• Published 2nd Jan 2024
  • 1,187 Views, 137 Comments

Ponyville Kindergarten - Visharo



Every character you know, every episode you remember, what if none of that happened. What if it all happened in a kindergarten class.

  • ...
6
 137
 1,187

Chapter 2 - The Candy Master

Twilight Velvet dropped Twilight Sparkle off at the Kindergarten before rushing off, leaving a confused Twilight behind.

"Twilight!" A voice behind her calls. She turned around and saw Miss Celestia waving a hoof, standing in front of the building. "Come over here, I've got a surprise for you."

Not knowing what else to do, Twilight trotted over. Behind them, a bunch of foals trot inside, some of them looking at them with various expressions. When Twilight finally made it, she looked up to see Miss Celestia with a conspora...conspiratira...conspiratorial grin. She hoofed over two small wrapped packages before trotting back inside, leaving a still confused Twilight.

"Wow, Miss Celestia gave ya her special candy." Applejack was suddenly behind her, sending Twilight to the floor in shock. It hurt. "And she gave ya two! Could ah have one..?" The orange earth pony suddenly looked even more cute. Twilight didn't know what to do, so she 'eep'ed' and rushed inside the kindergarten.

Before she could take two more steps after entering, she was tackled. Twilight found herself on the ground for the second time today. Her flank hurt! Then a thought occurred to her that froze her on the spot. What if she got her cutie mark in falling, that would be the end for her!

"Oop, sorry!" Rainbow Dash helped the poor filly to her hooves and grinned. "I was flying..."

"No yous not!" Called out a random colt.

"Shuddup!" She called back. A few kindergarteners gasped, one even started to cry.

"Hey! Language!"

"Sorry Miss!" Rainbow kicked at a wooden block. "So, I was flying and this dragon was like, raaawr. I had turn, so I did! Then I crash into you. M'sorry."

"Is okay." Twilight tried to look sincere, but she was still scared. She don't want a falling cutie mark! So, she started to scooch away.

"Hey, wait, thas Miss Celestia's special candy? And yous has two! Means you give one to me!" Rainbow chuckled as if that was normal. What she didn't realize was that Twilight was galloping away now. No falling cutie mark for her! She weaved through the many foals but was then immediately intercap...interceptood...intercepted by somepony. Twilight jumped back in an attempt to not fall, but her pudgy legs couldn't react fast enough and she ended up on her face.

"Oh, are you okay?" A yellow hoof helped Twilight back up. "Oh. Oh. Is that Miss Celestia's special candy?" Fluttershy was staring at the two wrapped candies Twilight still had in her mouth.

"...yes?" She was edging away from the yellow pegasus. She was no longer quiet and she also made her fall!

"OoOoOoOoH!" Pink filled her vision.

"AH!" Twilight fell again. It really hurts! She quickly checked and sighed, relieved. She does not have a cutie mark...yet.

"Pinkie, stop scaring Twilight. Is not nice." Rarity trotted up behind Pinkie. Today, she didn't have red stuff. She looked prettier without it. Twilight decided to take her chances with the other unicorn, Rarity hasn't made her fall.

"Is not my fault!"

"I know, but, oooh! Is that Miss Celestia's special candy?" Rarity was suddenly really close to Twilight, but this time she was prepared. Instead of falling over, she decided to sit. HA! Twilight adopted a smug smile, she won't get that falling cutie mark.

"Why do you look so happy?" Fluttershy suddenly asked, also really close.

"Umm...wha?" Twilight was suddenly taken aback by how many faces was looking at her, including Rainbow and Applejack who were now standing by her other friends.

"Twilit is feeling special because Miss Cewestia gave her candy!" Pinkie Pie cried, attracting even more attention. "Now she wants dem for herself."

"Is this true?" Applejack asked, looking a bit hurt.

"I thoughts we was friends!" Rainbow said, her wings buzzing angrily.

"Thas not nice, dawling." Rarity harrumphed, looking away.

"Oh..." Fluttershy hugged a bunny plushie close.

Twilight burst into tears, dropped the candies, and ran away. She didn't know why her new friends were being so mean. She was just so focused on not getting that cutie mark! With her blurry vision, she made out a corner where she could cry alone. But before she made it, she bumped into a white mare and fell. She cried even harder. Now Miss Celestia was being mean!

"My little pony, what's wrong?"

"No!" Twilight tried to scooch away, but she didn't get far.

"Twilight," her voice was soothing. "What's wrong?"

"My friends are being mean, and now you're being mean!" She said through sobs.

"I'm sorry, dear, truly." Celestia levitated Twilight up and had her stand. "There, a filly should be on the floor. Now, why don't you tell me about your friends."

"Well..." Twilight sniffed, wiping her hooves over her eyes a couple of times to get rid of the tears. "They wanted the candy you gave me and I only had two! I don't have enough for...for, uhhh...five and one."

"Six, dear."

"Yeah!" Twilight sat back down, feeling even more sad. "I wasn't paying attention and they got mad. I don't have the candy anymore, I dropped it. They probably don't like me anymore."

"Well, I don't know about that." Celestia said.

"What you mean?" Twilight looked up and then saw the five fillies standing in front of her looking sad too.

"We're sorry, Twilit." Pinkie's mane was all droopy.

"Yeah, we was not cool." Rainbow had tears in her eyes.

"Ah'm sorry." Applejack was holding her cowpony hat over her chest.

"We has the candies if you want it back." Rarity said, offering the still wrapped candies.

Fluttershy was just crying.

"How about this." Celestia lifted four more candies from her saddlebags and gave them to Twilight. "Why don't you give these to your friends and make up."

"Oh." Twilight sniffled, the tears drying up. "Thank you, miss." She quickly hugged the mare before scampering off with her new friends. Soon after, they were all giggling and munching on the very special candy.

Author's Note:

I just remembered that Equestria Girls exists, and now I'm grappling with the decision of either incorporating it into this fic, having a side fic, or not writing a kindergarten version at all. This is most cumbersome.

Kudos to all who commented and liked! It was quite the surprise, thank you.