• Published 23rd Oct 2012
  • 842 Views, 5 Comments

The Legacy of the Rider III: Misconception - MrAwesome343



The famous Dragon Rider is forced his worst challenge yet: Death for four years...

  • ...
3
 5
 842

Chapter 10: Hero's Return

Chapter 10: Hero's Return


Many ponies and humans had gathered in Canterlot to view the occasion that had been scheduled. Taro, Thatch, Rainbow, and Jay were in the middle of the crowd. Taro checked the watch The Doctor gave him. 6:59. All who wanted to come have arrived. Taro stood on top of Thatch, took a deep breath, and said: "Ponies and humans alike, you are all probably wondering what all of this is about. Well, I will show you." Taro nodded to Thatch, who gave a powerful roar. "Discord! Come out from your hiding spot, beneath us. We know you're there!" Nothing. "Alright, the hard way, then!"

Thatch took his claw and scooped the cobblestone road out and dug. It only took one paw-full to reach the caves, revealing Discord. "Hold on, I'm coming," he said, climbing out of the hole.

"Draumr Kopa," Taro said. That wasn't Discord.

"Thatch, go get Discord while I take care of Chrysalis," Taro said, jumping off.

"Hello Taro," Not-Discord said, transforming her own human female form. "It's been such a long time since I killed you."

Both humans and ponies looked shocked.

"Yes, it has. I see you've made everyone think wrong of me."

The changeling laughed.

"Alright, enough talk. Let's fight!" Taro charged for changeling. He slashed upwards, only to have it blocked. The changeling swung overhead, and Taro sidestepped to dodge. He swung the end of the hilt toward the head of Chrysalis, nailing her in the cheek. Taro pulled back again to swipe at her stomach. The changeling quickly recovered to block the attack. She then swung her blade down again. Taro parried the blow and swung over head as well.

The changeling blocked his move, and he swung upward, diagonally. The changeling backed up to avoid it and swung at Taro. He tried to back away, but was too slow, receiving a cut right shoulder.

"Taro!" Rainbow Dash shouted. She tried to go help, but Jay stopped her.

"No, this is his fight," he said in a stern voice.

Taro switched to his left hand, which was just as powerful. He swiped again, but the attack was blocked. The changeling swung Taro's blade over her head to the other side of her and attempted to stab Taro. He quickly threw out his right hand. "Skolir!" The blade broke the shield, but it had mostly stopped. In the changeling's sudden confusion over the shield, Taro kicked her in her gut, pushing her back. Taro swung sideways, but the changeling's sword got in the way of his fatality. She was knocked back even more.

Taro swung over his head, which she also parried. Impressive, Taro thought. She had fallen, but was blocking all of his attacks on her way to the ground.

Taro kicked again, hitting her in the face. She retaliated by trying to roll backwards, but Taro stopped her with a spell. "Jierda theirra kalfis!" In an instant, the changelings legs broke with aloud crack. "Kveykva!" A green bolt shot from his hand to the chest of the changeling. She collapsed on the ground, appearing dead. Taro didn't want to take any chances. He rose his sword in the air and stabbed her through her throat. Only then did she revert to her changeling state.

"Taro, you did it!" Rainbow Dash congratulated. She ran up and hugged him.

"Not yet," Taro replied as he heard Thatch roar. He soon brought Discord, locked between his jaws.

"Well, well, Taro. You've come back. And I see you've beheaded my changeling. That's really a shame."

"I'm going to murder you so hard you'll never come back," Taro said with a stern look.

Rainbow Dash leaned in. "Dude, lame."

Taro pushed her away. "You're going to regret ever coming back to life."

"Oh I AM now? Hmm... I don't see the Elements of Harmony anywhere..."

"I don't need them anymore. You see, Discord, I've learned a few things in the past few days I've been resurrected. First thing, it's weird getting resurrected. Feeling your soul return to your body?" Taro shuttered. "Second, you're a cold, heartless bastard. Third thing, you used most of your power to create chaos in separating humans from ponies. And finally, you haven't gained that power back yet. I don't need the six elements to do anything to you, I only need one. Mine. When I left for Apple-loosa, I had Kayderon infuse my sword with the Element of Heroism. The magic of my sword and the magic of the element are more than enough."

"Ooh, I'm scared," Discord taunted.

Taro silently lit Kveykva. "You should be." He ran at Discord.

Taro's sword connected with Discord. The ponies sat watching as Taro and Discord fought. Taro kept swinging, Discord blocking with a chaotic shield. No one seemed to gain the advantage as Taro's sword flashed with each collision. Every his was met with a small dark aura. They were untouchable. But then... "Thrysta!" The back of Discord's head was knocked forward from the blow. Taro was in shock, but quickly took his chance. He stabbed through the roof of Discord's chin to the top of his head.