• Published 18th Oct 2012
  • 5,478 Views, 133 Comments

Pinkamena's Awakening - Kingsley



With Pinkie facing an inevitable demise, what havoc will Pinkamena cause when unleashed?

  • ...
16
 133
 5,478

Final Words

Chapter 9: Final Words




Twilight sprinted in front of the group and tackled Pinkamena, biting her cloak and throwing her over her body into the center of the room. Rainbow Dash followed up with a downwards kick directly into Pinkamena's cheek, causing her body to slid back with a trail of blood following behind her. Pinkamena pulled herself together, trying to stand up before succumbing to more attacks.

"I don't understand..." Pinkamena thought. "They're attacks are so swift now..."

Applejack delivered a devastating blow to her torso, causing her stagger backwards.

"I can't keep up with them anymore..." Pinkamena thought. "Have the elements really weakened me to a point where I can't even dodge their most simplest attacks?..."

Twilight and Rarity both fired a barrage of magic bolts to her while she was staggered. Pinkamena fell to her knees, her body bruised and smoking from the continuous magic attacks.

"I was at the top of power and I'm losing..." Pinkamena thought. "But after coming this far... I can't... I just can't POSSIBLY LOSE HERE.

"Alright everyone! Now is our chance to finish her off! Fluttershy, would you like to deliver the final blow?" Twilight said.

"Who me?" Fluttershy said. "I-I don't know if I ca-"

"Hey, if anyone's gonna be the star here, it's going to be me!" Rainbow Dash said. "You guys sit down and watch how a pro handles it!"

Rainbow Dash flew towards Pinkamena, about to deliver the final blow.

"Can't lose... can't lose... can't lose... can't lose..." Pinkamena spoke to herself. "No... Not here... Heh heh heh..."

"It's over Pinkamena!" Rainbow Dash said, her hoof about to punch Pinkamena in the face, but was stopped mid-air. "Huh!? Hey! What's going on!?"

Pinkamena stood up and looked up at Rainbow Dash, her eyes bloodshot and her pupils dilated.

"Hehehehe... You shouldn't be so quick to think that you've won..." Pinkamena said.

Rainbow Dash shoved Pinkamena away and flew back towards her friends, fearing what might happen next.

"Watch out guys, she isn't done yet!" Rainbow Dash said. "Let's get he-"

Twilight put her hoof in front of Rainbow to stop her from charging. Twilight looked at Pinkamena and started to walk towards her.

"Twilight! What are you doing!?" Rainbow Dash said.

Twilight disregarded Rainbow's question and proceeded towards Pinkamena. Twilight looked her, her body bloody and beat up, her face bruised and eyes showing only hate.

"What are you going to do!? HUH! You think you can beat me!?" Pinkamena said.

Twilight walked closer and closer to Pinkamena, Pinkamena shot a blast of darkness towards Twilight, but missed.

"You take one step closer and you can make sure that I won't miss a second time!" Pinkamena yelled.

Twilight just walked closer with a smile on her face.

"I'M WARNING YOU! COME CLOSER AND I WILL KILL YO-" Pinkamena screamed.

Twilight raised her arms at Pinkamena... and hugged her.

"...!?" Pinkamena said. "Wha-What are you..."

"I've thought about it for a while now, and I finally realized why you're doing all of this." Twilight said.

"Wh-What do you mean!? How could you possibly understand my motives!" Pinkamena said.

Twilight released herself from Pinkamena.

"It's so simple, yet so complicated at the same time." Twilight said. "You and Pinkie were once the same person long ago, but you were locked away into her mind when she saw that Sonic Rainboom."

"I already know this! I'm the one who told you what happened in the first place!" Pinkamena said.

"Yes, and because of that you yourself have never experienced what it feels like to have friends, to laugh and play with them." Twilight said. "To feel happy."

Pinkamena backed up a bit.

"S-So? What does it matter if I haven't experienced love or happiness or whatever! Just look at how strong you can become without those stupid emotions holding you back!" Pinkamena said.

"Alright then" Twilight said. "Just what do you plan to do then when your plans succeed and you take over everything and everyone in Equestria?"

"Well that's simple, I would... I would..." Pinkamena said.

"You might be the most powerful being at the moment, thriving off anger and hate from everyone else." Twilight said. "But when you look at the big picture, you have absolutely nothing to gain in the end."

Pinkamena stood there, confused and angry at herself.

"Well then what else am I supposed to do!? I was pretty much created in all forms of negativity! It's all that goes through my mind! IT"S WHO AND WHAT I AM! WHAT ELSE IS THERE THAT I CAN DO!?" Pinkamena yelled, walking closer to Twilight. "What...else?"

