• Published 18th Oct 2012
  • 5,478 Views, 133 Comments

Pinkamena's Awakening - Kingsley



With Pinkie facing an inevitable demise, what havoc will Pinkamena cause when unleashed?

  • ...
16
 133
 5,478

Dilemma

Chapter 5: Dilemma



Twilight and her friends had been resting for quite some time now, but everyone felt uneasy and nervous, how could they
possibly feel relaxed when one of their best friends' had just been taken away from them? Everypony sat there pondering
what to do next, until Rainbow Dash broke the silence.

"Arghhhh! I can't take this! We can't just sit here and do nothing while Pinkamena is out there wreaking havoc on everyone!" Rainbow Dash said.

"I know how you feel Rainbow, but what can we do? If we go after her it'll only be a repeat of what happened before." Twilight said. "Or maybe even worse..."

"So what do we do? I agree with Rainbow on this one, we can't just sit here the whole time. There must be something we can do." Rarity said.

"At the very least we could warn Princess Celestia about the situation." Rarity continued. "That is if she doesn't already know."

"Great idea Rarity, we have to let the princess know about this!" Twilight said. "Especially since Pinkamena is as strong, or maybe even stronger, than the princess herself."

"Spike! Come over here! I need you to write a letter to the princess immediately!" Twilight ordered.

"You got it Twilight, just tell me what to write!" Spike said.

"Alright Spike, here we go." Twilight said.







Dear Princess Celestia,

This message is of utmost importance, one of our best friends, Pinkie Pie,

has been taken over by a manifestation of her own negative emotions as odd as it may sound.

But what I'm telling you is the truth and she goes by the name of Pinkamena. Her power is beyond that

of normal ponies and her only objective is to wreak havoc and chaos wherever she goes, as revenge for being

trapped in Pinkie's mind for so long. The last time I saw her she was wearing a black outfit with red streaks

going through it. Her eyes have become a blood red, and her mane darkened. I assume it will only be a matter

of time before she makes her way to Canterlot and I ask that you please be careful. I do though however have

one request. If she does come to Canterlot, I ask that you please not use any potentially lethal forces in

response to her presence. Pinkamena may not be Pinkie at the moment, but she's still in there and she's still

out friend, and we'll do whatever it takes to get her back!

Your Faithful Student,

Twilight Sparkle





"Did you get all that Spike?" Twilight said.

"Sure did." Spike said.

"Good, now send it right now." Twilight said.

Spike sent the message to Princess Celestia.

"Let's hope Princess Celestia takes my letter seriously." Twilight said.

"Don't worry Twi, She'll believe you, ah know she will." Applejack said.

"I hope so Applejack." Twilight said. "But what should we do now?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Rarity said. "We must head to Canterlot now at once!"

"What? Why would we go there no-" Twilight said.

"Wouldn't you rather be by Celestia's side at a time like this? To make sure that she'll be alright?" Rarity said.

Everyone else looked at Twilight, with smiles on their faces.

"You all want to go to?" Twilight said.

"Heck yea!" Rainbow Dash said. "Someone's gotta protect the princess ya know!"

"Ah reckon we'll all feel a lot better if we were in the princess's presence." Applejack said.

"I agree with Applejack, the princess's castle does have a nice feeling to it." Fluttershy said softly.

Twilight saw that everyone clearly wanted to go, what right did she have to say no to her friends?

"Then it's settled I guess!" Twilight said. "Let's head out for Canterlot!"

"Spike, you stay here and keep an eye on the place, if Pinkamena comes back write to Celestia, we'll most likely be with her at the time." Twilight said.

"Yes ma'm!" Spike said.

"Alright everyone, let's go!" Twilight exclaimed.

Everyone head outside, to their surprise, Ponyville was completely unscathed.

"That's odd, ah expected there to be a trail of death and destruction in her path." Applejack said.

"Yea, I thought it would be something like what she showed me in her vision." Twilight said.

"I guess she's taking things slow first, trying to keep a low profile." Twilight said. "But what else could she be planning?"

