• Published 10th Jan 2012
  • 2,987 Views, 60 Comments

Chronicles of an Unknown World - The Awakening - Blue Blaze {COMET}



Twilight and Applejack find a strange meteor that crash lands into Sweet Apple Acres. Soon after, Ponyville suffers from a great thunderstorm. Against all odds, Twilight must survive the end of the world and save Equestria... with a human.

  • ...
17
 60
 2,987

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 5: Donations Due, Part 3

{*Omniscient point of view, Carousel Boutique*}

“I saw the end of Equestria itself.”

Twilight was just beginning the second retelling of her experiences with the princess as of late. Even though she had Rarity’s undivided attention, Griffin purposely looked away and started to tune her voice out in order to avoid a repeat of the mournful unicorn’s grief. He looked out the window, just to remind himself that he wasn’t going anywhere anytime soon. All he could hope was that the storm was coming to a climax, and would hopefully end soon.

“Canterlot was in total disarray, Pale Mountain were frozen over by blizzards, Whitetail Wood was on FIRE and the Everfree Forest had more lightning strikes that I have ever seen before.” Twilight said, forcing herself to look at her friend to interrupt her flashbacks as much as possible. “It seemed that Ponyville was getting the better end of it. At lease we only have rain here, while in other locations the elements have gone absolutely wild! I think I saw a tornado somewhere in the mix! A tornado! In Equestria! I have to say, Rarity, it was absolute chaos.”

The young student gave Rarity a moment of reprieve. The white stylist let go of her jaw and just stared at the dull stone floor. She finally looked back at Twilight to receive a glance of sorrow and empathy.

“It’s what I saw Rarity. And it was also what the Princess saw. Over her past thoughts, she deemed that the best course of action to make would be…”

Twilight gave a pregnant pause. She glimpsed at her hooves, reconsidering if this was all a dream or not. Whether it to be true. Whether if the honest situation that was happening outside was the absolute reality of it. When ready, she carried on and looked right back at her listener.

“…to send the Elements away until the time is right.”

Rarity gave up all signs of life in her eyes. Any amount of hope, joy and bliss were drained away by her friend’s horrible report. Her deep ocean gaze quickly lost its glitter and shine. Her happiness-depraved mind showed no aspects of any positive output.

“Wha-what about the Elements? You have the elements, so can’t we use them again and cure Equestria from this ma-madness?”

“I guess we could, but one, we need everypony gathered in order for them to work, and two, that’s not what the princess ordered us to do. She… She firmly stated to retreat until she sorts out the situation.”

For the first time in her life, Rarity had doubts on the Princess. What was she doing? Why wasn’t using the elements her first option? It didn’t make sense to her. Instead, it just made her more disarrayed and distressed.

“I…I…I…I’m speechless! What am I going to do now, Twilight? This is so sudden! What about my career? Will I just have to leave my precious shop behind and hope for the best?”

Twilight opened her mouth to provide an answer, but was not swift enough.

“And I haven’t had any time to pack! Much less any time to think about what I need to pack! And-and what about Sweetie Belle? What am I supposed to tell her? I,I,I… What am I supposed to do?”

Rarity stared at Twilight in desperation. All the poor, purple pony could do was think and return the look with understanding and thoughtfulness. She glanced took a hasty glance to her left, hoping that the lounging human would have any rebuttal. Her eyes went straight back to Rarity as soon as she realized that Griffin had a sudden interest in the fuzzy surface of the couch, him poking at the material. Observing Rarity’s emotions, she considered her options.

(I can’t smile, that would not be appropriate for the situation. Obviously I have to try and comfort her, but how? What approach should I take? Look directly into her eyes, Twilight. I need to keep eye contact! Gah, I have no idea what to do! I didn’t plan this far in my original schedule!)

Twilight blinked slowly, then affirmed her course of action.

“I’m sorry Rarity. I truly am. The princess said that it wasn’t a permanent fix, so we will probably head back to Ponyville as soon as the problem is fixed. That way, you can resume your shop as soon as possible.” Twilight stated hopefully. “As for what we need to do, I can give you some time to pack and get things ready, but the Princess wanted us to be out of Equestria as fast as possible, so I’m giving you until tomorrow morning before we have to be on the road again and get Pinkie Pie next.”

The curly-tailed unicorn started sobbing on the spot. Twilight silently cursed herself for not successfully calming down her friend. She got off the couch to where Rarity was at and wrapped her up in a pony hug. Rarity immediately took up the offer and wrapped her forehooves around Twilight’s shoulder. The purple pony felt the tears travel down her back and let Rarity’s make-up run onto her fur. Grasping one of her best pals tightly, she knew that Rarity needed this as much as she did when Griffin hugged her.

“I’m sorry. I’m so, so sorry. But it’ll be ok. It’ll be just fine. Just you wait and see. With all six of us, there’s nothing that will bring us down. And soon, we’ll be back in Ponyville in no time flat, just you wait and see.”

Griffin in truth was listening to the whole conversation the entire time, trying his best to look conspicuous. When he heard the talking grind to a halt, he turned his head just enough to spot the two out of the corner of his eye. Just focusing on his peripheral vision, he gazed at the emotional train wreck that was Rarity. He even spotted Twilight shedding yet another tear or to. All he could do was return his survey of the conditions outside and shake his head.

Scowling, he thought to himself, (Women. They cry way too much…)

PreviousChapters Next