulling her knife from her mane and lunging at Kyra. She swung the knife but, to her surprise, hit thin air. She looked around the room. Kyra had vanished. Just then she heard a chilling laugh.

"You'll have to do much better than that, mortal." said Kyra.

Pinkamena whipped around to see Kyra leaning against the counter.

"How'd you do that?" asked the pink mare. "And why'd you refer to me as 'mortal'?"

"Don't you know what I am?" asked Kyra. "I'm a Demon Pony-- Well... Actually, the leader of the Demon Ponies."

"Demons?" asked Pinkamena and Cherry in unison.

Kyra suddenly appeared directly in front of them. "Yes. Demon."

Cherry stared. "That... was... cool!"

"That's nothing."

"So, what do you want?" asked Pinkamena.

"A place to stay while I'm in town." said Kyra.

"You can have the Cakes' old room?" said Cherry questioningly.

"Fine." said the pink mare. "Up the stairs. To the left... Last door on the right."

"Thank you." said Kyra. "Now, what do you mortals do for fun?"

"Weren't you ever a mortal, uh..." said Cherry.

"Kyra. And I haven't been in this realm in a little over a thousand years."

"A thousand years?" asked Pinkamena. "Did you see the conflict between the princesses?"

"No, I died 3 years before that even--"

Just then the door opened and Rainbow Dash dashed in. She skidded to a stop when she saw Kyra and the knife that Pinkamena had. The mare's angry face said it all.

"Oh, my goddess. she said, stunned.

She then turned to dart away but was grabbed by an invisible forced and slammed face-first into the wall. She was thun spun around and found herself face to face with the red mare.

"Please, don't hurt me." pleaded Dash. "I-I won't tell anypony."

"Oh, I know you won't." said Kyra.

"P-Please... I just came to find help. There's been an accident!"

Kyra stared at her. "What kind of accident."

"My friend, Twilight Sparkle... I-I don't know what happened. We were coming back from the Everfree Forest when a tree collapsed, a-and... She's pinned."

"Pinned, huh?"

Dash nodded. "She doesn't have long. Please, help her." said Dash, tearing up.

Pinkamena trotted up beside Kyra. "It's okay. This is Rainbow Dash... She's a friend, Kyra."

The Demon let out a sigh as her eyes flashed red again.

"Tell nopony." she said.

"I-I promise." said Dash softly. "Just help Twilight."

Kyra stared in her eyes and suddenly felt... something. She wasn't quite sure what.

"Okay." she finally said, gently setting Rainbow Dash back on the floor.

The cyan mare hesitated before trotting out the door. Kyra followed her with Pinkamena and Cherry close behind.

"Something wrong, Kyra?" asked Cherry.

"What do you mean?"

"It's just... back there... when you had Rainbow Dash up against the wall... You had this... look."

Kyra eyed her and then Rainbow Dash. "I felt something. Something I haven't felt in a thousand years... Something my sister used to talk about..."

"Sister?"

"I don't remember her much. Only I saw her unconscious, but... after I took care of the bullies, I... I was sucked into the Netherworld."

"Netherworld?" asked Cherry.

"The Demon Realm. I only just gained the power to cross realms today. But... my sister's long dead, now... I miss her so much sometimes that it's hard to sleep. But, there's something inside me that makes me not seem to care as much as I used to."

"Wow... The life of a Demon." said Cherry. "Sure is a complicated one."

"Oh, you have no idea." She found herself staring at Rainbow's flank. She then let out a groan and looked away. "I'm the leader of the Demon Ponies. I shouldn't have these feelings."

"But, do you?"

Kyra looked back at Rainbow Dash. "Yes."

They finally arrived at the edge of the Everfree where the accident happened. Rainbow Dash ran to join the others. Kyra, Pinkamena, and Cherry trotted over. The Demon mare stood next to Twilight and knelt down. The purple mare looked up at her with half-open eyes.

"Wh... Who are you?" she asked weakly.

"I'm... gonna try to save you." said Kyra, taking a quick glance at Rainbow Dash.

She suddenly felt sorry for her, knowing full well that Twilight couldn't survive this and that she was not yet familiar with the Heal technique.

"Please..." said Twilight weakly.

Kyra lifted the tree, much to the shock of the others, and threw it to the side. Twilight let out a gasp for air. Kyra stood up and went over to Dash.

"Dash... I'm afraid she hasn't got long... I'm... sorry..."

Tears filled Dash's eyes. "No... There has to be something..."

"The Demons do have a healing technique, but... I've spent most of the time I had learning the Realm Vortex... I think you should use the time you have left to... to say good-bye."

Rainbow Dash nodded and went over to Twilight. She and the others gathered around her and knelt down. Dash took Twilight's hoof. Kyra rejoined Pinkamena and Cherry.

"This brings back... painful memories." she said.

"What kind of memories?" asked Cherry.

Kyra hesitated. "I wasn't always like this. I was normal, like you. One day I decide to visit my favorite place in town. This old, abandoned shack." Kyra smiled. "My parents would take me there when I was sad and said that... I could cry all I want and not have to worry about others seeing or hearing. Well... on my way out, I was attacked by these bullies. It resulted in the shack b... burning up. I saw my sister unconscious, but... I was too busy bent on revenge that, when I had killed those bullies... I was immediately sucked into the Netherworld. I had gotten my vengeance, and now it was time for me deliver on my end of the deal..." She looked over at Dash holding Twilight's hoof. "At least she gets to say good-bye..."

