• Published 29th Oct 2023
  • 1,251 Views, 286 Comments

A Sparkle's Little Dusk IV: A Family Eternal - Mister E-Nonymous



Dusk Shine, son of Princess Twilight Sparkle, has a family that has been growing bigger and bigger. Especially when Cadance has a new foal of her own. That means things are gonna be a lot more interesting. Or maybe, something bad comes back for more.

  • ...
4
 286
 1,251

Chapter 3: The Chase through the Multiverse

Chapter 3: The Chase through the Multiverse


Outside of the Crystal Palace, Applejack, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash and the Cutie Mark Crusaders were all trying to convince all the Crystal Ponies to evacuate.

"We're just saying that it might not be the best idea to stay outside!" Rainbow Dash called out.

"I camped out all night for this spot!" an elderly orange crystal earth pony said, sitting in a folding chair. "I'm not about to just give it up!"

"Still, when you think about it, the view is just as good a little further back, like... inside your house?" Fluttershy asked, still trying to convince the crystal ponies to get to their houses.

The crystal ponies were complaining of what Fluttershy just said. Then one yellow crystal pony stallion, wearing a navy blue baseball cap and vest, covered in pins, came out and said, "The Crystalling ceremony is one of our most sacred traditions! And when that foal is held before the Crystal Heart, I plan to be as close to the action as possible!"

"Honestly, Ah don't know if there's gonna be a Crystallin'," Applejack said. "The truth is, the baby's an Alicorn and her magic's plum crazy, so you might not wanna be that close after all."

"A baby alicorn?" the elderly pony asked. "Wow, I can't wait to see that!"

"Oh, those little wings are probably so cute!" the pinned pony said.

"I know, right?" a light orange crystal pony stallion with a blue mustache that looks like he has two handlebar mustaches said.

"Look, I am a hundred percent sure the Crystalling isn't happening," Rainbow Dash said. Just then, the sound of magical blasts came to all the ponies's attention. They all looked up and saw magical blasts coming from the castle.

"No Crystalling, huh?" the mustached crystal pony asked. "Then why are they starting the fireworks show?" The crystal ponies then cheered.

"And ya say tellin' lies is a bad thing?" Apple Bloom asked, looking up at her sister.

"Technically, we ain't lyin'," Applejack said. "We're just... hidin' the awful truth."

"That sounds worse than lying," Sweetie Belle said. Apple Bloom and Scootaloo nodded in agreement.


In the Crystal Empire library, Twilight, Nyx and Cadance were searching through the books as Dusk, Daylight, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, the Tri-Pies and Shining Armor were trying to catch the baby.

"Young filly... come back here!" Shining Armor called out.

The baby got away and headed to another part of the library. Pinkie Pie and Rarity saw the baby. Pinkie Pie then called out, "Come to your Auntie Pinkie Pie!" She then hopped to chase the baby.

Twilight and Nyx were at the table, reading the books that were given to them by Cadance, Dusk and Daylight.

"'Bridle Buck's Boat Chants, Hayhoof's Intonements, Mystic Maps and Mazes'..." Twilight said before groaning. She then looked at Nyx. "Anything on your end."

"Nothing yet," Nyx said. She then looked over at Cadance and asked, "Anything up there?"

"Not yet!" Cadance said. "I'm not even sure how these are organized!" Just as Cadance came up to an empty spot on the book shelf, the baby appeared right in that spot. The baby giggled as Cadance was just about to reach for her. But then the baby sneezes, shooting magic from her horn, destroying a support beam.

"Oh, that's not good," Dusk said with Daylight standing next to him.

"Shining Armor, I thought you were taking care of the baby!" Cadance called out.

Shining Armor was chasing the baby, calling out, "I'm trying!" The baby then flew around a corner, which Shining Armor chased her into, but the baby teleported out of the way, back in the intersection of that part of the library, and started flying away from Shining Armor. The baby was flying away, but then her path was blocked by Rarity, who held a butterfly net in her magical grip.

