• Published 10th Jan 2012
  • 2,987 Views, 60 Comments

Chronicles of an Unknown World - The Awakening - Blue Blaze {COMET}



Twilight and Applejack find a strange meteor that crash lands into Sweet Apple Acres. Soon after, Ponyville suffers from a great thunderstorm. Against all odds, Twilight must survive the end of the world and save Equestria... with a human.

  • ...
17
 60
 2,987

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 6: Bittersweet Sour, Part 2

{*First-Person View, Main Character*}

We walked towards Pinkie Pie’s without a word, the wind buffering our clothes and fur respectively. It would have been worse it Twilight hadn’t selflessly cast a heat-up spell while we traveled. I was grateful for her kindness, considering the powerful freezing combo that was wind and rain, even though the rain was still flying upward towards the black hole. Still on the subject of dark black objects, the hole was still in the smack dab of the center of the sky. Nothing about its manner has changed; it was still sucking up a butt load of clouds, trees and houses, however it seemed to shrink and recede a bit, causing the force of suction to reduce. That didn’t mean it was still dangerous however, and Twilight kept up her artificial gravity spell, except will a little less power to it by my request. My muscles sighed a mental sigh of relief that it didn’t have to carry any fake weight with it.

Even though the rain had technically stopped, we were still up to our shins in water, the aftermath of the fierce flash of moisture the storm threw at us previously. It pained me to see that the water was draining out underneath cracks of some remaining houses, no doubt flooding and ruining the infrastructure. Sure, there were still drains and manholes slowly emptying the streets, but the progress was so slow that I wasn’t surprised that rainwater was leaking into other places.

Of course, we were the only ones outside. I’m assuming that since this is a town there are other ponies around, either hiding in their homes, ran away already or met a similar fate to Rarity. Twilight and I tried to ignore the blood-curdling screams that rang out above. Instead, we trekked forward, looking forward to the warm company of Pinkie Pie. I have no idea what we’re going to do after, but for now I’m content to go with the flow, no pun intended.

Speaking of Pinkie Pie, I haven’t thought about it too much, but she’s kinda a nut. First of all, she appeared out of nowhere, and of all things hung from the CEILING of the library! What’s worse is that she stayed upside-down for a good minute or two! Maybe that’s why she was talking so much, the blood had to have rushed to her head! Wait, do ponies have blood? I mean, they’re not Earth’s ponies, so what are they made of? Flesh? Ectoplasm? Cotton candy? But I digress, I’m just hoping that Pinkie can accept out need of hospitality on such a short notice. Oh, and the hanging-from-the-ceiling thing, I’m not gonna question it. She might be a unicorn, ‘cause her hair might have been covering her horn or something. Whoa, now that I think about it, both of our heads’ have the same hairstyle! We both have very curly, un-controlled hair! Well, her hair actually looked a bit tamer than mine and was obscenely pink, but that’s beside the point.

My thoughts were stopped when I bumped into a unidentified object. I looked down to see that Twilight stopped in the middle of our journey, lowering the front half of her body.

“Huh? Twilight, are you ok?” I honestly buzzed.

“Yeah…” she mumbled. “Just a bit tired, that’s all.”

“Ok…”

She got back up and we resumed. That was a strange occurrence. Well, maybe not considering that it’s believable that she’s tired, but at the same time it was only like an hour ago since we woke up! We haven’t even been walking for thirty minutes and she was already tired? What gives? Not that I’m gonna badger her for being out of shape, but it’s not like she was chubby or anything, so it doesn’t really make any sense. I had a sinking feeling that her sudden exhaustion was out of my understanding.

---

It was another fifteen minutes before anything else happened. Most of the journey was silent safe for the swiftly moving air and the slush of our feet and hooves in the water. I’m not sure about Twilight, but I didn’t want to talk right now. Sure, there were a lot of things that needed to be talked about, but I was scared. Scared that if anything was said she would break into tears again and something else bad would happen. I was scared to confront the situation. But you see, the thing is, I didn’t have to. Instead, all I had to do was continue following Twilight as she light up the surrounding area with her luminescent horn.

That said, she stopped once again and I actually noticed it this time before bumping into her rear.

“We’re here.” she announced, her words carrying wear and tear. I glanced up, looking for what she was talking about.

“Which one’s her house?”

Like I’ve said, there were some houses still standing. As such, there were at least five houses in front of us. She pointed to the one that looked peculiarly like a life-sized gingerbread house. I raised an eyebrow even though she couldn’t see it.

“Is that building EDIBLE?” I asked, the confusion hanging in my tone.

“No, it’s just for aesthetics. Welcome to the Sugarcube Corner!”

“What, she gave a name to her house?”

“No, she lives inside a bakery. She also works there as a baker. Her cupcakes are the best, maybe we can get some once we get inside.” she plainly stated.

I said nothing. Approaching the building, my eyes glazed over the multiple features of the structure. Frosting shingles, candy cane doorframe, chocolate roof, no doubt this was some kind of bakery, and a well-advertised one too. How peculiar it was that a hyperactive pink pony to not only sleep and eat here, but as well as make a living to pay to live here. Twilight approached the front steps and knocked on the door several times, surprisingly forcefully I might add. When no one responded for a few seconds, she tried again. Nothing.

Bob Saget, not the waiting game again! We already did enough of this at Rarity’s! Can’t people-or ponies actually answer the door from time to time? Sure Rarity did, but it took her FOREVER to actually respond to Twilight’s knocking! And besides, why shouldn’t they let us in? If they think we’re salesmen or saleswomen or salesponies or something, them they’re bonkers! No one’s gonna be selling anything at this point of time, so why don’t they just let us in? Twilight attempted for a third time, this time groaning in frustration and really rattling the door. This wasn’t good. Last time, Twilight actually kept her composure, and now she’s getting’ angry!

Weren’t we both.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a transitional chapter, so I'm sorry that there isn't any major developments occurring. That said, this chapter DID have a purpose.

I hope you enjoyed this part!

PreviousChapters Next