• Published 15th Oct 2012
  • 909 Views, 9 Comments

Friendship Was Magic - Deceius



What if Chrysalis had won in the end of season two? what if the Elements of Harmony hadn't worked?

  • ...
1
 9
 909

Resurection

I really wish that noise would shut up. It's been buzzing and droning for the past...oh right, this place has no concept of time. Annoyed, I slide off my branch. The walk had been nice, I had idly chatted with the mirages for quite some time; reliving all the fun stuff we had done since Twilight had moved to Ponyville. We walked for a solid...right, this is harder than it should be. After the walk, they all vanished and I was left in this world. Alone. Again. I need a way to pass the time. I'm too bored to sleep. I'm too bored to fly. Is this cabin fever? Am I going to go crazy in this little paradise? I've seen crazy and all it's shades of lavender and pink and I know it isn't pretty. Maybe all this is just a crazy test.

I sure wish that buzzing would stop. It's louder now, a constant static in the back of my head. The grass below me is flattened, I rocket into the sky, searching for a source. Well gee how did I miss that? The horizon darkens with shapes. Insectoid silhouettes with cookie cutter holes draw near. I should probably run but there isn't really a point. I'll just end up here again. I land quickly, watching the mass approach.

It slowly envelops the area, keeping far enough away so that it doesn't actually encroach on my little area but close enough to be seen and worried over. The mass shifts it shape. Nightmare Moon, Discord, changelings, Chrysalis. I stand stock still, watching for the slightest movement that might indicate an attack. The wind blows across the glade; rustling the tress, and creating eddies in the pond. Time passes slowly, it feels like I've been standing still for decades.

"Fine," I grumble, "just stand there and look all menacing. See if I care."

The blob of darkness doesn't move. Enough, I have better things to do. Not really. I float back up to my branch.

"See if I care."

The blob is immune to my stink eye and grumbles. Sighing, I reach a decision.

"Well, if I'm going to do something stupid I might as well do it now and get it over with." Saying what needs to be said, I bodily launch myself into the black mass.

It's an interesting sensation to say the least. My entire being was burned away layer by layer, I watched my skin char to ash and float off yet all I felt was a chill tingle. It starts in my hooves and goes from one end to the other. I shiver and my skin dissolves into nothing. Motes in the wind. Next the muscle and another tingle. This one takes a bit longer; I always have been called a freak because of how much more muscular I am than the average pony. Another flurry of flakes. The off white of bone is all that remains. It slowly chars as well. The final breeze in this paradise blows. I'm dust in the wind.


Author's note: I'm not sure where I plan on taking the story from here but it's going to take a wild turn. I really feel like the only decent chapter I've written for this fic so far was the previous one. Even this chapter feels like a cop out with it's horrendously low word count and actual coherency and pacing. I'll be back later on with an idea of what to do and hopefully some better writing skills. At this point I'm just ragging on myself so I'll end it with a cliche.

This isn't the end.

Comments ( 2 )

Hey now!
Don't be hating on your own writing. If you do that it will be horrible.
Just trust in your own writing skill and your story will turn out fine. :twilightsmile:
Looking forward to the next chapter!

Great fic. I'm creating a fic based of of the video to but it's much different. really I'm actually changing a lot from the video. Sorry if it sounds like I'm copy writing off of you but I started my the fic which I call The Meaning of Tenacity before I read this.

Login or register to comment