• Published 28th Jul 2023
  • 584 Views, 57 Comments

Twilight & Friends - The Complete Season 1 - ThomasZoey3000



Twilight Sparkle returns home to the Island of Sodor to reunited with friends, and to be drawn into crazy adventures.

  • ...
9
 57
 584

Pinkie Pie and the Runaway Percy

Twilight & Friends

A Thomas & Friends/My Little Pony: Equestria Girls Crossover

Written by: ThomasZoey3000


Episode 6: Pinkie Pie and the Runaway Percy

If you are to ask anyone on the Island of Sodor about a girl named Pinkie Pie, then you'll be told that she's fun, loveable, sweet and caring. She also loves to throw parties, pull pranks and generally just likes to have fun. Many of the residents and engines have gotten used to Pinkie Pie's ways over the years, though newcomers get quite a shock when they first meet the energetic pink haired girl.

Her family often thinks that she needs to take life more seriously, but in spite of them, Pinkie goes on being herself and nobody would have it any other way.


Many of the residents on Sodor know better than to take chances near a railway, sadly there are some who believe it's fun to do dangerous stunts.

It was the case of one morning near Ffarquhar. Percy was coming in with a loaded train from the harbor. He had made good time, the trucks behaved themselves and the sun was shining brightly. All was going well for the green saddletank engine, that was until...

"Brakes Driver! Brakes!"

The Driver slammed on the brakes as hard as he could. The wheels locked and Percy skidded along the rails. The fireman looked out the cab and to his horror, found three foolish girls dashing over the tracks, one escaped with mere inches from Percy's right hand buffer. Thankfully she got away, but the three girls just laughed and ran away.

"Stupid kids!" snapped the Driver.

Once the train had stopped, he climbed down and checked the brake blocks. Thankfully they didn't stay locked, so once the brakes were released, Percy continued on to Ffarquhar. After that incident though, he and the trucks were rather shaken up.

At Ffarquhar, Pinkie Pie was talking with Twilight while she was out and about with Spike the Dog. Both girls were surprised to see Percy coming in, and with a shocked look on his face. Toby was nearby, getting ready to head off to the quarry.

"Hullo Percy, what happened to you?"

"Three...jumped...I...nearly..." but Percy's words weren't coming out properly.

Percy's fireman explained it to everyone, "three young girls jumped across the tracks in front of us, and the last one nearly got clipped by Percy's right hand buffer. It's a good thing we applied the brakes, or else the situation could've been worse."

"If you ask me, it's taken it's toll on Percy badly," said Pinkie.

She was right. Poor Percy was so startled that he couldn't take his next train. Toby had to shunt him to the sheds, shunt his trucks into line and Rosie, the USA Dock tank engine, had to take his next train.

Pinkie went to the sheds to help calm Percy down. Once he had calmed down, the Fat Controller arrived with a police officer.

"I know it was scary for you Percy," said the officer, "but I need to know in your words of what actually happened today."

With his nerves now calm, Percy was able to speak.

"Well Sirs, I was puffing along with my goods train, and running to perfect timing, but as I got near to Ffarquhar, I saw three young girls jump out from the bushes and dash across the tracks. The last one was slower than the others, and I nearly got her with my buffer."

"And these three girls, can you describe them?"

"One had orange curly hair, the second had purple hair with pony tails on both sides of her head, and the last one, the one that I nearly clipped, had blue hair with a pony tail on the back of her head."

Pinkie sighed and rolled her eyes, "That sounds like the Dazzlings."

"Who?" asked the police officer.

"Adagio Dazzle, Aria Blaze and Sonata Dusk were once our main rivals at School when we had a band called the Rainbooms. They always cheated and took dangerous risks, and I thought for a long time they had changed their ways, but I guess I was wrong. If Percy is correct in his description of them, then it was those three."

"Right, well we'll try to track those three down and have a little chat with them about railway safety."

With everything written down in his notebook, the officer walked away.

"I did try to stop Sir," Percy whispered to the Fat Controller.

"I know Percy, and I don't blame you for this, it's those three girls that will be blamed. Just rest your wheels for the rest of today, then you can take your trains tomorrow."

"Yes Sir, thank you Sir."


When Pinkie met up with the girls again, she told them of what Percy had said.

"Adagio, Aria and Sonata again?" groaned Rainbow Dash and slapped her forehead. "Those three never change do they? They just rather cause trouble for everyone, even putting their own lives on the line."

"Or ours," added Rarity. "Remember when they sabotaged those lights during our last concert? They could've hurt us."

All the girls nodded, even Twilight. Although she had been away for four years, she knew all too well about Adagio, Aria and Sonata, and the trouble they can cause.

"Well with Sodor's finest on the job, they're bound to get caught again," said Applejack. "It's a shame though, their talents could be put to good use elsewhere."

"Indeed," agreed Rainbow Dash, "why can't they change their ways like Sunset did?"

"Cause not everyone is willing to take that second chance," answered Sunset. "They enjoy what they do, even if it doesn't make sense to others. I think the only way they're ever going to change is if something does happen to them, but I hope it doesn't."

