• Published 29th Oct 2023
  • 1,251 Views, 286 Comments

A Sparkle's Little Dusk IV: A Family Eternal - Mister E-Nonymous



Dusk Shine, son of Princess Twilight Sparkle, has a family that has been growing bigger and bigger. Especially when Cadance has a new foal of her own. That means things are gonna be a lot more interesting. Or maybe, something bad comes back for more.

  • ...
4
 286
 1,251

Chapter 18: In Case of Magical Emergency...

Chapter 18: In Case of Magical Emergency...


In the Castle of Friendship, Nyx was practicing her magic so she could get it back to full strength. She was also being supervised by Princess Luna. It was a little past sunset.

Nyx groaned as she was trying to lift a book that was 3 inches thick, saying, "C'mon. Hold it. Hold it." Just then, her magic popped up and the book fell. "Dang it!"

"Perhaps you're pushing yourself too hard," Princess Luna said. "Maybe you need time for your magic to build up. Although, your cousin Flurry Heart is able to do so much magic. I wonder why you're not as magical as her. Or Dusk."

"My magic was drained so I could be a filly again and stay with Twilight," Nyx said.

"Who would do that?" Luna asked.

"You did," Nyx said. "Well, the other you."

"Oh, that's right," Luna said. She then chuckled. "Well, perhaps... I'm not so sure if Twilight would agree with it, but I could share a bit of my own magic with you so you'll be able to do more magic than you did before coming here." She then smiled. "And eventually, when you get older, you can actually fulfill your special talent. Protecting your friends and loved ones."

Nyx looked down at her Cutie Mark and smiled. Nyx then said, "If that can work..."

"It might be unstable," came another voice. The two alicorns turned to see Spell Nexus coming into the room.

"Nexus? What are you doing here?" Nyx asked.

"Well, I actually came here to do something to you that could probably save your life if you lose your magic completely," Nexus said.

"What?" Nyx asked.

"The magic you have is what's keeping the shreds you're made of connected," Spell Nexus. "Which means if you lose your magic, the shreds will disassemble. So, I've found a solution."

"A solution?" Princess Luna asked. "And that is?"

"We're gonna have to merge your DNA with a pony who has been born the natural way," Spell Nexus said. "For that to happen, we're gonna need both the permission of Twilight Sparkle, and some of her DNA."

"Like what?" Nyx asked.

"A piece of her mane... and probably a feather," Nexus said. "This is a very complex spell, which you know I am a master of."

"A spell that could put a little alteration on Nyx to make her biologically related to Twilight Sparkle," Princess Luna said. "And if she loses her magic, she won't break apart."

"It might have to wait until Twilight gets back," Nyx said. "Mom left with Rainbow for Cloudsdale earlier today. Although, Rainbow Dash was complaining about how she was just there." Princess Luna and Spell Nexus laughed at that.

"That was quite inconvenient for Rainbow Dash," Princess Luna said.

"I know, right?" Nyx asked.

"Nyx!" Velvet's voice came from the hall. "It's time for bed!"

"Okay, Grandma!" Nyx said. She then headed out of the room, leaving Princess Luna and Spell Nexus in the room.

"So, have you thought this plan through?" Luna asked.

"I'm still working on the possibilities of this spell," Spell Nexus said. "We're gonna have to wait until Princess Twilight gets back."


Twilight and Rainbow Dash arrived back at the Castle of Friendship after completing their Friendship Mission. Rainbow Dash stretched in mid air while Twilight was using her magic to close the front door.

"Phew," Twilight said, wiping her forehead. "It's good to be home."

Rainbow Dash sighed and said, " You're telling me. Now we can finally catch up with some Daring Do, I can make cider with Applejack..." She was interrupted when there was knocking at the door. Twilight turned towards the door and opened it. Outside, one of the Wonderbolts, Misty Fly, was standing there.

"Dash! I've been looking all over for you!" Misty Fly said panicked. "Wonderbolt emergency! We got to get back to HQ."

