• Published 29th Oct 2023
  • 1,251 Views, 286 Comments

A Sparkle's Little Dusk IV: A Family Eternal - Mister E-Nonymous



Dusk Shine, son of Princess Twilight Sparkle, has a family that has been growing bigger and bigger. Especially when Cadance has a new foal of her own. That means things are gonna be a lot more interesting. Or maybe, something bad comes back for more.

  • ...
4
 286
 1,251

Chapter 17: Spring Break!

Chapter 17: Spring Break!


At the Ponyville Schoolhouse, the students were all anxious. They looked up at the clock as Cheerilee was finishing up the lesson. All except Nyx, who was the only one in class paying attention to Cheerilee. The clock was ticking while most of the students were waiting for the final bell for their section of class to be over. Just then, the clock struck 1:15 and the school bell rang.

"SPRING BREAK!!" Dusk called out, accidentally using the Royal Canterlot Voice. Then all of the students, except for Nyx, quickly got their stuff and ran out of the schoolhouse.

Cheerilee turned around to see only Nyx sitting in her seat. She then said, "Guess your brother is the most excited to get started on Spring Break."

"You have no idea," Nyx said, getting out of her seat. She then grabbed her stuff with her magic, put them into her saddlebags, and placed the saddlebags on her back. "See ya, Miss Cheerilee." She then slowly trotted out of the schoolhouse to catch up with the rest of her friends.

Nyx got out of the schoolhouse with her siblings and friends waiting for her. Dusk then said, "I still can't believe you stay behind when everypony else was getting ready for Spring Break."

"You know how much I love school work," Nyx said.

"Yeah, yeah," Apple Bloom said. "So, what's everypony gonna do fer Spring Break?"

"Actually, I don't know what we're gonna do," Dusk said. "I just hope it's not as troubling as going to another dimension just to get back one of the Elements of Harmony."

"Or stopping mind controlling sirens," Nyx added.

"Or two realities colliding with each other," Daylight said.

"You all did all that?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Well, I did," Dusk said. "Nyx only got the last two, and Sam, sorry, Daylight, got the last one."

"Well, I hope you'll all find something to do," Scootaloo said. "I'm gonna be practicing tricks on my scooter."

"Apple Bloom, didn't you say that Applejack, Rarity and Pinkie Pie are going on a boat ride?" Daylight asked.

"Oh, yeah," Apple Bloom said. "They are. Ah just hope they won't get inta too much trouble."

"You and me both," Sweetie Belle said.

"Well, we should go home," Dusk said. "See you all later." Then Dusk, Nyx and Daylight headed off towards the Castle of Friendship.


At the Castle of Friendship, Twilight was waiting for Dusk, Nyx and Daylight to come home. Then the three foals came into the castle. Dusk and Nyx were flying.

"No fair!" Daylight said. "You two have wings!"

"I earned mine in the other dimension," Dusk said.

"I was supposed to be Nightmare Moon as her own mare, and she was based on Princess Luna," Nyx said.

"Well, I'm not too sure if you're gonna become an alicorn anytime soon, Daylight," Twilight said. "Especially with you originally being... you know."

"But Dusk was human before he came here," Daylight said.

"Yes, but that was before he died in that world," Twilight said. "He was reborn here, in a new body."

"Well, I think we should figure out what to do for Spring Break," Dusk said, heading down the hall.

"Actually, Dusk, that's what I was about to tell you all," Twilight said, making Dusk stop. He then turned to face Twilight. "Mom and Dad wanted to surprise you with something." Dusk, Nyx and Daylight tilted their heads in confusion.


The next morning, Dusk, Nyx, Daylight, Smolder, Ocellus, Silverstream, Yona and Gallus were on a train with Velvet and Night Light, heading off somewhere. Ocellus was in Pony form, of course, since she's not sure who would come after her in her real form.

"So, where are we headed again?" Gallus asked.

