• Published 9th Oct 2012
  • 8,070 Views, 266 Comments

Fluttershy the Transcolt - Mintyluc



Following Fluttershy in first person though all the confusing and scary feelings of first coming out as transgender, all of the mane six react to her coming out in different ways.

  • ...
53
 266
 8,070

Chapter Nine: This is gonna be great!

I stirred in my seat, desperately trying to properly speak my mind to Soarin. The first thing on my mind was me wondering what tipped off Soarin that I felt like a transcolt. There were so many questions buzzing in my head, but that question was the most prevalent. Because of this, I chose it first to talk about, "Well, Soarin..." I started, "You said you could tell I'm a..."

Soarin cut me off, knowing I was having trouble with my words, "A transcolt? Haha, of course." he merely replied, laughing to himself and shaking his head.

"How?" I asked simply.

Soarin smiled and rolled his eyes, "I got used to it. Obviously, transponies aren't too common a thing, yeah?" I nodded my head and he continued, "Well, out of those, even less are willing to openly talk about it. So when I'm one of those few and random ponies come knocking on my door, I can assume they want to know about something I know quite a thing or two about." I nodded as he went on, "I don't mind though, really. People have to get their information from somewhere, ent it?"

"That's really nice of you. I wouldn't like people coming over to my house all the time with....lots of questions."

Soarin waved a hoof at me, "I'm already a celebrity, what's another question or two? So anyway, ask me another." Soarin smiled at me genuinely, but I still didn't want to pry too far into his personal feelings, even if it helped me to figure out my own. The room went quiet again as I sorted out my thoughts. Soarin waited patiently for me. I supposed that the biggest thing I wanted to know was simply how he knew he was a transcolt.

"Well...How did you figure out...how did you figure it out?" I timidly asked.

Soarin smiled and thought for a brief moment, "I just knew something wasn't right, ya know? Between you and me, I was preeetty girly when I was young." Soarin winked at me as my eyes rudely bulged.

"You? Really?"

Soarin laughed comfortably and nodded, "For sure. And I enjoyed it for what it was, but it still wasn't really me, yeah? Of course I'd adapted to what normalities fillies grow up with, but it was more than a habit of growing up with my peers and conformity than it was me really expressing myself." I nodded, thinking hard about it...I felt the same way. "You know, fillies are into fashion so I got into fashion. Of course, if that's not you, that's totally fine! Ponies figure it out all sorts of ways. They start feeling it at different ages."

"That makes sense..." Soarin handed the conversation over to me again as I formed a question in my mind, "So what'd you do? I mean...you don't look anything like a mare." I asked.

Soarin smiled and continued on, "Haha, thanks. First, I chopped my mane off. My mom helped me with that actually. That was when I was around 14. Then I met with my school's music teacher who taught me how to retrain my voice so that it was lower and I sounded less like a squeaky filly."

I sighed, somewhat frustrated with myself, "That...that's not really what I mean." Soarin raised his eyebrows, "I mean...your muzzle. It's squared off like a typical colt."

Soarin's eyes lowered and he came closer to me, "Magic. Literally, Magic. There's this special doctor in Canterlot. Only one in Equestria! I went to see her and she specializes in that kind of hard-core transformation magic. Reconstruction and what not. Real powerful. Real hard to do. She told me that normally she worked on ponies that had been in accidents or born with deformations, but that she had helped a few transponies out in her time. So she agreed to help me! For a price, she was able to help me look more like a colt! This was only a few years before the Wonderbolts got their big break. I'd gotten some money from the Wonderbolts already, that's what it went to."

I looked down at my hooves and smiled a little, “Magic, huh?” I muttered to myself, looking over at Soarin; to which he replied with a smile. Then he grabbed an apple from the side table and ate it silently for a moment, waiting patiently for me to continue.

It was unbelievable. All problems I face with this could be cured with magic. Could it be possible to change the color of my mane, perhaps? It seemed possible and I laughed to myself, imagining myself with perhaps green hair instead of pink. Soarin appeared to enjoy my silence, perhaps being able to guess what I was thinking about. I looked at Soarin, who was still munching away; his tail was flicking about, happily.

“So you’re really okay with me asking questions?” It was true that the amount of questions in my head I could ask Soarin were practically limitless because of how much I knew at this point.

Soarin nodded, swallowing a piece of apple. “For sure! Especially for you. If you’re thinking you’re a transpony then I hope I can answer every question you have.” I smiled gratefully. Soarin was such a genuine pony, he seemed to really be at peace with himself and being a transpony.

So I got to work. I asked him basic questions like how to tell people, I asked him really hard questions like if the magic hurts, and I asked any sort of question I could find in any nook or cranny of my brain relating to being a transpony. Eventually my flow of questions slowed, at which point Soarin’s maid brought us mugs of apple juice.

“It’s a little dense…all this information…” Soarin noted after the maid left the room while sipping from his cup, “but you’ll get there. It’ll make sense. You’re smart.”

I blushed and blinked away from him; nobody had ever called me smart before. Kind, yes. But smart? “Thank you…” I whispered, slowly sipping from my own mug of apple juice.

Soarin laughed, “If you want to start working on changing, I think you’ll have to be a little louder than that, sport.” Soarin said, laughing to me. I laughed with him as my tension released again. I felt lucky to have met such a guy like Soarin. He and I now shared a similarity that no one else either of us knew had. We weren't common, but we had that in common. I’d started to feel a certain connection yet him, yet I barely knew him.

“I like you Fluttershy.” Soarin told me later in the evening, “When you get around to talking, you’re real funny.” I shook my head, giggling at what Soarin was telling me.

“No way, I’m like a tree. Not funny and not…well...thank you.” Soarin burst out laughing again. Hours had passed since my friends had left Soarin’s house and while there weren't many silences in conversation anymore, they were comfortable silences when they came. Like now.

“Well, I’d better get home. It’s late and I need to feed Angel, my bunny.”

Soarin’s eyes got wide, “You have a bunny? I love bunnies!” he stated as his voice went up a notch, “That is so cute!” Soarin loved bunnies? Who knew! I laughed with him as I got up from my chair. Soarin walked me to the door and ended the evening with a hug.

“So glad I met you Fluttershy, this is gonna be great!”