• Published 10th Jan 2012
  • 2,988 Views, 60 Comments

Chronicles of an Unknown World - The Awakening - Blue Blaze {COMET}



Twilight and Applejack find a strange meteor that crash lands into Sweet Apple Acres. Soon after, Ponyville suffers from a great thunderstorm. Against all odds, Twilight must survive the end of the world and save Equestria... with a human.

  • ...
17
 60
 2,988

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 7: Brash Instinct, Part 7

{*First-Person View, Main Character*}

"God fucking damn it, open up!"

My fists pounded on the cold steel of a bunker door. It was firmly shut, just as the ponies inside intended it to be. I already tried to turn the wheel attached to the door, but it was locked tightly from the other side. The metal barrier rattled and shook with every punch I gave it. I knew it was a meaningless effort, but I didn't care, because we absolutely needed to get inside. It was imperative for everyone's survival! I wasn't just going to stand by and let everyone die. I had to do something, and I had a plan to do that exact something. However, I couldn’t pull out the stunts if I was stuck behind some stupid pony's idea of safety!

"Well this bites." Rainbow Dash nonchalantly muttered behind me. She was flying in place, with her forehooves crossed. The cocky tomboy already tried opening the door, but no effect. I wasn't sure if the door was sound-proof or not, because I'm pretty sure they would have heard her voice otherwise.

I couldn't believe they could do this! I mean, they down right DEADLOCKED the door! No one would be able to get in! What if they forgot someone when the doctor rallied everyone to the hub? What would the poor soul do? Would he or she be locked out until their ultimate demise? What if several ponies were still locked out? This makes no sense! They just endangered their lives by making this decision! Not only because of my plan not able to work out at this point, but because if there were ponies trapped on the outside hall of the hub, they would be screwed over once the black hole suck up the building! This is bullshit! Why in the world would they want to do this? Wait, scratch that, I don’t even wanna THINK about why they would do this!

"Fuck…" I wheezed, giving up hope on ever opening the entrance. My body slumped to the ground, my arms pushed against the cold metal surface. This was it. I couldn't see a way past this. If Rainbow Dash, the pony who everyone respected and followed couldn't open this door, than no one could. It was a lost cause.

"Let me try again." the flying horse behind me offered.

"It's no use…" I replied, shaking my head in defeat. I could hear the majority of the building groan under the force of the black hole. The clock was ticking, and I had no way to progress.

Just then, I hear a sharp squeaking sound about me. I look up to see the door's wheel glowing with a certain purple light. There were vibrations and sounds of various mechanisms spinning and moving beyond the steel door. A few seconds later there was a loud click. I perked up, got to my feet and tried turning the wheel clockwise. It turned, the door unlocked! A large toothy grin grew across my face as I turned around, looking at the lavender unicorn that was lying in the stretcher a few feet behind me. Her horn stopped glowing, as if to acknowledge that her deed had been done. It looked to be that she was still unconscious, but at the same time was listening to our predicament. Rainbow Dash noticed what direction I was staring at and took a hint. She craned her head to gaze too at our saviour, who apparently dispute the barrier of sleep still managed to lend a hand.

I returned my focus back to turning the door wheel. I took care in handling the device, to make sure that anyone on the other side would not hear the squeak of the aging door handle. "Thank you, Twilight…" I muttered, my eyes getting blurry and wet. She saved us! She saved our only chance to get to safety! That's amazing! It seems that time and time again, when I need her she's there for me! Wow. Just wow. Well, I can't let her down! Not now. I have to pull through and do my best to save all these ponies!

All of the sudden, there was a ton of rattling behind me. The wheels of the stretcher clattered against the floor, something providing enough force to create the racket. I heard a sharp gasp and a flurry of wings.

"…Twilight?" I began, pivoting my hips to see what was going on. To my shock, the librarian was twitching frantically in her temporary bed. Her limbs flailed uncontrollably, her neck muscles flexing and her head twisting side to side. Her breath was quick and urgent, with her chest falling up and down all too quickly. A small amount of foam was appearing at the corner of her lips. She was groaning and snorting in her sleep, as if she was enduring some kind of invisible torture. Rainbow Dash was shouting at her while trying to hold her down to the stretcher so that she wouldn't fall off.

