• Published 10th Jan 2012
  • 2,988 Views, 60 Comments

Chronicles of an Unknown World - The Awakening - Blue Blaze {COMET}



Twilight and Applejack find a strange meteor that crash lands into Sweet Apple Acres. Soon after, Ponyville suffers from a great thunderstorm. Against all odds, Twilight must survive the end of the world and save Equestria... with a human.

  • ...
17
 60
 2,988

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 7: Brash Instinct, Part 3

{*First Person View, Main Character*}

“What have you done to Twilight?” The rainbow Pegasus in front of me wanted to know. Flapping in position, her face gave a scowl full of scorn, resent and murder. Her left forehoof pointed to Twilight, unconscious and asleep. The flying one’s tone was obviously not a happy one, and in fact had a certain edge to it that one might consider murderous. With all these negative factors radiating from her form, one would be very lucky to not take part in the events that might transpire involving said mare.

Unfortunately, that was unavoidable for me, because she was looking straight into my eyes.

“I haven’t done anything!” I answered back, bending my knees a bit and balling up my fists in precaution.

“Liar!” she accused, swooping in for the tackle. Her speed went unmatched as she closed the distance between us in a colourful blue blur. I remembered that she did the same attack back when I was in the library and when Twilight was scrubbing me for information. But this time, I was at a different location at a different time with a different circumstance. This time, I was ready.

I swiftly ducked, allowing her to harmlessly soar over my back. Once she passed, I immediately turned around to meet the potential threat.

“You wreaked Ponyville by sending this giant thunderstorm after us! You and your stupid alien technology screwed us all! You probably even made that strange hole in the sky too!” she ranted, taking another go at me.

“I did no such thing!” I counteracted, ducking again to avoid her sweeping blow.

“The weather, Ponyville being in a mess, everypony getting sucked up into that weird circle-thing… That was all your fault!” For a third time she dashed towards me. I promptly stepped to the left instead of ducking to not get predictable. I had many defensive options at the moment, the difficult part was choosing the right one.

“And now, you had to take out Twilight? That is where I draw the line!” she shouted, her eyes ablaze with rage. To my left I could see the orange and brown ponies standing beside Twilight’s stretcher, not being sure what to do. The two stared at me with deep, shining eyes, completely confused about what was going on. I bet that the orange one was probably not happy about what Rainbow was saying, but she was probably more concerned about Twilight, so I had nothing to worry about. I motioned over with my head to tell them to get a move on. Surprisingly, the brown stallion seemed to understand, as he nodded his head, whispered something to his companion and went off into the hallway we were about to go into before we got so rudely interrupted.

My eyes went back to the fight scene. Instead of blindly rushing towards me, this time she carefully approached me with her hooves raised in some kind of battle stance. I could see the fire alit in her eyes, an unwavering flame of scorn in her iris.

“You can mess with the weather, you can mess with Ponyville, heck you can mess with the rest of Equestria for all I care! But you…” she said, her shoulders rearing back with her right foreleg. I raised my own arms in preparation.

“Do!” She took a swing. I blocked it, my arms covering the majority of my face.

“Not!” A second punch flew in my direction. I defended.

“Mess!” A third. Blocked again.

“With!” This time, she threw a roundhouse kick towards my skull. I ducked, preferring to avoid such a high-octane attack.

“My friends!” she cried. Her entire being extended as her back legs kicked out forcefully. The attack was lower than expected, and she crushed my stomach inwards. I stumbled backwards and forcefully exhaled. She flew away a distance, which was a wise move from her perspective, getting out of my range of attack like that. I was pissed because after that move my stomach was as sore as FUCK. I hovered my left hand over it before bringing it back in front of my face. That hurt! A lot! Two hooves lashed out into my stomach did NOT feel good! Not at all!

I took a moment to calm down. Anger wouldn't get me anywhere, especially in a fight. Anger leads to blind rage, which leads to pain, which leads to much more severe consequences. To win this encounter, I would have to use my wit to subdue Rainbow, which will be a challenge considering she is hell bent of attacking my guts. Offensively, it would be a bad move to violently attack her, because Twilight might get mad when she finds out. Sure, she might understand my position, but I don't want to take any risks, I need her to be on my side if I wanted to survive in the god-forsaken world!

If I absolutely had to, I would have to shove her away just to keep her subdued. I couldn't punch, or retaliate, and if I did, I would have to do it in the lightest way possible. Sure, it didn't help that I had to be on the complete defence and she was on the all-out attack, but I do have one thing up my sleeve. As far as I saw it, her advantage was her speed, but my advantage was her rage.

It was then I noticed that some of the doors around us were ajar. Ponies of different kinds, shapes, colours and sized peeked into the room, checking out what all Rainbow's shouting was all about. Looking up, I saw more ponies on the upper floor looking down on the main event. There was no doubt that a lot of them were staring at me in fright, confusion and concern all at once. I could see a bunch of young ones getting corralled back into their room by their guardians. For the most part, they were silent, but I wasn't sure what they were thinking to do next.

It was almost amazing. I had no idea how many ponies lived in Ponyville. Well, I mean, obviously besides the town name being ‘Ponyville’, I hadn't gotten a good idea of how many there were exactly! Come to think of it, the only ponies I've really seen on this planet were Twilight, her friends, Sweetie Belle and the Cakes! Otherwise, I haven't seen any other living soul until now! And boy, were there a lot of ponies here! There must have been at least forty peeking at the fight! And there were probably more behind doors that haven't come out yet! I think that ponies are truly the dominant species of this planet!

"I'm not done with you yet!" the tomboy called to me. I twisted my head around, seeing her gritted teeth approach me. I raised my arms and started to block more of her blows.

"Rainbow, think about this!" I spoke, deep in thought and battle. "What would I have to gain by attack Equiss?"

"I don't know!" she replied, throwing a left kick which I promptly deflected. "I don't know what you sick, twisted creatures are up to, but it can't be any good!"

"I'm not insane, Rainbow! I know right from wrong, and I know not to randomly attack other planets for no reason!" I corrected. She tried to charge head-first into my being, but I took her crown and threw her aside. She flew a few feet before flipping and regaining aerial control. "My kind haven't even met any other sapient beings yet! We've barely gone out of our planet’s pull! We didn’t know that you even existed!"

"You're lying!" she huffed, backing up and catching her breath, which I didn't mind, because for a few seconds she wasn't attacking me. Besides, I could catch my own breath too. "There must be something here you want! Something here you need! Something that would drive you to attack Equiss!"

I backed up. Now, more ponies were coming out of their dorms, and now were slowly surrounding us. There was a thin circle of unicorns, pegasi and normal ponies watching the event, and more were trickling from both of the exits. The pegasi in the air from the upper floors decent into the group of spectators. This wasn't looking too good. If they're listening to what Rainbow is saying, they aren't gonna be happy with me, and I can deal with one slightly disgruntled Pegasus, but fifty of them was way out of my league.

"And what, Rainbow Dash, would that be?" I ask. She growled and went in once again. I kept parrying, defending and blocking until she tried something different. Spinning in mid-air, her tail whipped right in my face, poking my eyes and rendering me blind temporarily. I felt a sharp pain on my right cheek as she punched me in my moment of weakness. For a second, I thought I heard some of the ponies watching cheer a little bit. I hoped I was hearing things.

Through watering eyes, I saw her smirk at her successful hit. "You know, everything was fine until Twilight found you in Sweet Apple Acres!" she stated. The ponies around her murmured. Damn, that bitch! Not only was she avoiding my previous question, she was also feeding the crowd information!

"It was, huh?" I said, wiping away the spittle from my lips. "I wouldn't know, because I wasn’t awake at the time!"

"Yeah, it was going to be a totally awesome day! Clear skies, light wind, not too hot, not to cool either! I would know, I'm the captain of the Ponyville weather team."

"What?" I questioned. Weather team? What's a weather team? What the heck would a weather team even do? Control the weather?...

"But then YOU and your STUPID ALIEN RACE had to go and MUCK IT ALL UP!" she accused, pointing at me. All the ponies gasped in surprise at the revelation. I nervously looked around, spotting the several scowls growing on their faces. "You had to bring the biggest thunderstorm in equestrian history!"

Some of the pegasi got to the air. Their angry looks and aggressive posture did not help keep me calm.

"You had to bring about the dang apocalypse!" she continued. More ponies moved from their spots, closing the circle around both me and the neon-coloured Pegasus. Their eyes seemed to shoot daggers, which was very close and accurate when compared to the utterly murderous looks they were giving.

"YOU HAD TO HURT TWILIGHT!" she shrieked, going in for the kill.

