• Published 23rd Oct 2012
  • 842 Views, 5 Comments

The Legacy of the Rider III: Misconception - MrAwesome343



The famous Dragon Rider is forced his worst challenge yet: Death for four years...

  • ...
3
 5
 842

Bonus Chapter 1: Jay's Adoption

Bonus Mini-Chapter 1: Jay's Adoption


Two weeks ago, Taro and Rainbow Dash decided to adopt. They settled on a human for Taro to pass his knowledge onto. They were at a small orphanage, run by a pony with three smiling faces on her light blue flank.

"So were you looking for a pony or human?" she asked, walking them through the house.

"Human," Taro replied.

"Well we don't have too many humans here, but we have a few." She led them into the next room, where a green haired six-year-old boy stood, defending a little girl from some bullies. The bullies who were picking on her were 15 at the least.

"Come on, you little twerp." One of the bullies put up his fists to fight.

"I won't fight you," said the kid.

"Why, can't fight like a real man like your hero?"

"Like Taro would even defend the likes of you anyway," said another bully.

"He would to! He's a hero!"

"He wouldn't even bother with you."

The child got tears in his eyes. "And why wouldn't I? Is there something wrong with fighting for what you believe in?" Taro said, walking up to the child. "Because I can see this little girl here was in trouble."

"N-no sir, he just... um..." the first one stuttered.

"You can leave whenever you feel like," Taro said.

The others ran off and Taro was left with the child and the girl he was defending.

"Thanks," she said, running off.

Taro looked at the little boy. He was staring at Taro, eyes wide and mouth ready to catch flies.

Taro laughed. "I can see I have a fan." Taro knelt down to him. "And it just so happens that Rainbow Dash and I are searching for a child."

He knew where this was going. "Yes, yes, yes!" he chanted.

The owner of the orphanage took Taro and Rainbow Dash aside. "Are you sure you want Jay? He can be quite the... handful... sometimes. He doesn't like taking orders from people, no matter what the age. And he's usually quite the troublemaker. Relentless, he doesn't stop for anything..."

Taro and Rainbow Dash looked at each other. "He's perfect," Rainbow Dash said.