• Published 15th Oct 2012
  • 8,057 Views, 547 Comments

Apple of Twi's Eye - Willow Arqueiro



Twilight Sparkle and Big Macintosh have managed to keep their reflation ship secret for over a year. Now, trouble brews, not only for them, but for all.

  • ...
58
 547
 8,057

How To Buck

Chapter 2
All was relatively peaceful in Ponyville.
Ponies went about their daily business, birds flew, rabbits scampered with the squirrels and a unicorn mare was seemingly peeved at the book she was reading.
Seated at the circular main table in the center of the library, a lavender mare was intently studying a giant tome.
The mare grumbled, rather annoyed, into her open book. "How long can it take the Princess to read and reply to a single letter! She's faster when it comes to my Friendship reports," she mumbled grumpily.
Twilight flipped a few pages and absent mindedly added, "It doesn't take three days to reply to a personal letter."
Just then, the main door opened and what appeared to be two brown grocery bags with pudgy purple feet walked through.
"Twilight! I'm home!" Spike called out unnecessarily.
He saw her glaring at her book and waddled over to try and entice the mare away from the book; "Are you feeling better now, Twi?"
"Oh, yes Spike," she said as she looked up up from her large tome. "Whatever caused my stomach to heave is long gone now," she looked back to the large bound thing of paper.
"Alrighty then, I'm going to make some lunch, you want anything?" Spike asked as he headed for the kitchen. The purple dragon stopped at the door and looked back at her.
She looked at him, and then gazed off, pondering his question, "Say, Spike, do you remember the really spicy food you made the other week?"
Spike nodded his head in mild shock there was no way she wanted that stuff again, "Are you sure you want that? Last time I made it you hated it."
The mental image of Twilight shooting food out of her mouth, followed with a stream of fire leapt unbidden into the baby dragon's head.
She shrugged, "Eh, I feel a craving for it. Oh, and Spike?" she asked and he turned around.
"Yes?"
"Make mine quickly; I'm supposed to head out to Apple Acres here shortly."
The little dragon huffed and walked into the kitchen, quickly getting to work, the dragon hastily donned his little apron and opened the dark oaken doors that led to the pantry.
His purple claw hovered over the labels of different spices. The claw tracked down the immaculately sorted rows and hesitated on one container for a little, Should I? he asked himself.
The baby dragon shrugged, She asked for it. He pulled the container of peppers off the shelf and set to work.
The studious mare had, near the literal sense, stuck her head back in her book, seeking intent in reading every word. Her brain casually ignored her nose's signals that spicy food was being presented to keep other mental processing space free. So she completely missed a newly returned Spike with plates of food.
"Uh hmmm," Spike cleared his throat politely.
Twilight jumped and tore her head out of the book to looked at him. He gestured, using the plate of hot food as a prop.
"Oh, thank you Spike! I thought I smelled something spicy," she said happily. Her fork was levitated in her translucent magic and was dug into what appeared to be simple home made Raviolis. Square bits of pasta encasing various vegetables, a red sauce covered them.
Spike looked over a Twilight incredulously, "Pony please, I used the Sneaker Peppers." The unicorn cocked her head sideways quizzically and looked at him.
The baby dragon sighed, "You know, that new exotic breed of peppers we got from Saddle Arabia? The ones that don't smell spicy when you cook them and then turn out to be some of the hottest peppers in the whole of Equestria?"
"Ooooohhh, that makes sense. Are you sure though? I can smell a definite spice on this plate, and I want It," the hunger driven mare turned away from the dragon and nearly literally dug into the plate of food. Twilight lowered her head and began scooping the food into her mouth as fast as possible, while Spike settled down with his own plate.
"Mmmm, Spike, are you sure this is the same stuff you made a few weeks ago?" she questioned her assistant. The aforementioned dragon looked dumbly in shock at her as she literally, fork nothing but a blur, shoveled the food into her mouth.
This can't be the same Twi, she swore up and down she would never touch that food again.
