• Published 5th Dec 2012
  • 1,511 Views, 19 Comments

Fall Of Equestria - Pinkamena666

  • ...
6
 19
 1,511

A Contingency Plan / Refuge

The ponies of Ponyville had managed to escape the town when Viper flew Celestia to Canterlot. Twilight looked over her shoulder at Ponyville and Canterlot. The Dark Hold had consumed nearly half the planet already.

"This is terrible." said Twilight. "This is the worst thing that's ever happened."

Kyra looked around at the dead trees and plants.

"I can't believe this is happening." she said. "My sis used to be so nice." A tear came to her eye.

Dash put a hoof on her shoulder. Twilight looked back at Luna. The blue alicorn was at the back of the pack, head hung in sadness. The purple unicorn stopped moving until she was next to Luna.

"Don't worry, Luna." she said. "We'll find a way to make things right."

"I hope so." the alicorn said sadly. "I just want us to be together."

"I'm sorry this happened."

Luna closed her eyes and shook her head. "It was not your fault, Twilight Sparkle. You didn't die on purpose."

"What does that have... to..." Twilight stopped and thought. "Hold on a second."

"What is it?"

"I'll be back." she said, running back up to the front where Kyra and Dash were. "Rainbow! Kyra!"

The two looked back.

"Yes, Twilight?" asked Kyra.

"How'd I come back?"

"Well, we went to Kyra's home realm..." said Dash.

"Home realm?"

"The Netherworld." said Kyra.

"So, how'd you bring me back?"

"We had to find a Demon to resurrect and sacrifice." said Dash.

"And how'd you find the Demon?"

"We went to Amante's Dungeon." said Kyra. "What's this all ab--"

"Amante?" Twilight interrupted. "Who's that?"

"Sister of Deva, my faithful assistant-- Why, again?"

"Amante and Deva..." said Twilight, thinking aloud. "Sisters... I died in an accident... Amante had the Demon you needed... Viper needed me to get to Luna... so she could... take over..." She stopped. "Oh..."

"What is it?" asked Kyra.

"Amante and Deva are working with Viper. This whole time."

"What are y--"

"They know each other!" said Twilight, excited she figured it out.


Viper stood on the balcony of the tallest tower of Canterlot Castle; her new throne room.

"Viper." said a voice from behind.

The Demon closed her eyes. "Yes, Deva?"

"Everything's in place... just like you said."

Viper grinned. "Of course it is." She paused. "Is your sister doing her job as well?"

"Of course."

"Good. Your loyalty continues to impress me, Deva."

"Thank you, Viper."

Viper watched as Demon ponies flew by. Fires burned across the land. It looked like the Netherworld had migrated into the Realm Of Mortals. Viper turned from the balcony and trotted back inside.

"We need a contingency plan." she said.

"A contingency plan?" asked Deva. "But... we've won--"

Viper zipped in front of Deva, causing the mare to stop short. Her eyes, narrowed.

"My sister's with them." she said. "Do not underestimate her." She paused. "We've won nothing as long as she's with the others."

"So... this contingency plan?"

Viper smiled and trotted to the balcony again. Deva followed. Viper pointed towards the Canterlot Sculpture Garden.

"What do you see?" she asked.

Deva followed Viper's hoof, to the spot where she was pointing. "Discord?" She turned back to Viper. "You want to release Discord?"

Viper smirked. "No, Deva." she said, lowering her hoof. "But he did have daughter, did he not? His little Spawn Of Chaos?"

Deva thought for a second, remembering all the stuff she saw happen in this realm.

"Screwball?"

Viper put a hoof on Deva's shoulder. "Find me Screwball. She could be of great use to me."

Deva nodded. "Of course, Viper."

She turned and left, leaving Viper alone on the balcony. The Demon looked over her new dominion with an evil smile.


"Right here, everypony!" yelled Twilight, entering a cave. "We can rest here!"

All the ponies in Ponyville began entering the cave. Aloe and Lotus trotted passed Twilight. They were holding each other and crying. The unicorn trotted up to them.

"You okay, girls?" she asked.

Aloe looked at Twilight with tear-filled eyes. "O-Our spa. It's gone." she cried. "It was all that was left of our parents."

"Oh..." said Twilight.

"Now, we have nothing."

Twilight hugged them. "We'll get through this. And afterwords, I'll help you rebuild it. Just the way it was."

"Y-You mean it?" asked Lotus.

Twilight nodded. "It may take some time, but... yeah."

"Thank you, Twilight." said Lotus.

Twilight smiled and broke the hug. The two smiled back and trotted off. Twilight looked towards the cave entrance and saw a violet foal with purple hair and a propeller-cap sitting there, staring outside.

Kyra trotted up to Twilight.

"That was a nice thing you just did, Twilight." she said.

"Yeah, well... Aloe and Lotus are sweet... Seeing them sad makes me sad." She motioned towards the entrance. "Who's that?"

Kyra looked. "Oh. That's Screwball. She sure is a mystery."

Twilight hesitated before trotting up to the foal.

"Hello?" she asked.

"Have you seen the chaos outside?" asked the foal, showing no emotion.

"Um... Yes..."

"So much chaos..."

"You okay?" asked Twilight.

"Daddy would be proud."

Twilight backed away. "Right... Well... I'll just be... going." She turned and trotted back to Kyra.

Screwball kept staring outside.

"I miss you, daddy."