"Gotcha!" Rarity said as the baby was about to fly into the net, but the baby teleported right behind Rarity. "Oh! Or not..."

Just then, the baby came to a wall where she was cornered by the Tri-Pies. Then the three of them called out, "Tri-Pie Tackle!" Then they jumped to grab filly, leaving a dust cloud in their place. When the dust cloud vanished, Cherry was holding onto Raspberry's tail, Blueberry was holding onto Cherry's hind legs, and Raspberry was holding onto Blueberry's mane. The baby was nowhere in sight.

"Well, that didn't work out well," Cherry said.

Just then, Starlight and Spike walked into the library, and then they saw the commotion. They saw Dusk, Daylight, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, the Tri-Pies and Shining Armor chasing the baby while Twilight, Nyx and Cadance were looking all over the library for a way to fix the Crystal Heart. Pinkie Pie chased the baby down the stairs, but she went a little too fast, tripped, and crashed.

"Whoa!" Pinkie Pie called out before she crashed.

"What is going on?!" Starlight Glimmer asked.

Pinkie Pie was then dragged by the baby as she asked, "You want the long or the short version?"

"Short?" Starlight asked.

"The baby's an Alicorn and she accidentally destroyed the Crystal Heart, so Twilight and Cadance are looking for a spell to put it back together and save the Crystal Empire from turning into a giant wasteland of ice and snow," Pinkie Pie said, very quickly.

"Oh," Starlight responded. As the baby was dragging Pinkie Pie, Shining Armor tried to grab the baby. But instead of catching the baby, he accidentally landed on Pinkie Pie, crunching her, and both of them landing on the ground, the baby nowhere to be seen.

Cadance then noticed one book, and levitated it in her magic. She then gasped and asked, "What about this? 'Trotter's Tome of Reliquary'?"

Twilight took the book in her own magic and read through the book. She then saw one page and said, "I think this is it!"

Cadance and Nyx looked at the spell that Twilight was looking at, and Cadance said, "'Spell of Relic Reconstruction'! I can't believe we found it!" Nyx was reading the spell quickly to memorize it. Just then, the baby appeared and knocked over the books that Twilight and Nyx went through. The baby giggled as Pinkie Pie chased her. Finally, Pinkie Pie got the jump on the baby and caught her.

The baby was about to sneeze, and fired a beam of magic right towards Rarity, who reacted by using her magic to levitate her mirror to reflect the beam. The beam then headed towards Shining Armor, who reacted with a shield spell, deflecting the beam. The beam then headed for Starlight and Spike. Starlight used a barrier spell, and the beam was deflected off of it, which was a mistake because it hit Trotter's Tome of Reliquary, blasting a hole through it. Twilight gasped at this.

"Oops," Pinkie said as everypony there gave a shocked look. Just then, the baby teleported out of there.

"Where'd she go?!" Shining Armor said. Just then, the lights went out. "Hey, who turned out the lights?!" Just then, the lights came on, and the Watcher stood there.

"It seems that you all are having trouble with that baby of yours," the Watcher said.

"The Watcher?" Nyx asked.

"The what?" Cadance asked.

"This is Uatu the Watcher, he basically sees all the possible outcomes of all universes, and sees the possible outcome of all realities," Dusk responded. "What is it you're doing here?"

The Watcher opened up a portal, revealing the baby alicorn flying in another universe. He then said, "It would seem your new cousin has somehow teleported herself into a different universe. Usually, I'm not one to interfere with the universes I watch, but without the new Alicorn in this universe, this universe's version of the Crystal Empire is doomed. Dusk Shine, I will send you to the universe that the baby has gotten herself into."

"Why Dusk?" Twilight asked.

"Because you're going to need to restore the Crystal Heart in this universe," the Watcher responded. "Besides, Nyx can't do it because her magic isn't strong enough. But yours is."

"How long is this gonna take for Dusk to get my baby back?" Cadance asked.

