• Published 29th Oct 2023
  • 1,251 Views, 286 Comments

A Sparkle's Little Dusk IV: A Family Eternal - Mister E-Nonymous



Dusk Shine, son of Princess Twilight Sparkle, has a family that has been growing bigger and bigger. Especially when Cadance has a new foal of her own. That means things are gonna be a lot more interesting. Or maybe, something bad comes back for more.

  • ...
4
 286
 1,251

Chapter 15: Gabby and Gallus

Chapter 15: Gabby and Gallus


Dusk, Nyx, Daylight, the Crusaders and the Tri-Pies were walking through Sweet Apple Acres. The Crusaders were proud that they helped out the ponies who had trouble either understanding their cutie marks, or helping them get their cutie marks. For example, Bluenote, Bulk Biceps, and Tender Taps.

They almost reached the clubhouse as Sweetie Belle started talking. "Now, Scootaloo, you do know there will always be challenges? Someday, somepony might even come to us with a problem that even we can't handle. Like, say..."

Apple Bloom then noticed something and asked, "A griffon?"

"That's a good example, Apple Bloom," Daylight said. "A griffon. That's just crazy." Sweetie Belle nodded in agreement.

Scootaloo looked towards where Apple Bloom was looking and saw what Apple Bloom saw. She then said, "Or not!" She then pointed at the top of the CMC Clubhouse. Standing perched on top of the clubhouse was a griffon.

"Okay, now that's gonna be interesting," Dusk said. "I don't think I've ever come across a griffon while I was here."

"Didn't we see some griffons in the Equestria Games?" Nyx asked.

"Oh, yeah," Dusk said, remembering the Equestria Games. Then all nine foals went into a nearby bush hoping not to be seen by the griffon. She then scratched herself like a cat or dog does.

Sweetie Belle poked her head out of the bush and asked, "Is that really a griffon?" The others popped their heads out of the bush.

"You're darn tootin' it is!" Apple Bloom said. "What do you think that griffon wants?"

"Perhaps we should ask her," Dusk said.

"That's not a good idea, Dusk," Nyx said. "Griffons are known for being mean and cranky."

"Everypony, looks like we've gotta step carefully," Scootaloo said. Then the nine of them stepped quietly out of the bush, hoping that none of them were seen by the griffon. How wrong they were.

"The Cutie Mark Crusaders!" the griffon said, popping out of the bush the foals were coming out of. She then pounced on Daylight, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. "I can't believe it's really, really you!" She then laughed excitedly while hugging the four fillies. Dusk, Nyx and the Tri-Pies were shocked to see this griffon's expression.

Scootaloo was grunting, and through a strained voice, she said, "This... griffon's... not... cranky."

"How in the blooming apples did you know who we are?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Know who you are? Know who you are?!" Gabby asked, excitedly. She placed the Crusaders down. "Why, I've heard about you from everypony in Ponyville! I'm so excited to meet you, I could just explode! I'm Gabriella, but you can call me Gabby since we're friends now! Pleased to meet ya!" She then shook the hooves of the four fillies, shaking their entire bodies.

"Well, howdy... um... Gabby," Apple Bloom said.

Gabby squealed and said, "I'm just about the most excited anygriffon has ever been about anything!"

"Excited about what?" Daylight asked.

"This even I have to know," Dusk said.

"Everypony in town tells me of your amazing assistance!" Gabby said. "How you help ponies find their place in the world!"

"It's a calling, but..." Scootaloo said, but was then cut off by Gabby.

"And that's why I'm here," Gabby said, excitedly. "I need help, too. I want you to give me a cutie mark!"

All the foals looked at each other in confusion. But then, a new voice came in.

"Are you kidding me, Gabby?" The foals and Gabby looked towards the voice, and coming from the opening door of the clubhouse came a new griffon.

"Who is that?" Dusk asked.

Gabby sighed and said, "That's Gallus. He's..."

"Don't tell them anything!" Gallus said. "And you have got to stop your obsession with Cutie Marks. Only ponies can get Cutie Marks."

