• Published 10th Jan 2012
  • 2,987 Views, 60 Comments

Chronicles of an Unknown World - The Awakening - Blue Blaze {COMET}



Twilight and Applejack find a strange meteor that crash lands into Sweet Apple Acres. Soon after, Ponyville suffers from a great thunderstorm. Against all odds, Twilight must survive the end of the world and save Equestria... with a human.

  • ...
17
 60
 2,987

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 5: Donations Due, Part 6

{*First-Person View, Main Character*}

Once again, I found myself slacking off on Rarity’s couch back in the living room. I sprawled out across the bouncy surface, arms laid about and my back bending slightly backwards. The white unicorn was kind enough to light the fireplace, filling the room with orange rays and comfortable warmth. I was dopey to no extent, feeling brain dead from the lack of sleep and general lack of mental rest. The bothersome rainwater carried on to knock upon the window pane, creating some white noise, yet not soothing enough for me to fall asleep to.

Running though the most recent events over in my head one more time, boredom had finally claimed me its victim. I tried to find activities to do, but my hostess demanded that I not touch anything in her “workshop”. Not like there would be anything interesting to examine, but it ticked me off a bit that she was so forward about it. Still, I guess I would be forward too if I cared enough for it. I was also just glad that her mood was doing a bit better. She seemed to be more cheerful and outgoing than before.

Anyways, I found that I had plenty of time on my hands after Twilight kicked me out of the bathroom, so I’d thought to familiarize myself with the outlook of the building. The entrance Twilight and I had walked through led to Rarity’s workplace, which led to the living room and kitchen. In between the kitchen and living room were two hallways, each with doors to various other rooms such as closets, bedrooms and the bathroom. I spotted a staircase while exploring, but chose not to advance further until necessary. The entire tour only took a mere five minutes, especially since Rarity was so picky on which areas I could go in and which areas were off limits.

Soon after, I realized that while I was puttering about, the two girls were making supper! I quickly found out that in reality it was only six o’clock in the evening, not night time like I had guessed. I didn’t want to be useless and a freeloader, so I asked if there was anything I could do. Rarity told me to do some simple tasks: put out the plates, place down the cutlery, fill up the cups with water, that sort of thing. Once I had hastily finished the task, there was really nothing left for me to do, seeing as I couldn’t cook. I also had enough faith that Rarity and Twilight combined couldn’t possible make a terrible meal. After observing their work ethic carefully, it appeared that they knew what they were doing.

And now we return to modern time, where there is absolutely nothing else for me to do besides wait and count the drops of water on the glass of the window. Even though there was still so much to think about, I’ve had enough brainstorming for one day. And besides, a headache was starting to form in my skull, and using my brain just made it worse. I figured that I was just best off to sit and veg for a while until dinner was served. Just when I thought that I had finally found peace, my loafing around was interrupted by the shrill call of a certain glamorous pony…

“SWEETIE BELLE! DINNER’S READY!”

I lazily creaked my head around my left, trying to find what all the hullabaloo was all about. I saw the rear end of Rarity’s body and tail from the doorway. From what I could tell, she was yelling up the stairs to someone. Now, I’ve heard Rarity say that name before, but I hadn’t really thought about it until now. My right eyebrow rose slightly, sensing suspicious activity. Who was this Sweetie Belle she was talking about?

“Coming!” screeched a very high-pitched voice. I sat up, curious as to what could make such a voice like that. It sounded like it came from a very young girl, complete with a voice crack and everything! No, it can’t possibly be…

Instantaneously I shot out of the couch and made my way to the doorway to Rarity’s work quarters. Cautiously taking cover behind the wall, I lightly peeked around the corner to view any events that might be taking place in the next room. Just mere seconds later, I heard footsteps- no, HOOFsteps coming from the set of stairs with rapid frequency. Then, I noticed a tiny shadow reflect off the wall of the staircase, one with a barely noticeable horn attached to its head.

Then, she came around the corner. Suddenly racing down the steps was not only the smallest pony that I have ever seen, but also the CUTEST LIVING THING THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! I’m assuming that she’s a she, but then again, I may be just being an ass. Anywho, WHAT THE FUCK WHY IS THIS THING SO GOSH DARN CUTE??? IT’S ADORABLE!!! I CAN’T BELIEVE SOMETHING SO CUTE COULD EVER POSSIBLY EXIST IN ONE PLACE!!! UNBELIEVEABLE-

Aw crap, am I finally going all mushy and crap after talking to ponies for the past few hours? Shit, I really need to get a hold of myself. I mean, sure it’s cute and stuff, but I can’t let my overreaction be seen by Twilight or Rarity! So looking at the petite pony before me, she was completely white with purple and pink locks of hair on both her head and tail. Her gigantic, grass green eyes complemented her tiny muzzle and awe-inspiring hooves. She hastily raced into the kitchen to grab some grub.

I retracted myself from the doorway, heart racing and head pounding. What the fuck was that? She was just so gosh darn cute, but I mean what? Where did she come from? Was she upstairs the whole time? Is she a young pony, or just really small? And most importantly-

“By the way, Griffin, if you didn’t hear me previously, dinner is ready. It’s in the kitchen, so please make your way there if you don’t mind.” Rarity addressed directly in front of me, catching me by surprise. Dang, I was so focused on the newcomer that I hadn’t even realized that Rarity was watching me stare! Well that’s kinda embarrassing. She turned to leave, but I didn’t want to let her. I had way too many questions and I think that she can shine some light on the situation.

“Wait Rarity!” I exclaimed, tugging on the exiting mare’s tail. She looked back at me, not pleased at all that I tugged at her curled purple backside. I motioned for her to come a bit closer, forgetting that she might not know what I meant at all with my hand motions. Apparently she did and got close enough so I could whisper.

“Who was that?” I simply asked, pointing towards the kitchen that the tiny pony had just entered.

“Oh, that was Sweetie Belle. You two haven’t met, have you? Well, she’s going to be quite excited to meet a being from another planet! But then again, that may cause us some trouble…”

Rarity took a moment to ponder her situation. She didn’t answer as many questions as I had expected, so I pressed farther into the topic.

“So… Is she your daughter or something?”

“Oh, heavens no! She is my younger sister, staying at my place until my parents come back from their prolonged vacation.” Rarity clarified, looking a tad bit flustered.

“Oh, ok then. So how is she going to react to me?"

“Well, she might react with a lot of jumping and hype and ask you question like where do you come from and how did you get here, but otherwise it shouldn’t be too bad.” She concluded. I gave her a face saying that I did not like this idea of introducing me so suddenly.

“Don’t worry, as long as she and you get off on the right hoof, you’ll be just fine.” Rarity started walking away.

“I sure hope so…” I muttered, quickly following suit.

PreviousChapters Next