"For him, as long as it takes," the Watcher responded. "For the rest of you, it'll be like he never left."

"Okay," Shining Armor said. He then looked at Dusk. "Be very quick about this, Dusk."

"You got it, Uncle Shining," Dusk said. "Watcher!" The Watcher then opened a portal and Dusk flew through it. Then the lights went out.


In the Nexus of All Realities, Dusk came out of one Universe and looked around, trying to find the Watcher.

"Okay, Watcher!" Dusk said. "Where is she?!"

"Over here!" came the Watcher's voice. Dusk turned around and saw the Watcher looking at one wall. Dusk flew over to the Watcher and the Watcher opened the portal to that universe. "You must hurry! Your cousin being out of that universe can have major consequences!"

"You got it," Dusk said. He then flew into the portal, going into a different universe.


"A Dragon's Soft Spot" Universe... Summer Valley Middle School

Branched Timeline: January 2023...

Dusk came out of the portal to that universe, where the janitor of that middle school, Dang, was cleaning the floor with a mop. Dang heard the portal closing, turned around and screamed at Dusk.

"Where'd you come from?" Dang asked.

"Sorry, mister," Dusk said. "Have you seen a baby alicorn flying through here?" Just then, the sound of the baby giggling came down the hall. Dusk and Dang saw the baby flying down the hall. "Don't worry, I'll get her." He then started chasing the baby. Dang just continued mopping.

"This world just keeps getting weirder and weirder," Dang said, continuing his mopping.

Dusk chased the baby down the hall, eventually the baby getting cornered. Dusk was about to grab her, but the baby teleported out of sight and Dusk nearly crashed into the wall. Dusk then called out, "Dang!"

"You called?" Dang asked, appearing right behind Dusk, making the colt scream.

"Where'd you come from?" Dusk asked.

"Vietnam!" Dang responded.

Dusk groaned and said, "I don't have time for this! Watcher!" Then a portal opened up on the wall behind Dusk, and the colt flew through the portal.

"Stranger and stranger," Dang said. Just then, a certain orange and purple dragoness came down the hall, wearing a cheerleader outfit.

"Hey, Dang," Smolder said. "What's going on down here?"

"Oh, nothing," Dang responded. "Just some weird time-space phenomenon!"

"Like the way you get around so fast?" Smolder asked.

"Exactly," Dang said. "Hey, shouldn't you be cheering for your boyfriend and his team at the game?"

"Right," Smolder said. She then started flying back towards the school gym.


Marvel Cinematic Universe... Camp Lehigh, New Jersey...

Branched Timeline... May 2018

Dusk appeared into an old army base camp and saw the baby hovering in fear.

"There you are!" Dusk said. "I thought I'd..." He then saw what the baby was looking at. They saw a bunch of human zombies coming right towards the two of them. "Z-z-zombies!" Just then, the sound of bullets came in and three zombies fell backwards. Dusk then turned around and saw someone coming right towards them.

"What the heck?!" Dusk asked.

"Run..." the Winter Soldier said. The baby then teleported out of that universe. Then a portal opened up and Dusk flew through it. Then the Hulk showed up and started smashing some zombies as the Winter Soldier was shooting some other zombies.


Phineas and Ferb/Milo Murphy's Law/Hamster and Gretel Universe... Danville, New York...

Branched Timeline... January 2017...

A bunch of Pistachion/Human hybrids were chasing Phineas, Ferb, Milo Murphy, Doofenshmirtz, Cavendish, Dakota, and Orton Mahlson up a roller coaster. They eventually made it to the end of the broken roller coaster.

"Oh, no! This is a dead end! Go back down!" Cavendish said.

"We can't!" Phineas said. "We're cut off! And they're coming!"

"Looks like we're out of time!" Dakota said. Just then, their view was cut off by Dusk chasing the baby alicorn, making the pistachion/human hybrids confused as well as the heroes. The baby alicorn teleported out of that universe and a portal opened up in front of Dusk, them going into another universe.

