• Published 14th Nov 2012
  • 8,960 Views, 241 Comments

Humanity in Equestria - SPkon107

  • ...
56
 241
 8,960

Chapter Three: First Strike

Chapter Three: First Strike

Day Three 10: 59 P.M

I was sitting with the princesses as we waited for Twilight and her brother. Celestia was sitting nervously while Luna was just reading the map. Then the silence broke when the two unicorns walked in.

“Sorry I’m late,” the male said.

I responded, “How you holding?”

“Buck off.”

“Better watch that mouth of yours.”

Celestia intervened, “Okay, now that we are all here, I will like to inform our guest.…”

The stallion cut her off, “More like savage.”

I defended myself, “Hey you want to go another round ‘cause I’m ready?”

Luna ended it, “Both of you stop at once! We are at the brink of war we cannot have a guard and a soldier fight right now!”

I said.“Fine. Consider yourself lucky,” Celestia said.

“As I was saying Gunnery-Sergeant, Twilight has told us you are a veteran of this World War III and the file that you gave to Twilight says that you are part of a squad called 'Thunderbird',”

“Was. They are only two members left.”

“I see. Also it says that you’re a hero.”

“I really don’t care about that part.”

“You were also born in 2005 and it is 2040 so how are you twenty-seven?”

“Cryogenic sleep. It slows down your aging.”

“Oh. Well going into our topic, we are having problems with the Griffins. They want the land of the Crystal Empire as well as most of the land of Equestria. And they threatened us with war if we don’t cooperate.”

“My government along with other nations ruled that using war as a threat is not allowed,” I said.

“Really.”

“Yup.”

“Okay, well we need to find a way to prevent the war.”

“OK, but how am I going to help?”

“Well the king of the Griffins is arriving tomorrow to negotiate and my sister and I are going to need more protection and who else than a true soldier.”

Shining Armor was shocked. “What?! Why are you putting your trust with this thing.”

I slammed my hands on the table. “That’s enough okay. I’m tired of you damn ponies calling me a thing. You don’t see me calling you fucking horses.”

They all looked at me and Luna said, “He does have a point.”

Twilight assured her brother, “Shining you can trust him. He won’t hurt us.”

“How can you be sure?”

I answered for her, “If I really wanted to hurt her I would have killed her on the day that my drop-pod has landed on the planet.” They just stared at me. “Look princess, I will be your guard for the day if you return me my weapons and my helmet.”

“Very well. Where are your weapons?”

“Back at my house,” Twilight answered.

“Okay Twilight and I will retrieve your belongings and you will spend the rest of the day with my sister. Tomorrow we will meet her at ten.”

“Wait so I have to spend the rest of the day with her?”

“Remember you need to be with at least one of the ponies that I have listed when I set you free.”

“Fine.”

Celestia turned to Luna, “Luna, I want you to go with him. Wherever he goes, you go.”

“Does that…mean when he has to use…”

“Except that.”

“Oh thank goodness.” My stomach growled and the ponies just looked at me.

“Hey! I haven’t eaten since I got here, okay,” I said.

“Well I think you should get something to eat. You’ll need it,” Twilight said.

“I’ll try. And Twilight?”

“Yes.”

“When you get my things make sure you also get the Nutrition Immunization Bars okay?”

“You mean those mint green rectangles?”

“Yup.”

“Okay. I have to tell you this, I tried one and it tasted awful! How do you eat that stuff?”

“Hey, it may taste like shit but it gives me the energy I need.”

“Okay I’ll bring them as well.”

Celestia broke in, “Gunnery?”

“Yes.”

“You are now the protector of Equestria. I hope if we do go to war that you are able to fight the Griffins if needed. Do I make myself clear?”

“Crystal.” The Alicorn and the unicorn walked out of the room and then the captain. Only the night princess and I were still sitting down. I just examined the map they had on the table.

“So this is Equestria?” I asked.

“Yes.”

“I see that some of the names of the cities are closely named as in my world.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. Like here Fillydelphia is like Philadelphia. And Manehatten is like the city of Manhattan.”

“Oh.”

“May I ask you something?”

“Of course.”

“Are you…scared of me.”

She looked at me and then she looked down to the map. “To be honest…when I first heard of you in Ponyville… I was scared of you. But when we talked...you didn’t seem much different than a pony. I was scared of you but in the end your just a normal pony or person in this matter.”

“I see.”

She stood up. “Come let’s go eat something. Ponies don’t eat meat but I’m sure that you are okay with eggs and some pancakes.”

“I’ll like that.”

“Then off we go.” We walked out of the war room and into a room with a long table inside was Shining Armor and another alicorn who was pink in color and smaller than Luna and Celestia.

To Luna, he asked, “Why is he here?!”

I responded, “Because I’m going to eat.”

“Not here.”

“What are you’ going to do? Make me leave?”

“Maybe I should.”

“Just try man. I haven’t eaten in three days and if in need to beat you down so I can eat, I will.”

“Would you two stop. You’re acting like dogs!” Luna yelled.