"Are you supporting them Sunset?"

"No of course not Rainbow. I just don't want to see anyone get hurt, especially around Railways."

"I have to go with Sunset on this one," added Rarity, "it's not nice to think that way. Still, it's thanks to fools like those three that we have Railway safety campaigns."

"Well hopefully this incident will make them see sense before it's too late," said Fluttershy timidly.


I'm sorry to say that was wishful thinking. In spite of their near miss, the three girls were laughing over their daring jumps over the railway tracks.

"Did you see the look on that green caterpillar's face?" giggled Aria, "it was priceless."

"Yeah priceless," agreed Sonata, "I only wish I had gotten a picture of him."

"Just run faster next time, then you'll be able to get your picture. In fact, why don't we do that with the blue one tomorrow?"

The leader of the trio; Adagio shook her head, "nah let's not."

"What? You don't want to have some fun tomorrow?"

The girls went silent and put their hoods over their heads as two police officers walked on past. They didn't even see their faces, or their hairstyles.

"Of course I want to have some fun tomorrow, but why jump in front of a train when we can just take one?"

"Take one?" asked Sonata, "what do you mean?"

"I've been watching the trains at those yards, and I know the green engine is always there for half an hour before the passenger train arrives. So I suggest we sneak into the yards tomorrow, wait till the passenger train arrives, then go for a ride with the green engine."

The girls giggled and agreed to the plan.


Percy was feeling better the following next morning. He puffed out of his shed and coupled up to several trucks bound for the junction. As the girls had expected, he had to wait for Daisy the Diesel rail Car's passenger train to come threw. His Driver went to get some coffee while the fireman checked Percy's joints. Percy took the chance to have a nap. It would've been better if he didn't.

Adagio, Aria and Sonata were nearby, hidden in one of the vans. They had arrived in the cover of darkness and were waiting for the right moment. They soon heard it, a diesel horn in the distance.

"Okay, now!" whispered Adagio.

She and Aria ran towards Percy, while Sonata with her mobile phone in hand, was on the look out for the Driver or any other railway employee.

Not too far off, Pinkie Pie was hanging out with Rainbow Dash and Sunset Shimmer. Sunset had brought along her new motorcycle with a nice custom paintjob done by herself.

"Nice decals you added," commented Rainbow Dash, "it definitely makes the bike more interesting."

"Thanks Rainbow. I thought the decals didn't turn out well, but if you guys like them, then so do I."

Suddenly, Pinkie started to shake, "uh oh, I sense trouble."

"What kind of trouble Pinkie?"

"I don't know, but something bad is about to happen."

Many of Pinkie's friends knew that if she was twitching, then they'd better listen to her 'Pinkie Sense' as she's never been wrong about anything.

In the yards, Adagio had climbed into Percy's cab and started messing with his controls. Sonata was still on the look out when she noticed the Driver, "red alert, red alert," she whispered into her phone, "the Driver's coming back." But she had forgotten to make the connection before they went threw with their plan.

"Hey you, what are you doing in the cab?!" cried the driver.

Startled, Adagio jumped down from the cab, then she and her friends took off running. The fireman, who had been checking the brakes on the trucks, tried to stop them, but they managed to get away.

"The nerve of some people. Running in front of a train is not enough for them, so they decide to take one," grumbled the driver.

"Good thing they failed," sighed the fireman.

Daisy soon arrived and pulled into the station, but her brakes hadn't come on before Percy felt himself begin to move.

"Oh, is it time to go?" he yawned as he woke up from his nap. But he got no answer.

When the trucks started moving, the driver looked to the front of the train, and to his horror, found Percy moving. He raced after his engine, but Percy was gathering speed as he left the yards. Percy looked back and gasped as he saw both his crew members racing after him.

"Hang on a moment here, if they're not in my cab, then who is?" He suddenly realized, there was no one in the cab. "Oh no, I'm running away! Help! Help!"

Percy's speed increased and soon he was out of the yards and onto the branch line.

The crew ran to the station, but the Stationmaster had already seen everything and was now making the call, "we have a runaway. I repeat, we have a runaway train! Percy is out on the branch with no crew on board!"

Rainbow had heard this and told her friends.

"Poor Percy, I wish there was something we could do for him," said Sunset.

"There is," said Pinkie. She picked up a helmet and put it on her head, "get me to Percy, and I'll do the rest."

"Pinkie are you crazy? Oh you know what, never mind, just get on."

With the turn of the key, Sunset's bike roared into life. Pinkie got on the back, and with a turn of the handle, the bike took off. Rainbow Dash kicked the ground, "and I wanted to ride on it first."


"Trucks, put on your brakes!" cried Percy.

The trucks, scared out of their wits, applied their brakes as hard as they could, but with the regulator jammed open, Percy was still going much too fast. Many of the brakes on the trucks failed and the speed increased.

Percy slowed down for the hill beyond Ffarquhar. He hoped it would be enough to stop him, but he charged on up the hill and raced dangerously down the other side, nearly coming off the rails as he did.

On the nearby road, Sunset and Pinkie were catching up, but a river was right in between the road and railway.

