• Published 23rd Oct 2012
  • 842 Views, 5 Comments

The Legacy of the Rider III: Misconception - MrAwesome343



The famous Dragon Rider is forced his worst challenge yet: Death for four years...

  • ...
3
 5
 842

Epilogue 3: I Bring the Sun

Epilogue 3: I Bring the Sun


A/N: There's a link later in the chapter. If you have ungodly Internet speed like I do, scroll down and open it so it can load.

(Three years later)

Taro was dealing with yet another small problem of PonyVille. A human blacksmith needed the last anvil, but the pony clerk wouldn't sell it to him.

"Well if it's on reserve for someone who's not you, I guess you don't get to buy the anvil! Do you really need a freaking Dragon Rider to tell you that?" Taro complained.

"But my old one is falling apart!" said the blacksmith.

"Too bad, tough it out a little longer. I get the next set of anvils next week, I'll put one on hold for you," piped in the clerk.

"Taro!" Jay shouted, running.

"Jay, what's wrong?" Taro asked.

"The princesses, they're in trouble!"

Taro immediately took off toward the high city of Canterlot, breaking the sound barrier three times before even landing.

He crashed through the window of the castle just in time to be grabbed by a servant, dressed in all black.

"Taro," Luna said, surprised. Both of them were on the ground.

A man in black stood over the princesses and laughed. "Welcome, Dragon Rider. Now you can witness the death of your beloved princesses!" he shouted, raising a bright, silver sword.

"NO!" Taro shouted. He brought up his hand the best he could and directed it at the man. "Jierda!" The man holding him and the man with the sword were blasted back. The sword had graced the necks of Luna and Celestia before hitting the ground. Taro ran up to the princesses. The wounds looked fatal. All he could think was how it was his fault. It must have shown in his eyes.

Celestia spoke weakly. "Taro, do not fault yourself to this. We will join into the sun and moon and continue the rotation of day and night. You have done nothing wrong."

"You have saved Equestria from many fights. We are grateful to you."

"We talked it over earlier. We were going to give you our thanks by allowing you to change the position of sun and moon however you feel."

Luna and Celestia's horns glowed bright. The light flowed from the entirety of the horn to the tip before it flowed into Taro's hands and up the rest of his body.

"Use it well," Luna said.

"Now, we must fall. Equestria is under your command, King Taro," Celestia replied, her final breath falling out of her chest.

Taro stood up and went to the window he broke. Many ponies and humans gathered in front of the castle to see what had happened. He had apparently made quite the commotion.

Taro stood on the empty window sill. "Citizens of Equestria, your former rulers have just fallen and have deemed me king. Nothing should change from what your life was yesterday, aside from no princesses to rule you. The sun and moon will still change the way they did before."

-Link-

Three weeks Taro had been king. He sat now on the balcony of his home in Ponyville with Rainbow Dash by his side and a sunset in front of him. One leg dangled off the edge.

"It's a beautiful sunset," Rainbow Dash said.

Taro nodded. "And this one is just for you."

Rainbow Dash leaned on Taro. "Thanks."

Taro put his arm around his wife. "No problem." He turned to her. "And so long as I'm alive, every sunset, every sunrise, every noon, any time of the day, it's made just for you." Taro kissed her on the cheek. "I love you, Rainbow Dash, never forget that." Rainbow Dash turned toward Taro and Taro slowly leaned in for a kiss on her sweet lips. He rose his finger and pointed it at the sun. His finger started to glow dim as he moved it down, beyond the horizon, darkening PonyVille as their lips met.

"I won't," Rainbow Dash said through the kiss.

End of 'Legacy of the Rider III'
End of Trilogy

I hope you all enjoyed my first series/stories. Thank Rubberduck248 in the comments for suggesting the song.