At the same time, me and the alicorn pointed at each other and blamed the other for starting the fight. Luna just stared at us coldly.

The alicorn started again, “Aunt Luna, is this the human…”

“Yes Cadence this is the one.”

“So he is the one that knocked down my husband!” When she said that, my eyes widened. I looked up but I kept my head down. Now she was giving me an ice cold look. Then I looked at Shining Armor. He was rubbing his neck.

“Your neck hurts?”

“From the punch you gave me.” The servants brought food in the placed the plates in front of us. I looked at the ponies to see how they eat. The used the forks like a human would so I grabbed the fork in front of me and I dug right into the eggs first. They observed the way I ate with my hands.

“Weird,” Cadence said.

“What?”

“You eat like a pony.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“It’s a compliment.”

“Funny. In my world comparing us with other animals on the way we eat is an insult. Yet again I’m not on Earth.”

“Is that so?”

“Yeah.”

“Then I think you need to get used to our context.”

“Maybe.” We continued to eat until a guard ran through the door, but this one was different. Its armor was darker and more Gothic. Its eyes were like that of a reptile and its wings were like bat's.

“You’re Highness.” He said.

“Yes Commander”

He was still trying to catch his breath, but he managed to say, “We…we have…spotted the…Griffin Army just outside of Canterlot.” Luna stopped in the middle of chewing her food.

Shining Armor asked, “What do you mean?”

“You know we are not allowed to socialize, but Canterlot is in danger so I will use that as an excuse.” Shining nodded. “Griffins are positioned outside the city and they have cannons with them.”

“What? I thought we were going to negotiate with them tomorrow.”

“I don’t think that’s possible anymore.”

“What do you mean?”

“Celestial Guards were positioned near the area where the Griffins are at. They attacked them. The Lunar Captain send a squad to rescue the guards but… we were only able to save one.”

Everypony and myself were silent. Shining, shocked, asked, “Th…they killed my men?”

“Yes.”

Shining took this harshly, looking down angrily. “I want to see the survivor.”

“You don’t have to ask me. He’s in your branch of the Royal Guard.”

“Where is he?”

“He’s at the infirmary.” At that, they both booked it to the infirmary leaving the two princesses and I sitting at the dining table.

Cadence looked at me asking, “So does this mean we are at war?”

“I think so. Rather that or it was just a warning.”

“A warning?! Killing good stallions as a warning! A warning for what?!”

“A sign that they’re here and they’re ready to attack.”

“What? What kind of monsters will use killing of others as a warning?”

“You’ll be surprised.”

Luna walked over to her niece to calm her down as she said to me, “Gunnery.”

“Yes.”

“I need you to prepare yourself in case if the Griffins decide to attack.”

“Okay, but how am I going to fight. I don’t have my weapons.”

“You’re a soldier, figure it out.” She walked out of the room. I walked to the window to look out to see any sign of violence but all I saw was ponies wandering around the city. Then Shining Armor walked in.

“Where is my wife?”

“She left with Luna.”

“Good.”

“What happen to the wounded guard?”

“He’s been ambushed. The Griffins surrounded him and his troops. They fought the Griffins but, the enemy was smart by killing the Earth pony Guards first.”

“Why the Earth Ponies?”

“Because out of all three ponies tribes the Earth Ponies are naturally strongest.”

“I see.”

“Then they took out the Unicorn because of their ability to use magic. The Pegasi were last.”

“Is the wounded guard a Pegasus?”

“Yes…he barely made it out but his injuries…they might be fatal.”

“Can’t you unicorns cast a healing spell?”

“We can but he’s in a weak state. The spell will only kill him.”

“Looks like you need biofoam.”

“Huh?”

“It’s what every soldier is required to carry with them when they go into battle.”

“What is it?”

“It’s a self-sealing, space-filling coagulant and an antibacterial, tissue-regenerative foam polymer used by the military as a form of medical first aid. The foam keeps damaged organs in place and helps stop bleeding and hemorrhaging. But it hurts like hell.”

“Do you have some with you?”

“No…let’s just hope that your sister brings my equipment. I have biofoam in my backpack.”

“Let’s just hope they hurry back.” We looked out the window for a moment until we heard something that sounded like an explosion.

“What was that?” we looked outside and we saw a small dot.

“What do you think that is Gunnery?”

“I think that’s a…” I looked at it and then I shouted. “Looked out!” I pushed the captain out of the way as the object crashed through the window. I got up and I looked outside as I saw buildings being destroyed. I turned back. “Is that a cannonball?”

“Yes.”

“The war has started.”

…..

One hour later

The city was in a blood bath. Innocent ponies were being slaughtered and the Royal Guard both Luna’s and Celestia’s were struggling to fight the Griffins back. The Guard wouldn’t let me fight because I was a human and they said that this was between Ponies and Griffins. Shining at least let me help by protecting the princesses. We were in the castle where the Griffins have reached the front doors of the castle. Cadence was rocking her body back and forth she was scared. The last time I saw someone like that was in the war. We heard footsteps outside the door of the war room the maids and the princesses huddled in the corner. I pulled my knife out and I climbed over the wall as I hold on to something only God knows to what I was holding. I had the blade ready on my right hand and I waited. I was quite and then the door swung open. I couldn’t believe it! Real life griffins, but there was no time for excitement. I only saw three walk in and a tall one said.

