• Published 23rd Oct 2012
  • 842 Views, 5 Comments

The Legacy of the Rider III: Misconception - MrAwesome343



The famous Dragon Rider is forced his worst challenge yet: Death for four years...

  • ...
3
 5
 842

Chapter 11: Heir

Chapter 11: Heir


Taro pulled out the sword, panting. Discord's lifeless body fell to the ground, revealing the source of the attack. Jarden was standing on a bright red dragon. "I can't believe you decided to do this without me," he said, lowering his casting arm.

Taro smiled. "Welcome back."

Jarden stepped off of the head of Chalmen. Before he hit the ground, Lyzia ran out and hugged him and kissed him. "You're alive," she said, her eyes damp with tears.

Rissa joined by Jay's side, still holding the egg.

"I am now," Jarden replied.

"Well then," Taro said, stepping on Thatch's head and being lifted up. "I hope you have all realized what had truly happened. Your hero has returned, with his apprentice." Taro tuned and looked at Jarden. He was holding his wife, Rainbow Dash stood next to Jarden, and Rissa and Jay held hands. Taro smiled. "If you wish to return to your normal lives before this had all started, that would be greatly appreciated."

"And we would like to take up our previous stances as raising the sun and moon," Celestia said, walking up to them with Luna by her side.

The crowd stared in awe, but soon broke into cheer, shouting "the rider has returned!"

Taro smiled as he was let down by Thatch. He sighed and turned toward his family, smiling lightly. He walked toward them.

"You're a hero once again, Taro," Rainbow Dash said.

"No, we all are. I couldn't have done it without any of you."

The egg glowed slightly in Rissa's hand. A crack appeared. Then another. Soon, cracks erupted from all over the egg. Suddenly a baby, purple dragon was standing in Rissa's hand. Her hand glowed. It soon revealed a small hollow teardrop. Taro and Jarden stared at each other smiling wide.

"Rissa, you're a dragon rider!" Jay shouted in amazement.

"My daughter has inherited the legacy!" Jarden shouted.

"Rissa, this is amazing!" Taro said.

"W-what does that even mean?" Rissa asked, holding the dragon.

"Who cares!" Jay said, shaking her shoulders. "You're a dragon rider!" He grabbed her and kissed her. Jay backed off in shock of his own actions. Rissa grabbed him and pulled him closer, kissing him again.

The dragon growled quietly in her hands. Everyone looked at it. It was so helpless. Taro walked up to it and took it in his arms. "Come on," he said. "Let's go home."