"You've gotta be kidding me!" Rainbow Dash said. She then raised her forelegs. "I was just there!" She then fell on her back, sighing. Twilight and Misty Fly looked at each other. Then Twilight started laughing as Misty Fly held in her laughter but not hiding the smile.

"Okay, Dash," Twilight said. "You go do what you have to do. I'm gonna see my foals." She then headed down the halls of the castle to go and see her kids. But then she saw the time on a grandfather clock. The time was 1:30 PM. "Oh, that's right." She then headed back to the door. "They're still in school. I think I'll surprise them when I go to pick them up."


Twilight walked over towards the Ponyville Schoolhouse as the final bell was ringing. The foals of the school started running out of the schoolhouse, heading off to their homes. Dusk, Nyx and Daylight were the last ones to come out of the school. Dusk then noticed Twilight and smiled.

"Mom!" Dusk called out, making Nyx and Daylight gasp at the sight of Twilight. The two fillies smiled and ran up to Twilight as well.

"Hey, kids," Twilight said. "I'm back."

"When did you come back to Ponyville?" Nyx asked.

"Just a few minutes ago," Twilight said. "Of course, Rainbow Dash was called back to Wonderbolts HQ for some emergency."

"Seriously?" Dusk asked. "Wasn't she just there?"

"She can't catch a break, can she?" Daylight asked.

"No, she cannot," Twilight said. "So, anything else happened while I was gone?"

"Well, Princess Luna was helping me with my magic training while you were gone," Nyx said. "And then Spell Nexus came in and suggested something that might help me if I lose magic."

"Really?" Twilight asked. "Well, what is it?"


At the Castle of Friendship, Spell Nexus and Luna were there, explaining what the stallion was going to do.

"This spell requires some of your DNA, Princess Twilight," Spell Nexus explained. "Your DNA will merge with Nyx's, and she won't just be made of the shreds of Nightmare Moon anymore. It'll be like... she's actually your daughter by DNA."

"Whoa," Twilight said. "That... sounds kinda complex."

"Oh, it is," Spell Nexus said. "But you know me. It is my special talent for understanding and creating complex spells and rituals." He then looked at Nyx. "Which I'm guessing is why it was my counterpart that was chosen to be the leader of the Children of Nightmare?" Nyx nodded in response.

"I'm not too sure about this," Twilight said. "Nyx, are you sure you're up for this?"

"Yeah, Nyx," Dusk said. "This could end up being a disaster. What if after the spell is cast, you have no memory of who you were?"

"Well, I didn't have any memories of who I was when the Twilight of my Equestria found me," Nyx said.

"You won't have to worry about that, Nyx," Spell Nexus said. "This is just a DNA merging spell. As soon as it's done, it'll make you feel like you're actually Twilight's daughter."

"Really?" Nyx asked.

"Are you sure this will work?" Twilight asked.

"I've thought this through and through," Spell Nexus replied. "It'll be quite alright. You might feel some tingling, or a little pain in your body, but, it'll be worth it."

"Pain?" Nyx asked.

"Don't worry," Spell Nexus said. "It'll be alright."

Nyx looked at her family a little worried. Twilight felt worried as well for Nyx's safety. Dusk and Daylight came up to Nyx and put a hoof on Nyx's shoulders.

"Nyx, I know how you feel," Dusk said. "Even though it might hurt, it'll get better at the end."

"He's right," Daylight said. "It's like when you get a shot. It's better when it gets done than trying to avoid it. Trust me, I've tried it every physical I've had before coming here."

Nyx then looked around at the other ponies in the room. They were all concerned for Nyx. Nyx then sighed.

"Okay," Nyx said. "Let's do this."

Twilight looked towards Nexus and said, "What do we need?"

"A small amount of your mane and tail, and a feather from each wing," Nexus replied. "From there, I'll cast a spell that will merge DNA from Twilight and into Nyx. Don't worry. It won't change her appearance."