"Oh, it's a surprise," Night Light said. "You'll see when we get there."

"Ooooh!" Silverstream squealed excitedly. "I'm so excited! This just might be the most amazing thing I've ever seen!"

Velvet and Night Light giggled at Silverstream's enthusiasm. Then they saw Ocellus, she was looking out the window with worry on her disguised face. Velvet then walked over towards Ocellus.

"You still worried?" Velvet asked.

"Me?" Ocellus asked, looking at Velvet. "Well... a little." She then looked down at her disguised body. "Ever since I've been... learning friendship, I've been experiencing some... changes... to my normal form."

"Changes?" Velvet asked. "What kind of changes?"

Ocellus looked around at all the ponies in the cart. She then whispered into Velvet's ear, making her go a little surprised.

"Well... maybe when we arrive at our destination, you can show us," Velvet said.

"Okay," Ocellus said. "I just hope you all don't feel as uncomfortable as I do."

"Yona hopes this place not as dangerous as Yakyakistan," Yona said.

"Oh, you don't have to worry about that, Yona," Night Light said. "So, we're gonna have a nice, relaxing vacation."

"Meh, probably some pony things," Smolder said, her arms crossed. "Probably nothing that excites us dragons."

Dusk looked towards Smolder and said, "I've seen one of grandma's relaxing vacations, and it wasn't exactly relaxing."

"What does that mean?" Smolder asked.

"She went over Neighagra Falls in a barrel," Nyx said, making Smolder go wide eyed.

Smolder looked at Velvet, who rubbed the back of her neck at Nyx's comment, and Smolder asked, "That's relaxing for you?!" Velvet nodded. "Dang. You are so hardcore. I should've come to you a lot sooner."

"Well, I don't really do it all the time, since Night Light and I help out with watching over the foals since we moved in with Twilight," Velvet said.

"And that was before Nyx and Daylight showed up," Night Light said. "Heck, it was even before our son married Princess Cadance, who was Twilight's old foal sitter."

"You really need to get time for yourself," Smolder said.

Then the train whistle started blowing, getting the attention of every creature in the cart. Then a conductor started calling out to every creature there.

"Next stop, Vanhoover!"

"That's our stop," Night Light said. "Let's go." Then they all started grabbing their stuff. Gallus and Silverstream flew up to grab the bags for those who could not reach. Mostly for Nyx, Daylight, Yona and Ocellus. Ocellus didn't want to risk changing forms in front of so many ponies.


Velvet and Night Light escorted Dusk, Nyx, Daylight, Smolder, Yona, Ocellus, Silverstream and Gallus over to the beach area, where there was a cabin.

"Well, here we are," Velvet said.

"Whoa!" Dusk, Nyx and Daylight said in unison.

"Welcome to the old family cabin," Night Light said. "We haven't been here since before Twilight started attending Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns."

"Why'd you stop coming?" Gallus asked as they approached the front door.

"Well, after Twilight got accepted, Shining Armor got recruited into Royal Guard Training," Night Light said. "It wasn't right to do this trip without Shining Armor that year, so we waited for the next year. But Twilight was too busy with her studies."

"Kinda figured," Nyx said. "Twilight does love to study."

"Yes she does," Velvet said. She then opened up the door and showed the main room of the cabin. On the other side of the cabin, there was a line of windows that had a balcony with a boat dock.

"Whoa!" Dusk, Nyx and Daylight all said in unison.

"This place... actually looks very cozy," Gallus said.

"Alright, here's how it's gonna go," Velvet said. "Dusk and Gallus will be sharing one room, Nyx, Daylight and Silverstream get the other room, Night Light and I get the master bedroom, and you three will be sleeping in the living room." She pointed a hoof at Smolder, Ocellus and Yona.

"So, this is where Mom and Uncle Shining had vacation time when they were young?" Daylight asked.

"That's right," Night Light said. Just then, Velvet used her magic to close all the curtains and closed the doors, just in case some ponies tried looking in.