"What was that?!" Phineas asked.

"It appears to be an alicorn colt chasing a baby alicorn filly through multiple universes," Ferb said.

"Okay, did any of you guys see that?" Dakota asked, looking at the pistachion/human hybrids. They all responded with nods, still confused about what they saw. "Okay, so where were we? Oh, yeah. Looks like we're out of time!"


The Mobian Era Universe... Station Square, DC...

Branched Timeline... July 2021...

Miles "Tails" Prower, MC the Fox, Truemen the Bear, Sunny Starscout, Izzy Moonbow and Pipp Petals were surrounded by a bunch of Eggman robots.

"Worst. Summer. Ever," MC said.

"The one time that Twilight and her friends are out of town," Sunny said. Just then, the baby appeared over the robots, grabbing some of them with her magic, and slamming them into each other. Just then, Dusk came in and grabbed the baby.

"Gotcha!" Dusk said. "Time to get you home! Watcher!" Just then, a portal opened up behind Dusk, and Dusk pulled the baby into the portal, leaving the heroes standing there, jaw dropped.

"Was that Flurry Heart?" Truemen asked. "And a young... male version of Twilight?"

"I thought I was the only one who saw that," Tails said.

"Did anyone get that on video?!" Pipp asked.

"I think we're done here for today," MC said. "Let's go home." Then they all started walking away. One robot tried sitting up, but MC fired a materiokinetic photon blast at it, making the robot disassemble itself.


"A Sparkle's Little Dusk" Universe... Crystal Empire Library...

Normal Timeline... Present...

The scene played out as it went by as it started.

"You got it, Uncle Shining," Dusk said. "Watcher!" The Watcher then opened a portal and Dusk flew through it. Then the lights went out. When the lights came back on, Dusk was carrying the baby alicorn in his forelegs. "Got her."

"Good," Twilight said. She then looked down towards Nyx. "Nyx, can you remember the spell."

"I've read it once," Nyx said. "But, I'll try to rewrite how it was exactly."

"Well, if anypony can exactly remember something she read for the first time two minutes ago, it's you, Nyx," Rarity said.

"I'll try," Nyx responded. "But I'm not sure how long it'll take." Just then, the sound of wind blowing came from the hole in the ceiling that the baby alicorn blew her magic through.

"Is quickly an option?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Twilight and I will help as we can,but we should evacuate the city just in case!" Princess Cadance said. She then took the baby alicorn in her magic and put the baby on her back while looking at Shining Armor. "You need to lead everypony to the train station before the tracks freeze over!"

"We will," Shining Armor said. "But between you, Nyx and Twilight, I'm sure you'll remember the spell." Shining Armor, Dusk, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Daylight and the Tri-Pies all ran through the doors, heading outside to get the ponies to evacuate the Crystal Empire.

Twilight levitated a scroll and quill and gave them to Nyx. She then said, "I only hope this is the spell we need."

Starlight walked up to Twilight and asked, "Is there anything I can do?"

"I don't think so," Twilight said as Nyx started writing what she could remember of the spell. "I'm just sorry about your lesson."

"Oh, that doesn't matter now," Starlight said. "Sunburst and I don't have anything in common anyway. He's a big important wizard! And I'm re-learning everything I ever thought I knew."

"Sunburst?" Cadance asked, walking up to Starlight. "I don't recognize the name, but if he's an important wizard, you should bring him here. Maybe he'll know what to do if the spell fails."

Starlight gasped and said, "Of course!" She then ran towards the door. Spike walked towards the table that Twilight, Nyx and Cadance were at.

"You better go with her, Spike," Twilight said. Spike nodded and followed Starlight. Then the sound of thunder booming came in. Twilight, Nyx and Cadance looked towards the hole in the ceiling and saw Princess Celestia and Princess Luna using their magic to push back the storm.

Author's Note:

Okay, that was interesting. Even with the Watcher breaking his oath, again, to help out with any multiversal trouble. Hopefully, things will look up from now on.