"Twilight!" I cried, leaping over to help try and stabilize her condition with Skittle hair. I held her torso and arms down while Rainbow took control of her legs. Despite my clear size and weight, strength and size advantage, I still had trouble keeping the mare stable under her invisible stress. It appeared that she was having a major, possibly fatal reaction to something! I thought back to when we narrowly escaped the medical ward and realized that she was acting alike to before, a possible sign that the black hole was growing in power again! We had no time to lose, I had to get through that door, find a doctor and save these ponies!

“Keep her down!” I ordered Rainbow, swiftly leaving the side of the stretcher before she could make a rebuttal. My long legs crossed the distance between Twilight and the door in mere moments. Grabbing on firmly, I twisted the door wheel as fast as I could. It showed a little resistance, maybe because of a lack of oil or something. Never the less, it didn’t take me more than five seconds to open the thing up. After it stopped spinning, I forcefully pushed the door open. Someone on the other side cried out in surprise after the cold steel slammed into it’s behind.

In front of me appeared to be a mare the size of Twilight, except with a white coat, a blonde messy mane, deep purple eyes and no horn. When she turned around, the utter bewilderment and unease it presented spoke more than mere words. She was just as scared of me as I was of it. Suddenly, to my horror, I realized just how much they wanted to keep me out of their gathering place. Not only did they lock the door and ignore my plea to let me in even though Rainbow Dash was out here as well, but they also posted a GUARD PONY right being the door just in case I managed to bust the door down. Thankfully, I didn’t need to do that, and instead had a super-elite hacker unicorn to unlock the door for me. All of their setup and preparation just screams their wish to murder me. They hate me so much that they don’t even want to see me ever again! They just want keep me out of their lives, and act as if I never happened or existed! The nerve!

She slowly backed away, her jaw moving up and down while her voice failed her. She was the one assigned to this specific door. She was the guard to keep me out. Thankfully, she was failing her job pretty badly.

Fuck this bitch.

“Get out of the way. We have wounded with us.” I demanded, my voice stoic. Despite her anxiety, she stood her ground, unmoving. We didn’t have time for this. I called Rainbow over and shuffled to the side of the hall, placing myself flat against the wall to let the two ponies pass. She rushed on through and lifted the stretcher over the small bump that was the metal doorframe. The surprise of the white mare extended even further when her eyes met the frantically moving being on said stretcher. Apparently Rainbow didn’t have any more patience either, because she didn’t slow down one bit before she ran down the white mare positioned smack dab in the center of the hall. The guard quickly squeezed herself against the left wall, making a squeak during her evasive maneuver. I rushed forward to stay close to Rainbow Dash, but not before slamming the door shut behind me and firmly turning the wheel back to the locking position. I was certain that Ms. Scaredy-Cat over here would, in fact, open the door if there was a pony still outside trying to get in now that we were in, so I saw no point in keeping the door open.

I trailed closely behind Rainbow as we traversed down the hall. In case anything happened, I wanted to have insurance, which in this case was my Pegasus escort. I was glad I made this decision when the corridor was suddenly filled with many ponies, all of different colours. Many of them didn’t notice us at first, because something caught their attention further down the hall where we could see the opening to the main hub area. I saw some of their ears flicker and twitch in reaction to the squeaking wheels of the stretcher. When they turned around, they pretty much had the same reaction as the white mare, except in a different order. They were shocked to see Twilight Sparkle injured and having a seizure, but even more so that a huge ape-like thing was following closely behind.

My heart began to race at the fact that all the ponies gazed me down with murderous intent.

“What’s HE doing here?” I heard a female voice call out. That brought more attention down the hall, directing more eyes to our location. You could cut the tension in the air with a knife.

"I thought that he ran off to lick his wounds!" another female voice taunted.

“This guy’s a no-good back-stabbing freak!” one gruff sounding stallion shouted out.

The insults of the ponies went from quiet murmurs to loud exclamations in a matter of seconds. The rage stricken visage of the various unicorns, Pegasi and others could be seen throughout the crowd, their eyes filled with dark intent and twisted thoughts, or so it seemed. Ponies in front of Rainbow that were previously getting out of the way were now purposely moving back in place to halt our advance. In fact, ponies in the hub were moving into our hall just to try and get a good jab at me! It made my stomach churn just to think about how much I’ve just screwed myself over.

