• Published 10th Jan 2012
  • 2,988 Views, 60 Comments

Chronicles of an Unknown World - The Awakening - Blue Blaze {COMET}



Twilight and Applejack find a strange meteor that crash lands into Sweet Apple Acres. Soon after, Ponyville suffers from a great thunderstorm. Against all odds, Twilight must survive the end of the world and save Equestria... with a human.

  • ...
17
 60
 2,988

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 6: Bittersweet Sour, Part 5

{*First-Person View, Main Character*}

Here I sat, in the somewhat uncomfortable wooden bench beside the front door of a pony-run bakery. I guess this bench was here for customers to rest on just in case lines got too long, but that doesn't really matter now. I could barely hear the chatter between Twilight and Mr. Cake beyond the door behind the front counter. Whatever they were talking about, it sounded like a heated argument. I hope that Twilight's giving in a good word for me, because by the looks of it, the owners weren't too keen of an otherworldly being staying in their slice of business (no pun intended).

Since the black hole was sucking up any and all precipitation, no rain hit the windows, creating and eerily quiet environment. Sometimes I could hear the foundations of the building creak under the tiny sucking forces of the hole, causing me to look around and fidget in nervousness. I really didn't have any options on what to do, considering the current situation. I don't think it would be a good idea to explore this store, just in case that I find something that I shouldn't have found in the first place. Besides, I think that Mr. and Ms. Cake hate me enough without another excuse to kick me out of their safety zone.

I sighed loudly, hoping that for the love of god, my future would turn alright this time.

"Hiya Griffy-Griff!"

"Whoa!" I exclaimed, falling off my seat from the sudden view of pink intruding my view. From the floor, I looked up to see Pinkie Pie looming over me with the widest grin I've ever seen. There was a strange sparkle in her eyes, which knocked my creepiness meter upwards by several points. "Hey Pinkie."

"What'cha doing on the floor?" she asked innocently.

"Playing dead." I deadpanned.

"Why would you want to do that?"

"So I can hide from the boogieman." I said while getting to my feet.

"WHAT? THE BOOGIEMAN? WHERE?" the pink poof squealed, jumping and hugging onto my torso in fear. While she shivered and actively searched for said culprit, I face palmed. She had to be joking. This had to be some kind of joke. I'm joking! Can't she understand that, or is this pony too innocent to actually comprehend my dry humour? I tried pulling her off, but she was stuck like bubble-gum underneath a desk. Every time I pushed, her body would move but her hooves stayed right where they were.

"Pinkie? There's no such thing as a boogieman. I was kidding."

"Oh, really? Woo, that's a relief!"

Thankfully, with that statement she got off of me.

"So, what'cha doin' in the Sugarcube Corner?" she asked, looking happily towards me.

"I dunno, I was following Twilight and she led me here."

"Twilight's here? Where?"

"She's in the back talking with the mister and the missus."

"Oh, wow! Why is she doing that?"

I let out another sigh, mentally preparing my mind for another of onslaught of questions. Before progressing, I took a seat on the bench once again and leaned back.

"Apparently, aliens aren't exactly welcome in their bakery. They hate my guts, so Twilight's trying to convince them to let me stay until she can do whatever the heck she wants to do here."

"Why do they hate you? You're the nicest, peaceful-ist, most super-fantas-gristic alien I've ever met!" she complimented, strangely hopping up and down.

I didn't know what to say. That was the nicest thing anyone has said to me ever since I got to this stupid planet! "Well, thank you, Pinkie." Actually, I'm probably the ONLY alien she has ever met, but I'm not one to turn down compliments because of details.

"And I really mean it! You've been nice to all of us despite Twilight interrogating you against your own free will, Rarity treating you like an animal and Rainbow Dash knocking the BEEJEEBEES out of you! Thank you so much!"

She leaped up and hugged me. I awkwardly smiled in response, creep-o-meter teetering between ‘friendly gesture’ and ‘oh god bad touch get out’. I didn't realize it before, but she was one friendly pony! Much nicer than the bakers that live here. Didn't Twilight say that she works for them? Talk about a tough break! She couldn't be working for meaner people-I mean, ponies! I couldn't believe the sudden change of treatment that I had gotten. First, I was being shunned, but now, I'm being hugged? Sure it’s a bit creepy, but I'll take hugs over racism ANY day!

"So, why did Twilight want to come here for?" the hyperactive horse pondered, backing off of her grasp of me.

"I dunno, this place was the first thing on her mind after-"

I cut myself short, running myself into a verbal trap. Crap, what do I say now? And even if I have a good answer, Twilight might straighten it out later, letting Pinkie know that I lied!

Well, shoot.

"After what?" her voice rang out.

"...After the storm got worse." I plainly acknowledged, nodding my head in a silent agreement towards the fib not really being a fib. The storm DID get worse, I just wasn't planning on mentioning Rarity or Sweetie Belle any time soon.

"Oh yeah, it did get worse, didn't it? I mean, the wind was all like 'whoosh!' and Sugarcube Corner was all like 'creak!' and I was all like 'yikes!' and the rain suddenly disappeared!"

My mouth was in a 'oh' shape. She said that really, really fast.

"Strange weather, huh?"

"...Yeah..." I managed to get out after that sudden rant.

"So I guess Twilight was thinking of me so much that she just had to check up on me after the storm picked up! Wow, how sweet! I gotta thank Twilight later for her concern!" the pink, poofy pony concluded.

"Uh, yeah... That's what happened." I confirmed. That was one of the worst lies I've ever agreed with, but my mind was moving at a snail's pace because of all of the information being thrown at me. Jesus Christ, how can this girl be so gosh darn hyper? It's insane! One moment she's talking about the weather and the next she's making up lies for me to use! What's the deal here? Is she just crazy? Heck, is she downright INSANE? I mean, I made an obvious joke a while back and she STILL didn't get it! What the flaming fire truck is wrong with her? Is she trolling? That has to be it. I bet she's trolling. She has to be!

"Want a cupcake?" she suddenly asked, bringing up a small, delicious device to my eye level.

Suddenly, I heard a door open. From behind Pinkie I could see the kitchen door open to the mister and the missus and Twilight, all walking out with slightly tired expressions. All three of them stopped to gawk after seeing the cotton-candy-coloured pony right in front of my figure.

"Pinkie Pie? What are you doing?"

PreviousChapters Next