“Well look who we have here. The princess of the night and the princess of love.” Two of them made their way towards the ponies while one stood right under me. I left go as I fell onto the griffin my knife had punctured his head. as they heard the thud the two griffins turned back. The smaller said.

“What is that sir?”

“I don’t know, but kill it!” the small one charged at me. As it swung its sword at me I moved my hand in front of the sword. As the blades met I used my right hand to punch the bird across the face. As it lost its concentration I flipped the knife with the blade facing above my thumb and I stabbed the bird right under his chin. I pulled out the blade and I pushed the body to the ground. I looked at the third one. And he said.

“W…what are you?”

“Nothing really…just a professional of war. I tossed the knife in the air and I caught it from the blade. As the griffin charged towards me I threw the knife straight to its chest. I walked to the bird as I pulled the knife out of its body. Luna walked up to me and said.

“What is that thing made of?”

“Why?”

“The armor of the griffins is made of steel.”

“Well my knife is made of titanium.” She looked at me confused. She we heard more footsteps. I place Luna behind me but instead of more griffins it was Shining Armor and four other stallions. Cadence shouted.

“Shining!” she ran towards him. I looked at the dead bodies. Shining walked up to me and said.

“What happen?”

“The Griffins tried to kill the princesses.” I chuckled and I looked at my knife. “Not bad for someone without a gun.”

“You killed them?”

“Yup.”

“You just killed them without hesitating?”

“Yeah. The damn birds were posing as a threat to the ponies so I had to kill them. If I didn’t you wife would be dead right now.”

“Thank you…for saving Cadence.”

“Don’t thank me Captain. It’s my job. How’s the situation outside?”

The Griffin Army has retreated.”

“That’s not normal for a first attack, they’re planning something.”

“Like what?”

“I’m not sure. But I will tell you this I need you to set a perimeter around the city. We can’t let the Griffins attack us like that again.”

“I will.” He turned to the other guards. “You hear him now go.” One guard said.

“Yes sir.” The guards ran out of the room. I said.

“Now we have to gather the injured and the dead.

…..

Two hours later

I was out in a field helping the ponies bury their loved ones as well as the guards that have been killed in action. Shining Armor walked up to me.

“Gunnery.”

“Yeah.” I walked up to him and he gave me a list. “What is this?”

“The ones that are highlighted blue are injured, the ones in yellow are missing, the green ones are active and the red are…”

“K.I.A.”

“What.”

“K.I.A stands for killed in action. It’s easier to remember. Look.” I grabbed the quill he had. “The reds are K.I.A, okay?” He nodded. The blue are W.I.N which stands for wounded in action. The yellow are M.I.A. and that stands for missing in action. And the green are A.”

“A?”

“It stands for active.”

“Oh.” Then we felt a thud. I turned back and it was Princess Celestia. “Your highness.”

“At ease captain. What happened?” I said.

“The griffins attacked.”

“What? But I thought…”

“We all did. But it looks like you’re at war.”

“I can’t believe this is happening.”

“I will help you fight but first did you bring my equipment?”

“Yes.” She levitated my backpack and my guns. I grabbed my rifles and I place them on my back except for my M-16 and I placed my pistol on the holder. I asked.

“Did you by any chance bring my helmet?”

“Yes here you go.” She gave me my helmet I put in on my head. The Captain looked at me and said.

“That’s a wired helmet.”

“Why.”

“Because it covers your face with some glass.”

“It’s the visor and it protects my face from enemy bullets.”

“Oh.”

“Celestia, if I may, can I wander around the city so I can look for the griffin’s position?”

“Yes…but I will accompany you.”

“Fine by me.” It has passed thirty minutes and we were at the edge of the city. I reached into my backpack and I pulled out my binoculars I looked around and I saw the camp. “Look.” I passed the binoculars to Celestia she looked through them.

“The Griffin camp.”

“Yup.”

“I would love to go and talk to them.”

“Talk fuck that I rather kill them right now I have my sniper rifle with me.”

“Please Gunnery-Sergeant.”

“Fine. This Is your world and your country so I will let you do that but I want to go with you.”

“That I will allow. I still need the protection of someone who has seen war in the past.”

“True.” I looked back at the ruins of some of the buildings of the city. “Still at least your enemy is not using warheads.”

“Warheads?”

“Nuclear bombs.”

“Oh.”

“I think we should have headed back. Ever since we arrived at this spot I noticed that griffins have been leaving their tents and they're staring at us.”

“Okay.” I checked the ammo of my rifle ad I placed the butt of the gun on my shoulder I waited until the princess was ahead of me and then I walked behind her making sure that the enemy wouldn’t attack.

Editing credit goes to bronyman12345.
thank you very much for being my editor bronyman i'm sorry for what's happening. if you can't be my editor then i will have to look for another. thank you very much for being the editor of Humanity in Equestria