"Alright, Ocellus," Velvet said. "The place is secure. Go ahead and show us."

Ocellus looked around at the others looking at her. She then sighed. She transformed back into her original form. But there was something different. Her wings were now shiny.

"Whoa!" all but Ocellus, Velvet and Night Light said in unison.

"When did this happen?" Velvet asked.

"It started when I was actually... starting to warm up," Ocellus said. "Princess Cadance told Princesses Celestia and Luna about me and Thorax. When they came to Ponyville to talk to me, I felt... a little anxious. I thought they would attack me for everything the other changelings done during the wedding in Canterlot."

"Oh, I see," Velvet said. "Well, you're opening up. It'll soon be a matter of time until all the other creatures accept changelings, and for the changelings to accept friendship."

"Although, it's gonna be tough with who's in charge of the changelings," Smolder added. "No way that Chrysalis would accept Friendship. Even us dragons know that Chrysalis is power hungry."

"That's true," Dusk said, heading towards the hallway. "She's more interested in power than friendship."

"And how would you know that?" Gallus asked.

"She teleported me to Appleloosa when I found out she was impersonating Cadance," Dusk answered. "And that was long before I got these." Dusk then unfolded his wings.

"It's true," Ocellus said. "Thorax saw him coming from outside the barrier, and climbing into Canterlot through the Gemstone Caverns."

"Oh, yeah," Nyx said. "I heard that back in my Equestria. Of course, in my Equestria, Twilight got banished down there when she thought Cadance was evil and not Chrysalis was disguised as her."

"That would make sense," Velvet said. "Okay, who's up for some time on the beach?"


On the beach, Dusk, Nyx and Daylight were making a sand castle. Ocellus, in Pony Form, was helping Daylight up so she could reach the parts she couldn't reach.

"Okay, every creature!" Night Light called out. "Lunch is served!"

All the creatures went over towards where Night Light and Velvet were setting up a lunch on the picnic table on the balcony of the cabin. Velvet then took in a breath of air.

"Ah, this is nice," Velvet said. "Nothing like a calm ocean breeze to lift your spirits."

"That depends on where you're from," Smolder said. "We dragons prefer smog filled air and nice lava pools."

"I wouldn't know about beaches," Ocellus said. "But this place is nice."

"No oceans up in Yakyakistan," Yona added. "Nothing but rocks and snow for miles."

"Griffonstone wasn't that nice either," Gallus said. "Powerful winds, and crumbling buildings. It was basically not up to code."

"You know, if you griffons could spend a fraction of your bits, you could rebuild the town into what it could have been," Nyx said.

"Huh," Gallus said, thinking about it. "Maybe you're right. But, I'm not sure that Grandpa Gruff would approve."

"What about you, Silverstream?" Ocellus asked. "I bet you don't get ocean breezes."

"Well, there aren't much breezes in Seaquestria," Silverstream said.

"What does that mean?" Gallus asked. Silverstream responded by tapping her magic seashell necklace, transforming back into a seapony. "WHOA!!"

"Oh, my!" Ocellus said.

"Okay, that's cool!" Smolder said.

"No breezes in Seaquestria because there's no air down there," Silverstream said before changing back into a Hippogriff. "Everything's underwater."

"That makes sense," Night Light said. "Alright, every creature. Dig in!"

Gallus then started grabbing some food, putting some on a paper plate that was given to him, and stuffing one handful into his mouth.

"Wow, he is really hungry," Ocellus said.

"Well, he was living alone on the streets of Griffonstone," Dusk said.

"Oh, yeah," Ocellus said. "I guess I'd be that hungry if I was alone like him."

Gallus noticed how quickly he was eating, stopped, leaned back and swallowed. He then said, "Sorry. You'd be surprised on how hungry a scrawny griffon living on the streets can get."

"Yeah, I can see that," Velvet said. "So, once every creature is done, how about we do some canoe paddling?"