"Wow, now that's a cranky griffon," Cherry Pie said.

"What's his deal?" Raspberry Pie asked.

"You're not gonna get anything outta me," Gallus said.

Dusk got a good look at Gallus, seeing his form. How skinny he was. How unhealthy he looked. Gallus then coughed while covering his mouth. Dusk then sighed.

"Hey, you," Dusk said, looking at Gallus. "Let's talk in private."

"Why should I?" Gallus responded.

"I've been where you are, dude," Dusk answered. "Let's talk." He then started flying away. Gallus was confused and then followed Dusk in the air.


At Sugarcube Corner, Dusk went to a table where Gallus was sitting with a box full of cupcakes. Dusk put the box on the table in front of Gallus.

"Go ahead," Dusk said. "Looks like you need it."

"Seriously?" Gallus asked. "You think I'd ever take a free meal from a young alicorn colt? Which shouldn't be possible by the way."

"Yeah, I know," Dusk said. "I wasn't expecting it either." Gallus just sat in his seat, his forelegs crossed. Just then, his stomach growled and his eyes widened. Dusk nodded towards the cupcakes, indicating the griffon to eat. Gallus then sighed, took a cupcake with green frosting, and took a bite out of it. Gallus then got a look of amazement from the taste of it.

"That's... not... too awful," Gallus said. Dusk responded with a smirk. Then Gallus leaned his head back, groaned and said, "Oh, who am I kidding? It's delicious!" Gallus then started stuffing his face with cupcakes.

"So, Gallus, tell me about yourself," Dusk said.

"What's it to you?" Gallus asked, his mouth full of cupcakes.

"First of all, chew your food, and then swallow," Dusk said. "It's not really okay to talk with your mouth full."

Gallus swallowed what he had in his mouth and said, "Sorry. Guess I was really hungry."

"More like starved," Dusk said. "I know the feeling. I've been where you are. That's how I died."

"Died?" Gallus asked.

Dusk sighed and turned his head away with a sad look. He closed his eyes, remembering his last moments in his human form. He then said, "I was a different species before I woke up like this. My parents loved me. They did just about everything for me. But all that changed when my parents had to go out of the country for their work. I couldn't come along. So, I had to stay with my mom's sister, Bonnie, and her son, Devon."

"Really?" Gallus asked. "What happened?"

"They... treated me like their personal slave," Dusk said. "They made me clean the apartment, leave me home alone, make me starve, take away my toys." He then sighed. "They didn't even care if I was sick, or hurt. They made me clean up the house."

"Wow," Gallus said. "Guess... you've had it worse than I do." He then sighed. "Okay, yes. I'm homeless, and alone. I... lost my family when I was young. And I've been living on the streets ever since. I would've been sent to an orphanage if Griffonstone hadn't shut them down for Budget Cuts."

"Dude, that's just wrong," Dusk said.

"I know, right?" Gallus asked. He then sighed. "At least you got it good."

"And that was after I died and was... reborn," Dusk said.

"I guess... you did understand what I was going through," Gallus said. He then sighed. "I guess this was the real reason why Gabby brought me here. Not only to try and get a Cutie Mark, which we both know is impossible for non-pony creatures..." Dusk nodded in agreement. "You've been nice to me. All the griffons back in Griffonstone don't have the decency to help me out. So..."

"Let me guess, you steal from anyone who's not looking," Dusk said.

Gallus sighed and said, "Pretty much." He then looked out the window. "You ponies are lucky. You all have it good, but I'm outta luck."

Dusk then thought of something. He was thinking if there was something else he could do for Gallus. He then smiled and said, "Come with me. There's a few... creatures... I'd like for you to meet." Gallus responded with raising an eyebrow.


Dusk took Gallus back to the Castle of Friendship. Gallus was shocked to see different creatures. A yak, a hippogriff and a changeling.

"Gallus, meet Yona, Silverstream and Ocellus," Dusk said. "Girls, meet Gallus."

