• Published 8th Jul 2023
  • 456 Views, 6 Comments

Twilight Abuses the Cutie Map - Cxcd



Twilight messes with the Cutiemap, and creates a way to look into alternate timelines. What’s going on over there?

  • ...
1
 6
 456

Twilight's Type Aftermath

“No- No!” Twilight made a gasping sound as the illusion on the table dissolved, leaving the ghostly halo of two ponies and a dragoness galloping into the darkness unresolved. “It was just getting good!”

“Wow, Twilight.” Starlight said, sitting on the floor and leaning forwards intently. “I didn’t know you were into big stallions.”

“Such a shame you were rejected by Big Mac.” Rarity added thoughtfully. “You two would’ve made such a good power couple.”

“I’m angry.” Twilight added, sighing out aggressively.

“Why didn’t it finish?” Rarity asked.

“Because it hasn’t finished yet in their timeline.” Twilight explained. “The story is still unfolding as we speak. It’s like watching live TV. I can rewind and review what has already happened, but I can only go as far as the broadcaster has made it.”

“Hm.” Rarity hummed, tapping her chin. “Great analogy, dear, but one question. What is a TV?

“Don’t worry about it.” Starlight leaned over, whispering. “It’s just some crazy thing the human world has.”

“Ah.” Rarity nodded.

“That’s also really annoying.” Twilight sighed. “I’m curious who I would hook up with, as bad as that sounds. It’s like… looking at what could have been.” She looked up and at the ceiling, wires dangling all across it. “Although… I already have my eye on somepony…”

“Oh?” Rarity straightened her back up. “And who might this be, pray and tell?”

“Oh, just some guard I met a little while ago.” Twilight smiled dreamily. “I’ve been trying to get him to become my personal bodyguard, but that would mean creating an entire military division for Ponyville, yadah yadah, specifics.” She sighed, itching her wrist. “Maybe I should get on that…”

“You’re doing the thing!” Rarity suddenly screeched, pointing at Twilight. Twilight’s wings snapped open as she almost fell over on the ground, looking at Rarity with wide eyes. “You’re itching your fetlock! Just like you did in the hologram!”

“Actually, I’m curious about that, too.” Starlight added. “Why were you itching so much?”

“Well,” Twilight started, her wings folding back against her sides. “I think it’s because I’m autistic.”

“What, dear?”

“You know- on the spectrum.” Twilight specified. “I was diagnosed pretty early. I think itching my wrist was just something I picked up on to help me calm down. That, and organizing, although I don’t think I’m OCD.”

“You’re… autistic?” Starlight asked. “But doesn’t that mean… you can’t take care of yourself?”

“What?” Twilight asked, now her turn to be confused. “Of course not! Being autistic doesn’t mean you can’t take care of yourself!”

“You don’t look autistic.” Rarity added thoughtfully.

“Thanks, Rarity, for your input.” Twilight dead-panned. “You don’t need to look autistic to be autistic. Sure, some ponies on the spectrum can look a little… different, but not everypony looks the same!” Twilight said. “I mean, look at Lyra! In town! The one that loves humans! She’s autistic, too!”

“I… guess.” Rarity said skeptically.

“Let’s change the channel!” Starlight redirected, her horn igniting. “To… err- speaking of humans, let’s…” There was a clicking sound, and like last time, a blurry blue halo ignited on the table. “Look, see? A human!”

“She looks…” Rarity made a gagging sound. “Why are they all fleshy like that?”

“That’s just what humans look like.” Twilight observed. “Is it okay if I make some popcorn?”

“Go for it.”