• Published 2nd Jan 2024
  • 1,187 Views, 137 Comments

Ponyville Kindergarten - Visharo



Every character you know, every episode you remember, what if none of that happened. What if it all happened in a kindergarten class.

  • ...
6
 137
 1,187

Chapter 1 - Kindergarten is Magic

"But I no wanna!" Twilight Sparkle, age 4, is currently being dragged to a kindergarten off in the distance by her mother, Twilight Velvet.

"Honey...this is the best for you." Her mom sighed, concentrated more into her magic.

"But!"

"No more buts, missy. You're going and that's that." Twilight fell silent, pouting.

The unknown town of Ponyville passed around her, upside down. It was strange seeing the world this way. Random ponies, hanging off the ceiling, she didn't know stared at her, some confused, some amused. She snorted at them, they're strangers! Mom always said to only judge a pony after you get to know them. Why do they get to judge her and her mom! She was moments away from giving them a piece of her mind when suddenly, the world shifted again.

"Ah. There we go." Her mom stood back up with a forced smile. There was another pony beside her. A young mare with a white coat and a friendly enough smile. But that didn't mean anything. "This will be your teacher. Be nice." And trotted away.

"Hi Twilight! My name is Miss Celestia, if you'll follow me..." She paused while stretching a hoof to point behind her. Twilight followed obediently.

The two trotted into a large room and so many ponies were everywhere! Twilight's never seen so many ponies before, she couldn't even count them all! Granted, she could only count to five, but still!

"Why don't you go sit over there?" Miss Celestia pointed to a group of five. HA! "They're nice fillies, I think you'll get along with them."

Twilight nodded wordlessly and trotted over, but when she looked again, there were only four. Huh? She tilted her head and looked around, perhaps she miscounted?

"Hi!"

"AAH!" Twilight jumped away from the filly that suddenly appeared next to her.

"Pinkie! What did we say about scaring the new students!" Miss Celestia said loudly.

"M'sorry, Miss. I just get exited, ya know?" The so called Pinkie. She was pink, very pink. Her mane and coat were pink, and her mane and tail were a mess compared to Twilight's neatly brushed hair. Her eyes were a pretty blue, though.

"Don't you mean excited?" Twilight corrected softly, slowly picking herself off the ground.

"Oh yeah! Excited." Pinkie nodded with a bright smile. "M'name's Pinkie Pie!"

"Twilight Sparkle."

"Oooh, you got such a pretty name." Pinkie giggled, making Twilight smile too. "Come on, lemme show you th'others."

Twilight allowed herself to be dragged, unsure of what else to do. The first filly they came across was facing away from them, but had an orange coat and a blonde mane. A small cowpony hat covered her head, it was cute.

"Applejack! Meet Twilit!"

"Twilight."

"Twilight!"

The orange filly turned around and looked up with sparkling green eyes. They were so pretty that Twilight nearly missed the cookie in Applejack's mouth.

"Mmm MM mmm!" The filly paused, look down, then munched the rest of the cookie with a single bite. "Mjam! Howdy, m'name's Applejack, was yers?"

"Twilight Sparkle."

"Thas a mighty fine name. Wanna cookie? Muh granny made it. Is apple oat." The filly smiled sincerely while holding up another cookie. Twilight smiled bashfully and accepted. The three then spent a couple of minutes munching on the cookies. It was very good.

"Okay, thank you Applejack! M'very yummy." Pinkie bounced up, her mane and tail seemed to poof out even more. "C'mon Twilit, lesgo!"

The next pony was a cyan pegasus with a pretty rainbow mane. She was sleeping though.

"Rainbow!" Pinkie shouted into the filly's ear. It was astanishing...astinishing...astonishing to see a filly jump so high. She went so high that she crashed into a cloud mobile before falling back down into the pillows. She groaned and looked up with bleary eyes. The mobile fell too and landed next to her.

"PINKIE!"

"Sorry Miss!" Pinkie immediately looked back. "Twilit, this is Rain..."

"Rainbow Dash! I can say my own name okay, hmph." Rainbow pouted, although it was clear that she was still sleepy.

"M'sorry Dashie, I was exited. We's got a new friend!"

"We do?" The filly's head popped up again and looked at her. "Huh." Then promptly fell asleep again.

"Aw, lesgo, we no wake Dashie. She gets mad if we wake her." Pinkie half whispered, half spoke before hopping away. Twilight followed with only a single glance back.

The next filly is a beautiful white unicorn, like her! She has a curly purple mane and tail. Somehow, her whole face was smeared with something red, it looked weird.