"Ooooooh!" Silverstream squealed excitedly. She then started hovering around Gallus. "An actual griffon! So interesting! I can't believe I'm actually meeting one!"

Gallus was shocked to see Silverstream hovering around him. He then said, "She seems... excited."

"You'll have to forgive her," Dusk said. "She's been underwater for years."

"Underwater?" Gallus asked.

"The Hippogriffs were attacked by a magic stealing tyrant, so they had to transform themselves into Seaponies and hide underwater," Dusk said. "See that seashell necklace she's wearing?"

Gallus looked at Silverstream's necklace, who slightly lifted it. She then said, "This allows me to transform me, or any other creature, into sea creatures." She then flew over to the couch and sat down. "Watch." She then tapped the seashell, and the magic within it transformed Silverstream into a seapony.

"Whoa!" Gallus said. "Okay, that's cool!" He then looked at Dusk. "Okay, so you got a changeling, a yak and a hippogriff-slash-seapony. What else do you got here, a dragon?"

"He's my brother by adoption," Dusk said. "In fact, he's part of the reason why Ocellus is here."

"It's true," Ocellus said. "Spike helped me and Thorax actually make friends."

"But, Spike was living with Twilight long before I was reborn," Dusk said. "He had no idea of what dragons do in their lives."

"A dragon raised by ponies, huh?" Gallus asked. "Guess he needs a dragon around his age that knows everything about dragons."

"You know it," Dusk said.

"Dusk!" came Twilight's voice. "Where are you...?" She came into the room, seeing Dusk, Gallus, Silverstream, Yona and Ocellus in the room. "Oh, you're... all in here." She then looked at Gallus. "You must be Gallus. Nyx, Daylight and the other Crusaders were just talking about you."

"I didn't tell them much," Gallus said.

"You didn't have to," Twilight said. Spike then walked in. "Spike was writing down your situation as you and Dusk were chatting at Sugarcube Corner."

"Oh, boy," Gallus said.

"Listen, Gallus," Twilight said. "You don't have to go back to Griffonstone if you don't want to. Besides, I've felt how cold it was up there during late fall. You're lucky you didn't freeze to death during the winter."

"Yeah, well," Gallus said, "...if you're offering me a place to stay, surely, there's something I can do for you."

"You've suffered enough by living on the streets," Twilight said. "Dusk was originally abused by two members of his original family, and his sister, Daylight, almost went through the same fate if Princess Luna didn't come to bring her here to Equestria. You don't deserve to starve to death."

Spike then walked into the room. He then said, "Gallus's room is prepared."

"My room?" Gallus asked.

"You're not the only one here who needs help," Twilight said. "And I know you'll be able to make a living for yourself."

Gallus then thought about it. He then started giving off a small smile. He then said, "Thank you. I'll... I'll try to be on my best behavior here."

"I'm sure of it," Twilight said. She and Spike then escorted Gallus to the room where he'll be staying.


At Sugarcube Corner, a few days later, Dusk, Nyx, Daylight and the Cutie Mark Crusaders were sitting at a booth. The Crusaders were explaining to Dusk about what they went through with Gabby.

"Seriously?" Dusk asked. "She went through all that to try and earn a Cutie Mark?"

"I know, right?" Scootaloo asked. "She was so determined to get one."

"So, how is Gallus doing with staying with you guys in the castle?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"He's... a little difficult to work with," Nyx said. "But, at least he's learning about getting along with others."

"C'mon! Hurry up and choose!" came Gallus's voice. Dusk, Nyx, Daylight and the Cutie Mark Crusaders looked towards the line of ponies and saw Gallus standing behind, who else could hold up a line, Sandbar, trying to decide what to order.

"Oh, man," Sandbar said. "They look so good. But I can only choose one." That made Gallus groan in annoyance.

"Emphasis on trying," Daylight said. Then the six foals laughed.

Author's Note:

Sorry it took so long. But here it is. I hope the wait was worth it.