"The exact same stuff Twilight," he said through a mouthful of food. Spike wasn't even halfway done while Twilight was pushing her plate away and standing up.
"Alrighty then, I'm heading over to Apple Acres to go help them with this season's harvest, you're in charge." She trotted out the door and was soon galloping off.
What's gotten into her?
Random stomach heavings
A sudden crave for spicy food
Then surprisingly chipper as she trotted out the door? the baby dragon silently mused on this before sliding over to see what ever it was that Twilight was reading, hoping it would give him a better understanding.
Spike reached a small clawed hand over and flipped the book closed and read the title aloud, "Star Swirl's guide to a Unicorn's ...." he trailed off as the book faded out of existence completely.
He yanked his hand back in shock and hastily inspected both sides of it, relived to see it was just fine, "Weird, I never remember seeing a book do that before."
The little dragon thought about it and couldn't think of any reasonable thing to make Twilight act this way. "I'd better get another mare if I want to understand a strange mare." he got out his quill and ink and began writing.
He was about to send the letter when he paused, Isn't this like going behind Twilight's back? he thought.
The purple dragon shook his head and mentally added, Nah, I'm just worried she's alright and this is the best way to find out.
With a puff of green fire, Spike sent the letter to his other favorite mare, The Fashionista.
()()()()()()
Arriving at the Apple Orchard of Ponyville, Twilight trotted through the gate to the apple farm and calmly walked up to the house. Given that the librarian had seemed to gain a little weight and size, her special red stallion denied anything when questioned about it, saying she was just as beautiful as ever, the brisk trot the unicorn mare had set slightly tired her by the time she made it to Sweet Apple Acres.
After a swift knock on the door, Applebloom opened it up, her face brightened up as she recognized one of her favorites of Applejack's friends,"Oh, howdy, Twi! Why are ya here?"
"Oh, I'm just here to um...," the distant thud of hooves on tree trunks sparked her imagination, "I'm here to help with the Applebucking! I heard that the Harvest was coming and I thought it'd be fun to help out Applejack and Macintsoh," she hastily thought up.
"Don't ya mean Big Macintosh?" asked the little filly. The mare blushed and tried to stammer out an explanation.
"Don't cha worry about it, no need to be formal, miss Twilight, we're all family on the farm!" said the clueless filly.
Maybe more than you think, thought Twilight. She quickly regained her composure and asked, "So where are they?"
"They're out Apple Bucking somewhere in that direction, just follow the sounds of the kicks!" with that Applebloom closed the door and Twilight headed off in the direction she pointed in. Trotting casually beneath the shade of the apple trees, Twilight sighed happily at the blissful weather.
It wasn't long before she heard the sound of hooves connecting powerfully with the trunks of trees and she honed in on the repeating thuds.
"Ah'm beating ya Big Mac!" yelled out a female voice. Twilight crested hill and saw the eldest siblings of the Apple family Apple Buck racing.
The orange mare was indeed ahead of Macintosh, by about two or three tress. Her gaze drifted over to the red stallion as he reared up on his hind hooves. .
"That's what you think, little sis," Macintosh began bringing his fore hooves crashing down with a bellow, "Shuh-Zaamm!"
The crimson stud slammed his front hooves bodily on the ground. His massive body worked as a power house to transfer gargantuan amounts of kinetic energy from nearly all the muscles in his body, to his fore hooves as he slammed them on the ground.
The ground rippled and waved away from his hooves as the ground voraciously shook. Trees shook and groaned in protest as the very ground they were anchored in rolled underneath them.
The shock waves then reached the astounded mare on the hill. Twilight let out a small squeal as her whole body shook as the ground bucked beneath her and she lifted off the ground fully. Her terrified eyes bulged as she saw the ground continue to roll beneath her.
The lavender mare let out a squeak as she landed solidly on the ground, all legs splayed out in each direction, Twilight looked up from the ground with an annoyed look on her face.
Macintosh's impressive efforts had the desired result; the next five heavily burdened apple trees in his row absorbed massive amounts of kinetic energy and it channeled to the apples, dropping them into the waiting baskets.
