• Published 10th Jan 2012
  • 2,987 Views, 60 Comments

Chronicles of an Unknown World - The Awakening - Blue Blaze {COMET}



Twilight and Applejack find a strange meteor that crash lands into Sweet Apple Acres. Soon after, Ponyville suffers from a great thunderstorm. Against all odds, Twilight must survive the end of the world and save Equestria... with a human.

  • ...
17
 60
 2,987

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 5: Donations Due, Part 2

Please be weary that my writing might be a bit sketchy from here on out because I'm trying new techniques and I'm still recovering from writer's block, ergo, I really have no idea which direction to take until I hit point B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{*Omniscient point of view, Carousel Boutique*}

The door to the Carousel Boutique closed with a sound slam. The bells connected to the entrance sang with a high-pitched, ring-a-ling sound. Twilight and Griffin were both soaked to the brim with rainwater, shivering from the deadly combination of liquid and brisk wind. The two were starting to leave a trail of puddles as Rarity led them away from the front door.

“Please, make sure you wipe your hooves, and uh…”

Rarity began to instruct before she caught a slight snag in her sentence. She stared at the bipedal’s feet, her hoof tapping her jaw in raw thought and processing. Griffin growled, knowing that Rarity had no idea what to substitute ‘hooves’ for.

“They’re called feet.” he grumbled, hunching his shoulders with arms straight.

“Oh, yes! Right! Feet! Please wipe ‘feet’.” Rarity finished.

The two visitors did as they were told. Griffin took off his drenched foot apparel and cotton socks and placed them on the boot rack right next to the boots that Rarity was wearing previously. Meanwhile, Rarity was patiently waiting at a doorway across the room for her newfound guests.

“Now follow me, if you would please.”

Twilight and Griffin were lead into the next room. The disgruntled human was finally shaking out of his frustration stupor enough to get accustomed to his new setting. The floor was clean and clear, giving off reflections of the various lights around the room. The wall paint followed various shades of amethyst, with curtains surrounding windows and mirrors alike having a rose-like colour. There were pony-mannequins scattered all around one side of the room, some with interesting outfits and other completely naked. Tables of cloth, threads and other sewing equipment were common objects of somewhat interest sticking to the sides of walls. In one secluded corner sat a sewing machine with some kind of material still stuck in the production process. Griffin spotted a staircase leading up to another floor in another corner.

The boy could take a hint. The cogs of brainpower turned profusely in his skull, deducing that Rarity either lived in some kind of clothing shop for ponies, or she had an unhealthy attraction to stitching stuff.

The fashionista didn’t stop here. Instead, she trotted along to the next room, which was substantially smaller. The space was shaped like a piece of cheese that was at a 45 degree angle. Its outside rim had an unlit fireplace between two windows. In front of said fireplace was a short, glass coffee table with a purple covering and three dark violet couches facing the fireplace. Once everyone was in the room, Rarity turned to address her guests.

“Please, make yourselves at home.” She gestured towards the couches.

“Umm, no offence, but we’re kinda still wet from all the rain, so I wouldn’t want to ruin your furniture…” Griffin pointed out. He glanced awkwardly at the trail of puddles he and Twilight left while traveling through the rooms.

“No problem!” Twilight exclaimed. She closed her eyes, made a concentration face and activated her magic. Both Griffin and Twilight were surrounded with a shining orange light, filling up the room with its comforting radiance. Griffin squirmed uneasily, not knowing what Twilight was attempting. He felt his skin instantaneously heat up and glow. Smelling pineapples, he observed as his clothes went from damp to dry in a matter of moments. Twilight looked smug as she ended the spell.

“There. One quick-dry spell, hot and ready.” she announced.

“Well, that was quite convenient. Is there anything magic can’t do?” Griffin pondered.

“Well, yeah, lots of things. For example, you can’t turn wood into liquid with magic-“

“Ahem!” Rarity cleared her throat expressively. She successfully got the attention of the alien and the other unicorn.

“Now I don’t mind talking about interesting subjects from time to time, but I do believe that this, isn’t, the time. Would you two please take a seat?”

Griffin and Twilight’s eyes met. They both shrugged, and trotted over to a couch. While Twilight mannerly sat down like a proper mare, the big lug completely flopped himself onto the comfy surface, bouncing in the process. He then continued to lie on his side, absolutely covering the entire area of the couch. Rarity sat in the last remaining furniture.

“Now, would anypony like some tea?” The seamstress offered. Griffin fought the urge to facepalm.

(Why would you end our conversation just to offer tea?) he protested.

“No thanks.” Twilight replied simply.

“Do humans even know what tea is?” Rarity asked aloud, directing her attention to the lounging otherworld creature.

“Yes, we do. And no thank you.” Griffin answered begrudgingly. He was having an inner conflict to calm his profound rage.

(I’m ok, Griffin. I’m ok. There’s nothing to be mad about, absolutely nothing. She was just asking an innocent question, not trying to insult you. You’re out of the rain now. You’re dry. Just calm. The fuck. Down.) he concluded.

“Very well then. First off, what kind of errand have you two been running in order to go out and get soaked like that?” the pearl white unicorn addressed.

“It was a very important order from Princess Celestia. She told me…”

Twilight hesitated. While Rarity looked slightly concerned, Griffin just looked plain understanding.

“…She told me to gather up all of my friends and leave Equestria.”

“WHAT?” Rarity exclaimed.

(Exactly what I thought.) Griffin made a mental note.

“She gave me the Elements of Harmony,” Twilight stated, pulling out the jewel crested purple box from her saddlebags, “told me that it was too dangerous to stay in Equestria and said to gather you, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Applejack to leave.”

Rarity was completely bewildered by the sight of the Elements in Twilight’s possession.

(Hmm, now this is something that Twilight hasn’t told me yet. What are these “Elements of Harmony”? And could someone pick such a CHEESY name? But most of all, why does Rarity look so surprised?) Griffin regarded, subtly raising his right eyebrow.

“But, but that’s just absurd! Surely the Princess couldn’t have been serious! And what kind of danger? Does she mean the thunderstorm outside? But that’s just a thunderstorm! We have many thunderstorms regularly, so what it the Princess worried about?” Rarity looked nervously both at Twilight and Griffin. While Twilight looked somewhat sad, Griffin gave his best poker face and allowed no room for Rarity to analyze his emotions.

“When the princess told me this, she asked me to teleport straight to her room. I did, and she showed me what she could see from her own balcony. And Rarity, oh, what I saw… What I saw…”

Twilight gave up a tear and let it fall to the fabric of the couch. Rarity sat up, looking sympathetic for her friend’s sorrow.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A cupcake to anyone who can guess the hidden fanfic reference in this chapter.

PreviousChapters Next