My fingers clenched as I shuffled closer behind Rainbow Dash. I was conflicted on deciding between two feelings: fright and scorn. On one hand, these ponies are downright bastards, scoffing and calling me names. I heavily considered which ones I specifically wanted to save and which ones I DIDN’T. Some of them had such a cocky look on their face that I wanted to shove my fist right into their kisser. But even if I did that I was so outnumbered that I would get overwhelmed easily. Only a numbskull would even CONSIDER attempting a stunt like that.

Still, that red Pegasus in the back is asking for it…

The two of us jumped back when the threats became an uproar of activity. Ponies in front of us pushed down the hall, forcing us to move back. Nervously looking behind myself, I see the white mare that I gave the stare earlier. She didn’t look too happy with me. I had to put out my arms and stop Rainbow from bumping into me. It quickly occurred to me that we were sandwiched in the worst way possible. The path forward had an army of bloodthirsty horses waiting to tear me limb from limb, and the path backwards, although only guarded by a single being, would only lead us to the black hole’s eventual wrath as it tears the building down while I’m helpless to do anything about it.

Suddenly, there was a very loud and high-pitched whirling sound that rang through the metal corridor. It echoed, bouncing across the chrome surface of the hall. At first it had me confused as all hell. Who was making the noise all of the sudden? However, after a few seconds the note it held began to feel like a drill piercing my skull! I threw my hands over my ears, trying to block out the pain. A weakness befell on my knees and I collapsed to the ground. I pressed my palms harshly against the upper part of my ear, trying anything to keep the racket out of my head. For a moment, there was no hallway, there was no threat of immediate danger, there was just the utter pure pain of the disorienting screech. It was hard to think without having my thoughts scrambled up directly after. The interference with my brain waves rendered me helpless.

It seemed like forever, but I realized that the sound eventually stopped. I removed my hands from the sides of my heads to find out that they were shaking. Badly. In fact, it seemed like a lot of my muscles had some kind of overreaction to the whirling scream. My lower thighs twitched uncontrollably, my wrists felt numb and my toes were stuck extended, cramped up and frozen in position. I was clammy, my cold skin mixing with a large amount of sweat. I felt all my blood rush to my head for some strange reason, my face filling with heat. My chest finally relaxed and I released a breath I hadn’t realized I was holding. Getting a grip, I rolled on to my stomach and prepared to get up when I realized that everyone around me was grounded too. All the ponies around me laid unmoving on the ground, their eyes closed and their expressions empty. I looked beside me to see Rainbow Dash knocked out. Even Twilight, who previously was in a fit of movement was down for the count again.

My eyes were abruptly attracted to a green light down the hall. It glowed in the center of the hub with a certain brilliance for a second before dimming quickly and disappearing altogether. My eyes had to switch gears again and I found myself temporary blind. Next thing I knew, there was a moan beside me. My ears flexed in reaction and I looked to my right side. The cyan Pegasus was stirring from her sleep and appeared to be waking up from the shrill ringing that left all of the ponies momentarily unconscious. More groans and sounds of pain could be heard down the hall. Slowly but surely, everyone was waking up at the same time.

I took the moment to get to my feet. With one knee planted on the ground, I pushed up with my legs and tried to get steady. I had trouble finding my balance, and my calves were surprisingly weak still from my temporary incapacitation. An all too familiar soreness sprouted from my right knee joint. I had my worries for a second or two, but bit on my lip and tried to ignore the pain as much as I could. Staring down the hall it occurred to me that there was still one pony standing above all the others. Whoever this personality was, he or she had the strength and ability to withstand the waves of the sound! What power! The question was, who exactly was it? I took a few shaky steps forward and squinted, trying to see what kind of a mortal could withstand such a blow.

To my amazement, I found myself staring at a familiar brown coat with a chestnut mane and an hourglass cutie mark. His legs were locked in place, his posture strong and his gaze looking directly into my own. He stood, unmoving except for his thoughts darting around behind his eyes. This crazy nutcase was thinking and planning at a hundred miles per minute, his mind calculating all the possibly and angles of advancement. He was considering what could be, what has been, and what will be. He was taking a glance at space and time as if it was his own backyard pool.

