• Published 14th Nov 2012
  • 8,968 Views, 241 Comments

Humanity in Equestria - SPkon107

  • ...
56
 241
 8,968

Chapter Six: Awakening

Chapter Six: Awakening

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Point of view told by Joseph Spier on the Arch Angel.

After the asteroid hit the ship it did some damage to the Cryo-tubes. I thawed out before the expecting date. I looked around the room all of the other tubes were still frozen except for one. I tried to push the door open I looked up at the emergency door lever. I pulled the lever and the door opened. I walked to the empty tube and I read the name that it belonged to.

Lance-Corporal Gregory "Rook" Newton

Former Separatist, currently Lance-Corporal in ECPC

“Shit if he used to be a Sepi then there’s no telling what he is doing.” I walked to a cabinet and I entered the code. I opened it and I grabbed a Ranging Cobra Revolver. I stepped out of the room and figured he might be at the bridge, I stood in front of the door and it opened. I walked in and I looked around. Nothing in sight. I walked towards one of the control panels and I heard a voice from above.

“You know if you’re going to be hunting for someone make sure that the surveillance is shut off.” I aimed my pistol at him. He had a reasonably decent face, most notable feature being a 'reverse cross' on his left half. Dark brown buzz cut (often coupled with several days’ worth of beard). Hazel eyes. Six foot two and one half inches tall. Well-built with some scars and a tattoo of a winged unicorn on his back from a drunken wager, which he won.

“Stay where you are!”

“Ok. Chill I’m not the enemy,man.”

“Yes you are you damn Sepi.”I backlashed. He rolled his eyes and he chuckled.

“Great my reputation followed me up to here. Answer me something. Did you, by any chance, fight in the war?”

I answered as I walked up the stairs “N…no.”as I got closer he forced the gun up and I fired and he struck me on the gut. I slid my right foot behind his left forcing him to fall. He dragged me as well and I let go of the gun. We got up and I stuck him twice I was going for a third but he grabbed my fist with his left and he hurled an uppercut to the chin with his right. I fell backwards, but I picked myself up quickly, but as soon as I was straight up the barrel of the gun was in front of my nose. I raised my arms slowly. He laughed. I was confused and he said.

“Not going to lie. For someone who’s smaller than me you sure know how to punch.” He swiveled the gun around with the grip facing me. “Look I know that I was a Separatist, but I’m not going to do anything to ruin your mission.” I still had my guard on. “Look why don’t we start over. I’m Lance-Corporal Gregory Newton but you can call me Rook.” He extended his arm. Slowly extending mine.

“I’m Corporal Joseph Spier.” He chuckled.

“I’m assuming that you’re wondering why we are thawed out before the expected date.” Gregory raised an eyebrow.

“Yes.”

“Well I’ve been awake for about two hours and I was getting really bored. But while I was awake I checked out the planet by the Gunnery’s HUD and the camera piece on his chest plate.”

“You mean Gunnery-Sergeant-”

“Clearwater. And yes I know said sergeant…we actually had a close quarter encounter back in the war. I don’t hold a grudge against him. Shit if anything I respect him he’s a hell of a fighter I will admit…but I do feel sorry for him.”

“For?”

“For his family and his fellow squad mates.”

“What happen to his family?” he leaned against a computer.

“Well I’m assuming that they were killed by the Nuclear Winter back in the war.”

“Oh…”

“Enough of this. I have something to show you about the planet.” We walked to a computer he opened a folder that was linked into the camera of his helmet and his chest piece.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One hour later

We watched everything that Clearwater had been through. I was shocked to see that this planet was inhabited by horses. Rook just looked at me. “Yeah I was like that when I first saw the video.”

“A world filled with talking horses.” I gazed in wonderment.

“Yeah I know some of them have horns or wings. And I only saw three that had both and they’re significantly taller.”

“So what should we do?”

“Why are you looking at me for? I’m a former Sepi remember.”

“Not the best of excuses and or reasons. You have somewhat more experience.”

He snickered from the smart-ass remark. “From the looks of it. It seems that these horses are at war with those damn bird hybrid things.”

“Griffins.”

“Parlez vous francais?”

“You know like half eagle and half lion.”

“Oh.”

“Well. You’re right on that Clearwater has been attacked by those things; so I assume that they are now our enemy?”

“Not sure.”

“I have an idea but I’m sure our asses will be chewed off.”

“Why?”

“Because it involves thawing out the captain.”

“Balls to the wall.”

“Have a history with him?”

“Not really. Only that once we arrive at our destination my trial will be carried and they have two things planned for me.”

“What are they?”

