• Published 10th Jan 2012
  • 2,988 Views, 60 Comments

Chronicles of an Unknown World - The Awakening - Blue Blaze {COMET}



Twilight and Applejack find a strange meteor that crash lands into Sweet Apple Acres. Soon after, Ponyville suffers from a great thunderstorm. Against all odds, Twilight must survive the end of the world and save Equestria... with a human.

  • ...
17
 60
 2,988

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 4: Journey, Part 5

{*First-Person View, Main Character*}

“Well, I guess I just have to go with my original plan.”

Twilight returned her gaze towards me, fire lit in her eyes. Even with all her crying and emotions, she still managed to make a decision out of everything. I was actually surprised that she didn’t lose hope or motivation after these recent events. Her words spoke more about her character that she would have even known. This side of Twilight Sparkle I have never seen before. Goal driven. Courageous. Aware. Well, ok I’ve seen her aware before, but not to the extent of what she was about to do!

Whatever that was going to be.

“And what, pray tell is your original plan?” I buzzed, crossing my arms in earnest.

“I’m going to do what Princess Celestia told me to do and find my friends, gather my belongings and leave, Equestria.” She seemed to slow down at her last words, her stance drooping substantially.

At this point, I only had the simple question to ask, “Why?”

“Because she told me to. And as the leader of Equestria and the goddess of the sun, she is our hope, and I trust her decisions with my life, whether I like it or not.”

Wow, Twilight really idolizes the Princess! She doesn’t seem that great to me. Sure, be a sun goddess, but when you’re telling your subjects to leave the very land you are responsible to defending and taking care of, then there’s something very wrong with that picture. It still doesn’t make sense! Why only send Twilight and the other out of the country and not the entire population? Why not evacuate yourself and live to see another day if the situation is so serious? I’m missing something here, but I’ve asked enough questions for now. Instead, I’ll just listen to what Twilight has to say.

“Does her word have that high prestige?”

“Absolutely! The Princess is the undoubted ruled of Equestria, therefore all her orders overrule any kind of personal goals you have. And it’s not just about her being the princess, it’s also about my trust in her. She has been teaching me magic and friendship for the past twelve years of my life and has never let me down! There is no way in Tartarus that the Princess would be wrong!” Twilight spoke in stride.

Hmm, very interesting. She shows uncertainty even though she claims to have un-feigning trust in royalty. I never said anything about the princess being wrong, and yet she just had to mention it somewhere in her rant. Either I’m analyzing her dialogue too keenly, or she does not have one hundred percent trust in her leader’s actions! I posted my palm on my chin, nodding with a goofy cat face on my expression.

Wait. Back up. The princess has been teaching Twilight magic for TWELVE YEARS??? Since when? Gee Twilight, I guess you can leave important details to the last minute, can’t you? Son of a nutcracker, my question count went up by eighty percent! Gah, I’ll have to find some time later to get that stupid purple unicorn to answer more of my god damn questions…

“So you’re leaving just like that? No goodbye? No farewell? Were you going to pick me and Spike up later, or now after you’ve cleaned up this mess?”

“Well, I originally planned to sneak out without making any noise, but I couldn’t see anything down here, and before I could conger up a light spell, I accidentally tripped on a few scrolls I left lying around last night. Heh, I guess with Spike asleep I tend to forget to actually clean up my own stuff…”

Twilight smirked at her own antics. I gave her a moment before shooting a threatening glare for her to continue before she got off topic again. She caught my look and hastily returned to describing her thinking.

“Anyways, so I tripped on some scrolls and rolled into the wall. When I got up to try and put them back, I accidentally bumped into another wall, causing more book to fall down, but this time on top of me! I was kinda in a daze after, so I stood up and stumbled into yet another wall, except this time with a few jars and glass containers that held previously used experiment materials. Next thing I knew, I was neck high in a bunch of stuff with you yelling at me down the stairs.”

I placed my hand onto my face, groaning at her clumsiness. Geez Twilight, if you’re going to do something, do it right! Sure, it may not be my place to judge her about something so insignificant, but really? Making the same mistake three times in a row and in a matter of seconds? What a screw-up!

“You really haven’t answered my original question. Are you just going to leave? Just like that?” I inquired, shaking my head while shrugging.

“Yes. I have to. The Princess told me to and I have to carry out her order. Oh, and if you have any notion of stopping me, it isn’t going to happen.” She replied, furrowing her brows. I was guessing that her answer was so long and drawn out because she still wasn’t completely one hundred percent positive in her decision.

“I never said anything about stopping you.” I said, holding up my hands in surrender. “However, that doesn’t mean that I’m letting you go alone.”

“What do you mean?” She challenged.

“I’m not letting a sweet, magic-using unicorn go all alone out there in the blustery weather. I’m coming with you.” I crossed my arms, mustering up the most badass smirk I could make.

“No, you can’t! My orders have nothing to do with you! This is my job and my job alone! You are not going to interrupt my goals, especially since they’re so important!” Twilight snapped back, slamming her hoof down.

“Come on now, think about it. Is trucking through a flooded street through rain, fire and flames a good idea to do ALONE?”

“There aren’t any fires on the streets of Ponyville!”

“Well didn’t you say that you saw some houses catch on fire because of lightning strikes?”

Twilight grumbled. I leaned my head forward in success. I had her cornered; she had nothing to drive her argument! Now it’s my turn to deliver the final blow!

“Even I have to admit, I’ve seen pretty bad weather in my time, but THIS,” I gestured towards the window. “is a freaking nightmare! There is NO WAY in HELL that I’m letting you go through with this without a partner. Sure, leave Spike here or whatever, but just take me with you, please?” I admittedly got to my knees and pleaded for Twilight’s approval.

She sighed. “Fine, seeing as you’ll probably go with me anyways if I do say no, why not.” Twilight spoke, levitating some items off the floor for cleanup.

“Sweet.” I simply replied, a fanfare of victory music playing in my head. Finally, I was getting somewhere! I wouldn’t have to sit around for the next five hours waiting for this storm to pass! I actually get to do something! And besides, it IS safer if Twilight has some back-up with her in the rainstorm, and I know that she knows it. What if Twilight got struck down by lightning or something random like that? There would be no one to help her! Of course, if I somehow got injured in the process as well, then we’d be both screwed, but our survival is not one-hundred percent guaranteed anyways.

Twilight was understandingly grumpy as she tidied up the library floor. Man, unicorn magic makes EVERYTHING easier to do!... Did I just say unicorn magic? Damn, that be screwed up man. So anyways, she was cleaning up and putting everything back to its rightful place, and all I could do was stare and watch! I didn’t even have to lift a finger before she was done!

“Great, now that that’s done…” Twilight turned towards me while saying those words. “Grab any necessary belongings you have quickly and let’s go!”

I frowned. “Umm, Twilight, I dunno if you’ve realized this by now, but all I’ve got’s the clothes off my back.”

Actually, I don’t remember if Twilight had found anything that belonged to me, but I highly doubt it. It’s not like my ENTIRE ROOM came along with me for the ride between planets or anything like that. Nope. No way. Out of the question.

“Oh.” She simply stated. “Well then, let’s get a move on, shall we?”

Twilight slid on some kind of horse backpack onto her sides then began to trot towards the door. I followed her closely, gathering up strength for the journey ahead of me. Once the entrance was opened, I got a face full of rainwater followed by a chilling south wind.

Great. Not even two steps outside the library and I’m already soaking and cold.

{END OF CHAPTER}

PreviousChapters Next