Twilight let out a gasp until her eyes closed, the last of her breath escaping through her mouth. Dash began to sob harder, as did the others. Kyra went over to Rainbow Dash and hesitantly put a hoof on her shoulder. The cyan mare instantly spun around and hugged her, sobbing. Kyra didn't know what to do. Her whole life, she dealt with anger, rage, and frustration... Now, she had a mare crying into her chest because her best friend had just died. She started to have that feeling again, and she wrapped her hooves around Dash, comforting her. Dash looked up into her eyes and Kyra stared back.

"I know what it feels like, Dash." said Kyra. "To lose somepony you care for." She gently patted the cyan mare on the back. "Ever need to talk... I'll listen."

Rainbow Dash smiled slightly. "Thank you." she sobbed, burying her face in Kyra's chest again.


Pinkamena, Cherry, and Kyra arrived back at Sugarcube Corner. The Demon Pony let out a yell and threw a chair into the wall.

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME?!" she yelled.

"Wh-What do you mean?" asked Cherry.

"I used to be ruthless! I would tear a pony's limbs off one by one! BUT, NOW??!!! NO!!! Something's happening to me. I-I-I-I-I... I'm starting to feel... To care..." She paused. "Rainbow Dash... That pegasus..."

"I think sh'es snapping." said Pinkamena, heading into the kitchen.

"What about Dash?" asked Cherry.

"I felt a connection..." said Kyra. "The same one my sister talked about."

"You mean..."

Kyra eyed her. "I... think... so..." She let out a sigh. "This just keeps getting better and better."

Just then there was a knock at the door as it slowly opened. Kyra and Cherry looked towards it as Rainbow Dash stepped in.

"Um..." she said somewhat nervously. "Can... Can we... hang out?" she asked Kyra. "I... I don't wanna be alone right now."

Kyra wanted to resist but something inside wouldn't let her. She nodded and turned to Cherry.

"Tell Pinkamena I'll be back later."

Cherry nodded. "All right."

Kyra turned to Rainbow Dash and followed her outside.


The two mares were seated at a wooden table. A unicorn mare came over and set down two smoothies on the table.

"What's this?" asked Kyra, taking her glass and looking inside.

"It's a smoothie." said Rainbow Dash, sounding upset.

Kyra slid the glass to the side. "So, uh... Silly question, but, uh... how are you--"

"Not good." said Dash. "Twilight was like my best friend... I just can't believe she's gone."

"Yeah, I'm, uh... sorry."

"Something wrong with you?" asked Dash.

"No, um... It's just that I've been a Demon Pony for a little more than a thousand years, and... I've grown unaccustomed to mortal emotions..." She looked Dash in the eye. "All but one."

"Which one?"

Kyra leaned back in her chair and looked away. It was about a second or two, which seemed like minutes, before she responded.

"You believe in love at first sight, Dash?" she asked.

"What, you mean you've found..." She stopped when Kyra looked at her. "Me?" The Demon continued to stare at her. "But... why m--"

"I don't-- I don't know..." Kyra interrupted. "I don't mean to come on so strong, but... like I said, this is new to me... And you just lost your--"

"No, it's..." said Dash. "It's fine, I... I'm just a little surprised."

"I know. You just lost your friend, and... I may be a Demon but even I know that it's too soon..."

Dash placed a hoof on Kyra's. "There's something I wanna show you."

"What?" asked Kyra.

"Follow me."


Kyra and Dash stood on a grassy hill at the edge of cliff. Below was a luscious valley with shimmering pools of water. Kyra stared in awe.

"I've never seen anything so..."

"Beautiful?" asked Dash. "I come here whenever I'm depressed. Always seems to cheer me up... except for today."

"We don't have things like this in the Netherworld." said Kyra. "Just fire and death."

Rainbow looked at her. The Demon's mane glistening in the sunlight.

Kyra looked at her. "What?"

"Nothing, it's just... You look..."

Kyra noticed her mane. "Oh. It does that sometimes. Happened all the time when I was growing up."

"Really? Were you happy growing up?"

"Yes..."

"So, it only happens when you're happy..."

"That makes sen--"

She was cut off when Dash leaned in and kissed her. She pulled away after a few seconds.

"Oh, uh... I-I'm sorry..." Dash apologized. "I wasn't--"

This time, Kyra was the one to initiate a kiss. Dash went wide-eyed, before closing her eyes and leaning into the kiss. They soon parted.

"So, that's what it feels like." said Kyra.

Dash smiled. "Yeah..."

Kyra thought for a second. "Dash... I'm gonna make you a promise... that I'm gonna do whatever it takes to bring your friend back."

"T... Twilight? You can bring her back?"

"There's a skill we Demons know that can revive the dead. I, myself, have not practiced it... but, if you give me time... I promise you... you will see her again."

Dash smiled and hugged her. "Thank you."

Kyra closed her eyes and hugged back. "You're welcome."