"Ah don't know, but let's not stick around to find out." Applejack said. "Cmon ya'll! Let's go to see the princess!"





At Princess Celestia's Throne Room...





Princess Celestia was sitting in her throne, as she always is, when she received the letter from Twilight.

"Ah, a letter from Twilight, how wonderful." Princess Celestia said.

Princess Celestia read Twilight's letter, her face changed from graceful to discontent.

"Oh my, this is very serious if what she's telling me is true." Princess Celestia said. "However, i'll need to confirm her
suspicions before I take any immediate actions."

Princess Celestia called two royal guards into the throne room.

"Yes, Your Majesty." The two guards said simultaneously.

"I have just received a most urgent letter from one of my students, have their been any unusual reports from those here in Canterlot?" Princess Celestia said.

"Actually Your Highness, There have been a few reports of sightings of an odd pony in a dark outfit, moving around quite sneakily throughout the town." The Guard said.

Celestia's saw that as enough information to confirm Twilight's suspicions.

"Thank you, but now I have a task for you two." Celestia said. "I'm declaring a state of emergency as of now, tell the other members of the royal guard to be on the lookout for a mysterious pony dressed in a black outfit with red streaks."

"Citizens are to say inside their homes until further notice, if the situation gets worse, issue an evacuation." Celestia said.

"And one more thing, try your best not to use lethal force if you encounter this pony, try your best to incapacitate her at best. Celestia said. "The authorization of lethal force is granted if you have no other choice."

The two guards were shocked by the unbelievable order they were given, but agreed to it nonetheless.

"Here is a documentation of it with my signature for those who do not believe you." Celestia said. "Now go."

"Yes, Your Majesty." The two guards said as they left the room.

Princess Celestia sat in her throne, confused about the entire situation.

"Oh Twilight, I hope what your telling me is truly that dangerous." Celestia said.





At Pinkamena's Perspective...





Pinkamena had just entered Canterlot and started to wonder how she would get to the gardens.

"Hmm, Let's see now... I think i'll stick to the rooftops for now, seeing my appearance I would no doubt attract unnecessary
attention." Pinkamena said.

Pinkamena hopped from roof to roof, trying to make sure that others didn't see her. She noticed some ponies though however saw her and ran to report their sightings.

"Pfft, I guess i'm not as dexterous as I thought I was." Pinkamena said. "I can't really stop those who saw me, it would cause too much of a disturbance."

"Guess I'll just have to be more careful." Pinkamena said.

Pinkemena continued her way to the gardens until she heard an announcement on the loud speaker.

"Attention citizens of Canterlot! This is a message from Princess Celestia herself." The announcer said.

"Hmm?" Pinkamena wondered.

"She has declared a state of emergency! All ponies are to stay inside their homes at all times starting now until further notice." The announcer said.

"There is a mysterious pony in black within the vicinity who is believed to have destructive intentions." The announcer said.

"Anyone seen outside during the lock down will be dealt with personally, and put under the assumption of being an accomplice to this mysterious pony." The announcer said.

"Report to your homes at once and wait for any further notices, that is all." The announcer said.

After the announcement finished, ponies were running back to their homes as fast as they could, leaving the streets quiet and empty.

"Well well, I must say I didn't expect that." Pinkamena said.

"Princess Celestia calling a state of emergency, only of a few reports of a suspicious looking pony?" Pinkamena said.

"Hehehe... I don't know whether to commend her for making such a decision, or ridicule her for such an outrageous accusation." Pinkamena said.

"Nevertheless, she made the right decision for her subjects." Pinkamena said. "I wonder if she knows how bad the situation is for her actually."

The sky started to get dark, and thunder could be heard while it stared to rain.

"Just what I need." Pinkamena said sarcastically.

"Enough stalling." Pinkamena said. " I better head to the gardens before security tightens."

Instead of jumping on rooftops, she decided to be stealthy on the ground, the rain hopefully making it harder for them to see her. Unfortunately it didn't work in her favor when she was discovered by a guard looking downwards from the rooftops.