Macintosh looked over at his little sister, who was near rolling on the ground in laughter. The red stallion then looked around and his eyes easily picked out the lavender body splayed out on the hill. His cheeks turned a shade darker as he realized she just saw and felt his display of stallionness.
The studious unicorn picked herself up and magically dusted herself off as she came up to the siblings, "Most impressive, Macintosh, care to explain the physical possibility behind that little stunt?"
Macintosh's cheeks turned shades deeper and he even had a problem trying to stammer out a few jumbled up words, "Oh....Twi, I mean, Miss Sparkle..... I...... Uhhhh," he finished intelligently.
Truth was, he was irked she caught him showing off. If he had known, he would have done something easily twenty percent cooler, Ah well, there's other days for that.
"Sorry Twilight, that's a Apple family secret kept to the stallion side, I don't even know how to do it," said an Applejack with a glance at her big brother.
Inside, the orange mare, thoughts raced,Why's he actin' so strange around Twi? He hardly ever talks to anypony, even me and Bloom, thought the orange mare as she shook her head mentally.
"Hmm, I may have to study you Big Macintosh," Twilight teased as she sidled up to him.
"Oh, uhh...
What are you doing here Miss Sparkle?" he got finally managed to get past his bumbling tongue.
"Just thought that Princess Celestia would be interested in how you guys harvest the apples!" she said excitedly, trying to seem eager for a report to her personal teacher.
Chances were, Celestia already knew how one harvested apples but Twilight didn't know, firsthand.
"Sure thing, Twi!" said the farmer mare, Applejack stuck a fore good out and pointed to the closest tree that still had apples on it, "Go and give whack at it!"
"So, just like this?" Twilight trotted over to the pointed out tree, turned and then kicked the tree. There wasn't much power in her kick, that much she knew off the bat but still...
Nothing happened.
"Nah Twi, like this!" the orange mare swiveled in front of another tree and kicked it like Twilight did. The actions mirrored each other except for two differences, the earth pony had hit with what seemed like more force and...
Applejack's tree dropped all of its apples.
Twilight lifted her hooves back up and tried bucking with more force, still nothing happened.
"Not really helpful, Applejack, I did what you did exactly," said the lavender mare.
"Well, you just have tah but more power in it," Applejack said, relatively confused why it didn't work for her.
Twilight gazed upwards at the tree doubtfully. Macintosh, who had since then remained a silent red monolith, strutted over to her, "Here, Applejack was never a good teacher."
Applejack stuck her tongue at him and trotted off to continue working as Macintosh delivered his private lesson. Twilight was pointed head first away from the tree, he stood next to her, having her mirror him, and adopted the pose for about to buck the tree.
"Alrighty, stand here like this," he ran his fore hooves over her, correcting little bits and pieces of her form to tune. "Good, now aim for the heart of the tree," he instructed.
"Heart of the tree?" asked the skeptic mare.
"Eeyup, should be right about here," he lifted a hind leg and and placed the hoof more or less dead center about three and a half feet off the ground.
"Alright then, here go's," the mare stood on her front legs and bucked the tree.
Now her efforts had a visible effect and the tree just barely shook, but only just. Instead of being transferred into the dangling apples, the energy went back into Twilight and violently shook her body, lifting her off the ground for the second time that day.
"That was interesting," she said.
Macintosh coughed behind his hoof to hide his laugh, this was exactly his and Applejack's problem when they first started apple bucking. The only difference was she had someone to hopefully teach her the right way.
He placed his front hoof on her shoulders and said, "Let the energy flow from you to the tree but not back."
"And how do I do that?"
"Ah've found the best and simplest way is with shouting," the stallion rumbled.
The mare shrugged and positioned herself to kick again. "Hiiiyyaaaaa!" shouted Twilight, her body pitched forward to balance on her front hooves and her hind legs shot outwards to connect ineffectively with the tree.
A few apples dropped from the tree as it shook slightly.
"Good!" encouraged the red stud, "Now, a little closer to center and a little harder."
Twilight kicked with another yell, "Ye-Haww!!"
