• Published 23rd Oct 2012
  • 842 Views, 5 Comments

The Legacy of the Rider III: Misconception - MrAwesome343



The famous Dragon Rider is forced his worst challenge yet: Death for four years...

  • ...
3
 5
 842

Bonus Mini-Somewhat Important Chapter 3: Whooves

Bonus Mini- (Somewhat Important) Chapter 3: Whooves

Taro was on his way to Apple-loosa. The vast orchard had been replaced with a forest, Apple-loosa on the opposite side. A door closed and an all-too-familiar pony walked out, but Taro couldn't quite name him. He was tan. A brown mane rested on his head. A fascinating Cutie Mark: a simple hourglass.

The pony caught his eye. "Hello there, stranger," he said calmly. He had an accent.

Taro walked up slowly. "Um... you're not afraid of me?"

"Why would I be? You didn't harm me, I did nothing to you." The pony picked up a small crate of apples.

"What about the separation of humans and ponies?" Taro put his hand on a tree.

"What of it? I think it's stupid. Nice wings, never seen those before." The pony walked toward a nearby shed.

"Really? What about on Taro?"

"I don't even know who that is. Well, aside from this places downfall."

"He wasn't always like that. He was once the greatest hero in all of Equestria and Earth. He was amazing."

"Sounds like it..." Time Turner walked to a small shed. "What's your name?"

Taro thought fast. "Call me... Isron."

"The other ponies call me Time Turner. I'm not very fond of it, but I guess it will do."

"You're aware of the distinction between humans and ponies aren't you?"

Time Turner put the crate down slowly and sighed. "Yes, I am aware."

"Then why do you live so close to the town?"

"I like it here. No humans come by, they just take what's on the outside."

"You must not be from around here, to not hate humans."

"Yeah, I'm not." Time Turner started to pick up another, larger crate. "But you don't seem to hate me," he said, half way through.

Time Turner was having trouble picking it up. Taro grabbed it instead. "I don't. It's nice to have a conversation for once."

"I agree. Thank you."

"No problem. Happy to help." Taro set the crate by the other one. "Where are you from, Time Turner?"

"Dear Isron, the question is not where I came from, but when."

"I don't follow."

"You see, I do know who Taro is. I've been at several fights with him and some villain. Chrysalis, Gen, even Discord. The first time, that is. I was planning on dealing with that, but you beat me to it."

"How did you know these events would happen?"

Well, you see, you're not the only one who lied about his identity. I am The Doctor. I travel through time, using my TARDIS. I didn't get this by making clocks, you know." The Doctor motion toward his flank. That's why he was so familiar. "Although it is a hobby." He tossed a small, silver pocket watch to Taro.

"Why do you stay here if you can just go wherever you want with your TARDIS?"

"I'm curious."

"About what?"

"I want to see how you handle this mess."