• Published 28th Jul 2023
  • 583 Views, 57 Comments

Twilight & Friends - The Complete Season 1 - ThomasZoey3000



Twilight Sparkle returns home to the Island of Sodor to reunited with friends, and to be drawn into crazy adventures.

  • ...
9
 57
 583

Twilight Comes Home

Twilight & Friends
A Thomas & Friends/My Little Pony: Equestria Girls Crossover Series
Written by: ThomasZoey3000

Episode 1: Twilight Comes Home

The Island of Sodor is a wonderful place for humans, animals and even engines to live in peace and harmony. Many of them get along quite well, with the once in a while exception of having arguments, and when troublemakers come around, they are always put in their place and if they are scheming, they are stopped in their tracks. It was a wonderful place to be and several individuals will agree. This is where our story begins.

A teenage girl at the age of eighteen was climbing over a hill with a small backpack on her back and carrying a small suitcase beside her. When she reached the top of the hill, she looked down on a small town called 'Ffarquhar'. She smiled, sighed and said; "I'm Home."

At the station, a blue tank engine with the number one painted on the sides of his tanks was coming in to pick up passengers for the journey to the junction, otherwise known as Knapford Junction to the residents of Sodor. The tank engine has a face and is called Thomas. His Driver, Mr. Eric Sparkle, was feeling depressed as he slowed Thomas to a stop.

"What's going on Eric?" asked Mr. Lennard, who was Thomas' fireman. "I haven't seen a smile on your face for a while now."

"Oh I'm sorry Jimmy, I was just thinking about my daughter, she's been away for a long time you know."

"We know," sighed Thomas. "It's been four years since we last saw her. I hope she hasn't forgotten about us."

Eric Sparkle tried to put on a brave face for the E2 tank engine, "I'm sure she hasn't Thomas. Although," he paused, "she hasn't written to us in a month, I only hope she hasn't gotten into trouble."

The fireman jumped down from the cab to uncouple Thomas from his two bogie wheeled coaches; Annie and Clarabel. As he was going for the coupling, he spotted someone on the platform. She smiled at the fireman, but gave him a signal to not say anything, just yet. The fireman nodded, continued with his work, then climbed back into the cab.

Thomas was moved from the front of the train and onto the back end, going bunker first.

The fireman leapt out of the cab again, then much to Thomas' surprise, he waved to someone. The person understood and walked over to the cab.

"Jimmy, do you know something I don't?" Thomas asked.

"Just be quiet Thomas, the answers will become clear to you soon enough," the fireman whispered.

The Driver had his back to the doorway, so he didn't see the person walk up to him and place her hands over his eyes.

There was a giggle, then; "guess who?"

The Driver gasped, "Twilight?"

He spun round, and sure enough, there was his teenage daughter; Twilight Sparkle. She was a beautiful girl with long purple hair with light purple and rose streaks. Her father was stunned at first, but then he jumped out of the cab, wrapped his arms around his little girl and gave her a big hug.

"So is this why you haven't written to us lately?" he asked.

"Yes Dad, it is," Twilight nodded. "I wanted to surprise you with my arrival, and I guess I did a good job."

"Uh excuse me, are you forgetting about me?" called another voice. It was coming from Thomas.

Twilight chuckled and walked up to his front end, "no of course not Thomas, I would never forget about you. You're my favorite engine after all."

"Really?" Thomas raised an eyebrow when he heard this, like he didn't believe her.

"Granted I've seen a lot of steam engines across the pond, but you're still my number one favorite engine," she smiled.

That was more than enough prove for Thomas that Twilight was telling the truth, so he showed his trademark smile at her. Just then, the guard's whistle blew.

"Whoops, time to go to the junction," said the Driver.

"Mind if I tag along?" Twilight asked.

"Of course you can honey, it'll just be uncomfortable in the cab."

"Hey, have you ever been in the cab of a GG1 electric engine? I have and they are smaller than this."

