• Published 23rd Oct 2012
  • 842 Views, 5 Comments

The Legacy of the Rider III: Misconception - MrAwesome343



The famous Dragon Rider is forced his worst challenge yet: Death for four years...

  • ...
3
 5
 842

Bonus Story: The Breakup Pt. 2

Bonus Chapter: The Breakup Pt. 2

A/N: This chapter has music in it. If you have ungodly Internet speed like I do, scroll down until you find the link, open the tab and pause it so it loads. You're welcome.



Morning rose and Taro flew up to Cloudsdale, just hoping Rainbow Dash would speak to him. If not, he had a backup plan. He looked into the window and saw nopony. "Figures. Now I have to search."

Taro landed in front of Carousel Boutique and knocked. "What do you want this time?" Rarity asked.

"I need to speak with Rainbow Dash."

"And you think I know where she is?"

"No, I think she's here."

"Why in Equestria would you think that?"

"Because I know Rainbow Dash. She wouldn't sulk on her own, she'd go somewhere that she would get attention and comfort from."

"Well she's not here."

Taro opened his mind. "Yes she is. She's upstairs. Third door on the right. With Apple Jack."

"You're not coming in here!"

"Too bad." Taro tried to push passed her, but she continued to block the way. "Do you really want to do that?"


Rainbow Dash lay on the bed. "It's okay, Sugarcube. I'm sure..." Apple Jack was interrupted by a small crash downstairs. "Uh... I should go check that out..."

"Rainbow Dash! My love!" Taro entered the room and set Rarity down, who was in a magical grip. "I've come to explain myself."

"You've got no business bein' here!" Apple Jack taunted.

"You want to end up like Rarity?" Taro asked.

"You don't!" Rarity said from the floor.

Apple Jack stepped aside.

"I don't want to talk to you, Taro," Rainbow Dash said flatly.

"Come on, Rainbow. Don't make me," Taro replied.

-Link-

"Make you what? Even if you did cheat on me, you still wouldn't hurt me."

"It wasn't me, it was Twilight who kissed me," Taro replied.

"Whatever," Rainbow Dash replied, putting her head in a pillow.

"Alright, you made me."

"Made you what?"

He began:

"You see me soarin' through the sky, I see you below as you walk on by, I could clear the sky in 'ten seconds flat', well how about that? Well how about that? I could be sitting here on a cloud, watching the sun as it starts to go down, the only thing missing... is you by my side."

Rarity and AJ looked into the room, surprised.

"Give me smidge of confidence, give me a SPEC of somethin' that makes sense! Give me an idea of dependency, give me a dash of Loyalty."

Taro held Rainbow's chin and looked in her eyes. She stuck for a second before she tore them away. "I could save my lonely soul for you. But the feelin' in my heart can't follow through..." He pet her mane. "You can give your broken heart to me, cuz you know that I'll stay with you, that's why they call me 'Loyalty'."

Rarity and Apple Jack leaned in closer. "Is he singing?" Rarity asked. "He hates singing!"

"You think he might be tellin' the truth?" Apple Jack asked.

"I-it could be... a bribe or something..." Rarity suggested.

Rainbow Dash looked at Taro. Into his eyes. "The sun shines bright and the rain pours on, rainbows here one minute ad then they're gone, they remind me of me and you. What did you do? What did I do? Determination in those eyes, where has it gone, has it said 'good-bye'? A lot has happened, but I'll stay by your side." Taro put his forehead on Rainbow's. "Give me smidge of confidence, give me a SPEC of somethin' that makes sense! Give me an idea of dependency, give me a dash of Loyalty."

Rainbow stuttered. "I-I..."

"I could save my lonely soul for you. But the feelin' in my heart can't follow through. You can give your broken heart to me, cuz you know that I'll stay with you, that's why they call me 'Loyalty'."

"Okay," Rainbow said. "You can stop now..."

Taro spoke. "You got me started, now I need to finish..." . Rainbow Dash smiled. He sang again. "Time stands still when you're with me... How can I make you see? Your crazy antics make me want to scream your name so loud 'til my throat starts to bleed! To blee-heed!"

Rainbow Dash leaned in closer. She closed her eyes and slowly kissed him. Taro broke it and looked at her. "I could save my lonely soul for you... But the feeling in my heart can't follow through. You can give your broken heart to me, cuz you know that I'll stay with you. That's why they call me 'Loyalty'! I could save my lonely soul for you. But the feelin' in my heart can't follow through." They hugged. "You can give your broken heart to me, cuz you know that I'll stay with you, that's why they call me 'Loyalty'."

"I'm sorry I blew up at you Taro..." Rainbow Dash said.

Taro held her cheek. "It's okay." He kissed her again. "I can't believe you thought I'd step out on you. I could never do that to you."

"And I owe you two a huge apology," Twilight said from the doorway. Rarity and Apple Jack jumped in surprise. "I've forced you both into a state of depression... heck, even TARO cried! I've NEVER seem him cry. And he broke several bones in that one mission about a year ago."

"Yeah, he was tough. I don't think I've ever been that hurt before. Well aside from last night."

Rainbow Dash put her cheek against Taro's.

"Will you ever forgive me?" Twilight asked Rainbow.

Rainbow Dash looked at Twilight. "Probably. But not now. I'm still mad at you for kissing me boyfriend. I'll forgive you eventually. I'll forget about it in two weeks or so and we can just let it go, but for now, no. I don't forgive you. Come on, Taro. We have some things of yours we need to put back together back in our room."

"What did you break!"

Rainbow Dash walked outside. "Oh... I... don't want to answer that..."