Twilight waved her friends to come here, and extended her hoof at Pinkamena.

"What are you doing?" Pinkamena said.

"I'd like to be your friend Pinkamena." Twilight said.

Pinkamena's eyes widened, completely shocked of Twilight's request.

"Y-Your friend!? Are you serious!?" Pinkamena said. "I resurrected Discord, took over the Royal Guard, destroyed most of Canterlot and the other towns and cities and nearly killed you guys and you're asking me to be your FRIEND!?"

"It's not your fault that you were created in isolation from the rest of the world, something like you isn't even supposed to exist." Twilight said. "But I guess since it's Pinkie we're dealing with, anything is possible right?

"Twilight's got a point." Applejack said. "Heck it isn't your fault that you came out this way."

Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Rarity all nodded their head in agreement.

Pinkamena stood quiet for minute, she turned around and looked at Celestia still fighting Nightmare Moon. She closed her eyes and raised her hoof, the dark energy that was controlling Luna left her body and went back to Pinkamena. Luna fell to the ground, returned to normal. She then turned around and looked at Twilight again.

"You don't blame me... for everything that I've done..." Pinkamena said. "and then you ask me to be friend..."

Pinkamena turned her head and she started to cry.

"Ever since I escaped my imprisonment, all anyone's ever displayed is fear and violence towards me..." Pinkamena said.
"You're the first person to have ever showed me any kindness whatsoever..."

"I'm sorry it took me a while to realize, but no one can blame you for your actions Pinkamena." Twilight said, putting a hoof on Pinkamena's shoulder.

Pinkamena walked away towards Princess Celestia, who was sitting down with Luna.

"I... I want to apologize for everything I've done..." Pinkamena said. "But I don't expect you to forgive me for what I've done to you and your subjects..."

Celestia waved Pinkamena to come closer.

"I heard what Twilight said before, about you and how you came to be." Celestia said. "and I want to say that I agree with them."

"R-Really?" Pinkamena said.

"Mhm, I understand that your creation was unintentional, and that you were only formed from negativity." Celestia said. "With that being the only thing exposed to in your confinement, I'm not surprised this is how you turned out."

Pinkamena turned around and looked at Twilight again.

"Such understanding... I never thought I'd be graced with it... Hehehehe..." Pinkamena said. "Pinkie Pie really does have some great friends."

"You have nothing to be ashamed of Pinkamena, it's just who you are I suppose." Twilight said, with a laugh.

"Thank you... Twilight Sparkle." Pinkamena said, who then smiled for the first time. "This feeling... It makes me feel... relaxed... Heh... Could this be what I wanted all along?..."

"I'm glad to see that you've had such a change of heart." Twilight said.

"Well Twilight, as I've said I have you to thank for that." Pinkamena said. "In return... I will release Pinkie, and give her back her body..."

"You will?" Twilight said. "But then what will happen to you?"

"I'll return to the prison that I was held in my entire life..." Pinkamena said. "Obvious is it not?"

"What!?" Twilight said. "You're going to go back there?"

"I don't have any other choice Twilight, it's where I was created... so it's where I'll return..." Pinkamena said.

Twilight became heartbroken, helping Pinkamena realize how it feels to be accepted, rather then resented... only to have her sent back to complete solitude again.

"Do not pity me Twilight, as much as I appreciate your feelings... There isn't any other choice." Pinkamena said. "Besides, I can't stay here... I was never supposed to exist in the first place... Heh... It's kind of funny don't you think?... I spent my entire imprisonment trying to get out of there... and now all I want to do is go back..."

Twilight and her friends started to cry a little, even Rainbow Dash shed a few tears.

"Goodbye Twilight... and thank you." Pinkamena said.

Pinkamena's eyes started to glow a bright white and after a few seconds, her body collapsed onto the ground.

"Pinkamena!" Twilight said, all of them running towards her body.





At Pinkie Pie's Perspective...





Pinkie was still in her floating prison, eyes closed, trying to ignore whatever horrors Pinkamena created. Pinkie started to hear footsteps though however in the distant void.

"Huh?... Is... someone there?" Pinkie said.

The shadowy figure started to walk closer and closer to her until she was visible.

"...!?" Pinkie said. "Pinkamena!? Wh-What are you doing back here?"

"Hello Pinkie Pie." Pinkamena said. "Tell me, how does it feel to be stuck here for only a few days?"

"It's... horrible. I can't blame you for the way you came out..." Pinkie said. "But even so... if you hurt my friends in any way I swear I'll never forgive you!"

Pinkamena started to laugh a little.

"What? What's so funny?" Pinkie said.