Twilight climbed into the cab, the Driver opened the reverser and Thomas puffed off back down the branch line.


At Knapford Junction, a red 2-6-0 tender engine was waiting for Thomas with the main line connection. This was James, the number 5 of the North Western Railway and is extremely proud of his paint. He doesn't like to get it dirty. Which is why on this day, he was being given a polish by a teenage girl with elegant purple hair. Her name was Rachel Arkwright, the daughter of James' Driver, but she has earned the nickname of Rarity over the years and so, the name has stuck.

James was complaining, "I love to be cleaned, but that Thomas is making me late, and he has the nerve to complain about us."

"Calm down James," said Mr. Arkwright firmly. "We've only been here for a couple of minutes, and Thomas isn't due to arrive for another five minutes. So just be patient."

"I'll...argh!" James groaned. His funnel was cloaked. A last batch of bad coal had been put in his tender that morning and now he was feeling stuffed up.

"I understand that awful stuff had to go, but why did you have to give it to James?" Rarity asked crossly. "The ashes that come out of his funnel just ruin his paintwork. Paintwork, which I have just cleaned for him."

"It was the Controller's orders, use the last of it and then we can use the cleaner stuff."

"It doesn't seem far if you ask me."

Just then, Thomas arrived with his coaches. As he came to a stop, Rarity spotted a familiar person inside his cab. She blinked several times just to make sure she wasn't seeing things. Then she gasped as Twilight stepped out of Thomas' cab.

"Twilight Sparkle?"

"Hello Rarity," Twilight smiled.

Rarity walked up to Twilight, surprised to see her old friend come home again. She smiled, then she took the time to look at Twilight's Outfit. "I really like your outfit Twilight, wherever did you get it?"

"Well I got these from various different stores, though the stars on my skirt were sewed on by my sister in law Cadance."

"It certainly adds a bit of flare to your outfit, and makes it look better."

"Uh speaking of flares, I think I'm going to blow again!" cried James.

"Oh no, Twilight get under the station canopy!"

Rarity and Twilight ran under the canopy and hid on the other side of the station building. They had just taken cover when James let out a huge sneeze, and blew out clouds of cinders and ashes out of his funnel. It covered everything, apart from Twilight and Rarity, in a thick black coat of dusty coal dust..

"Whew, that's better, I can breathe again," sighed James.

But now Thomas was unhappy, "thanks a lot James, now I'm going to need a washdown."

Even Rarity was unhappy, "I just cleaned you for goodness sakes, now all my work is ruined. This is the Worst. Thing. EVER!"

Twilight rolled her eyes, she remembered back to when she lived on Sodor before leaving that Rarity would say those three words if something ever went wrong.

"Well there's no time to clean James off, we got to get going," said the Driver. "Come along Rarity."

"Sure father," she sighed unhappily. But she did smile back at Twilight, "it is good to see back again Twilight, I do hope we'll run into each other soon."

"But Rarity, I'm not..." but Twilight was interrupted by the sound of the guard's whistle. Rarity jumped into the cab, the Driver opened the regulator and James puffed away with the main line stopper.

"Forgotten how busy it can get around here?" Thomas asked.

"Yes, I have forgotten," sighed Twilight. She turned back to the cab, "I've been away for too long."

"Ah don't worry sweetheart, you'll get used to it again after a while," smiled her father. "Now come on, we have to go to the big station next."

Twilight climbed back into the cab, then after the guard's whistle blew, Thomas puffed on towards the big station.


The North Western Railway has two major big stations. The one at the far end of the Island is at Barrow, where the North Western meets with Northern Rail, or commonly known to many as the Other Railway. The one Thomas was going to was at a place called Tidmouth. Tidmouth houses a big railyard, locomotive sheds, shops and lines that now go beyond the station itself. The town is also a big place where people can shop for just about anything they are looking for.

Thomas soon reached the big station where Twilight saw an unfamiliar engine. The engine had a wooden body, a tall cab and painted in a slightly darker red than James was. He had the numbers 1917 and a gold nameplate which read 'Stafford'.