“You guys shoot me down or you guys just ditch me on the rock.”

“Oh.” I looked back at the screen.

“Look I know what I did was wrong and I do regret it but if I can convince the captain to give me a chance I might be able to redeem myself.”

“Where are you going with this?” I asked suspiciously while raising an eyebrow.

“I think we should go with your plan.” We walked out of the room and made way towards the Cryo-room where the captain was being kept. We entered inside the room and we stood in front of his tube. I said.

“Ready?”

“My body is prepared.” He laughed. Clearly an inside joke. Not really wanting to know what it’s about I entered the thawing code. The top and the sides of the tube hissed and the fog of the glass began to clear. The Captain’s eyes moved and then they opened slowly. The glass opened.

“Captain Brisk?” I addressed.

He responded “It’s been sixty days already?”

“Uhhh…no sir we woke you up early.” His expression of his face turned angry. Rook muttered something about piles of shit and a ceiling fan.

“How early?”

“Well you just went to the cryo just two weeks…ago.”

“What?!” I flinched. “What the hell did you thaw me out so earl…” he stopped as he noticed Rook. “Why is he out?”

“Uhh…” he grabbed my pistol.

“On the ground now!” Rooked rolled his eyes and he lowered on his knees as he placed his hands on his head. “Why are you awake?!”

“Well I just woke up a few hours ago.”

“You had time to destroy the ship. Why didn’t you?”

“I know that you know about my past and that I am a former Separatist.”

“Yes,I know that.” Brisk rolled his eyes.

“Sir, if I may. I would like to redeem myself.”

“Hmmmmm. What do you think Corporal?”

“Uhhh…I don’t know…uhhhh….sir where are you going with this.” He walked to the door and he replied.

“I’m going to check on the computer and check what our Gunnery-Sergeant has been up to.” Rook cut in.

“Sir.”

“Yes.”

“You might be surprised about what you’re going to see.”

“I’ll decide on that. I want the two of you to gear up. Joseph.”

“Sir.”

“Give um…” Captain Brisk snapped his fingers, trying too remember Rooks name.

“Lance-Corporal Gregory Newton but you can call me Rook.”

“Very well. Take Rook to the Armory Storage Room.”

“Sir?” I was stunned by the order.

“Did I stutter soldier?”

“No sir.” We saluted to the captain and we walked out of the Cryo-room I first stopped at the locker room so I can gear up first. I grabbed a Pulse SMG, an M27 Infantry Automatic Rifle and my Raging Cobra, his demolition equipment, his Medic kit. Plus a Javelin. I turned to Rook.

“What?”

“What do you specialize in?”

“I’m a demolitions expert and a medic.” Too many formulas to remember. One could be highly unstable explosives, or it could be a simple syringe of medicine.

“Oh cool.”

“You?”

“Well I specialize in Specialized unconventional warfare. Such as demolitions, vehicular commandeering aka carjacking. And I’m quite capable in Close Quarter Combat, conventional weaponry, and other aspects of combat.”

“Awesome.” I finished gearing up and I grabbed my helmet and I placed it on. The HUD uploaded. “Ok now let’s get you geared up.”

“Sure.” We walked out of the locker room to find an elevator. As we walked Rook asked. “So what do you think the captain is going to ask us to do?”

“I’m not sure.” We walked into the elevator and we lowered to the lower level. We walked to the Armory Storage Room. I opened a sealed locker and inside was a combat uniform and the armor. “Here you go. Now suit up.” It took him fifteen minutes to gear up. He walked out of the room and we walked back to the elevator and returned to the upper level. Then we walked to the bridge where we saw Captain Brisk looking at the surveillance from Gunnery-Sergeant Clearwater.

I announced our incoming with a simple.“Sir.”

He turned to us.“Oh. Didn’t notice you came in.”

“Sir…you just saw that we came through the-”

“Ponies.”

“What?”

“He’s in a planet inhabited by talking ponies.”

“Sir they’re horses.”

“Have you been listening to the video? The lavender one said they are ponies.”

“Sir why did you tell us to gear up?”

“Because I’m sending you down there now.”

We said at the same time. “What?!”

“You heard me. I want you to assist Clearwater and these ponies with their war.” We looked at each other and then to the Captain. “Did I hesitate?” I said.

“Not for a lick of second sir” Rook prompted.

“Then report to the drop-ship and prepare to drop.” We were at our pods and the captain walked in. “Good luck. Joseph you’re in charge of Rook. And once you get to Clearwater contact me.”

“Yes sir.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This part of the story is told by Steven Clearwater’s point of view.

The carriage that I was on with Applejack and Rarity was flying towards New Saddle while Rainbow Dash was flying next to us. I looked around since I was bored.