This time, mimicking her past self exactly except with more power, apples rained around the pair and into the waiting baskets.
"Good, now let's go catch up with Applejack and finish today's work," he said after a brief congratulatory hug.
"Awww, do we have to?" she teased in a whining tone. Her smile stayed strong as she turned away from him to start walking, her purple tail flicked him across the nose as she set away from the stallion.
()()()()()()
Twilight stayed with the Apple siblings for the rest of the day and worked side by side with them, sweated with them, and ached with them. The slightly out of shape librarian felt the satisfying feeling of muscle burn as lactic acid build up in her abused muscles.
The Apple Bucking duo, plus one, approached the last little grove of trees that was on the schedule to be harvested today.
"Ugh," exclaimed Twilight trying to release some muscle ache with verbal outlet, "I think I'd rather be bucked by an Apple then buck them."
This innuendo was directed towards the red stud and was pleased when Macintosh's cheeks turned darker, although Applejack cocked her head back in thought at the comment.
"I don't know Twi," said the orange mare, completely oblivious to the double meaning, "An apple can catch you just right on the noggin and hurt something awful."
The lavender unicorn had to stop walking with the Apple Siblings as she fought to keep her mirth silent, How can a mare be so oblivious?, but Twilight didn't look too much into it, something along the lines of a Gift Horse.
"Alright, last grove," said Macintosh as he put a fore leg on his special some pony's shaking shoulders to keep her moving. The Apple harvesting trio split up to theoretically make quick work of the few trees left.
The red powerhouse of a stallion made quick and easy work of his sector, bucking the last tree with only one hoof in practiced skill. Grabbing the apple laden basket in his teeth, he dragged his over to the pile the Apple Pickers had established for this grove. In the distance he heard two different bucking sounds, one still strong and steady and the other one of a tired mare who was now having a hard time focusing on the task at hand. The stud headed off and away towards the weakening sound of bucking.
He arrived in time to see the lavender mare swivel about, present her flank for the world to admire, and buck her last tree.
The crimson stallion stood still and let the mare's beauty entrap him, standing mesmerized at the librarian's curvaceous frame bent to concentrate all the kinetic energy into the tree.
His eyes feasted on the purple pelt dampened with hard earned sweat, the concentration etched on her face as she made sure to hit the tree perfectly, and her body.
Oh, her body, the perfect flank (perfect in his mind at least) luscious and somewhat firm, as he knew from previous experiences. Her slender shoulders and upper body, with her sweeping purple mane. His gaze was drawn back to her flank, adorned by the simple cutie mark, his eyes tracked back in time to she her rump shudder as her hooves connected with the tree.
"See something you like Macintosh?" asked Applejack behind him.
The red stud beat down the instinct to jump and wheel about and nervously made sure she wasn't looking at his face as he blushed deeply and feared she found their secret them and there.
His analytical mind quickly thought up a believable lie that didn't stray too far from the truth, "Ah'm just watching her form for bucking," he said as nonchalantly as he could. His eyes flicked to Twilight's and saw the mare blushing profusely.
"Don't worry about it Twilight, Big Mac here wouldn't take advantage of you like that, Ah'm pretty sure he ain't into books anyways," Macintosh rolled his eyes at his sister's assumption of his tastes.
"Plus, Ah've seen him looking at Fluttershy, there's only one mare for that there stallion," as Applejack said this comment, Twilight shot a glare over at Macintosh who shrugged in confusion at the two mares' antics.
"Anyways, Ah'm gonna take these few baskets to be stored. Grab a few and follow, would ya?" the farmer mare threw a few baskets on her back and was soon walking away from the two secret lovers.
"In a little Applejack, Ah think Twilight needs a break," this was said as Macintosh looked the librarian over.
The mare in question looked ready to collapse where she stood, "Alrighty, see you in a bit."
Applejack began walking away again but soon wheeled around, eyes growing bigger in a sudden remembrance. Her fore hoof shot up and clamped onto her Stetson, her eye were set skyward.
