• Published 5th Dec 2012
  • 1,511 Views, 19 Comments

Fall Of Equestria - Pinkamena666

  • ...
6
 19
 1,511

To The Netherworld

2012, 1 Week Later...

Rainbow Dash was knelt in front of a tombstone. She had been coming here for the past 6 days.
There was a flash of red behind her, lighting up the tombstone. Dash looked over shoulder and saw Kyra.

"Hey, Dash." she said, kneeling down net to the cyan mare.

"Kyra... Did you..."

The red mare nodded. "Took a bit longer than expected, but... I know what to do."

"Does this mean we can get Twilight back?" Dash asked, filling up with hope.

Kyra looked concerned. "Dash... This may be harder than I originally thought."

"What do you mean?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"In order for Resurrection to work on a pure soul like your friend's... one must be sacrificed in place of the deceased. Some pony you've met."

Dash stared at her in shock. "What?"

"Some pony has to die." Dash looked away. "However..." She looked back. "If I resurrect an evil soul, like one in the Netherworld, I wouldn't need a sacrifice. I could then sacrifice him to save your friend. Luckily there are a few Demons that are eligible."

"Then... let's go." said Dash, standing up.

Kyra stood up, too. "Hold on, Dash." she said. "The Netherworld is... dangerous... for mortals."

Dash leaned in and kissed Kyra, taking the red mare by surprise. The kiss lasted for a few more seconds until Dash pulled away slightly.

"Anywhere you go, I go." she said.

"Wh... Wha... You like me that much?"

"I've missed you these past six days." said Dash. "It was only yesterday when I realized... I really like you."

Kyra tilted her head slightly. "Why?"

"You were there for me when I needed somepony. You tried to help. Despite what you are, I can see the good in you."

"There's no good in me."

"If there was no good in you... you wouldn't be helping me."

Kyra looked away and sighed. "Because I wasn't always like this. I had a sister once. She was in love. Moonbeam... I think it was. I always wanted to know what the feeling was like. Only... I never did... I died in fire, screaming out for help, but... no pony came. Only a voice... offering freedom for servitude. I took the offer because... I wasn't ready to die. I then found myself, standing in the rubble, looking like this. My sister lay unconscious." Kyra shook her head. "That was the last time I saw her and my last day in this world... until a week ago..."

"If it's any help... I think you look pretty."

Kyra looked at her. "You do?"

Dash nodded. "That long, black hair..." she said, running a hoof through Kyra's mane. "shimmering in the light... Beautiful, and... pretty awesome."

"Thanks, Dashie." said Kyra.

"So..." said the pegasus slowly. "Can I come?"

Kyra hesitated. "I guess."

"Yay!" said Rainbow, hugging Kyra. She let go. "Come on. Let's go."

The Demon mare stood up. Her eyes glowed red. She reached a hoof out to Rainbow Dash. The cyan mare reached up and placed her hoof on Kyra's.

The world around them suddenly faded away and was replaced with a fiery world. Dash let out a scream and stood up, hugging Kyra. They were outside Kyra's Dark Tower.

"Relax, Dash." said the Demon. "You're safe with me."

Just then Deva dropped down in front of Kyra. Dash let out a yelp but then inhaled and tried to look like she wasn't afraid. Deva leaned in close and sniffed. The gray Demon then pulled back.

"A mortal, Kyra?" asked Deva. "Why haven't you fed off her yet?"

"Because she's a friend." said Kyra.

"A friend? You've befriended a mortal?"

"I can do whatever I please, Deva." said Kyra with a raised voice. "I am your master and you will do as I say."

Deva's eyes narrowed. "Fine. Have it your way..." said Deva, her wings shooting out from her sides. "...master." She took off at an extremely fast speed.

"She... She just... grew wings and... took off..." said Dash, staring.

"Elites have a monstrous form that features wings, sharp teeth... It varies, depending on the Demon." explained Kyra. "And we Elites can access certain features without having to change."

"So, you can fly, too?"

"Yes." said Kyra. She looked around. "Now, we need to find a Demon we can use to bring your friend back."

"Any ideas where to look?"

"As a matter of fact, I do." said Kyra. "Follow me."

The two mares continued walking for about a few minutes before Dash noticed a small Demon following her.

"Uh, Kyra?" asked Dash as the small Demon trotted up beside her and looked up at her. "Wh..."

Kyra looked over. "Oh, that's Malice." she said. "Don't worry. She's harmless."

"Hi, there." said Malice. "Who are you?"

"I-I'm Rainbow Dash."

"Cool name."

"Thanks." said Dash.

Malice continued to look up at her. "I like your mane."

"Um... th--"

"And your tail." interrupted Malice.

"...ank--"

"Colorful." the Demon interrupted again.

"...you..." Dash finally finished.

"You're welcome. It's not every day I meet somepony new."

"H-How old are you?" asked Dash.

"Oh... Let's see... 111 years old."

Dash went wide-eyed. "One-hundred... and eleven?"

"Well, I've been dead for 93 of those years."

"You died... when you were eight?"

Malice nodded. "Yep."

Dash looked away and wiped a tear away. She looked back at Malice.

"H-How?" she asked.

"How'd I die?" asked Malice. "I locked myself in a trunk and died of hunger and thirst."

"That's awful."

"And that's not even the best part."

"Best part?"

Malice nodded. "The lock on the trunk was broken. Was never fixed."

"B... W... H... How did..." Dash stammered.

"I suspect foul play." said Kyra. "I believe it was one of my Demons, though I'm not sure which one."

"Why would somepony want to kill such an innocent foal?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"A Demon."


Deva landed outside a large, spiky structure. It was big enough to hold a small house inside. The Demon trotted up to the door and entered. She was now in a room about the size of an ordinary bedroom. A hallway in front of her that led down and a hallway to the left which led straight into another room. The walls were spike-y and jagged. Deva waited for a second or two before a tall, skinny Demon came up the sloped hallway.

"Well, well, well... If it isn't thy sister." said the Demon.

"Can it, Amante." said Deva. "Something's come up."

"What troubles thee?"

"We were right." said Deva. "Kyra's not fit for leadership. She brought a mortal here, and I think they're friends."

Amante thought for a second. "Well, she's gonna love this. Is thou going to to tell her?"

Deva nodded. "If there's one pony I'm afraid of... it's her."