“What the hell? Commander Swirlstar land right now!”

“Why?”

“Just do it!” We landed I saw two balls of fire coming down towards us. Rarity walked up to me and said.

“Mr. Clearwater why did we stop?”

“It can’t be.”

“What can’t be?”

“Everyone in the ship is supposed to be in the freezer.” Rainbow Dash asked as she flew next to me.

“Hey! what are those things?”

“Drop-pods.”

“Huh.”

“Drop-pods. Like the thing I came in when I arrived.” Applejack cut on.

“Ah thought ya said that they were sleepin.”

“I know.” As soon as they landed I charged towards the pods. I found the crater the doors of the pods opened and I walked towards them. The dust cleared and I saw two soldiers. The shorter one raised his voice first.

“Gunnery-Sergeant Clearwater?”

“Yes.”

“I’m Corporal Joseph Spier. I’m a medic and a demolitions expert.” He saluted and I just nodded I look at the taller one.

“And you.”

“I’m Lance-Corporal Gregory Rook Newton. I specialized in unconventional warfare such as demolitions, vehicular commandeering aka carjacking and Close Quarter Combat, conventional weaponry, and other aspects of combat. I’m also a former Separatist…”

“Separatist!” I tackled him towards one of the pods while I had my pistol placed on the side of his neck. “What the hell are you doing here you fucking Sepi?! What. your up-rise failed on Earth so now you’re here to attack another planet?! HUH!” the Corporal pulled me back and then he stood in front of me.

“SIR! With all due respect he’s not here to fight you, but to help.”

“WHAT?! Do you know what a fucking Separatist is?!” Rook said.

“Clearwater!” I turned to him. “Look I know what I did was wrong. I’m here to redeem myself. And I don’t know if you remember me but we encounter in close quarter back in the Battle of Paris.” He took off his helmet and he showed me his facial scar. “You see this? You gave me this scar.”

“Yeah and you stabbed me in the leg with your knife. I remember now.”

“Look I’m here to help. I don’t hold a grudge and to be honest I respect what you and your squad did in the war. But I’m sorry for how their faiths ended.” We stared at each other. Applejack walked up to me.

“Steven who is this?”

“Girls take a good look because you’re looking at the face of a Separatist. Or former Sepi from what you’re telling me.” Rarity said.

“He’s the one who’s responsible for all of the death back at your world?”

“One of the many.” The three mares gave him a killer look. “But I know what you did back in Australia. So for now your judgment will be held. I will decide if you are ECPCM material.”

“Very well and I will not lie. But that white horned pony looks kinda cute.” Rarity blushed a little. Spier cut in.

“Sir.”

“Yes.”

“The Captain is on the line.”

“He’s wake isn’t he?”

“Yup.”

I turned on my radio.“Clearwater here.”

“DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY REGULATIONS HAVE YOU BROKEN?!”

“AHHH! S…sir?”

“Well I’m waiting.”

“You know me sir. I had innocents in front of me I just can’t have them die.”

“Yes I know you’re a Marine and darn good one as well. I also noticed that you save one of the leader from their country.”

“It’s my job.”

“True. Well as you can see I’m thawed out and since you’ve fought the enemy it looks like we’re at war.”

“Ok.”

“You have two additional troops. They are under your command. And Gunnery.”

“Yes.”

“Go easy on the Sepi.”

I sighed at the order and glared at Rook. “Yes sir.”

“Perfect I’m going to give it some thought if I should thaw out some of the other troops.”

“Well sir I think you should speak with Princess Celestia and Princess Luna first.”

“Very well Captain out.” After of talk I looked at the two troops.

“Spier.”

“Yes.”

“How good are you in math?”

“Pretty good.”

“Perfect.”

“Rook.”

“Yes.”

“I’ve encountered you in CQC. Have you gotten any better?”

“I’m use to humans but I think I can adapt.”

“Ok. Here’s the thing. I’m supposed to have an escort with me at all times so I think it applies to you as well.” I turned to the mares. “Applejack.”

“Eeyup?”

“You’re with Spier. And Rarity you’re with Rook.” The unicorn was shocked.


“WHAT?! Me with this ruffian that had killed many of your kind?”

“Rarity I did the same thing with his troops too. But now we have to set our differences aside if you want us to help you.”

“UGH! Very well.”

“Ok you two on the carriage.”

Author's Note:

Editing credit gose to ChillaxBrony who did an awsome job with the new chacters and making this story more awsome.
"Credit for the creation of Rook gose to Focusphobia"
"Credit for the creation of Spier goes to frenchfriegy"