"This is Rarity!" Pinkie presented her like a big surprise. "The pwettiest filly in Kindergarten!"

"Oh, dawling, m'not that pwetty." Rarity giggled. "Thas why I'm putting on make-up!"

"...Rarity. Did you steal my make-up kit again?" Miss Celestia was suddenly behind the filly with a stern look. Rarity looked back with shameless innocence.

"No." Then fluttered her eyes and smiled prettily.

"Nice try." The teacher snatched the tube away from the filly and trotted away.

"Awwww..."

"I think you're pretty." Twilight said suddenly, unsure where that came from, but it was true. Rarity was pretty!

"Thank you, dawling." The filly beamed, only marred by that red stuff everywhere. "You're pwetty too!"

Twilight smiled bashfully and shifted her little hooves a little.

"I'm Twilight Sparkle."

"Rarity, pleasure to meet you." The last line sounded well reherthsed...reharsed...rehearsed. Like that one time Twilight had to perform for her pre-school.

"Yay! Now c'mon! We has one last friend to get to." With warning, Twilight was whisked away by Pinkie once again. She found herself by the window in a few seconds. By the window was another pegasus, this one yellow and had a pink mane. She was also pretty.

"Fwuttershy!"

"Aah!" The filly squeaked and fell to the floor and curled up. The bird she was watching flew away. Twilight felt sad for some reason.

"Oop, sorry Fwuttershy. I was exited..." Pinkie really did seem sorry. Twilight decided to initiate a hug. Mom always said, 'initiating hugs are good' or something like that. Fwuttershy seemed to appreciate that as she stopped shaking. Before long she uncurled and looked up, one pink eye hiding behind her mane.

"Hi, I'm Twilight Sparkle."

"Umm.........I'm Fluttershy."

"Wha?"

"Fluttershy."

"Fluttershy?" A nod. "Nice to meet you!" Another nod.

"Yay!" Pinkie giggled and bounced on the spot with a huge grin. "New friends! Now, c'mon! The rest of the class gotta meet you!"

Before she could react, Twilight was once again taken for the ride.

"B...but, waaaait, noooooo." Twilight's protest fell on deaf ears. Then promptly found herself on top of table.

"Everypony! This is Twilit! Say hello!" Pinkie shouted to the many, many foals of Ponyville Kindergarten.

There was a deafening roar of "Hellloooooooooooooo!!!"

"Hello..." Twilight replied meekly, feeling very insecure about all of this, but when her gaze landed on her friends, she smiled.

Then, without warning, scary laughing filled the room. The room was immediately filled with screaming as fillies and colts started running around and trying to find cover. Twilight tried to do the same but felt the world turn again and found that it was upside down for the second time. She squirmed her pudgy legs, but nothing happened.

"My my, what a precious little snack I have here." An evil cackle was right behind her. Twilight started screaming for help.

"Don'tchya worry! We're here!" A hanging Applejack said with a sure grin before pouncing. She was immediately followed by her other friends.

"Let go of her!"
"Rawr!"
"Meanie!"
"Oh..."

Twilight was dropped onto some pillows and she quickly scrambled upwards to find her five new friends on top of a dark mare. She was howling about being van squished. Twilight felt angry and jumped in with her new friends. This meanie had attacked her, she deserved to be van squished! ...whatever that meant.

The mare started giggling after a while and slowly pushed off the fillies much to their annoyance. Twilight was prepared to pounce again but then Miss Celestia cleared her throat. She stopped, as did the other fillies. When an adult pony clears their throat, it means they gonna speak.

"My Little Ponies, I want you to meet my sister, Luna. She's going to help from now on, there's just been so many of you little guys that it's been getting a bit hard." She chuckled. "She likes having fun from time to time, so don't be afraid, okay? Okay!"

That seemed to be the end and the Kindergarten erupted with chatter about the new teacher. Twilight was a little disappointed that she wasn't actually a bad pony, but just in case, she stuck out her tongue.

"Hey, nice fighting!" A raspy voice appeared next to her. It was Rainbow. "I'm Rainbow Dash."

"Twilight Sparkle, and thank you."

"I think we gonna have lots of fun." She said with a grin. Behind her, the other four also smiled. Twilight trotted forward to her new friends with a big smile of her own. Maybe coming here wasn't such a bad idea after all.

Author's Note:

A new year, a new fic, a new idea.

Let's see how far I can get without stopping, 225 sure is a lot of chapters, I really hope I can do it. I do like a challenge.

HAPPY 2024!