• Published 14th Nov 2012
  • 8,960 Views, 241 Comments

Humanity in Equestria - SPkon107

  • ...
56
 241
 8,960

Chapter Four: New Mission

Chapter Three: New Mission
Day 4
7: 15 A.M

As my stay continued, I had partook into getting myself acquainted into a living area. I must admit, my quarters were considered regal among my living standards of a soldier. I gazed upon my room, wanting too change some of it, but at the same time, this wasn't my home, nor was it my place to substantially change the Royalties spare rooms and commodities. A few moments passed and I exited the room, not realizing I hadn't been wearing a shirt.

As I stepped out I noticed Shining Armor and Princess Cadence. They had been talking about something but I guess I interrupted them when I stepped out. Their faces bore a confused and curious look as they stared upon me, this made me very uncomfortable. ““What?” I asked bewildered.

Shining Armor shook his head, exiting his curious trance. “Wheres your armor?” He asked curiously.

“I took it off. Why?” I replied questioningly.

“Oh nothing,nothing.” He waved his hoof in dismissal. “I just thought that humans had fur under their clothing and battlements.”

“Well...” I said thoughtfully, trying too play out how i was too respond too the statement.“Humans don’t have fur per say. We have hair, it’s like fur but it only covers certain regions of the body."

“Oh.. Okay” Cadence tried too understand, maybe she did but she kept a questioning look on me...

“Is there something wrong Princess?” I queried.

She blinked multiple times. “ Huh? Oh, no nothing’s wrong, just... it’s just that you have a weird body.”

“Weird?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Yes. Now what are those spots on your belly?” She asked, and I looked down “And I am not referring to your abdominal's.”

“Oh, you mean the battle scars.” I finally noticed what she had meant.

“Battle scars?” She shook lightly before Shining calmed her down.

“Yeah. As much as I really want to forget about the war and the mess that it’s created, having these scars won’t help me at all...” I sighed and released a small bit of stress. It felt good too get it out. Though they might not fully understand.

“I’m sorry to hear that.” From behind, Princess Luna called and kept her steady walking pace. “Human, my sister is about to leave… oh.” Princess Luna immediately stared at my gut. ‘Great now one of the other princesses is staring at me’ I thought.

“Uh, Hi. You said your sister was doing what now?” I asked. Luna shook her head. We stared at her and she made a fake cough.

“Sorry… my sister is about to leave.” She said embarrassed.

“Oh, right. I’ll get ready on the hop.” I walked back in the room I began to armor up. After five minutes I walked out they were still standing at the same spot. I looked too Luna. “I can’t go anywhere without you Luna.” I chuckled.

“Why not, you’re a grown human.” She retorted.

“That is true but your sister said that I am to have an escort at all times remember.”

“Oh…right. Well let’s go.” Luna acknowledged. She and I walked towards Celestia’s chamber, while Shining and Cadence walked to the kitchen where there was a table since the dining room had been destroyed. Celestia was with Twilight when we entered.

The white alicorn princess greeted, “Hello Gunnery Clearwater.”

“Hello Princess.” I replied.

Twilight added into the mix, “Hi Steven.”

“Hey Twilight.” I noticed that Celestia had noted the difference in tone as I spoke differently to my surroundings.

Celestia asked. “Gunnery... Why do you speak differently to Twilight Sparkle and I?”

“Well, it really depends on who I’m talking to... Take you two for example. You’re a princess and Twilight is a civilian.”

Princess Celestia took in the example quickly, “So what if it’s an enemy?”

“Then I just talk and treat em like shit.” I chuckled lightly at the statement. Clearly they didn't get it.

“Oh…well we better get going.” She announced and made her way too the doors.We all walked out of the room and through the rest of the castle along with the guards of both Luna and Celestia. After only half an hour of walking through cleared streets we were at the out skirts of Canterlot and Luna ordered her guards to stop. Luna said to her sister.“I will wait here. If anything happens you know how to contact me.”

“And what if I can’t?” Celestia hypothetically asked.

I answered hastily. “Then I will shoot a flare.” They looked at me. “If it comes to the point that I have to use it, then you will see it. Just look for a bright light in the sky and a small explosion.” I explained.

Soon after the explanation we left Luna and her guards where they were at, taking off in the Royal Carriage. Even sooner than I thought, we reached the camp. Multiple weapons and shields were raised into battle position as we came into view. I raised my own weapon as well, preparing for an impending fight. Gently Celestia placed her hoof on my weapon and lowered it. “Gunnery I see that preventing war will be hard, but you and I have to try. Right when we land I need you to go around the camp.”