"I don't recall seeing him before, who is that engine?"

"That Twilight, is Stafford the Electric Engine. When the workloads got too intense for Charlie to handle, Stafford was bought from the National Railway Museum to help with shunting duties around here. Stafford's done so well that sometimes Charlie isn't even needed here."

"Well that stinks, doesn't that mean he's stuck in his shed?"

"Not quite Twilight, he often goes from branch line to branch line, helping out whenever he can. Oh, here he comes now, I guess he's heading to another line."

Twilight and Thomas watched as a purple tank engine with a tall funnel and six red driving wheels rolled past with a string of loaded vans and ballast trucks. He whistled a greeting, then disappeared into the distance.

As passengers got off the train, the fireman uncoupled Thomas and the Driver took him to the water tower to have his extended water tanks filled up. Twilight found a bucket, took some water from the tower and started washing Thomas.

"Can't have you running around covered in coal dust now can we?" she smiled.

"No I guess not. Thanks Twilight."

As Twilight cleaned away and the fireman filled up the tanks, Stafford went to the coach yards and returned with several brown bogie wheeled coaches with yellow lining in tow. He shunted them to Platform 3, then rolled off to do other jobs. Twilight knew this was another local train, but she was not expecting to see a big blue pacific steam engine being backed onto the train. The engine was Gordon, a classic London North Eastern Railway A3 steam locomotive in NWR blue. A brother engine of the same class once ran at 124mph.

"Since when does Gordon run local trains?" Twilight asked.

"Since 2011," answered Thomas' fireman. "There are no coal or water facilities over on the mainland, so a high speed train was bought to do the express runs and Gordon was given the stopping trains. It took a while to get used to it, but he seems to be doing okay with it right now. He still gets to pull the express from time to time, but it's not that often. The works keeps those diesels in good working order."

On the platform was another teenage girl. She was watching Gordon back onto the train. As he was getting coupled up, she took one glance over the yards, gasped and then ran over there.

"Hey Twilight, I thought that was you. My gosh, you've really grown since the last time I saw you."

Twilight turned to face the other girl, "Riley Dash? Oh my goodness, you've really grown up too."

Riley Dash, more commonly known as Rainbow Dash, was another one of Twilight's friends. The reason she was called 'Rainbow Dash' was because of her hair, it was long with a pony tail on the back and it had six colors; red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple. Rainbow Dash sulked unhappily.

"Oh come on! You've been away for four years and you've forgotten my nickname?"

Twilight chuckled, "of course not, I know you prefer the name 'Rainbow Dash' better than Riley."

"You got that right. Rainbow Dash sounds more daring and impressive than Riley Dash, plus it makes more sense. Still, enough about me, what have you been up to? How come you're back? Is this a vacation?"

"Gee, and I thought Pinkie Pie asked a lot of questions," Twilight muttered to herself. "Well I..."

But she was interrupted by a guard's whistle.

"Whoops, I got to go, I'm meeting up with the football team this evening, hope to see you around before you take off again."

Twilight tried to say something, but Rainbow Dash was already taking off. She got on board the train and Gordon rattled away. Twilight kicked the ground unhappily, "I hate it when something interrupts me when I'm about to speak."

"Well this is a busy railway honey," said her father, "that's to be expected. But maybe you could answer Rainbow Dash's last question anyways."

"Why bother, something else will interrupt me."

"No it won't, just tell us Twilight," Thomas said kindly.

Twilight sighed, looked around to make sure nothing was going to interrupt her this time, then she gave her answer. "I'm moving back to Sodor, it was fun travelling and all, but to be honest, I miss the old Sudrian ways. I just miss being here with all my friends and family, it made me feel a little sad."

"Well then, allow me to be the first to say 'Welcome Home Twilight'."

"Thanks Thomas, it's good to hear that."

