• Published 23rd Oct 2012
  • 842 Views, 5 Comments

The Legacy of the Rider III: Misconception - MrAwesome343



The famous Dragon Rider is forced his worst challenge yet: Death for four years...

  • ...
3
 5
 842

Bonus Epilogue: Rainbow's Death

Bonus Epilogue 1: Rainbow's Death


Taro and Jay sat next to Rainbow Dash on the hospital bed. Her breathing was steady. She opened her eyes. Her mane had just started to fade, her eyes blanketed by wrinkles.

"Hey," she said weakly.

"Hey," Taro replied. "How you doing?"

"Good..."

Taro's eyes were starting to get wet. "I'll miss you..."

"Don't. Promise me you won't mope for too long. Find someone else, I won't mind."

Taro shook his head. "I can't find someone else. I love only you. I can never love another mare nor woman. I'll only love you..." Taro was almost crying at the loss of his wife. He had known her for years, loved her for years. "I can't just let you go."

"Don't cry for too long, Taro." Taro crawled onto the bed with her.

"I can't promise you that." He wrapped his arms around her and held her head close, tears rocketing from his eyes. "I love you, Rainbow."

"I know you do, Taro." Taro held her and rocked back and forth with her in his arms.

"I'll never let you go..." The life line slowed. "Rainbow..." It slowed more. Taro started to sob more. "Rainbow?" No answer. The life line dropped. "Rainbow!" he sobbed. He held her body. "Rainbow!" he cried. He sniffed as he stood.

"Taro?" Jay asked. "Where are you going?"

Taro didn't stop. He ran slowly through the lobby, ignoring everyone completely.

He stopped in the middle of a forest. Taro put his closed fist on a tree, sobbing hard. He removed his fist and punched the tree as hard as he could. With his inhuman strength, the chunk he hit flew out of the tree, causing it to fall.

"Dad, are you alright?" Jay asked behind him.

He turned around and met his gaze. He was 45 years old. Jay was looking older than Taro. "No I'm not alright, my wife just died!" he sobbed, hitting the top of the stump. It split into four before Taro's fist reached the ground. He fell to his knees.

"Hey, Dad. It's okay." Jay put his hand on Taro's shoulder.

"No it's not! I'm watching as you, Lyzia, and Rainbow Dash age while I stay the same! I have to watch you die! I have to watch everyone die!" Taro sobbed even harder. "I protected you all for this? For you guys to die in front of me?"

"No, for us to die with loved ones by our side. So we can live another day to be with those we love. Dad, Rissa and I already spoke about what will happen when one of us dies. We both agreed that, no matter what, we will keep on going. We would try and change this world for the better. It's what we both want. What would Rainbow Dash say if you just sat here and cried over her for the next 50 years?"

Taro looked at Jay and stood. "I don't know. I guess we'll never find out."