“How?” I asked raising an eyebrow and released a measure of tenseness.

“I will cast an invisibility spell, but you only have ten minutes before it wears off. Do make the best of it.” She explained.

“If you say so Princess.” I said as I faced the princess.

Her horn began to glow and she gently tapped it on my head. Like an invisibility cloak, I whisked into clearance and sneak. “Go Gunnery.” She ordered.

“Understood.” I began to run to the camp. As I approached the birds nest I decided to do something before I continued. I looked for their armory, if there was any place that they had stored any gunpowder, it will be there. I snuck around the camp, twisted and turned, and even caught some sightings that may have traumatized me. After only a few minutes I had found the armory, slowly I walked into the large tent and I began my search for a place too plant a satchel charge. I pulled one out of my back pocket and I placed it between two barrels I activated the remote detonator and I walked out. I said to myself. “I still have five minutes.” I walked out of the armory and I saw Celestia walking to a tent I followed inside and peeped in too see her and a griffin. I hid behind a small couch so I began to crouch down and eavesdrop on the conversation.

Celestia began.“Commander Wingspread I assume.”

“Yes.” He replied and stood straight from leaning on the mapped desk.

“Why did you attack my kingdom?” Celestia queried.

“What do you think? We've conquered half the other kingdoms. Why not continue in a grand campaign?” He sadistically replied.

“Other Kingdoms? You mean too say that you’re engaging on full world war?” Celestia cried out. Stomping her hoof onto the table, making it shake violently and furiously.

“If that is what it takes too begin a grand empire. Then yes.” He again chuckled demonically.

“What are you talking about?” Celestias face turned into an expression of anger and confusion.

“Where were you when we attacked other kingdoms? We have taken Vaporia, Camelu, and Mexicolt. Although we still have to take out the resistance, our more current target is New Saddle.” He smiled. ‘Damn he’s a crazy bastard’ I thought.

“New saddle is a city in Equestria. Your king and I have agreed to a negotiation.” Celestia injected.

“Yes, that is true but we have... other plans.” Before she said another word a griffin struck her out from the back of Celestias and wrapped herself around the royal figure, sliding back and forth to bring her down. Then another went for the feet, causing Celestia too fall onto her side, then dragging her by the hooves, the griffin team flung her to a large grouping of captured ponies. Slowly the spell or enchantment she did to me began wear out I followed them as they, and Wingspread exited out the tent . Outside the guards have been beaten down and chained. The griffin commander stood over Celestia and nodded to other guards. “Chain her up with the rest of the pathetic ponies!” he turned and he saw me with my gun in hand, aiming at him. “And…who might you be?”

“That’s none of your concern.”

“Oh really?” He replied sarcastically.

“Yeah…so why don’t you release these ponies and I might not shove a bullet through your skull.” I threatened.

“Huh?” He looked at me like I was crazy.

“Oh right you have primitive technology. Let the ponies go or I’ll kill.” The birds just began to laugh.

“How is that thing going to kill me? There’s no way that the thing you are holding is more fatal than the mighty sword.” He laughed wholeheartedly, yet cynically.

“Actually yes it is. I can be about 500 meters away from you and I can kill you without getting close.” I replied, non moving by him and his comrades stupidity.

“Why don’t you show me?” He kept laughing and snorting.

“My pleasure.” I pulled the trigger. The sound of my rifle roared as the bullet flew in the air, slicing and penetrating the breeze, towards the bird. The head of the Commander jetted backwards and then his body fell. Ponies and Griffins alike were shocked of what they had just witnessed I grabbed my flare gun and I shot it in the air. The griffins looked at me and then they began to walk towards me. I hastily grabbed the remote detonator and pressed the button. The armory exploded and I began to fire at the enemy within the area. One charged at me and I hit him with the butt of my rifle and I finished him off with a burst of bullets. A second later Luna landed beside me as well as her pegasus and unicorn guards. Celestia and her guards were freed and the griffins were arrested. Celestia walked up to me.

“G…Gunnery.” I noticed her tone of voice.

“Yes?”

“About what happened. y-yo-you killed the Commander w…without any hesitation.” She stated in horror and a hint of disgust.

“Point being?”

“How? I mean, I have been in war, but after seeing it gone for such a long time... It makes my stomach churn now that has come back too this land of peace.”

“Princess.. I know what you’re going through, but one thing too remember is that... every great power will always end.” She still stared at me. “Look I’m not going to try to kill okay. so stop worrying.”

“O…okay.”