"Hey! You there! Stop in the name of the Princess!" The guard said.

"Dang it, he saw me..." Pinkamena said.

"It's you! The pony in the black outfit!" The guard said.

The guard shot a blast of magic into the sky as a signal to the other guards to come and apprehend the pony.

"That's just great..." Pinkamena said sarcastically.

She was soon surrounded by as many as twenty guards in a circle, closing in on her.

"Well, I guess I don't really have a choice now do I." Pinkamena said.

"Sorry guys... But you brought this upon yourselves. Pinkamena said.

Pinkamena jumped extraordinarily high in the air, and came down at incredible speeds towards the middle of the circle. She landed with the strength of a meteorite hitting the surface of the earth and caused an explosion of darkness to erupt from under the ground upwards, launching them all in different directions.

"Hmmph, I told you that you brought this upon yourselves." Pinkamena said. "Now if you'll excuse me I'm supposed to be meeting someone at the gardens."

Pinkamena then ran off towards the gardens before anymore guards showed up.

Other guards who saw the signal came to the location, but were only greeted by the sight of other guards on the ground, either unconscious from the trauma they received from the impact, or writhing in pain on the ground.

The injured guards were rushed back to the castle for treatment.





At Princess Celestia's Throne Room...





A guard rushed in to Celestia's throne room to deliver an urgent message.

"Your Majesty!" The Guard said.

"Yes what is it?" Celestia said.

"We've just recovered about twenty other members of the royal guard from the streets, all severely injured." The Guard said.

"What!? What happened out there!?" Celestia's questioned.

"I don't know the details, but one of the guards we brought in told us the gist of had happened... before he passed away." The Guard said.

"I see..." Celestia said. " Well what did he say? We can't let his dying words go to waste!"

"It was a little difficult to understand, but he said that that pony had supernatural abilities." The Guard said. "He could feel the anger and hate that came with that dark power."

"He also said that the pony was headed towards the gardens to meet someone." The Guard said. "That's pretty much it."

"Headed to the gardens?" Celestia said. "The Royal Sculpture Gardens?"

"Yes Ma'm." The Guard said.

"Hmm, what could be at the sculpture gardens that would pose any value to her?" Celestia said. "And who is she meeting there?"

"I'm just as confused as you are, You Majesty." The Guard said.

Celestia sat there thinking what could possibly be at the gardens, who was this pony meeting? She thought and thought until it finally hit her.

"Wait a second... The Sculpture Gardens... Could it be that she's going to..." Celestia said.

"Discord!" Celestia said. "That pony is probably going to go and try revive Discord from this imprisonment!"

"Are you sure, Your Majesty? Is that even possible?" The Guard said.

"If she's as powerful as you and my student, Twilight, say she is, then she'll have no trouble overcoming the magic that keeps Discord trapped in stone." Celestia said.

"Go now and tell all the guards to report to the Royal Sculpture Gardens at once! This pony must not be allowed to resurrect Discord!" Celestia said.

"Yes, Your Higness!" The Guard said, and bolted out the door.

...

"I never imagined something like this would ever occur." Celestia said. "I have to do everything in my power to make sure that this pony's plans do not come to fruition..."





At Pinkamena's Perspective...





Pinkamena finally made it to the gardens, but was greeted by an immensely large army of Royal Guards.

"I guess I shouldn't have blabbed about where I was going before..." Pinkamena said.

"Yea, you shouldn't have." A Guard said, who then walked forward towards Pinkamena.

"Just who are you anyway?" Shining Armor said.

"Oh so were doing formal greetings now first are we?" Pinkamena said.

"I asked who you were, now talk." Shining Armor said.

"Impatient are we? Fine, but you really should know who I am already." Pinkamena said. "After all, I am one of your little sister's best friends, Hehehe..."

Shining Armor looked carefully at the dark pony until it finally hit him.

"Wait a minute... Pinkie Pie?..." Shining Armor said.

"Bingo." Pinkamena said.