"It's no good Pinkie, I can't get close," said Sunset.

"Then we'll have to take a risk," said Pinkie. "If we hurry into the next town, we can get close to the tracks and I can jump into Percy's cab."

"But Pinkie that's dangerous, what if we lose control?" But Pinkie was determined to help her father's engine and friend. Seeing that determination, Sunset put her worries away and raced on ahead of Percy.

They soon arrived in the town, and raced towards the tracks. They'd only have a slim chance here. They waited and waited, until at last Percy came threw.

"Help! Help!" cried Percy as he dashed threw the town.

The bike took off again and soon was side by side with Percy. They were so close that Sunset could feel the wind from Percy's speeding side rods. Pinkie tried to reach for the handles, but missed every time and worst still, Percy was speeding up again. He soon left Sunset and Pinkie behind and carried on down the branch.

"It was a good effort, but it wasn't enough. No other town will give us this chance, we'll just have to wait till he runs out of steam," sighed Sunset.

Pinkie shook her head, "not this time, I'm sure we can catch him. If we keep going, we'll get to a spot that's close to the railway."

"But Pinkie, there are no other pieces of road that are this close to the branch line."

"Then we'll just have to go on the ballast."

Sunset gasped at the idea, but again she put her worries aside and they chased on after Percy once more.


Poor Percy was getting tired. He wanted to stop, but he couldn't, "I shall have to go on until my wheels fall off," he groaned. "Oh dear, what a day this is."

Sunset and Pinkie roared on with every bit of speed the bike could throw out. At last, they caught up with Percy's runaway train.

"Steady now Pinkie, don't fall off," warned Sunset.

Bringing both her legs to one side of the bike, Pinkie held on as Sunset rode on the ballast and drove close to Percy's cab. The bike wobbled a bit as the wind from Percy's siderods blew against them.

"Go for it when you're ready, then I'll have to back off."

Pinkie nodded and timing her movement, she reached out for the handles. At last, she got one and the other one. Then she jumped off the bike, nearly falling onto the ballasted track. Thankfully, she held on with all her might and placed her feet on the steps. Sunset backed off and cheered, "way to go Pinkie Pie!"

Percy sighed as Pinkie climbed into his cab, "oh Pinkie, am I ever glad to see you."

"I'm glad to see you too Percy. Now what do you say we stop you?"

She reduced the speed, closed the regulator and applied the brakes. At last, Percy stopped with a sigh of relief. Pinkie pulled out her mobile phone and called the Stationmaster at the Junction, "Percy's runaway train has been stopped. I repeat, Percy's train has been stopped."

"Roger that, we'll send Thomas to collect you," came the reply on the other end of the phone.

Some time later, Thomas arrived and once coupled up, he towed Percy all the way to the junction.


Sunset arrived before them, and shortly after she arrived, the Fat Controller arrived, then Percy's Driver and fireman, followed by a police car.

When Thomas and Percy finally came into the junction, Pinkie gulped. She knew she had broken the rules and put herself in danger. The four men stood silently as she walked out of the cab.

"I know it was dangerous and foolish to drive that close to a moving train," she said, "but I had to do something. It was all my idea, Sunset was just along for the ride."

"While I will admit it was dangerous," said the Fat Controller, "I am pleased with your efforts. Not many teenage girls can say that they rode beside a train, jumped onto it and lived to tell the tale at the end of the day."

"No I guess not," smiled Pinkie.

"Just promise us you won't do that again," said her father, "Your mother would never let me hear the end of it."

"Don't worry Dad, I won't do it again."

"That's good, and thank you for stopping Percy. It could've been worse as Thomas was due to leave with a goods train of his own. We would've had a head-on collision."

"Indeed," agreed the Fat Controller. "Well done Andrea Pie."

"Thank you Sir."

"Uh sir, she's actually known as Pinkie Pie," Percy corrected.

"Opps sorry, I guess I need to learn all the nicknames you lot give each other."

The officer also thanked Pinkie and Sunset for their efforts, then promised the Fat Controller that those responsible would be dealt with once caught.


And a few days later, they were. Adagio, Aria and Sonata were caught by the police after they tried again to sneak into the yards at the junction. They of course denied ever starting Percy's runaway, but thanks to CCTV footage from Ffarquhar yards, they were charged for causing the runaway. Along with the charges of trespassing and being the cause of Percy's frights the day before the runaway, they were forced to stay away from the railway or go to jail for several nights. Needless to say, they listened this time.

Most of Pinkie's family were shocked by her actions, but once told of what she did, they were very pleased with her. Though she had to make multiple promises not to get that close to a moving train again.

The story spread like wildfire across Sodor and one person even said that he might write up a story about the runaway incident.

"You know," said Daisy one night after the runaway, "for a party girl, that Pinkie sure can be serious when she wants to be."

The other branch line engines smiled in agreement. Suddenly, they heard a mini explosion. They looked over to the station and found that Pinkie's party cannons had gone off again, as she was put in charge of the Stationmaster's birthday party.

"Serious or not, she's still our Pinkie Pie," smiled Percy, "and I wouldn't change that for anything in the world."