------------------------------------

One hour later

I was at the camp and Celestia was with talking with me. “So as you heard, the Griffins next target is the city of New Saddle and I need a war expert to help the guards I have placed in the city to protect it.”

“Okay.” I said nonchalantly.

“But you will not go alone. You will be accompanied by Three of the six Elements of Harmony.” She further detailed.

“And who will that be?” I asked curiously.

“The Element of Honesty, Generosity, and Loyalty.”

“So Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash.” I said as I jogged my memory of these kinds of things I learned from the Princess and Twilight.

“Exactly. You are their protector I need them back here in one piece when your mission is complete.”

“Okay... when do I leave?” I wondered.

“In ten minutes.” She turned to her sister “Luna?”

“Yes sister?"

“May you please escort our Human to the airship?"

“Of course. Follow me Gunnery-Sergeant.” I followed her and I decided to asked her.

“I thought you ponies didn't have any planes.”

“planes? What is this plane you speak of?” Luna questioned curiously.

“ It's a machine that allows humans use to travel by air.” I explained in a general way.

“Oh we use…well.” We stood in front of a boat that had a hot air balloon attached too the top of it. “This.”

“That’s an airship.” I said bluntly.
“Yes.”

“Don’t you ponies have anything that’s faster?” I gulped ”...or safer?”

“Human we are not as advance as your people are but this will get you to your destination.”

I stuttered nervously. “V…very well.” I up the ramp and the princess shouted at me.

“Good luck and be careful!”

“No promises!” I walked to the front of the boat where the three ponies were already waiting for me. Rainbow Dash saw me.

“Hey Steven.” Rainbow Dash greeted.

“Hey.” I waved back. The boat began to rise and I feel to my knees. Rarity said to me.

“Are you afraid of heights Mr. Clearwater?”

I said as I got up. “No it’s not that it’s just that I don’t trust this thing at all.”

“Why?”

“I don’t think this boat was meant to be in the air. If it was a plane, jet or ship then okay but this... I’d rather prefer to go by ground.”

“Well if we did go by ground then we would have arrive at New Saddle in two days.”

“Two days?”

“Yes darling. New Saddle is right over the mountains and beyond the forest.”

“So how long will this trip take by aircraft?”

“’Just about five hours.” Applejack answered.

“Five hours?! This thing is that slow. A military jet can get us there in at least five minutes.” I commented. RD’s eyes went wide and she grinned widely.

“Five minutes how fast is this jet thing?” She gleed.

“Pretty fast.” I smirked.

“Can it make a Sonic Rainboom?”

“A what?”

“You know breaking the sound barrier.”

“Oh… yeah our jets can break the sound barrier without any problems from what I heard at sea level the speed of sound is 340 meters per second which is about 760 miles per hour.”

“Wow…that’s pretty…fast.”

“You okay.”

“Yeah it’s just that I want to be the fastest flyer in Equestria.” I thought for a moment until I got an idea.

“How about this. When my ship lands we’ll take a jet and you will fly with me. After our little flight you’ll be the fastest anything in Equestria.”

“Really?” Her eyes almost popped out of her head from being so wide.

“Yeah.” I smiled back.

“That sounds awesome.”

“Yeah…well since we have five hours to wait I think I’ll take a nap.” I walked to a chair and I placed my rifles on the side and then I placed my helmet on a table next to the chair. I sat down and I closed my eyes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two hours later

I turned my head left and then right I was sweating like crazy. I was having a war dream. RD had walked up to my side.

“Hey dude are you okay?” In the dream I was fighting an Separatist hand to hand. Until the point I had my knife on his neck I woke up. I didn't realized what I did. I had grabbed RD and I pinned her against the wall with my knife on her neck. I was breathing heavily and she was scared, her eyes were locked on mine. I let her go I began to walk to the front of the ship I dropped my knife and I rested my hands on the rail. Rarity and Applejack helped RD, as they were also frightened. Then I heard Rainbow Dash.

“S…St” She clearly struggled trying too come too terms with what just happened. “…Steven?” Rainbow Dash sobbed.

“Yeah.” I answered without looking at her.

“What happened back there…you almost killed me.” She shook wildly, i could feel it and hear it.

“I…I’m sorry…it’s just that…forget it.” I sighed. “All that matters is that you’re not hurt.” I tried too force the ending of the inevitable sob.

“Steven…what happened.”

“Memories ok…just stop asking... Please.”

“O…ok.” she walked up to me and placed my knife on the rail.“Here you’ll need this later on.”