That's it. That's the last straw. Rainbow could have kept it between the two of us, but instead she decided to bring others into it. The ponies around me don't know the truth, and instead are following this bitch’s lies! They have no idea what they're getting into, and neither does Rainbow! She needs to shut up and learn her place before someone beats her to a pulp because she said something MORALLY IDIOTIC!

She approached again, getting into my range. Without any hesitation, I threw an uppercut to her midsection. She wheezed, holding her stomach and bending down while floating in the air. I followed up by grabbing her mane and pulling her down to meet my knee. I let go as it connected, knocked her back a significant distance. To keep that distance, I let loose with a roundhouse. She went flying, lost control of her aerial movability and hit the ground, sliding from the force of my legs.

All the ponies gasped at my actions. Rainbow sat up, holding the tip of her muzzle with her eyes tearing up. They suddenly looked very, very mad. More mad than before, definitely. They slowly closed their little circle on me, approaching my positing, although taking enough care to avoid stepping on rainbow dash. I whipped my head back and forth, looking for an exit. It was a fruitless effort, as they had tightened the gaps around me. Pegasi took to the air and made punching motions while normal ponies stomped harshly on the metal floor, snorting and breathing hot breath all over the place. Unicorns lit up their horns and I quickly realized just exactly how screw I was.

My vision was suddenly filled with many colours as my feet left the ground. My limbs were constrained in mid-air and I found myself unable to move. The circle closed further, with the unicorns in the back powering the spell that kept me in place. Rainbow was up in the air again. Her eyes were darkened and she was slamming her upper forehooves together.

"You are soooo going to pay for that!" she declared, flying directly at me.

This was it. Whatever happens next, I'm screwed. I couldn't break free of the unicorns and Rainbow was going to beat me to a pulp for no good reason besides my self defence! I couldn't rely on Twilight to bail me out, she was still unconscious, and the brown and orange ponies were with here, so I had no allies to trust at the moment. There was no getting out of this!

Jesus, what have I gotten myself into? First I appear in another planet, then there was a thunderstorm I had to truck through, then Rarity and Sweetie Belle, then Pinkie Pie, then Twilight got knocked out, and now this? What the fuck? Was I just about to get beaten the crap out of me by a bunch of bright, crayon-coloured ponies? If I did make it home, they would never believe me. I guess a man's last thoughts before death should be of home. Well, I'm guessing their roaring to kill, but I've never seen ponies as the murderous kind of folk. They're probably making an exception for aliens that, according to liars, sent entire planets to hell and chaos.

Rainbow Dash wound back. I closed my eyes, waiting for the inevitable...














…All of the sudden, there was a bright flash of purple light in my vision, even with my eyes closed. A sharp sound of distortion revolved around my ears. I flinched, thinking that they were shooting a spell to end my life. But when I heard a group of gasps come in front of me, I thought differently. My vision returned to me when they let go of their magical grasp and I fell to the floor. I opened my eyes just to catch the metal floor inches away from my face. Landing with a harrumph, I looked up to see why exactly they stopped their advance. The circle of ponies all had wildly shocked faces as they backed up from the source of the bright light. That's when I noticed the big blur blocking the right side of my vision. Standing no more than a few inches from me was…

"DON'T YOU DARE LAY A HOOF ON HIM!" Twilight ordered. Her mane was disheveled and unkept, as was her tail. I could see sparks fly out of her horn, an after result from her recent spell. Speechless, her appearance most certainly surprised me. Not that I wasn't happy to see her, but my gaping mouth kept my smile from forming properly.


"Twilight? You're ok?" Rainbow exclaimed in disbelief.

"DON'T ANY OF YOU LAY A SINGLE, CELESTIA-FORBIDDEN HOOF ON THIS POOR SOUL! IF YOU DO, I'LL PERSONALLY SEND YOU STRAIGHT TO THE MOON, PRINCESS LUNA STYLE!" the raging magician spoke. All of the ponies swiftly backed up to the edges of the rounded room. “AND IF YOU WANT A PIECE OF HIM, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU WILL HAVE TO GO THROUGH ME FIRST!"

"Buh-but Twilight, he wrecked Ponyville! You must have seen it yourself, the outside world's a mess! And that's all because of him!" the light-blue whiner explained, pointing an offending hoof at me.