His eyes told it all. I’m a good eye reader, and I have to say that this guy’s pupils freaked me the heck out. They looked freaking old, despite just how young the rest of him looked in comparison. Well, how young in pony terms. I’m not sure what old ponies looked like, but he didn’t look a few years older than Twilight and the others were. Never the less, he was an impossible pony. Youthful, yet aged. Silly, but also distinct. Wise in his age with a childlike obliviousness. He was a living, breathing, oxy-moron.

My eyebrows furrowed. What kind of a doctor was this guy?

More moans cued me that everyone was getting up. Ponies lifted their heads off of the ground, shaking themselves awake and getting to their senses. Their eyes dipped in and out of focus to their surroundings. A few of them scratched their heads, wondering what the heck they were doing on the floor. Some looked distant, as if they were in some kind of awakened dream. Others looked sick to the stomach, their dizziness overwhelming them and causing them to burp up in preparation of puking. However, if there was one think that was constant about the bunch was that they turned their attentions to Time Turner instead of lashing out at me. I couldn’t believe it as I watch them slowly twist their heads towards the only pony standing, completely ignoring me in the process. They seemed to be pretty damn out of it if they were actually missing the giant alien standing in the midst of their kind. There was definitely something supernatural about it. Just the thickness in the air and the silence that lingered with the situation; it screamed unusual. Now, whether it’s magic again, I’m not sure. And to tell you the truth, I don’t really wanna think about it. This magic mumbo-jumbo is just leading my brain in circles.

“Well, glad to see that I’ve got all of your attention.” He announced as more ponies got up and looked at him. “Gotten a good nap? That’s good, because there is a lot that needs to be discussed, and a lot that needs to be done.”

Most of all the ponies were awake by now. They stood, facing the doctor in the center of the room down the hall. A tap on my shoulder reigned in my attention. I twisted my head to see Rainbow Dash flying in place beside me. For somewhat reason, she wasn’t affected as severely as the other ponies and wasn’t reduced to a zombified state. She silently signaled with my eyes at Twilight, who resumed a small amount of movement on her stretcher, and then pointed down the hall into the main hub. I nodded, understanding her command. As quietly as she could, she took a hold of the moving table from behind and started slowly down the hall, with me crouching closely behind her. We shifted through the crown, their attention directed to the speaker in the middle of the room. Even though we physically shoved them out of the way, they STILL didn’t notice that I was there! Then I realized that despite their eyes being open, their eyes weren’t open, if that makes any sense. A certain light was absent from their watching gaze. It was if they were truly still watching a dream, but not within the realms of the comforting dream world. The point is, they were down-right brain dead.

Author's Note:

How long has it been since I've updated? Three weeks? A month? A month and A HALF???

Now only is this chapter an update, but it's also an apology. It's an apology for leaving my fans in the dust and not releasing for an inexcusable amount of time. Not even once did I release an update blog post saying "Hey, I'm still here! I'm still alive!" No, I didn't, and instead left everyone to wonder whether or not I was actually writing this thing or not.

So this is it. I'm sorry.

I truly am.

And to tell you the truth, I'm kind of disappointed how this part went out. Why? It's not finished. Yep, I released a half-complete part for the sake of updating the story so people would know that I haven't given up on it yet. I wanted this part to be the last part of the chapter. But instead, I couldn't find the drive to finish all of it, so instead all of you get half of a chapter. Granted, I gave myself a little bit of leeway saying that I might cut a chapter in half just to save myself some time, but the fact that I matched that up with no updates for a month an a half just make it sad and unacceptable.

The next part will be the final. The next part will be the last part of the chapter. And when I write and release that final part, it will be a very grand thing for me, and a large accomplishment. It will just prove how far I've come in writing in these past 16 months, and will show how much I've improved over time. Just be patient for it, because I', balancing real-live activities with real-live emotions and real-life time management. It's especially hard to find motivation these days. It's not like I don't enjoy writing anymore, it's just that when I do have time to write I don't want to go back and edit my stuff and start writing from there. It feels like a drag when it really isn't. I think I'm just making it overcomplicated for myself.

Well anyways, I hope you enjoyed this part. Have fun waiting for the next one.

TL;DR: I'm sorry for taking a long time to post a part. The next part will be the final one of this chapter and I am looking forward to it.

PreviousChapters Next