Thirty minutes had passed since the little incident. I had moved back to the chair I was on earlier. I checked my weapons and I put my helmet back on. Rarity was enjoying the view of the airship until she said.“Um…Rainbow what do you think those dots in the air are.”

“What dots?” Rainbow Dash squinted. “Those?” She leaned closer too the window I can’t tell. I’ll fly over there to take a closer-” I cut her off.

“No.” I took out my pair of binoculars.

“But why?”

“I have binoculars.” I looked through the binoculars and I saw eleven Griffins with some kind of metal rods on their backs. “Girls do you have armor with you?”

Rarity answered. “Yes we do.”

“Go put them on the enemy is approaching.”

“What about the captain?”

“I think he’ll be fine.” The three mares walked to a door and I grabbed my M-16 and I aimed at the birds. I opened fire when they were about 100 meters from the somewhat unstable and rickety “airship”. I hit four. Three fell to the ground and the fourth exploded. I must have hit one of the rods. Those damn things are explosives. One bird swooped down and pinned me to the ground then tried to stab me with its knife. I forced its arm to the side and it hit the floor then I punched the large bird across his face and I kicked him off of me. It tried to pick itself up but I shot the bird with my pistol. I got up and I grabbed my rifle. Another charged at me and I fired my weapon. The enemy bird dropped onto the floorboards with a hammering *thump*. Then one more jumped on my back, trying too rip it off me, I slammed it against the wall, the bird lost his grip and slid down the wall. I quickly regained my rifle and butt it across the beak and proceeded to shoot him. I looked for the rest of the birds. I walked to the back and I found one running towards me. I shot it and I ran to the stairs where two of them were guarding the entrance. I threw a grenade and it exploded. The bodies, along with splinters rolled and flew down the staircase. The door to the captain of the ship was locked. I kicked the door down but I was too late, the captain had his throat slit. I avenged his death and I killed the last bird. The steering of the airship was stable so I stayed to make sure that the ship didn’t to fall. I heard RD when she flew through the door.

“Come on let’s fight some…hey where’s the fight?”

I shouted to her.“You’re a little too late!” she flew up to me she was wearing some kind of armor different from what Luan’s or Celestia’s guards were wearing. It was dull gray. It covered her hooves and knees her underbelly was covered as well her helmet was like a medieval knight’s helmet but her eyes from the upper snout were exposed to give her the ability to see clearly and her mouth was covered. The chest piece had some kind of gem like the shape of her mark that she has on her side of her leg. “Nice armor.”

“Thanks but I still think that your armor is way better.” AJ and Rarity walked up the stairs they were wearing the same kind of armor but their chests had the jewel like Rainbow Dash but the difference was that it was the shape of their markings on their bodies.

“Steven you don’t need to stay here just put it in auto-pilot.” Applejack said.

“Wait. You don’t have jets, guns, or spaceships but, your airships have bloody autopilots?!”

“Uh…yeah.”

“That’s bullshit.” We walked down and we walked back to the front of the ship. There was still something that was bothering me. The Griffins were carrying metal rods on their back and when I killed the ones at the back their rods were missing. Oh fuck! The back of the hold exploded. The floor shook ravenously I lost my balance as well as the earth pony and unicorn. I looked the rear of the boat was on fire and the flames made its way to the ropes of the balloon. .
AJ shouted “What in tarnation was that?!”

“Those damn birds were carrying explosiv-ahhh.” Two of the ropes broke and the boat began to tilt. I slid to the front of the boat and the non-flying ponies crashed into me. I grabbed onto the rail and I picked myself up only to find myself looking at the ground, 2000 feet above sea level... maybe. The middle ropes broke and I fell over the rail i was hanging on Rarity tried to help me up but the last pair of ropes broke.

All except for Rainbow Dash were free falling. Rarity’s horn began to glow. An aura formed around herself and Applejack. She tried to form the aura around me but she was only able to slow me down but her concentration broke. The aura broke around my body Rainbow Dash flew towards me and she grabbed my leg. She strained to force her wings too carry us upward..

“Steven you weight like a ton!” we slowed down before we hit the ground I looked at the Pegasus and then back down. We crashed into a tree she lost her grip I rolled down a hill breaking branches and bushes until I crashed into a rock. My helmet fell off my head due to the impact which was no surprise. It’s supposed to do that for when a medic need to check for head injuries. I tried to pick myself up then I heard a clanking sound I turned my head only to find a pegasus in armor flying toward me and then everything went dark.

Editing credit goes to ChillaxBrony for editing my story and for being my editor. thank you so much.