At last, Thomas' tanks were filled up and he was ready to head back to his coaches; Annie and Clarabel. As he was being backed onto the train, they heard an explosion, which made Thomas jump. Luckily, the Driver stopped him in time before he bumped the coaches.

"Take it easy there Thomas," he said, "it's just Pinkie Pie."

Everyone looked and saw Percy, a small green saddletank engine with four driving wheels, coming in with some trucks loaded with stone. In his cab was another teenage girl, the source of the explosion sounds. This was Andrea Pie, but since her clothes were mostly pink and her hair was pink, everyone who knew her often called her 'Pinkie Pie'. She liked to make people laugh and loved to throw parties. Today, she blew off a mini party cannon cause she saw Twilight.

"That sound's going to stick in my head for ages," groaned Percy.

"Sorry Percy," said Pinkie Pie. "But I had to do that, Twilight's home!"

Twilight knew she wouldn't have enough time for a chat, so she quickly said; "And I'm back to stay Pinkie, I'm not going anywhere."

"That is teeeeeeeeeeeriffic!" Pinkie Pie cheered. "We should have a party later. But we got to go now, bye-bye!"

Percy puffed past the station and over to the railyards, disappearing out of sight. Thomas rolled his eyes, "she may have grown up since you last saw her Twilight, but she's still the same old Pinkie Pie."

"Yes I can tell."

At that moment, the guard's whistle blew and Thomas puffed out of the station. Suddenly though, there was another whistle and Thomas' Driver stopped the train.

"Ohh! What now?" groaned Thomas.

The Stationmaster came forward to explain what was going on, "There was a derailment along your route to the branch line, which means you'll have to travel on the main line until you reach Knapford Junction. I've already informed Control and they'll allow you onto the main line."

"Oh bother, now we're going to be late."

"Can't be helped Thomas," said his Driver. "Now come on, let's go."

Thomas started again while the guard explained to the passengers of what was going on. Inside the cab, Twilight was beginning to feel tired. All the travelling she had been doing lately was beginning to take it's toll on her.

"You feeling okay honey?" her father asked.

"Yeah I'm fine, I'm just looking forward to going home and resting on my bed again. Is my room still the same as I had left it?"

"It is indeed, your mother and I never touched it once. Maybe clear the dust off your things, but that's about it, it's just as you had left it."

"That's good," she smiled. "Still, I wonder if I'll meet up with anymore of my friends today."

She was due to find out.


The journey back to the junction passed several stations. As they approached a station known by many as Wellsworth, they spotted a red signal and Thomas had to stop.

"Sorry, but you'll have to wait," said the Wellsworth Stationmaster. "James is due threw with a goods train any minute now, we'll put you on a siding out of the way."

"Oh joy, this just gets better and better," grumbled Thomas sarcastically.

The passengers were furious too. They wanted to get back to the branch line, yet these delays were holding them up. Thomas reversed and backed into a siding out of the way. The passengers continued to grumble.

"Cheer up there partners," said another voice. "We might have something here that will help y'all forget your troubles. Freshly made Apple brown bettys and apple cider."

"I know that voice," gasped Twilight.

She looked back to the carriages and saw a teenage girl selling home-made drinks and food. This girl was a country girl with blonde hair and had a cowboy hat on top of her head. Her name was Jackie Smith, but Twilight knew her better as...

"Applejack?"

The girl looked to the front of the train, and like so many of Twilight's friends, gasped when she saw the purple haired girl.

"So Pinkie Pie wasn't fibbing when she sent that text message," she chuckled as she handed an apple brown betty to a passenger, "the legendary Twilight Sparkle has come home."

"I'm not that legendary," chuckled Twilight. She climbed out of the cab, walked up to her old friend and gave her a hug.

"My golly it's been too long, how are things across the pond?"

"They're good, they're rebuilding the world's largest steam locomotive and I actually saw that engine move for the first time. Mind you, those Big Boys got loud voices."

Applejack laughed, "of course they do, they're Big Boys after all."