"NO HE DID NOT!" Twilight screamed. Anyone that was in front of her verbal assault had their manes blown back in an ironically humorous manner. "THAT WASN'T HIS FAULT! I KNOW IT! MY OTHER FRIENDS KNOW IT! APPLEJACK, THE ELEMENT OF HONESTY KNOWS IT! WHAT MORE PROOF DO YOU NEED!?"

Rainbow hovered in place, not sure what to say next. Knight to eff-nine, checkmate! Thanks a lot, Twilight!

Twilight… She came back for me! But I thought she was out for the count! Is she healthy now? Oh man, am I happy to see her! She's bailing my butt again from this crazed group of rainbow ponies! Thank god! It looked like her breathing was a bit laboured, but otherwise she was fine! Although her eyes were glowing a creepy light, and her mane was floating in mid-air, but that's probably because of the magic or something! Never the less, it looked like Twilight was to the rescue…Until she collapsed in a crumpled mess. All the ponies gasped as she fell on her stomach, her hair following gravity and her eyes normal once again. I rushed up to her, fearing the worst.

"Twilight? Twilight!" I desperately yelled, attempting to shake her awake.

"You ponies keep away from Griffin…" she muttered in a more than stupefied voice. She was definitely still recovering. I took a glance around the room to see that everyone else was too confused and/or shocked to make a move and seize me again. Rainbow was about approach Twilight before I gave a glare of my own. I silently said "you've done enough." through my eyes to her. There was an awkward silence for a few seconds, probably because the ponies were figuring out that I did care for Twilight's well being, unlike a certain loudmouth had claimed.

"Miss Twilight!" I heard someone call behind me. I craned my neck to spot that brown stallion that got Twilight that stretcher earlier. He rushed down the hall behind me, quickly approaching the room. All eyes were suddenly on him and his abrupt interruption of the current situation.

"Uh, hello everypony." he nervously chatted, clearly noticing the tension in the air. "Has anyone seen Twilight Sparkle as of late?" Everyone pointed towards me while I held her in my arms. "Oh dear." he mentioned. "Ooh, I leave the medical ward for one bloody second and she goes wandering off! It's not good for an injured unicorn to force herself to move, especially if she's recovering from magical exhaustion!"

All the attendants gave me another dirty look. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to deal with them again, but the way the conversation's going, I'm not sure anymore.

"Time Turner, have you found Twilight yet?" a voice called from the hall he just entered. Through the doorway came the same orange mare that almost denied me entrance to this stupid place. She looked to be a bit stressed, her mane disheveled and signs of sweat drying on her canvas. She looked down to what I was holding in my arms. "Oh dear!"

"Look what the monster did!" Rainbow said, trying to pin the blame on me.

"Miss Dash, I highly doubt that this creature had the motive to hurt anypony. He seems to be a very friendly fellow, and only cares for the well being of other around him." he cleared up, leaving the flier with a dumbfounded face. Wow. I don't believe it. That's the first time someone on this planet has stuck for me besides Twilight and Fluttershy. What a new development! But why does he trust me so much? And why does he have a different opinion comported to everyone else? Normally, I would consider pressing further, but I'm not going to be rude to the pony that's gonna save Twilight's life… and mine as well.

"And I highly suggest you get the injuries that you've sustained from your… argument, checked out." he advised, turning back towards me.

"But-but-I-I-I-" she stuttered, not believing just how freaking denied she was.

"Well, we best get her back to her room…" 'Time Turner' decided. He looked towards the crowd of ponies, who were still glaring at me. He shook his head, as if disappointed or unimpressed with something. "Mister creature, could you possibly carry Twilight to the medical ward with us? As you can see, I'm not a unicorn, and neither is Carrot Top."

"Sure." I swiftly replied, wanting to get out of the room as soon as possible. I stood up with Twilight still in my hands and followed 'Time Turner' and 'Carrot Top' out of the room and back down the hall again.

Through it all, I could still feel the ponies staring daggers down my back.

Author's Note:

Woo, longest chapter yet!

Sorry guys for taking two weeks to update. I had to re-write several parts of the original draft because frankly, it sucked. Real bad. But now it's good! Or, at least somewhat good. Never the less, I hope the whooping 3000 + words makes up for it! I guess you could say I'm stepping up my game a bit.

I'm planning to go for 6, maybe 7 parts this chapter. I say 7 to give me some breathing room just in case I work halfway through a part and realize that I haven't updated for a while... Again!

PreviousChapters Next