• Published 15th Aug 2023
  • 745 Views, 12 Comments

G5 Adventures in Scooby-Doo! and Batman: The Brave and the Bold - ponydog127



The ponies leap back into an adventure with Scooby-Doo and the gang, this time teaming up with legendary Caped Crusader, Batman.

  • ...
 12
 745

A Mystery Finally Solved/Heading Home

Everyone could only look on in worry as their friends remained unconscious after they fell from the platform after the teleportation machine exploded… and the ponies were trying not to fear the worst, but… it was hard. Aquaman finally moved Batman’s cape so they could get a clearer view. “Batman?”

A groan finally came from Sunny, who stirred as her alicorn form faded away. “Did we do it…?” she asked. “Is everypony okay?”

“We’re fine now!” Misty said joyously as Sunny’s friends enveloped her in a huge hug, cheering and laughing. Scooby woke next, giggling and rolling over to be included in the hug, which now included Shaggy. Ivory woke next, slowly getting to her hooves, and then, Batman and the young man from the portal woke up, the young man feeling himself. “I’m… alive?”

“Leo Scarlett,” Batman smiled. “Welcome home.”

Ivory gasped and ran over to Batman hugging him tight, causing him to rub her down gently. “Aww…” Misty smiled. “Ivory found a family with Batman. That’s so sweet!”

“It is,” Zipp nodded. “But first, we have work to do.”

XXXXXXXX

Leo Scarlett was checked out by some EMTs immediately after getting out of the portal, and Velma decided to explain a few things to Batman and Ivory. “Your first encounter with the machine put you in tune with the teleporter's frequency.”

“But only when you were near the isotopes used in the original device,” Hitch added. “So,” Ivory spoke, “that's why we kept hearing him at the crime scenes!”

“Now we understand why you didn't tell us about all this,” Paradise told Ivory. “But what matters is, you don't have to live with the voices anymore.”

“There you are!” said a voice, and an elderly man came toward Batman. “Professor Scarlett,” Batman greeted. “Thank you, Caped Crusader, for saving my son!” said the professor, shaking Batman's hand as Leo approached. “I can't give you back the years you've lost, but I'm sure you have many more ahead.”

And with that, the professor and his son got in their car and drove off to get reconnected after so many years. “So, Bats,” said Black Canary, “how does it feel to have your unsolved case solved?”

“It feels... good,” Batman admitted. “But I couldn't have done it without my friends. Especially Ivory, the ponies and Scooby and the gang.”

Pipp let out a squeal at that. “He just called us his friends! Us! Eee-hee-hee!”

“You realize that leaves him with a clean slate of solved cases, right?” Detective Chimp said before scowling. “Overachiever...”

“There'll be no living with him now,” Plastic Man muttered. “As if there was before,” Martian Manhunter agreed before he and Plastic Man high fived. Batman then turned to the gang, admiring their new attire. “Mystery Incorporated, you filled those suits well.”

“Aw, shucks,” Scooby giggled. “And in more ways than one,” Ivory said. “For too long, I always thought my father's... death was my fault, and the case we abandoned always made me think of not being able to save him. But... you helped me think differently. I can finally let go and rest, knowing my father is in a safe place... and so am I.”

As she said these words, suddenly, Ivory began glowing and lifting off the ground. “Wha... what is this?” the kirin said in surprise. “What's happening?!”

As the magic continued to circle around her, fairy-like wings began to form on her body, causing everyone to gasp and cheer in delight. “Wings?” Ivory spoke. “I-I don't understand. I'm not even a pony. How could I have done this?”

“Because... being able to let go of the blame for your father's death gave you new hope,” Sunny told her. “And in doing so... it gave you wings, making you--”

“A kirin alicorn?” Pipp asked with a squeal. “This is really turning out to be something!”

“Yes, heh...” Ivory flapped her new wings. “It really is.”

Velma sighed and finally took off the mask and put on her glasses. “Finally, we can relax.”

“Nope, afraid not,” Fred took off his mask, prompting the other gang members to do the same. “Tonight is our last night in Gotham.”

“Aww...”

“Then until our next adventure,” Batman said. “It's been an honor, Mystery Incorporated.”

He and Ivory bid everyone farewell and as they began to walk away, Velma pulled out her notebook. “Actually, there's one remaining mystery that we've finally solved.”

“The biggest question of them all, who is the Batman?” Fred crossed his arms, and Zipp smirked victoriously. “And we finally figured out the answer.”

Shaggy and Scooby nodded, and this caused all attention to be on them as Daphne continued. “Batman is the warmest, kindest, most big-hearted soul we've ever met. A great big teddy bat.”

“Aww...” Plastic Man and Paradise cooed. “Then, I hope you'll keep that to yourself,” Batman told them. “The criminal underworld would have a field day if they knew.”

“Your secret is safe with us,” Sunny said with a smile, and Hoof Beatz merely chuckled. “No promises.”

Suddenly, a portal opened nearby, prompting Misty to sigh. “We better head home, guys. See you soon, everyone! Thanks for everything!”

With that, and several waves goodbye, the ponies sped off and jumped into the portal before it closed. Before Batman and Ivory went off a few seconds later, Batman pulled out a bat-shaped cookie from his utility belt. “I almost forgot,
a bat snack for Scooby. You've earned it.”

He tossed the snack to Scooby, but before it could get to Scooby, Shaggy caught it in his mouth as Batman and Ivory swung and flew out of sight, and Scooby let out a howl to the sky: “Holy Scooby-Dooby-Doooooo, Batman!”

Comments ( 3 )

A Kirin alicorn? Didn't see that coming.

If you guys don't see the Mane 6 on the new title cover, you gotta look carefully at the Mystery Machine.

Login or register to comment