Twilight then used her magic to conjure up scissors. She used them to cut a small amount of hair from her mane and tail. Nexus moved the hair from Twilight to right in front and behind Nyx.

"Lay on your back with your wings spread out," Nexus said. Nyx nodded and did what she was told. She was now laying on her back, her wings spread out. Twilight then removed a feather from her right wing, which Nexus took in his magic and placed it right on Nyx's right wing. Twilight then removed a feather from her left wing, which Nexus did to same and placed it right on Nyx's left wing. Nexus then pushed the hair from Twilight closer to Nyx's mane and tail. "Okay, time to start this ritual. Are you nervous, Nyx?"

"A little," Nyx said.

"Don't worry," Nexus said. "It'll all be over in just about a minute."

Nexus then lit up his horn. His magical aura surrounded the cut hair and feathers from Twilight, and they started merging in with Nyx. Nyx squirmed a little from what was happening, her eyes shut tight. She was biting her lip from what she was feeling.

"Nyx, are you okay?" Dusk asked.

"It... stings!" Nyx nearly shouted.

"You're doing alright, Nyx," Luna said. "It's almost over."

The feathers from Twilight were shrinking into Nyx's wings, turning black to match Nyx's coat color. Twilight's hair started merging with Nyx's as well, turning the same color as the filly's purple hair as well. As soon as the merging was complete, Nyx was lifted up into the air, and she started glowing in a white light, nearly blinding everypony in the room. The light then went down, and Nyx was back on the floor, passed out, and she was laying on her belly.

"Nyx!" Twilight said. She ran up to Nyx and pulled her in for a hug. "Please be okay. Please... Please."

Nyx then started stirring. She opened her eyes and looked around. Dusk noticed it and smiled.

"She's awake!" Dusk said.

Twilight then pulled her away to get a good look at Nyx. Twilight then asked, "Are you okay?"

"I'm... I'm fine," Nyx said. She then looked at Twilight with a confused look. "Who are you?" That made everypony in the room gasp.

"Uh oh," Nexus said. "I think I might have done something wrong."

Nyx then started laughing and said, "Gotcha!" Then everypony else started laughing with Nyx.

"Okay, Nyx," Twilight said. "Joking matters aside, how do you feel."

"Actually... I kinda feel... stronger," Nyx said. She then saw the sofa. "Let me try something." Her horn then lit up. Then the sofa started getting lifted in Nyx's magical aura, and Nyx wasn't struggling to keep it up. "My... my magic's back to full strength!"

"I'm guessing since Twilight's an alicorn, and her DNA is now mixed with yours, your magic is as strong as it used to be," Princess Luna said.

"Yes," Nexus said. "And with that, you are now able to do as much magic you can do before you became Nightmare Moon in your Equestria. Just... try not to abuse it."

"No way I'd abuse it," Nyx said. "Besides, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon aren't bullies anymore."

"Especially with Spoiled Rich in prison for embezzling," Dusk said. "It wasn't your bits, so you can't use them for your own selfish things!"

"Now that that's out of the way, how about we all go out to eat?" Twilight suggested.

"I would like to join you, Princess Twilight, but I'm afraid I have some business to take care of back in Canterlot," Princess Luna said.

"Yeah, and I've got to get back to work," Nexus said. "We shall see you all another time." Princess Luna then used her magic to teleport both her and Nexus out of the Castle and back to Canterlot.

"Okay, I guess it'll just be us, my parents, Spike and our five guests," Twilight said. Just then, Gallus, Ocellus and Smolder burst through the door.

"I just felt a strong force of magic!" Ocellus said.

"What happened in here?!" Gallus asked.

"Uh... why is that couch hovering in Nyx's magic?" Smolder asked.

Twilight looked at her foals with a smile. Then she started giggling while the foals just laughed.

Author's Note:

Okay, this is it. The votes have been tallied up. See what happens next in the final chapter of this story. See you all there.