"Oooh! Sounds fun!" Silverstream said, putting her talons to her cheeks. But then she got a confused look. "What's that?"

"It's when we get into a boat, and paddle it across the water," Daylight said. "Before he got sick, dad and I did it at least once a month in the summer."

"Kinda wish I had that experience before I died," Dusk said.

"Well, you might have missed out on a lot of things before coming here," Night Light said.

"No thanks to your former aunt and cousin," Velvet said, Night Light nodding in agreement. "But since you came here, you've been given so much happiness. Twilight took you in, you have made a lot of new friends, and you've become the first male alicorn in Equestrian History."

"Your original parents would be proud," Night Light said. Velvet nodded at Night Light's comment.

Dusk smiled at that. But then Yona spoke up, saying, "Purple boy pony sure did have tough life by sound of it, but back to before, Yona not sure about boat. Yaks do a lot of things, but swimming not one."

"You can't swim?" Night Light asked.

"Yaks live in snow covered mountains," Yona said. "Not much for swimming."

"Don't worry, Yona," Night Light said. "We'll be here to help you if you fall in."

"Plus, I'll turn into a seapony and carry you up if you start drowning," Silverstream said. "Although, if I'm gonna get you out, I'm gonna need some creature to help me carry you up and out."

"Oh, I can help with that," Ocellus said. She then shapeshifted into a seapony.

"Whoa!" Dusk said. "That's actually a good look on you!"

Ocellus then looked at herself and saw how colorful she was as a seapony. She then said, "Huh. I wasn't even trying to go for this color."

"You look good with colors like that," Velvet said. "Okay, now that we got that handled, we'll head over to the canoe after lunch." Ocellus then changed back into her pony form and continued eating.


In the middle of the night, Dusk and Gallus were asleep in the same room. Dusk then woke up. He used his magic to grab a glass of water for him to drink. But when he barely drank any, he decided to quietly get out of bed and head for the door.

When he came out, he saw Daylight in the kitchen, getting some milk. She then saw Dusk.

"Oh, hey, Henry," Daylight said.

"Hey, Sam," Dusk said. "Thirsty, too?"

"Yeah," Daylight said. "I always need a cup of milk at night." She then sighed. "Ever since... our old Mom died." Dusk then walked over to Daylight and gave her a wing hug.

"Yeah," Dusk said. "I miss her too. And dad."

"I'm sure they're glad that we're together," Daylight said. "Even though you're supposed to be a few years older than me."

"Guess time works differently on different worlds," Dusk said. "But at least I'm still your big brother."

"Yeah," Daylight said. "I'm glad I got to finally meet you and be a family with you again."

"Me, too, Sam," Dusk said. "Me, too." Then the two of them nuzzled each other. Then a light blue aura came from them, then it started trailing away towards Ocellus, who was still asleep. Ocellus felt it and smiled.

"Ah..." Ocellus said in her sleep. "Family love." She then rolled over and pulled the blanket closer to her head.

Dusk and Daylight looked at each other and quietly laughed. Dusk then said, "Changelings feed on love. I guess she felt that."

"Guess so," Daylight said.

Author's Note:

Sorry this took so long. I've been busy with stuff. Anyway, I'm back. So, this story's almost over. I'll surely be looking forward to the big moment. Surely you all can wait for it to happen.


VOTING TIME!!

Okay, so it's obvious that the changelings will be coming back for revenge. But this time, we all know that Chrysalis's plan will be spoiled. And this time, the four heroes of Equestria won't be alone to stop them. Of course, they'll know about Dusk and Nyx, but they won't know about Daylight. So it will be Daylight, Starlight, Trixie, Thorax, Discord and the Young 6 taking on Chrysalis. With an idea from JusticeWind, another character will be joining the group. Vote for who will be that character.

Option 1:

Maud Pie

Option 2:

Sunburst

Option 3:

Dragon Lord Ember

The character with the most votes will be joining the group.