"Still, can't complain, everything's been great, but nothing beats Sodor and all the wonders this Island has to offer."

"Hence why you've come home huh?"

"Yep, and I'm excited about it, just like a young kid. Now tell me, how are things at the Orchard?"

"Oh can't complain either. Trevor's still hard at work, in fact he just came back from an overhaul, and we've delivered so many apples this year that we've set a new record."

"Yeah you Smiths are always setting records," Twilight chuckled. "Well that and challenging Rainbow Dash to a race every few days."

"Hey, I can't help it."

The two got into talking while Applejack continued selling Brown Bettys and Apple Cider. No sooner had she sold her last brown betty than James came into view. He grumbled as he pulled in with chattering trucks.

"Thanks for holding us up James," Thomas called rudely.

"Don't blame me," snorted James, "it was the trucks, they were muttering, chattering and holding me back so. It took every ounce of strength I had to get over Gordon's hill."

"Excuses, excuses, that's all you ever make James."

James snorted and rattled off down the line.

"Well, I see you lot will be going soon, I better head off myself," said Applejack. "Oh and don't worry about Spike, Fluttershy's taken great care of him."

Applejack said good bye to Twilight, then headed off to meet up with Trevor, a vintage traction engine in dark green, that was waiting in the parking lot.

With the line now clear, Twilight got back into the cab and Thomas puffed back onto the main line.


By the time they returned to Ffarquhar, Twilight was completely worn out. She thanked Thomas for the ride, then set off for home. Her mother 'Violet Sparkle' was very happy to see her, but seeing how tired Twilight was, she gladly allowed her daughter to go back to her room. Twilight's room is not like most girl's rooms, oh sure she had a few stuffed animals, one of which she called 'Owlicious', but she mostly had train items and a few that were models of the engines of the North Western Railway.

"I'm truly home," she sighed and collapsed onto her bed.

A few hours later, her mobile phone rang. She picked it up and noticed it was from Applejack, "hey Twilight, do you mind coming by Ffarquhar?"

"How come? And why are you at Ffarquhar?"

"I'll explain later, can you come though?"

"Sure, I'm on my way."


When she got to Ffarquhar, Twilight found that all the lights were out. Hardly anything could be seen. Before she could even ask of what was going on, there came a cry of 'SURPRISE!' The lights suddenly came on, and Twilight found herself surronded by all her friends. And she had discovered too that her friends had decorated the station and hung a banner that said 'Welcome Home Twilight'.

"You guys put this all together for me?"

"Of course we did," said Pinkie Pie cheerfully, "you're back to stay Twilight, it wouldn't be fair if we didn't give you a proper welcome home party."

"Are you really back to stay?" asked Rarity.

"Yes guys, I'm here to stay, I'm not going anywhere for a long time."

"Oh that's wonderful," said a voice. Twilight smiled as another one of her friends stepped forward. This was a girl named Flora Shy, but she's most commonly known by many as Fluttershy, a teenage girl with beautiful pink hair and had a passion for animals. "We've all missed you Twilight, but I do believe he's missed you more."

Sitting next to Fluttershy was Spike, Twilight's little dog.

Spike barked happily and ran up to Twilight. She picked him up and gave him a big hug, "I missed you too Spike." This was met with several licks of his tongue, "and I missed all of you as well."

"Well shucks, we missed you too Sugarcube," smiled Applejack.

"I guess now there's only thing left to say." Pinkie Pie paused, and all together, everyone said in unison, "Welcome Home Twilight Sparkle!"

And the party began. There was plenty of food, thanks to Applejack and Fluttershy, good music brought in by Rainbow Dash and Rarity, and of course, the party decorations were from Pinkie Pie. Everyone had a good time, especially Twilight.

"You know from this moment onwards, your life is never going to be normal again," Thomas commented to her.

"Maybe, but I love this kind of life Thomas," smiled Twilight. She sighed happily, took a sip of the home-made apple cider and said; "it's good to be home again."