"By the way," she started as her eyes searched the skys, "Watch out for Rainbow Dash for me will ya? This is about the time she usually pranks me," with that Applejack crested a hill and left the two alone.
"Sure thing, Applejack!" called out Twilight after the orange farm mare.
The mare plodded over to a nearby tree before stumbling around, decided to follow gravity, and let the stumble turn into falling down in a heap
"Whew, I'm exhausted!" exclaimed the lavender librarian from where she had collapsed on the shady ground.
The red stallion laid down next to her under the pleasant shade from the surrounding trees.
They sat in silence for a little bit before he decided to break it, "You didn't do too bad."
"Uh huh, then why did you and Applejack do almost twice as much work as me?" the statistical part of her refused to not question him.
"We have years of practice, Twilight," he said gently, "Very few have managed to learn and master what you did today, it took me almost a week before I could even hope to buck a tree effectively." A small grin appeared on his face as he remembered trying
She looked over at him and searched his eyes, "You really mean that, don't you?"
He nodded happily, "An apple doesn't lie, except to hide family." The comment was only slightly pointed at Twilight and then suddenly became very aware of how close this hunk of stallion was to her.
The mare tried to crush the rising rebellion against all sense but this was a futile attempt as it only fueled her desire even more.
Twilight quickly closed the distance between them, fast enough to make the stallion jerk his head slightly back in surprise and locked her lips on his.
Her head tilted to the right and she angled her lips to form closer around his. The red stud's instinct took over and his head also tilted and their heads melded closer.
She worked her mouth against her and as the heat still built up, her tongue lanced out, not asking or teasing. She lashed her tongue past his lips, surprising the stallion again. Her tongue found his and challenged it to a duel for space.
As she worked her mouth on his, Twilight pressed the rest of her body closer to his and he rolled away from her and onto his back by force of habit. She slid with him, not breaking the lip lock and the mare for against his chest with practiced ease. Their sweaty bodies grinded and ground against each other causing the heat now present in both members to raise.
The librarian's hind legs stopped supporting her rump and she rested the rest of her body fully on the stud. Her fore hooves ground slightly in their placement near both sides of his head. The lavender thighs squeezed the red rump, enticing the stallion.
Said stallion ran his fore hooves up and down the mare's back, digging in at certain points, eliciting sudden pressing if her body on his. He constantly applied pressure and pulled her close, on top of his, crushing their chests together.
A nagging little voice then began speaking up in the back of Macintosh's head, an annoying little voice much like his little sister's.
The random reminder of his younger sister caused Macintosh to start and his lips disengaged form his mare's.
The red stud suppressed his urge to take her right then and there, Twilight sure seemed to want it though, way more then she usually was.
He pulled her closer and he felt her chest press hotly against his, much to the disappointment of both parties, the stallion turned his head away from the seeking lips belonging to the mare. .
Macintosh tried to use logic and words seeing as his hints were going unneeded. "Ah know you want to go further, but not now, and especially not here. What would happen if Applejack came back?" he tried saying.
"I don't care, I just want you now," she ground out as she clung and grated onto him harder.
"Twilight, stop it, this ain't like you," the hungry mare tried to keep in going with her lips moving along on his neck, trying to elicit similar behavior from the stallion.
"Alright," he made a move to get out from under her but she dropped herself on him.
"But only on one condition," the mare had a sly smile on her face.
"Um, shoot?" The red stallion looked a the librarian with a slight bit of trepidation.
She lowered her head next to his and whispered huskily into his ear, "I'll stop only if you promise we'll finish it later," she finished with a light nibble on his ear.
Macintosh nodded mutely and she casually slid off him, and headed towards the heavily laden Apple baskets.
The red mound rolled sideways and up onto his hooves, also heading for the baskets. The stallion swung three baskets onto his back and Twilight levitated a few in her translucent telekinetic grasp.
With a lover's smile at each other, the two tired ponies made their way back to the farm house.
If either of the two oblivious lovers had even glanced skywards, they would have seen a small cloud speeding away near Mach speeds towards Ponyville...