• Published 15th Oct 2012
  • 618 Views, 9 Comments

Brony Recon: A New Song - Ykayney



Sam & Andy get a chance to live in Equestria as ponies. Will all stay well?

  • ...
2
 9
 618

Modulation

Sam's POV
The sight in front of me didn't really come as a shock. I was kind of expecting a large, dirty warehouse in an unknown place. One by one we left the TARDIS to scan the immediate area with our eyes, the concrete floor seemed to spread for miles either side of us and the sun was being dulled by industrial fog, although there seemed to be no factories around for miles.

The Doctor had disappeared off to the side of the warehouse as we explored and the doors began to slowly slide open. As light crept into the room I saw several large objects, none of them as spectacular as was expected. A structure stood in the middle of the room with four quartz pillars and a control panel. The other, off to the right, was a large circular structure that was a bit more hi-tech looking than the other object.

The Doctor re-appeared from the left inside of the warehouse.
"Welcome, this is where the magic happens." He walked in front of us and began to point at the two structures. "That there is the ponyfication machine. Quite simply, that is what's going to make you into ponies." He said, describing the structure in the middle. "And that, that is the portal to Equestria." The Doctor announced, standing proudly. He turned to us, smiling. "Don't worry, I know how to use them." The four of us looked nervously at each other.

"Doctor, where are the others? Did they go back already?" Markus spoke up curiously.

"I believe Cereal and Seth said they had some important things to do, so they'd be sending the others back earlier and would leave me to deal with you five." The Doctor replied as he began to change some dials and switches on the Ponyfication machine. He hit one final large switch making some lights on and around the machine to light up and causing it to make whirring noises as it began to boot up. "So, who's first?"

The four of us 'newbies' gulped loudly and simultaneously as he asked. Seeing our obvious nervousness, Markus walked forward. "Look, I'll go first. I'll show you that it's safe, now."

"Now?!" Scott shouted in shock.

"There were someā€¦ Complications when I was first ponyfied." Markus looked sternly, but friendly, back at Scott as a strange sign of reassurance that still displayed some nervousness.

As Markus steadied himself inside of the machine, the Doctor turned a dial and the machine began to shine with bright lights and loud noises. All we could see was the silhouette of Markus as his form changed from humanoid to having four legs, a mane, and a tail. After a couple of minutes the lights died down and a blue pony with a lighter blue mane and tail stood before us.

"Welcome back, Skyblaze." The Doctor announced as some residue fog dissipated.

Skyblaze smiled and nodded his head towards the Doctor as he stepped off of the machine platform. "Go on then Scott, your turn." Skyblaze nudged my friend towards the machine from behind as he accepted and began to walk towards it.

There was another light show before the figure of a grey stallion with a two-toned black and purple mane and tail stood on the platform in front of us.

"Now that is a cool look!" The Doctor clapped his hands, obviously liking the style of the pony before him. "What's your name then?"

Scott seemed to ponder about his decision for a moment before meeting my eyes with his own. "Arcade. Arcade Beats." He walked off of the platform and joined Markus over by the portal.

Andy's POV
That was two of them done, next up was my sister. I had to walk her to the machine so she would be convinced to stand there. She gulped nervously as she stood as stiff as a brick wall on the platform. I watched as her form changed behind the lights, everything seemed to be normal, except for one thing. As the smoke cleared, my suspicions were brought to the light. What I saw before me made me laugh. I could see the look on my sister's face becoming angry.

"What are you laughing at?!" She stopped suddenly after shouting, her voice was incredibly squeaky. This caused me to laugh even more.

Emily caught her reflection in the machinery around her, her jaw dropped as she realised that she had become a small filly. "Why am I so small?! This isn't fair!" The small blue filly dropped to a sitting position as a big displease frown spread across her face.

The Doctor walked around to lift her up. "Aww, I think it's cute." The filly stopped struggling to break free for a second as she showed a blush from the Doctors comment. Now laughing, the Doctor placed her back on the ground. "Now, go on Aqua Gem. Go join your friends." Aqua trotted towards Skyblaze and Arcade as I made my way onto the platform.

The machinery started to whir and begin it's warm up, then I was hit with a light. If I could've moved during the process I would have ducked up and covered my eyes, the blinding light didn't hurt though. I felt a strange tingling sensation as the structure of my body began to change, getting smaller and falling on to four legs.

As the smoke cleared I began to walk off of the platform. I had expected to fall over once or twice, but walking on all fours with hooves seemed to come as naturally as walking on two legs as a human. I made my way over to my sister and the others as I felt Sam pat his hand on my back. He had always been a nervous person, so I guessed that doing that was his way of reassuring himself that he was ready rather than any of us.

Sam's POV
There was a lot of heat coming from the platform and the machinery surrounding it. I warily stepped onto the platform, feeling as though I was actually in France in the summer.

The machine didn't need any more time to warm up and the process unexpectedly began immediately. It was a shock to my body, causing me to flinch. Stinging pains filled my arms as though I was being stabbed with a thousand tiny needles, my blood, muscles and bones felt as though they were pulsating from their transformation, and then the light hit me. From the day I was born, I've had a condition called photophobia. This caused the pupils of my eyes to not shrink in the light, thus allowed large quantities of light through that, at times, would cause pain beyond anything I could imagine. The light from the machines was in my face and almost as bright as the sun itself. I felt my naturally acidic tears begin to stream from my eyes, causing more pain. Even through the pain, I knew I could withstand it and pull through okay, but suddenly a stray electrical current struck my spine, instantly sending me into unconsciousness.

>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<

"Sam? Cyan? Are you okay?" I began to hear voices ask for me as I returned into the awoken world.

I slowly opened my eyes to see 4 ponies leaning over me as well as the Doctor in human form. Remembering the process I had just been through, I lifted my head up to see that my hands were now hooves and my skin was now a coat of fur, coloured with a muted cyan. I caught my reflection in the machinery, my mane and tail were a two-toned red-brown and green and a horn protruded from my head, the same colour as my coat.

"What in the hay happened?" I managed to grumble.

"The machine was beginning to over-heat. Fortunately, the process had been completed before the motherboard decided to melt." The Doctor announced rather calmly. His statement shocked me slightly causing my eyes to noticeably widen. "Oh don't worry! I'll have it fixed in no time!" Still being unsure at how true this statement was, I fumbled around eventually managing to stand up on my two extra legs.

Arcade gave me a slight nudge on my right side. "Don't think about walking. Just walk, it'll come naturally to you." I took in his advice and nodded, managing to seamlessly walk over to where the Doctor had pointed out.

All of us, except the Doctor, stood in the inner part of what appeared to be a large circle, with wires and fancy looking panels of red and silver metal on the outside, the inner was lined with hollow tubes that almost looked like some sort of guns.

"Now when I press this button, you will all be sent on your merry way to Equestria. Are you ready?" The Doctor asked as he walked over to us holding a small remote. We all nodded enthusiastically but with hints of nervousness. "Oh, and for all those that are new. Don't breath." Before any of us got to question the Doctors final statement, there was a flash of light as the 'gun-looking' objects shot beams of energy at us, sending us from physical existence on Earth.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment