• Published 15th Aug 2023
  • 745 Views, 12 Comments

G5 Adventures in Scooby-Doo! and Batman: The Brave and the Bold - ponydog127



The ponies leap back into an adventure with Scooby-Doo and the gang, this time teaming up with legendary Caped Crusader, Batman.

  • ...
 12
 745

Into the Batcave

After escaping the villains and the rest of the Mystery Analysts, Batman drove the Batmobile a good ways, with Ivory next to him, and the crystal kirin turned to the others. “Sorry for the tight squeeze, everyone. We’re almost there.”

“It’s all good,” said Shaggy. “Except for the bat-a-rang I think I’m sitting on.”

“Try not to shift your weight then,” Batman advised. “Could be an exploding one.”

This caused Scooby, Misty, Zipp, Izzy and Velma to gulp and move away slightly in case something were to go wrong. “Where are we headed, Batman?” Fred asked. “Someplace you can lie low until we can clear your names,” Batman said vaguely. “And yours,” Hitch reminded. “By helping us,” Velma added, “you've become a fugitive as well.”

Ivory sighed as her ears pinned back. “It wouldn’t be the first time.”

As they went to the outskirts of the city, the Batmobile drove through a cave entrance until it revealed a high tech superhero lair inside. “What is this place…?” Zipp wondered in awe. “Jinkies!” Velma exclaimed as they got out. “We’re in the Batcave!”

“As in the actual Batcave?” Daphne asked. “Based off of the bat guano I just stepped in,” Velma gagged, “I’d say yes.”

Finally, Shaggy, Scooby, Misty and Sunny got out of the van, and Misty grabbed the bat-a-rang from Shaggy’s rear. “Better,” she said, tossing it aside… only for it to explode in a corner of the cave, making her ears fold down in embarrassment. “Whoops…”

Batman and Ivory glanced at her for a moment before they turned to walk toward the computers. “We have some investigating to do,” Ivory said. “But please, make yourselves at home.”

“No problem with that!” Pipp said, flying up a bit and taking selfies. “This cave is totally trendy!”

“Like, it definitely has the whole cave thing going for it,” Shaggy agreed with a hum of thought. “But the giant penny and Dino don't exactly scream bat.”

“Those do!” Daphne pointed to several older costumes in the nearby display case. “Wow! Batman’s first uniform!” Fred gasped. “And Robin, the Boy Wonder!” Velma added. “Batgirl’s got the cutest cape ever!” Daphne said, and Shaggy smiled at the sight of the fourth costume. Like, those flashy threads can only be Nightwing's! Ha ha!”

“And look, Scoob,” Zipp pointed to the dog prop in the fifth costume. “Who knew Batman had a dog?”

“I did,” Scooby shrugged with a giggle. “That’s Ace the Bat Hound!” Velma exclaimed. “These are all of Batman’s sidekicks!”

Former sidekicks,” Batman reminded. “All of them moved on to bigger and better things,” Ivory said. “But being Batman’s trainee now has been super rewarding… even if that’s all I’ll ever be…”

Sunny and Misty heard this statement and frowned, but decided to keep quiet for now so nothing would stir.

Suddenly, music came from one of the television screens, and Daphne pointed up to it. “That one! The press report!”

Ivory hit a button, and the press report came onscreen, with none other than Detective Bullock coming onscreen. “Detective Bullock, you can't actually believe Mystery Incorporated is behind these crimes?” asked a male reporter. “This all started right after they arrived in Gotham,” Detective Bullock explained. “And this time, we got it all on camera.

This caused the entire group to gasp in shock, just as footage of Shaggy sneaking out the isotopes with a scowl came onto the screen. “Norville Rogers, better known by his gang call sign, Shaggy.

“Shaggy?!” everyone cried, looking toward the taller teen in green. “There you have it, folks,” said a female reporter. “Undeniable proof that Mystery Incorporatedis guilty of--

The mute button was quickly pressed as the group looked at the footage again... even though they knew that the footage was faked and that Shaggy would never do something so villainous. “Really has his trademark slouch,” Zipp said, causing Daphne to slowly nod. “And his toothpick arms.”

“And his soulless, beady eyes,” Scooby agreed, causing Misty to shove him scoldingly. “Scooby! Shaggy is your best friend!” she said. “We all know him better than to steal those isotopes!”

“Misty's right. There's no possible way that's Shaggy!” Velma studied the footage again. “He walked right past a box of donuts!”

That's when Fred suddenly had a thought. “You don't suppose Detective Bullock and his men could be...?”

“No. Stay here,” Batman dismissed. “It's too dangerous for you all to be out on the street.”

“Where are you both going?” Daphne asked as Batman and Ivory got up. “Back to where this all started,” Ivory said with a steely gaze. “Milo's lab. Something about that event still doesn't add up.”

“Ivory... do you really wanna go?” Pipp asked softly. “You haven't been back there since you were a filly.”

“...I don't want to, but I have to,” Ivory admitted with some hesitancy. “To clear your names and make sure you don't suffer behind bars. You're all too good to suffer that fate.”

But as they continued to walk away, Shaggy suddenly decided to speak up. “You mean, we have to stay holed up in this cave... without sustenance?”

“Or anything to eat?” Scooby added. “Well, there is a supply of food in--” Ivory was about to say, but Shaggy and Scooby zipped off before she could finish, leaving her to sigh. “The Bat Dehydrator.”

The dehydrator went to work, dehydrating some food like meats and cheeses and salads into smaller pieces. “It's been shrunk,” Shaggy said in shock. “What horrific device could do this to food?”

“It's evil-- evil, I tell you!” Scooby howled. “It allows me to eat high-caloric meals on the go,” Batman explained. “You know, I bet you two would love eating this stuff,” Ivory smiled at the boys. “Why don't you give it a try? For us, at least?”

Shaggy and Scooby hesitantly picked up the plate and each took a piece of food before eating them, and Shaggy couldn't believe how good it was. “It's like eating a full course meal!”

“In one moisture free bite!” Scooby agreed, and they downed the rest of the food, becoming full pretty fast and belching loudly. Ivory was caught offguard, but ultimately giggled, patting Scooby on the head before getting in the Batmobile, with Batman closely behind. “But, Batman, we wanna help,” said Zipp as she and Velma approached. “Even if we can't get out there and kick some flank.”

Batman tossed Velma the footprint that they took a sample of earlier. “This mud isn't native to the area. Find out where it came from.”

“You're letting us use the Batlab?” Velma asked with a chuckle. “Of course,” Ivory spoke with a small smile. “We are partners, after all.”

And just like that, the Batmobile zoomed out of the cave. “Come on, guys. Let's get to work,” Zipp said. “Batman and Ivory are counting on us to get some work done.”

The group split off to do their individual tasks... well, all except Pipp, Shaggy, Scooby, Sunny and Misty. The blue unicorn was silent as the thought of something, eventually deciding to speak. “Guys... do you think Ivory feels guilty for not being able to protect her dad?”

“I think so,” Sunny said with a nod. “Why else would she want to become a superhero? She'd want to make amends for things she couldn't do when she was a filly.”

“Let's talk to her when she gets back,” Pipp advised gently. “Right now, we have a lot of work to do.”