"Your friends are alright Pinkie." Pinkamena said. "and I'm here to say that... I'm setting you free."

"You're... letting me go?" Pinkie said.

"Yes, I'm returning to my prison here of my own free will." Pinkamena said. The chains slowly unraveling from Pinkie's body and moving to constrict Pinkamena once again.

"But... why?" Pinkie said. "You've spent your entire life waiting for the chance to escape and now you're choosing to return? I don't understand..."

"Hmph, it was your friend Twilight Sparkle, who was the first person to ever show me any acts of kindness..." Pinkamena said. "Something that I've never experienced myself before..."

Pinkie started to feel more sad than happy to the fact that she could leave at the moment.

"Are you actually feeling sad towards me?" Pinkamena said.

"Well yea..." Pinkie said. "I mean... if you stay return here, won't you go back to losing your mind again?"

"I don't think so..." Pinkamena said. "I think I'll fine for the most part now..."

A white portal then opened behind Pinkie, so that she may return to her body.

"Go Pinkie, return your friends." Pinkamena said. "and continue living your happy-go-lucky life."

Pinkie looked back at the portal, and then turned back to look at Pinkamena.

"...I promise..." Pinkie said. "I promise! One day I'll help you leave this place for good! Don't you forget that!"

Pinkamena's eyes widened, as she started to laugh to herself.

"Hahaha!... You really are something else." Pinkamena said, signaling Pinkie to go through the portal.

Pinkie looked at Pinkamena, they both smiled at eachother, and Pinkie turned around and went through the portal.

...

... ...

Pinkie Pie opened her eyes, everything was blurry at first, but when she came to she was surrounded by her friends

"Pinkie?" Twilight said. "Is that you?"

"Ughhh... Twilight? I-Is that you?" Pinkie said. "Aughhh, my head hurts... and I am wearing Pinkamena's cloak?"

Twilight and her friends all ran to hug Pinkie Pie, everyone laughing and happy to see Pinkie back to normal.

"Ohhh Pinkie! We're so glad that you're back!" Twilight said.

"Aww thanks guys! It's really great to be back!" Pinkie said. "But... it was weird... Pinkamena returned to her prison of her own free will... what did you say to her to get her to do that?"

"I just thought that I'd offer to be friends with her, since no one has ever tried being nice to her." Twilight said. "It worked... but I was honestly depressed a little when she just left..."

"I'm very proud of you Twilight." Celestia said. "I always knew that you could do it."

"Thank you Princess Celestia." Twilight said. "But it wasn't so much a victory as it was a loss..."

"I understand where you're coming from my dear student, but there was nothing else that we could do at the moment." Celestia said.

"I guess you're right Princess." Twilight said. "I only wish their was..."

Queen Chrysalis then comes into the Throne Room.

"Twilight" Chrysalis said. "I assume you've won?"

"Chrysalis, I'm so glad you're okay!" Twilight said.

"Ohh how thoughtful of you" Chrysalis said, sarcastically.

"What happened with Discord and the guards?" Twilight said. "And my brother!? What happened to Shining Armor!? Oh! And Cadence! What happened t-"

"Calm down there, all the guards, including Shining Armor and Cadence were lifted from Pinkamena's control shortly after you defeated her." Chrysalis said. "And Discord was returned to a statue in the midst of out battle."

"Oh thank goodness!" Twilight said. "Thank you so much for helping Queen Chrysalis."

"Don't think this makes us friends or anything now, the next time we meet we're enemies once more." Chrysalis said, leaving the Throne Room with her changelings.

Twilight walked outside and saw Canterlot itself in ruins.

"It looks like we still have a lot of work to do if we want to return Canterlot, and the rest of Equestria, back to normal." Twilight said.

"Twilight is right." Luna said. "Just because Pinkamena is gone, doesn't mean the damage she caused will disappear as well."

"Ohh my sister! I'm so glad you're alright now..." Celestia said.

"Yes sister, I'm fine now." Luna said. "But Twilight is right, we have much work to do if we want to fix everything."

"You're right." Celestia said. "Come Twilight and friends, we have a lot of work to do."

"Come on everyone." Twilight said. "Let's go"

They all left the Throne Room except Pinkie, who was sitting there in thought.

"Come on Pinkie Pie!" Rainbow Dash said. "We got a job to do!"

"Oh yea sorry Rainbow, I'm coming!" Pinkie said, following her friends outside the castle.

...

... ...

"Heh... look at that... so many things are in ruin and so much work must be done in order to fix it..." Pinkamena said. "She might be an odd, weird, and somewhat annoying pony... but she's a good friend... and she always keeps her friends smiling..."





The End